What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you nap? (4 Viewers)

If you nap, do you like it?

• Love napping

Votes: 94 55.0%
  • Napping is ok

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • Not a fan but feel I needed to

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • I don't nap

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters
I work nights (7p-7a), so napping during the day on my off days is a way of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Power napper here.  I nap daily, and sometimes a couple times a day.  I can fall asleep easily, and nap for 15-20 minutes and I'm good.

When I worked in an office, I would take one after lunch every day.  When I had my own office, I would just shut the door.  When I was sharing an office, I would either go to my car, or just take one right there.  I would tell my office mate I was taking a nap, and she would actually just shut the door to our office and keep working.

Working from home, I may take one mid day, and if not, right after work.

When I have a long drive, say driving home from my son's (3 hours away), I will go to a room and lie on the floor for about 15 minutes.  If I get tired driving, I pull into a rest area and set my phone for 10 minutes.  My wife has timed me and says that I am usually asleep within 2 minutes of setting the timer.

I nap a few times a week, always an hour minimum, 2 hour max,  but I'm on a crazy sleep schedule (sleep from 5-6am to noon most days)

40 and rainy here today so put the PGA championship on.. Kop is up 5... :yawn: .  Drift off.. Wake up... 

Kop up 1.. WTF did I miss :eek:

big, big nap fan. happens rarely anymore but there's nothing better than recharging the battery with a nap. sometimes all it takes is 15 - 20 minutes of almost meditative time and i'm good.

conked out for nearly 3 hours today after a morning run. felt like a couple hundred dollars after waking up.

Some of my best memories are taking my 2 year old to music class, getting a pizza lunch with him and having a couple beers, then walking home and napping the #### out of the rest of the day with him. 

Wish I was still so lucky. 

My wife is the queen of naps.  (See my "I hate gifts" thread - part of her birthday was allocating time for her to nap)  I on the other hand don't nap much.  If anything, I try and watch a TV show when the kids are napping and pass out from exhaustion.  It's rarely intentional any more, and honestly 9/10 times I wake up with a headache feeling way worse than I did before.  

On our trips to Canada, naps have almost become mandatory..

Skies start getting light before 5 am and sun doesn't set until after 9 pm..

Usually out fishing from 6 am until 2 or 3 pm, head in to recharge, eat fish dinner around 5ish, back out fishing until after 9 pm..

Then back in for another fish meal, cribbage and some :banned:  ..

Lucky if we hit the bed by Midnight, rinse and repeat for the week.. 

I'd nap every day if I could.

22-23 minute alarm seems to be ideal for me. A couple of minutes to fall asleep and ~20 minutes to nap.

Only out of necessity (usually on heavy travel days, long flights, layovers, etc.) because anything less than about 4 hours sleep and I'll feel like crap for hours.

I will fall asleep on my futon in our office watching TV 1-2 times a week, usually on weekends.

And because I hate my job and look for any way to avoid it, I stop at my parents' place on Wednesday mornings to take an hour snooze.

I sometimes feel groggy after said naps.  No biggie, though.  

Users who are viewing this thread