What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you vote with your wallet? (1 Viewer)

Do you vote with your wallet?

• Yes and I’ll be voting straight ticket Republican this year

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Yes and I’ll be voting straight ticket Democrat this year

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Yes, but I’m voting for a mix of candidates

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 64.9%

• Total voters
Absolutely. When you see the lack of awareness we see from this administration costing Americans so much, 💯.

Last edited:
I've lived in my house for nearly 30 years and in the same township for nearly all of my life. I've had governors and mayors of both parties for extended periods of time. And yet my COL continues to go up no matter which party is in control. I've experienced inflation and periods of recession regardless of the party in the White House.

So which side will save me money?

This time around the economy is the leading issue for the majority of voters. I wouldn't say I always vote with my wallet, but things are pretty bad right now.

No, but voting straight ticket Democrat. No matter what the financial crisis may be, I still have control over my personal financial situation and can make changes if need be. What I can't control or change as easily right now is my wife and daughter's right to choose. That's the main thing I'm voting for since we live in a no exceptions state and moving to a different state like my senator says to do is just not feasible for us.

Last edited:
No, I never really do. I try to vote for what I think is the best for our country, not how it affects my bank account. If it also improves that, bonus.

Of course, which is why it's never driven my decision making. Both parties have been bad for my wallet my entire voting life (and beyond).

Usually no, but seeing as this administration has added years to my working life, hell yes this time around.
Because of the stock market?
Mostly because of the whistling past the graveyard we saw with inflation. This administration, even when it was obvious, denied that this was an issue so they had clear track to spend on whatever they thought was important. Well, we see what that has gotten us. Runaway inflation has caused a massive impact to bond stability, loss of purchasing power, etc. I also worry about my kid who is just of the age to think about his first house. Welcome to 7% mortgages and massive inflation in house prices if he buys and rent if he doesn't.

Just blindingly stupid actions that have impacted all of us. That I hold this administration responsible for. Lets hope his administration is transient.

Just blindingly stupid actions that have impacted all of us. That I hold this administration responsible for. Lets hope his administration is transient.
"transient" as in what the Dems labeled inflation a year ago?

Usually no, but seeing as this administration has added years to my working life, hell yes this time around.
Mostly because of the whistling past the graveyard we saw with inflation. This administration, even when it was obvious, denied that this was an issue so they had clear track to spend on whatever they thought was important. Well, we see what that has gotten us. Runaway inflation has caused a massive impact to bond stability, loss of purchasing power, etc. I also worry about my kid who is just of the age to think about his first house. Welcome to 7% mortgages and massive inflation in house prices if he buys and rent if he doesn't.

They can own responsibility for spending and that had an impact on inflation. I doubt a Trump administration wouldn't have spent but thats another story I suppose. A great deal of this pain was baked in though don’t you agree? We blew it out to feel as little stress during the pandemic (a move I agreed with) this inflated stock market, housing, all assets.

The market had a huge run up for Biden’s first year in part because of that, money everywhere, cheap. They are still up from when he won. People just see the past year lost which is seriously painful I get but Dow is up like 6%ish i believe since Biden won so a little perspective is nice to have.

Housing prices will come down, they already are so that will help new home buyers. I‘m not smart enough to know when they lower rates again.

Yes and open insurrection is just about the worst possibility for my money. Voting straight D.

Do you see inflation as being significantly worse in the US than other major nations? Serious question, I haven't been tracking global inflation.

No. But I am a one issue voter.
That being... "is the candidate Trump or an election denier"?

That's pretty much where I'm at. :shrug:
I think I would phrase it as, I now vote anti GOP. When that party dies the death it deserves, I'll reevaluate.
I'll vote for any GOP candidate, if he/she is an anti-Trump nominee, vs Biden. If neither Trump nor Biden runs, then it's up in the air for me.

To answer the OPs question, I've never voted with my wallet and never will.

Do you see inflation as being significantly worse in the US than other major nations? Serious question, I haven't been tracking global inflation.
It's been a few pips higher than other first world countries. Luckily lower than Argentina.

I think I would phrase it as, I now vote anti GOP. When that party dies the death it deserves, I'll reevaluate.
I'll vote for any GOP candidate, if he/she is an anti-Trump nominee, vs Biden. If neither Trump nor Biden runs, then it's up in the air for me.

Wow. This is why the Republican party has gone bat **** crazy. There is no accountability.

Wow. This is why the Republican party has gone bat **** crazy. There is no accountability.
Republicans are batshit crazy because you can't read?

Huh? I’m a Democrat. Biden shouldn’t be the nominee — he’s way too old. I’m done voting for Boomers.

Accountability in what?

Accountability in what?
I will try to put what I think Tommy is saying in a nicer, more digestible way: the more people vote strict D or R, the more politicians know they can do pretty much what they want.

Last edited:

Accountability in what?
I will try to put what I think Tommy is saying in a nicer, more digestible way: the more people vote strict D or R, the more politicians now they can do pretty much what they want.
Lol it’s early. At least you’re not changing bedpans after a Bears loss.

Accountability in what?
I will try to put what I think Tommy is saying in a nicer, more digestible way: the more people vote strict D or R, the more politicians now they can do pretty much what they want.
Lol it’s early. At least you’re not changing bedpans after a Bears loss.
Not far off. I am at the hospital (not me, with my kid) after a tough Mariners loss.

Nope....fortunately, my father taught me many years ago that it's not wise to have your finances organized in such a way that the government can impact them greatly one way or the other. One of the best lessons he ever taught me...miss that dude every day!!

Accountability in what?
😅 As noted earlier, I’m a Dem. This is about not voting for Biden (or Trump). I’m done with voting for a) people In my parents’ age demographic, b) any of the abysmal choices we’ve had the past 2 cycles. (which would include Clinton)

@BladeRunner I hope you saw this and enjoy the comedy of TGunz suggesting that I’m a Republican. ;)

I vote with my wallet. Normally, the candidate that runs on lowering my taxes. This cycle I'll be voting with my wallet again, but this time the candidate that I think has the best solutions to inflation. I don't know if that will be Rep or Dem yet so I can't answer the poll.

Nope....fortunately, my father taught me many years ago that it's not wise to have your finances organized in such a way that the government can impact them greatly one way or the other. One of the best lessons he ever taught me...miss that dude every day!!

If the government so chose they could bend you over with your finances. They could institute a 90% income tax, 90% tax on retirement withdraws, 90% tax on capital gains, they could tax air if they wanted to. Just because you think the government can't affect your finances doesn't make it so. Not doing it and not having the ability to do it are not the same thing.

I vote with my wallet. Normally, the candidate that runs on lowering my taxes. This cycle I'll be voting with my wallet again, but this time the candidate that I think has the best solutions to inflation. I don't know if that will be Rep or Dem yet so I can't answer the poll.
If the argument is that inflation is caused largely by government spending money it doesn't have, perhaps constantly lowering taxes and thus depriving the government of money it needs isn't a wise tactic?

I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I'm not struggling, and I don't really care that much about making more. Taxes, inflation, etc. don't factor in to my vote at all.

Users who are viewing this thread