What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does Chris Cooley take on the Tony Gonzales role? (1 Viewer)

they've got nothing to point to for optimism.
Other than playing Houston next week, I agree.Brunell is not right. He looked worse last night than in 2004, IMO. I'd make the move to Campbell now. A road game against Houston with Portis in the lineup would be a nice place to start for him.
Brunell isn't getting pulled until his a leg or arm falls off.......
I'm pretty sure his arm fell off last night.

I just pieced together the fact that Saunders coming to WAS could mean a substantial increase in TE production there. Cooley has already demonstrated that he is a very athletic and very able member of the offense. Does Cooley now take a big step up to elite TE status next year?
Boy does it look like I missed this one by a mile. :bag:

thayman said:
dgreen said:
redman said:
Other than playing Houston next week, I agree.Brunell is not right. He looked worse last night than in 2004, IMO. I'd make the move to Campbell now. A road game against Houston with Portis in the lineup would be a nice place to start for him.
Unfortunately, given what we saw with Theismann in 1985 before he was injured and Doug Williams in 1988 and 1989, and Brunell in 2004, I can't disagree with you. It's one of his rare coaching shortcomings, but Gibbs consistently sticks with his veteran starting QB's long past when they should be pulled from the lineup.

thayman said:
dgreen said:
redman said:
Unfortunately, given what we saw with Theismann in 1985 before he was injured and Doug Williams in 1988 and 1989, and Brunell in 2004, I can't disagree with you. It's one of his rare coaching shortcomings, but Gibbs consistently sticks with his veteran starting QB's long past when they should be pulled from the lineup.
If they don't look OUTSTANDING against Houston, it's not going to be pretty the following week at Fed Ex Field vs. JAX the first time Brunell throws and incompletion or throws a 2-yard pass to a RB on 3rd-and-8. Not that Gibbs is going to follow what the crowd wants, but Brunell will receive little support.I've avoided all Skins news since the end of the game. Has Gibbs said anything about the QB situation yet?

I've avoided all Skins news since the end of the game. Has Gibbs said anything about the QB situation yet?
So far, only the obligatory post-game comments about still believing in the team, blah, blah, blah. My position going into this season was that Brunell is still a good QB if he's healthy. I'm now rethinking that and wondering whether he's now washed up. The problem is that with the o-line blocking as poorly as they are and with Portis out, it's hard to isolate and evaluate a single problem. Still, he looks indecisive back there and the next play he makes will be the first one this season.

I've avoided all Skins news since the end of the game. Has Gibbs said anything about the QB situation yet?
So far, only the obligatory post-game comments about still believing in the team, blah, blah, blah.
Hmm, if Gibbs didn't jump to comment about Brunell, he may be considering the move soon. In 2004, Gibbs was quick to praise Brunell about decision making, leadership, and heart after every game. If he just talked about the team in general...
My position going into this season was that Brunell is still a good QB if he's healthy. I'm now rethinking that and wondering whether he's now washed up. The problem is that with the o-line blocking as poorly as they are and with Portis out, it's hard to isolate and evaluate a single problem. Still, he looks indecisive back there and the next play he makes will be the first one this season.
:goodposting: Brunell may have turned back into a pumpkin.

Users who are viewing this thread