What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dolphins after Schaub (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
Several sources have indicated that the Dolphins are in hot pursuit of Falcons quarterback Matt Schaub, the 6-5 backup to Michael Vick. Schaub, who's in the final year of his three-year rookie $1.85 million contract, has started two games in two seasons. A source said the Falcons have received inquiries from several teams this offseason for Schaub, but it would take "a high pick" to possibly get him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dol...la-sports-front

My interpretation: "If we lose the leverage of Brees in our negotiation with the Vikes re: Culpepper, we'll begin leveraging interest in Schaub."

I hope they are not seriously considering Schaub.

I know all the 'reports' have him listed as a player with some skill, but Miami's enthusiasm with drafting career backups and inserting them into the starting role hasn't been too successful in recent years (Fiedler, Lucas, Feeley). I would like to see some solid results prior to dishing out some picks and players for this guy.

Schaub is, in my mind, the best young backup in the league [presuming Phil Rivers is now a starter]. He'll get an emormous payday from some team and the Falcons would do well to monetize him in some way now, because I can't see him re-signing as a backup when he's all but assured of a chance to start in a year or two elsewhere.

I know all the 'reports' have him listed as a player with some skill, but Miami's enthusiasm with drafting career backups and inserting them into the starting role hasn't been too successful in recent years (Fiedler, Lucas, Feeley). I would like to see some solid results prior to dishing out some picks and players for this guy.
In contrast to those other guys, Schaub looks like the real deal when he plays. The issue here is that Schaub is trained in the WCO. I'm not sure how that translates to the Miami offense.

Schaub has much more physical ability than any of those three.

Users who are viewing this thread