What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (1 Viewer)

Mizzou is entering the SEC, they are not a traditional high powered offense, they don't have a high profile QB .... DHB has chosen a very hard path

Hope his choice works for him, Arkansas could have given him the world (and a few other schools that cater to offense and QB/WR development)

Good luck DHB - you're going to need it

Mizzou is entering the SEC, they are not a traditional high powered offense, they don't have a high profile QB .... DHB has chosen a very hard path

Hope his choice works for him, Arkansas could have given him the world (and a few other schools that cater to offense and QB/WR development)

DHB?DGB looks a little lumbering at the line to me. Did anyone else see that?

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
'Stealthycat said:

DHB?DGB looks a little lumbering at the line to me. Did anyone else see that?
Already on the do not draft list!

from Rotoworld:

Missouri HC Gary Pinkel believes sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham is "a different guy" this season.
"He catches the ball so well, he can turn an average play into a big play, and I think we’re starting to see really how good he can be," Pinkel added. "He’s getting more comfortable with executing his assignments, and he’s getting the ball, he’s getting open and making plays," new offensive coordinator Josh Henson said. "And I think all those things lend to your personality coming out, feeling more comfortable in your skin."

Source: NY Times

from Rotoworld:

Missouri HC Gary Pinkel believes sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham is "a different guy" this season.
"He catches the ball so well, he can turn an average play into a big play, and I think we’re starting to see really how good he can be," Pinkel added. "He’s getting more comfortable with executing his assignments, and he’s getting the ball, he’s getting open and making plays," new offensive coordinator Josh Henson said. "And I think all those things lend to your personality coming out, feeling more comfortable in your skin."

Source: NY Times
:popcorn: big fan of his potential. if he reaches it he could be elite. excited to see if he can make strides this season.

Who would you guys value more in dynasty at the moment, DGB or Sammy Watkins.
Not that high on either of them at the moment, though I haven't spent much time watching them. Watkins had some insane stats. I don't know if there's anything to his game other than speed though. Maybe. He certainly warrants consideration.
DGB no question, the kid is the next Megatron. Body like Calvin, hands like Hakeem.

what's the coach suppose to say? the guy is, so far, immature and as underachieving as he could possibly be ... and at Mizzou he'll never put up great numbers, not playing in the SEC

bad choices, bad decisions .... move on to the next WR please

what's the coach suppose to say? the guy is, so far, immature and as underachieving as he could possibly be ... and at Mizzou he'll never put up great numbers, not playing in the SEC

bad choices, bad decisions .... move on to the next WR please
Why would you say that?

Mizzou's QB sucked in 2012, their #1 WR had 46-509-3 but the #1 reason?

2013 schedule

Murray St

Toledo

Indiana

Arkansas St

Vanderbilt

Georgia

Florida

South Carolina

Tennessee

Kentucky

Ole Miss

Texas A&M

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I agree with is that he should have went to Arkansas. Cobi Hamilton put up 90/1300 last year so who knows what DGB could have done there.

Rotoworld updates:

Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham checks in as ESPN's Travis Haney's No. 7 breakout player entering the 2013 season.

"For him, it's going to come through maturity," Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel said. "He's going to be a lot different player than he was a year ago." Offensive coordinator David Yost left for Washington State this offseason, but it's not yet known how the Tigers' offensive philosophy will change. Missouri will continue to run its offense out of a spread formation. "Green-Beckham is still 6-foot-6, 220 pounds," writes Haney. "He still physically compares to a young Calvin Johnson. And, yes, he is still young." Green-Beckham, the No. 1 rated recruit in 2012 and the all-time national high school receiving leader, caught a disappointing 28 balls for 395 yards and five touchdowns last season.

Aug 8 - 2:48 PM

Source: ESPN Insider
Missouri HC Gary Pinkel said sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham will see the ball a lot more in 2013.

Green-Beckham, the No. 1 rated recruit in 2012, caught a disappointing 28 balls for 395 yards and five touchdowns last season. After recording just seven catches in the Tigers' first seven games, DGB tallied 21 catches and four TDs in Mizzou's final five contests. The all-time national high school receiving leader possesses elite size -- 6'6/220 pounds -- and athleticism. So long as James Franklin stays healthy and Pinkel keeps his word, Green-Beckham is too good not to see his stats spike in 2013.

Jul 16 - 3:04 PM

Source: Mark Schlabach on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham hauled in four catches for 83 yards against Murray State.
This included a long completion of 44 yards. Green-Beckham is coming off of a disappointing freshman year after making national headlines at the top high school recruit in the country. He's had a few bumps in the road off the field, but he's a lethal vertical threat that is expanding his game.

If this kid keeps his off the field BS to a minimum he has such a bright future. One of the most exciting prospects in a long time

I know he's coming up in some of the Dynasty threads, but he looked pretty darned good today.

Hope he keeps this up!

If this game was any indication, it appears he's learning to use that big body and big ability to go up and get the ball finally.

Who would you guys value more in dynasty at the moment, DGB or Sammy Watkins.
Not that high on either of them at the moment, though I haven't spent much time watching them. Watkins had some insane stats. I don't know if there's anything to his game other than speed though. Maybe. He certainly warrants consideration.
DGB no question, the kid is the next Megatron. Body like Calvin, hands like Hakeem.
If he's the next Megatron, his hands should be like Calvin too.

Rotoworld:

Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham snatched seven passes for 100 yards and four touchdowns in Saturday's 48-17 romp over Kentucky.
Green-Beckham has the catch radius of the Bermuda Triangle. The No. 1 rated recruit in 2012 and the all-time national high school receiving leader is a lethal vertical threat who NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah recently called a "freak show in the red zone." Green-Beckham possesses elite size -- 6-foot-6, 220 pounds -- and athleticism, and will garner plenty of buzz from the pros next season, after which he'll be eligible for the 2015 NFL Draft.

Already being dubbed 'the next Calvin Johnson' and from the tape I've seen I believe it.
How many hundreds of 'the next Calvin Johnson' players have there been in the high-school ranks in the last 5 years? For every one that actually turns into Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson, there are probably 200 who get that hype before they even enter College. Countless things can and will happen to de-rail these guys...College itself, injuries, the next level of competition. It's almost like me buying a lottery ticket and calling myself 'the next lottery winner'

Mizzou is entering the SEC, they are not a traditional high powered offense, they don't have a high profile QB .... DHB has chosen a very hard pathHope his choice works for him, Arkansas could have given him the world (and a few other schools that cater to offense and QB/WR development)Good luck DHB - you're going to need it
Nice job

Rotoworld:

The light is coming on for Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham, according to Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl.

Dorial Green-Beckham is "playing (with a) much higher sense of urgency. Freakish size, speed and athleticism combo," according to Weidl. The former No. 1 recruit in the nation had some missteps during his freshman season, but he and the rest of the Tigers' receivers have emerged this season.

Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Already being dubbed 'the next Calvin Johnson' and from the tape I've seen I believe it.
How many hundreds of 'the next Calvin Johnson' players have there been in the high-school ranks in the last 5 years? For every one that actually turns into Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson, there are probably 200 who get that hype before they even enter College. Countless things can and will happen to de-rail these guys...College itself, injuries, the next level of competition. It's almost like me buying a lottery ticket and calling myself 'the next lottery winner'
No doubt many things can and do happen along the way, but talent-wise there's very few like him. Mike Evans is a being predicted by some as a top 10 pick and he'll likely test a tenth of a second slower than DGB.

Just a matter of time before we start seeing threads on Middle School players on here....

Mizzou is entering the SEC, they are not a traditional high powered offense, they don't have a high profile QB .... DHB has chosen a very hard pathHope his choice works for him, Arkansas could have given him the world (and a few other schools that cater to offense and QB/WR development)Good luck DHB - you're going to need it
Ha

I'm interested to see how DGB plays next year. When he stepped in for Franklin, Mauk seemed a bit more willing to just throw it up and let him get it (granted, his big game with Mauk was against Kentucky).

ConnSKINS26 said:
ItsOnlytheRiver said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
How good has he actually looked this season? Is he finally living up to the hype?
He looks really good. Uses his size to his advantage.
I know he's a size/speed freak but he always seemed kind of ungainly and not super agile for his size, is that the case still or does he look like the freak, athletically, that his height and straight-line speed suggest?
He's looked a lot like Brandon Coleman. I don't see the suddenness in either's game.

ConnSKINS26 said:
ItsOnlytheRiver said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
How good has he actually looked this season? Is he finally living up to the hype?
He looks really good. Uses his size to his advantage.
I know he's a size/speed freak but he always seemed kind of ungainly and not super agile for his size, is that the case still or does he look like the freak, athletically, that his height and straight-line speed suggest
He's looked a lot like Brandon Coleman. I don't see the suddenness in either's game.
That's what I was afraid of.

Freak is an overused term these days. If this guy were really a freak you'd think he'd be making a bigger impact by now. He may be tall and relatively fast, but I've not seen anything here that wowed me and I've watched most of his big catches and TDs this year. He has improved this season. To the point where he actually looks like a potential NFL draft pick. There's still a long way to go before we talk about him as a 1st round pick though. He is still coasting on his reputation more than his results. He has yet to really impose his will at the NCAA level.

Rotoworld take:

Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham caught six passes for 144 yards and two touchdowns in the school's 59-42 loss to Auburn.
It is difficult to put in to words how much Green-Beckham has improved this season. Obviously he has talent as a former No. 1 overall recruit, but Green-Beckham's consistency and game has improved each week. He is going to be highly sought after next season.

Rotoworld:

Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham was arrested early Saturday morning in his hometown of Springfield, Mo. on suspicion of drug activity.
"Green-Beckham was cited for alleged felony distribution or delivering less than five grams of marijuana, but was later released," per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Missouri's student newspaper spoke with a Greene County jail representative who stated the release likely means the receiver was not involved in what police thought he was. This is Green-Beckham's second run-in with police that involved drug activity.

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Rotoworld:

Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham was released from jail after a drug arrest.

Green-Beckham was arrested early Saturday morning in his hometown of Springfield, Mo. on suspicion of drug activity. "We feel very confident that the investigation will result in no charges against Dorial," John Beckham, Dorial's father, said in a text to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "Dorial very much regrets being in this situation and our family looks forward to this being resolved." The 6-foot-6, 225-pound Green-Beckham was charged in October 2012 with marijuana possession. NFL evaluators will be sure to ask the former No. 1 recruit in the nation about both incidents in the future.

Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld:

The pound of marijuana police seized on Jan. 10 did not belong to Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham, according to the two men he was arrested with.
The January incident marked Green-Beckham's second marijuana-related arrest in about 15 months. Green-Beckham told police that he smelled marijuana in the vehicle when he entered but did not smoke it. The driver of the car, John McDaniel, told the arresting officer that he, Patrick Prouty, another passenger, and Green-Beckham had all just smoked a blunt. DGB's 2012 marijuana charges were dismissed and it doesn't seem likely that anything will stick here either. The 6-foot-6, 225-pounder, the former No. 1 recruit in the nation, will be analyzed closely by NFL teams next season.

Source: USA Today

Where are we at on this guy in devy leagues? At first glance, it's easy to say that the ceiling is enticing, but is it? He's always been kinda overhyped, and other than catching redzone jump balls over 5'10" DB's, I haven't seen a lot of "wow" plays from him. He doesn't move as well before or after the catch as I'd want to see from the next freak WR talent. I don't really see the elite WR potential others keep touting in devy rankings and drafts, he just seems like a tall fast guy with a name we happen to have been hit over the head with for years now.

Where are we at on this guy in devy leagues? At first glance, it's easy to say that the ceiling is enticing, but is it? He's always been kinda overhyped, and other than catching redzone jump balls over 5'10" DB's, I haven't seen a lot of "wow" plays from him. He doesn't move as well before or after the catch as I'd want to see from the next freak WR talent. I don't really see the elite WR potential others keep touting in devy rankings and drafts, he just seems like a tall fast guy with a name we happen to have been hit over the head with for years now.
Absolutely. Tall fast guy with ho-hum power and agility. Coasting on his name brand recognition. Achievements on the field thus far don't match his reputation. There's a pretty decent argument that he wasn't even the best WR on Mizzou last season, so the notion that he's potentially the top WR in the 2015 draft seems like a big stretch. Guy is going very, very high in devy mocks. Especially when you factor in his off-field stuff.

Is there some talent there? Yea, he will play in the NFL. Right now he seems like sort of a glorified version of the 2013 offseason Brandon Coleman though. May be closer to a middle round talent than a first round pick. I'm passing all day at his ADP.

Users who are viewing this thread