What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dr Palmer - Lion Hunter - NOW A POLE! (1 Viewer)

Jail Time For This Guy Here?

• Total voters
$54600 to shoot the lion.Why didnt I become a dentist. Holy #### he has that much disposable money
I'd never do a hunt like this (or any hunt involving mammels) but the countries do benefit significantly from the fees generated.
It's interesting to note that in general, the countries that allow sport hunting are better able to sustain a healthy population of the species than the countries that don't.That said, I can't bring myself to kill anything I'm not going to eat. Except spiders. I hate spiders.
There is a big difference between legally licensed sport hunting and what this guy did.
No kidding.

$54600 to shoot the lion.Why didnt I become a dentist. Holy #### he has that much disposable money
I'd never do a hunt like this (or any hunt involving mammels) but the countries do benefit significantly from the fees generated.
It's interesting to note that in general, the countries that allow sport hunting are better able to sustain a healthy population of the species than the countries that don't.That said, I can't bring myself to kill anything I'm not going to eat. Except spiders. I hate spiders.
There is a big difference between legally licensed sport hunting and what this guy did.
What's the difference? Sounds like the general modus operandi is to throw some meat into a tree and wait for something you want to shoot to come along.

Clash of Clans takes more skill. These guys (and gals) aren't going out with a knife in their teeth. Some poor schlub who makes a buck a week drives the animal towards the waiting hunter if the bear/lion/tiger isn't particularly hungry that day.

The Minnesota Board of Dentistry referenced his conviction for the Wisconsin bear hunt, as well as sexual harassment claims, in 2009 while punishing him for unprofessional conduct.

According to a corrective action agreement he reached with the board, Palmer's insurer paid $127,500 to a former employee and patient who accused him of ongoing sexual harassment. The woman claimed he made unwelcome comments about and physical contact with her breasts, buttocks and genitals.

Palmer denied the harassment allegations and said he agreed to the settlement to "conclude the matter quickly and efficiently," according to the agreement. He was required to pass a jurisprudence exam and complete an ethics course.
the most dangerous prey of all

His dental practice has been tweeting requests for positive yelp reviews and forgiveness. And unbelievably they are using pictures from The Lion King. Just lots of dumb all around.
I'm gonna go way out on a limb and guess that isn't actually their twitter account.
River Bluff Dental@RiverBlufDental 24m

24 minutes ago
We'd be lion if we said we weren't a little bummed by all the negative tweets coming our way. #RBDSmile

His dental practice has been tweeting requests for positive yelp reviews and forgiveness. And unbelievably they are using pictures from The Lion King. Just lots of dumb all around.
I'm gonna go way out on a limb and guess that isn't actually their twitter account.
River Bluff Dental@RiverBlufDental 24m

24 minutes ago

We'd be lion if we said we weren't a little bummed by all the negative tweets coming our way. #RBDSmile
:lol:

What's the difference? Sounds like the general modus operandi is to throw some meat into a tree and wait for something you want to shoot to come along.

Clash of Clans takes more skill. These guys (and gals) aren't going out with a knife in their teeth. Some poor schlub who makes a buck a week drives the animal towards the waiting hunter if the bear/lion/tiger isn't particularly hungry that day.
I'm not talking about any skill involved. I'm specifically referring to sustainability of the wildlife.

#### this guy and #### anyone who goes to Africa to kill these animals. Should be convicted in a similar manner to going to other countries to have sex with kids. Hopefully, next time, the black bear has a friend that mauls him.

So, if he took the head of the lion, how did it leave the country? Where is it now?

What part of the rhino is "trophy"? Do you cut the head off of the rhino as well or just the horn? Take pictures of these animals then let them rot? I don't get it. Doesn't seem all that difficult to "hunt" these animals with high powered weapons and jeeps. Pretty childish actually.

So, if he took the head of the lion, how did it leave the country? Where is it now?

What part of the rhino is "trophy"? Do you cut the head off of the rhino as well or just the horn? Take pictures of these animals then let them rot? I don't get it. Doesn't seem all that difficult to "hunt" these animals with high powered weapons and jeeps. Pretty childish actually.
If you'e really interested, read some of the Peter Capstick collection of safari books. You'll find there is a wide range of hunters and styles of hunting. Some of it will upset you like this guy does. Some of it will blow your mind. The gist of it is that there have been some hunters that were tough and courageous beyond belief. There are also a lot of clowns who cut corners trying to earn the same reputation. And you're right, it's pretty childish.

Someone should lure him out of his house with a rotting tooth and shoot him with a crossbow
Nice

The General said:
Pretty much everyone thinks this guy is a world class #######, right?
I haven't seen one person, on any sort of social media, defend this guy in any way.

A friend of mine posted it on FB and another old friend of mine who is a HUGE hunter commented on what a complete scumbag the dentist is.

Flying V said:
Mario Kart said:

If you'e really interested, read some of the Peter Capstick collection of safari books. You'll find there is a wide range of hunters and styles of hunting. Some of it will upset you like this guy does. Some of it will blow your mind. The gist of it is that there have been some hunters that were tough and courageous beyond belief. There are also a lot of clowns who cut corners trying to earn the same reputation. And you're right, it's pretty childish.
How can one of these hunters be "courageous"?

This is only an huge deal because the lion had a name. I'm not defending the hunter at all but the internet would not be going crazy if it was an unnamed lion. If there was a way to name every animal, there would be no more hunters. "Look, I shot some bear last night with a bow and arrow." "That's not some bear, that's Dwayne Ledbetter!"

This is only an huge deal because the lion had a name. I'm not defending the hunter at all but the internet would not be going crazy if it was an unnamed lion. If there was a way to name every animal, there would be no more hunters. "Look, I shot some bear last night with a bow and arrow." "That's not some bear, that's Dwayne Ledbetter!"
You could have 5,000 years to try and could not come up with a better name for that bear.

:lmao:

BillyBarooo said:
sometimes all it takes is a symbol, appropriate timing, and an audience to shed light on a topic that is otherwise perpetuated in the shadows without common knowledge. A topic that may be of relative importance to a society, or impactful in ways that cannot yet be seen

So your statement is akin a bystander on Hiroshima saying in August of 1945 "this is only a big deal because the world has a way to transmit the knowledge of what has occurred here in an accurate and rapid manner".
By big deal I meant the internet reaction not the actual killing.

What bothered me more than even the killing was the beheading. Totally disgusting and disrespectful to an animal like that. That blew me away.

What an original idea. Where do you come up with this stuff?

What an original idea. Where do you come up with this stuff?
It just popped in there when I saw all the #CecilTheLion on twitter. Sorry

Palmer pleaded guilty to federal charges in 2008 related to the poaching of a black bear in Wisconsin two years earlier. Palmer and others transported the bear, which was killed 40 miles outside of a legal hunting zone, to a registration station inside the legal area. Palmer was sentenced to one year of probation and fined nearly $3,000.

Palmer is listed as a member of the trophy hunting organization Safari Club International. His profile on SCI’s website lists 43 kills, including caribou, moose, deer, buffalo, a polar bear and mountain lion.

Mario Kart said:
#### this guy and #### anyone who goes to Africa to kill these animals. Should be convicted in a similar manner to going to other countries to have sex with kids. Hopefully, next time, the black bear has a friend that mauls him.
Yeah, we get it, you're more outraged than the next guy but don't be stupid.

Palmer pleaded guilty to federal charges in 2008 related to the poaching of a black bear in Wisconsin two years earlier. Palmer and others transported the bear, which was killed 40 miles outside of a legal hunting zone, to a registration station inside the legal area. Palmer was sentenced to one year of probation and fined nearly $3,000.

Palmer is listed as a member of the trophy hunting organization Safari Club International. His profile on SCIs website lists 43 kills, including caribou, moose, deer, buffalo, a polar bear and mountain lion.
You can hunt polar bears?

Donkey Derp said:
"The saddest part of all this is that now that Cecil is dead, the next lion in the hierarchy, Jericho, will most likely kill all Cecil's cubs," Rodrigues said.

Basically the POS killed seven lions.
I never cease to be amazed by animal cultures. Everything from fruit flies to lions are so freaking awesome.

So why aren't more people upset when Fred the Cow ends up in the slaughterhouse?

Or that 99% of all species that ever existed are extinct - the loss of a lion surely can't be that significant....

So why aren't more people upset when Fred the Cow ends up in the slaughterhouse?

Or that 99% of all species that ever existed are extinct - the loss of a lion surely can't be that significant....
Because Fred the cow was used for food. This killing was done for no reason other than to kill. Now Im not as upset as some who are calling for the death of the guy, but what he did was wrong, plain and simple.

Because we eat Fred the cow and use his skin to make clothing. Killing an animal for resources is part of life, part of the food chain.

So they lured the lion out of the protected area by dragging a dead animal behind the jeep, at night... and then shined a spot light on the lion and shot him with an arrow. It didn't kill the lion so they tracked him until they caught up with him then shot him. He cut his head off, skinned him, took the tracking collar off the lion and tried to destroy it.. then left the carcass to rot. Geez, what a scumbag.

What's the deal with shooting the lion with the crossbow at first? Just killing him outright with a rifle wasn't fun enough?

Users who are viewing this thread