What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Day "regerts" (1 Viewer)

Absolutely lost my wits last night during a 12 team PPR redraft league. I mean I mocked and planned for the draft for a week, and ended up doing the EXACT opposite of what I had planned. And I had no alcohol or drugs in me. Started off fine, took Jefferson at 1.4, feel great about that. Then I took Andrews at 2.9. and Allen at 3.4. I NEVER take a QB or TE early. EVER. I took both. :wall: Ended up with Pierce as my #1 RB and Gibson as my #2 RB. :bag:

Took me awhile to move from Keenan to Josh.

After getting Rodgers and missing by one pick Brady in the 9th and getting Cousins and Carr in the 10th, there's no way I would touch a QB early. Really liked how those teams ended up. For example, I will sitting Dobbins or Godwin on a weekly basis to join Lockett and Patterson on the bench in a 1/1/2/1/2 flex league.

Draft went

1 Diggs
2 Chubb (traded back)
3 Suttom
4 Thomas
5a Dobbins
5b Godwon
7 Hockerson
9a Lockett
9b Rodgers
10a Patterson
10b Cook

I had the 10th pick and really loved my first 3 picks. (12 team non PPR) I was locked into taking Pitts in the 4th and he went the pick before me. I basically blacked out, because I don’t remember much other than the yahoo timer/buzzer screaming at me that I had 10 seconds to pick. And then I slammed on the button because I had the available players filtered by WR and there he was.

I drafted Jeudy in the 4th.

I liked Sutton more than Jeudy and he was available. I liked a lot of guys more who were available.

Regerts.
@Deamon I’m just chiming back in here because you consoled me in my Jeudy pick.

It bothered me so much I tried to figure out launching some preseason trades.

I ended up trading Jeudy and Kenneth Walker to the Penny owner for Allen Robinson.

I was a bit surprised he went for it. I believe I upgraded immensely at WR2 and have the monkey of my back of my regerts pick.

I like Ken Walker long term, but starting the season with a gimpy hernia and having the 32nd ranked rushing line can now be someone else’s problem.

Long story short. Now Jeudy truly will become the WR1 becuase I got rid of him.
love it.

Regrets:

1. Not taking Hopkins and Gallup a bit more. I feel pretty confident in my teams having good records by the time they come back, and they're always buried on the Draft Dominator and I always forget about them until someone takes them.

2. Not doing enough research on "Is getting shot in the a$$ a big deal" and drafting Gibson too high the night after the news came out that Robinson was shot.

3. I took a Defense in the 3rd to last round instead of 2nd to last round. My deep cut RB's all went right before me and the sound of the timer had me shook.

4. Tried a HERO RB strategy (I loved the idea of it) and absolutely hate my team.

regret using a yellow highlighter in lowlight setting and missing that Dameon Pierce was available while drafting Pollard.
If you are in a PPR league I think you will not regret this. Obviously the Cowboys have a much better offense and they are thin at WR so I wouldn't be surprised if you see the TE & RBs receive a ton more targets. I don't know if you saw the news that they expect to use Pollard out of the slot as well which should make him more involved with the offense. In 1 league I went 0 RBs for the first time and ended up with both of these guys.

hope so but wanted a number 1 back. At best my RB's are all close to 50/50 splits.... A Jones, Pollard, Edmonds, AJ Dillon and Gordon.

12th pick in a 12 teamer, so fully prepared to go Hero RB if it falls that way. Scoring is boosted in this league:
6 pt all TDs. 1 PPR. 1 pt = 5 yd rush/rec. 1 pt = 10 yd passing. 1 pt per completion, -0.5 per incompletion.
The top 2-3 tiers of QBs ALWAYS go early, dried up by the end of the 4th usually, as QBs can score upwards of 70-80 pts per week and regularly score 50+. And there's one guy in the league who ALWAYS takes two (and once took three) QBs in the first 5 rounds as trade bait. He's at the 1.01 this year so opposite end from me.

Went with Najee/Adams to start, feeling good. By the time it gets to me at the 3/4 turn, there's 7 QBs gone - Allen Mahomes Brady Burrow Herbert Hurts Rodgers (Allen and ARod to same guy mentioned above). So that has let Pitts slide to me at 3.12, yay. But now I'm kinda panicking - I'm on the end so can't mitigate any runs at all, 7 QBs gone already, surely the next tier is gonna be dried up by the time it gets to me at 4/5, last year I waited too long and got stuck with Tannehill so can't let that happen again, let me double-check who's left and I realize Lamar is still sitting there. Timer's ticking down and nobody in my queue yet so I take Lamar, rationalizing that "at least I'm getting Lamar as the 8th QB off the board and I can make up extra value later since everybody is going early QB".

And then of course, Russ Wilson is the one and only QB taken the entire 4th/5th round so it gets back to me and Kyler is sitting there laughing at the WR that I didn't take at 4.01.

Big ragrets.

I had the 10th pick and really loved my first 3 picks. (12 team non PPR) I was locked into taking Pitts in the 4th and he went the pick before me. I basically blacked out, because I don’t remember much other than the yahoo timer/buzzer screaming at me that I had 10 seconds to pick. And then I slammed on the button because I had the available players filtered by WR and there he was.

I liked Sutton more than Jeudy and he was available. I liked a lot of guys more who were available.

Regerts.

I ended up trading Jeudy and Kenneth Walker to the Penny owner for Allen Robinson.

I was a bit surprised he went for it. I believe I upgraded immensely at WR2 and have the monkey of my back of my regerts pick.

I like Ken Walker long term, but starting the season with a gimpy hernia and having the 32nd ranked rushing line can now be someone else’s problem.

I like that trade. But yeah, if after all this Jeudy blows up you will have mega-regerts
Regerts squared.
Exponential Regerts.

12th pick in a 12 teamer, so fully prepared to go Hero RB if it falls that way. Scoring is boosted in this league:
6 pt all TDs. 1 PPR. 1 pt = 5 yd rush/rec. 1 pt = 10 yd passing. 1 pt per completion, -0.5 per incompletion.
The top 2-3 tiers of QBs ALWAYS go early, dried up by the end of the 4th usually, as QBs can score upwards of 70-80 pts per week and regularly score 50+. And there's one guy in the league who ALWAYS takes two (and once took three) QBs in the first 5 rounds as trade bait. He's at the 1.01 this year so opposite end from me.

Went with Najee/Adams to start, feeling good. By the time it gets to me at the 3/4 turn, there's 7 QBs gone - Allen Mahomes Brady Burrow Herbert Hurts Rodgers (Allen and ARod to same guy mentioned above). So that has let Pitts slide to me at 3.12, yay. But now I'm kinda panicking - I'm on the end so can't mitigate any runs at all, 7 QBs gone already, surely the next tier is gonna be dried up by the time it gets to me at 4/5, last year I waited too long and got stuck with Tannehill so can't let that happen again, let me double-check who's left and I realize Lamar is still sitting there. Timer's ticking down and nobody in my queue yet so I take Lamar, rationalizing that "at least I'm getting Lamar as the 8th QB off the board and I can make up extra value later since everybody is going early QB".

And then of course, Russ Wilson is the one and only QB taken the entire 4th/5th round so it gets back to me and Kyler is sitting there laughing at the WR that I didn't take at 4.01.

Big ragrets.
Somewhat similar, historically QB's go early in my main redraft so I was elated to see Herbert on the board in the mid-4th and took him thinking that might kick off a QB run. Wanted one of DJ Moore, Higgins, or Diontae and of course none made it back to me for my next pick. No other QB's got drafted until the start of the 6th round with a big run then. Ended up with Sutton, Bateman, Aiyuk and Hopkins as my WR's, lots of potential but mostly unproven.

My draft went decently I suppose. My WR's could be a bit stronger, but I elected to take Mark Andrews in the 2nd round instead of a WR so that left me with a 3rd round pick with my 1st WR which was Michael Pittman Jr. I don't really think my first 3 WR's are terrible in Pittman Jr, A. Cooper, and Renfrow. The only one that has to go is AJ Green which I picked up late just to have someone. Looking at the WW though there were better options for me to choose. So that is really my only regert at least at this time.

My draft went decently I suppose. My WR's could be a bit stronger, but I elected to take Mark Andrews in the 2nd round instead of a WR so that left me with a 3rd round pick with my 1st WR which was Michael Pittman Jr. I don't really think my first 3 WR's are terrible in Pittman Jr, A. Cooper, and Renfrow. The only one that has to go is AJ Green which I picked up late just to have someone. Looking at the WW though there were better options for me to choose. So that is really my only regert at least at this time.

Very similar to mine. In a 3yr Keeper league, so was able to "reach" a little... but took Mark Andrews at 2.09 & then J. Allen at 3.04. Missed out on some WR's only to see Waller fall to the 5th.

Ended up with a WR Corp of:
  • Waddle (keeper)
  • Amon-Ra St. Brown (keeper)
  • Godwin
  • Cooper
  • Woods
  • Pickens
  • McKenzie

Not feeling all that confident with those....

Very similar to mine. In a 3yr Keeper league, so was able to "reach" a little... but took Mark Andrews at 2.09 & then J. Allen at 3.04. Missed out on some WR's only to see Waller fall to the 5th.

Ended up with a WR Corp of:
  • Waddle (keeper)
  • Amon-Ra St. Brown (keeper)
  • Godwin
  • Cooper
  • Woods
  • Pickens
  • McKenzie

Not feeling all that confident with those....
I think with the amount of receivers you have you can use them week to week with good match ups. Cooper should get a lot of targets. Godwin is a good receiver. Waddle & Amon-Ra Sr. Brown could emerge as quality receivers.

Regerts.

I like that trade. But yeah, if after all this Jeudy blows up you will have mega-regerts
Regerts squared.
Exponential Regerts.
Just chiming in to let everyone know my team would have won by 3 points if I’d not traded and started Jeudy instead of A Rob.

Feels good to be back in full fantasy heartbreak.

Regerts.

Regerts squared.
Exponential Regerts.
Just chiming in to let everyone know my team would have won by 3 points if I’d not traded and started Jeudy instead of A Rob.

Feels good to be back in full fantasy heartbreak.
Ah damn, I forgot you traded him.
I think it could still work out for you though. I'm expecting a good Arob game.

Users who are viewing this thread