What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DRAFT] FBG Pollling Mock (1 Viewer)

Who do you THINK they will draft?

• Matt Leinart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Williams

• D'Brickashaw Ferguson

• Vince Young

• AJ Hawk

• Vernon Davis

• Michael Huff

• Total voters

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
1.01 Texans Reggie Bush 80%

1.02 Saints taking votes

A lot of controversy here. I wish I could add "trade down" but that would complicate matters.

Leinart is still an option despite Brees.

There's been rumors they prefer Young.

D'Brick makes sense - bookend tackles.

Mario makes more sense than most think. Thier supposedly solid DEs didn't get many sacks last year, and they don't sound too pleased with Grant.

Perhaps no player could help them more immediately than Hawk.

Vernon Davis is a freak who could jump this high.

Huff is least likely, but the best DB in the draft could always be an option.

I'll let the morning crowd have at this one, so be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos, no trade down, I cant see them suckering either the Titans or Jets into giving anything to move up, They need hawk but he's a bit of a reach here, unless they can get the Pack to move up for Super Mario, which is Possible, but I hear they do want DBrick.

chaos, no trade down, I cant see them suckering either the Titans or Jets into giving anything to move up, They need hawk but he's a bit of a reach here, unless they can get the Pack to move up for Super Mario, which is Possible, but I hear they do want DBrick.
They were 31st in sacks last year. I think a fantasy crowd full of IDPers has overvalued the DEs in New Orleans. According to Mort, Mario has significantly higher grades across the front offices he spoke to than D'Brick.

I think the moves they have mad make DaBrick more likely. I think they feel that by throwing everyones name out there they can try to get someone to jump up to there spot. If they get a decent offer they trade down or esle go with Brick.

hey will take Ferguson.. only they will trade down with the Jets to do so. Much like NYG, they will go after the palyer they really want and not leave it up to chance. NO needs the day one picks and NYJ has the day one picks to spare. Perfect marriage.

I read that too but as of now inexperienced jamaal brown is their best OT... do you Risk Brees health after signing him to that Contract.... one year or no it makes little sense...

its all spin and Smoke screening Chaos.

Jurb the Jets have too many holes to trade up and waste any picks. it helps the Saints more than the Jets, Remember Mangini is a Bellichek Disciple so hes more likely to trade down as up.

Again. A rare talent at DE is available to the team who was second to last in the NFL in sacks. Y'all may like Grant and Smith, but they ain't getting it done and they both have nagging injury problems. I voted for Mario confidently, and I think they move one of the DEs for value.

Jamaal Brown looks like a stud to me. A certain upgrade to Gandy. They lost a nice DE in Howard too.

Most importantly here is the perceived difference in Mario and D'Brick. Mario is off the charts athletically. D'Brick is similar to Jamaal Brown. I do believe Mario has a much higher grade.

I agree with jetsman. The Jets are not trading down. They'll call NO's bluff and make them pick.

Again. A rare talent at DE is available to the team who was second to last in the NFL in sacks. Y'all may like Grant and Smith, but they ain't getting it done and they both have nagging injury problems. I voted for Mario confidently, and I think they move one of the DEs for value.

Jamaal Brown looks like a stud to me. A certain upgrade to Gandy. They lost a nice DE in Howard too.

Most importantly here is the perceived difference in Mario and D'Brick. Mario is off the charts athletically. D'Brick is similar to Jamaal Brown. I do believe Mario has a much higher grade.

I agree with jetsman. The Jets are not trading down. They'll call NO's bluff and make them pick.
Everything I have heard and every source I have read says that Ferguson is a rare talent ant T, the most in demand position in all of football. Guys like him stand out for a reason. It's one of the most dificult positons to excel at and be dominante. Ferguson has the kind of abitly you build franchises around. Nothing I have heard anywhere states otherwise.

based on what I hear around Hofstra, where the Jets train and I graduated from I know the Jets wont trade up.... Its just a matter of if Mangini's guy slips to 4 and they think he will... unless someone convinces the Saints to go lower then 4

we've had as many views at number 2 as number 1, time to move on i think

Everything I have heard and every source I have read says that Ferguson is a rare talent ant T, the most in demand position in all of football. Guys like him stand out for a reason. It's one of the most dificult positons to excel at and be dominante. Ferguson has the kind of abitly you build franchises around. Nothing I have heard anywhere states otherwise.
I've heard and posted otherwise for months.I like D'Brick, but I think this praise is a little over the top. Not long ago I posted a link to a report saying several teams rate Justice higher than D'Brick. I personally agree with the minority on that one. You won't find that kind of talk about Mario.

Look at D'Brick's measureables. Look at past tackles like Jammal Brown. There isn't much difference. Other than Peppers find me a DE like Mario. You can't.

Look at Mario's measureables compared to D'Brick. He's a far superior speciman. Now consider Payton is a Parcells guy. What do they look for? Do they believe in taking OLs early in the draft? Nope. Not at all. Give them the freak athletes on defense, they'll get the line in shape later. There's no guarantee Payton plays it like Parcells, but I think they have similar philosophies. It would seem likely.

There's a reason why so many expert and insider mocks are tabbing Mario for the Saints. It's a very real possibility, and I think a better pick than Ferguson.

Rick Gosselin has a stellar record mocking the draft. He has D'Brick falling to the Bills at 8, and Mario going to the Jets at 4. Scott Wright has Mario to the Saints and D'Brick going to the Jets. These guys have great sources. Wright posted the most accurate mock on the net a couple years ago. Gosselin is an insider if there ever was one. FBG is a little too enamored with D'Brick here.

I hate democracies. :rant:

Vote for Mario. He's promised to lower ticket prices. Free parking for divisional home games.

I've heard and posted otherwise for months.I like D'Brick, but I think this praise is a little over the top. Not long ago I posted a link to a report saying several teams rate Justice higher than D'Brick. I personally agree with the minority on that one. You won't find that kind of talk about Mario.

Look at D'Brick's measureables. Look at past tackles like Jammal Brown. There isn't much difference. Other than Peppers find me a DE like Mario. You can't.

Look at Mario's measureables compared to D'Brick. He's a far superior speciman. Now consider Payton is a Parcells guy. What do they look for? Do they believe in taking OLs early in the draft? Nope. Not at all. Give them the freak athletes on defense, they'll get the line in shape later. There's no guarantee Payton plays it like Parcells, but I think they have similar philosophies. It would seem likely.

There's a reason why so many expert and insider mocks are tabbing Mario for the Saints. It's a very real possibility, and I think a better pick than Ferguson.

Rick Gosselin has a stellar record mocking the draft. He has D'Brick falling to the Bills at 8, and Mario going to the Jets at 4. Scott Wright has Mario to the Saints and D'Brick going to the Jets. These guys have great sources. Wright posted the most accurate mock on the net a couple years ago. Gosselin is an insider if there ever was one. FBG is a little too enamored with D'Brick here.

I hate democracies. :rant:

Vote for Mario. He's promised to lower ticket prices. Free parking for divisional home games.
Ahh yes, the everprestent workout hype. I bet there are still several GMs wondering why Williams wasn't so dominante the 1st half of the year. There are no such questions with Ferguson. He has been a dominant and consistent rock, from the 1st game of the year all through the workouts. It's also nice to note that the miss rate on guys like Ferguson is rather low.

I think your personal bias is showing here. if they want Mario theyll need to pay him as a number 2 and Jamaal was a RT not a LT and DBrick Grades out much higher than Brown did last year.... The saints are trying to trade down actively to pay less.... if Mario was their choice why not just draft him ? Mario is the Smokescreen thats why

campaign all you like but on Draft day Theyll either Pick Mario at #2 or they wont get him....at 2 to 1 it looks like DBrick here....unless you wanna campaign some more

Ahh yes, the everprestent workout hype. I bet there are still several GMs wondering why Williams wasn't so dominante the 1st half of the year. There are no such questions with Ferguson. He has been a dominant and consistent rock, from the 1st game of the year all through the workouts. It's also nice to note that the miss rate on guys like Ferguson is rather low.
Ferguson had three difficult games last year. Most notable was Va Tech. Tapp had two sacks and three pressures that resulted in QB knock downs. He dominated D'Brick for 4 quarters, nailing the QB five times. D'Brick's strength is pass blocking, but he admits he needs work with the explosive guys like Tapp. His run blocking technique is well behind Justice's. Sure the workouts tell us plenty, but the tape tells me Justice is the superior tackle, game tape. He has better pass technique. He is much stronger. He has a punch, D'Brick is working on. D'Brick has better feet in pass protection and a little more experience, but that's it. He's not as quick, strong, fast, or complete technically.

I think your personal bias is showing here. if they want Mario theyll need to pay him as a number 2 and Jamaal was a RT not a LT and DBrick Grades ut much higher than Brown Did
:yes: Brown wasn't even the best T in his class and to compare him to Ferguson is insulting and clearly shows bias IMO. Scouts Inc. graded Furguson as a 98 and Justice as a 95 IIRC.

I think your personal bias is showing here. if they want Mario theyll need to pay him as a number 2 and Jamaal was a RT not a LT and DBrick Grades out much higher than Brown did last year.... The saints are trying to trade down actively to pay less.... if Mario was their choice why not just draft him ?Mario is the Smokescreen thats why
Well sure my bias is showing. I think Mario is the better choice. So, I'm explaining, providing reasoning (sacks) and examples of support from the experts. I think the Saints are leaning that way. The experts in the draftnik community, on NFL Network and Espn are all leaning this way. Those that have the privilege of getting anonymous info are leaning that way. Smokescreen? Maybe, but I think that's just paranoia and discomfort with new information. Mario is a freak. The Saints were next to last in sacks. It makes sense. There's plenty of sweet tackles in this draft. There's only one dominant DE. The Payton Parcells connection. I don't think you all realize what a stud Jammal Brown is. I'm sure of that, btw. I think I make a good case. I'm going to lose the vote, but don't fault me for trying to help FBG get this right. :D

I think your personal bias is showing here. if they want Mario theyll need to pay him as a number 2 and Jamaal was a RT not a LT and DBrick Grades ut much higher than Brown Did
:yes: Brown wasn't even the best T in his class and to compare him to Ferguson is insulting and clearly shows bias IMO. Scouts Inc. graded Furguson as a 98 and Justice as a 95 IIRC.
After a year of play I think it's pretty clear Brown IS the best OT in his class. Grade schmade. Watch them play.

After a year of play I think it's pretty clear Brown IS the best OT in his class. Grade schmade. Watch them play.
I thought he was too, but Barron graded out higher and he was only a 95.I would also venture to say that we need to give these guys more than just one year to determin that too. Hell, both are still only playing RT as of now.

I thought he was too, but Barron graded out higher and he was only a 95.
Right. And a year or two from now it will be just as clear that Justice was the better choice in this draft. Sheesh, Barron looks like 3rd behind Khalif Barnes, imo.

I thought he was too, but Barron graded out higher and he was only a 95.
Right. And a year or two from now it will be just as clear that Justice was the better choice in this draft. Sheesh, Barron looks like 3rd behind Khalif Barnes, imo.
I highly doubt it. Ferguson is a far better prospect than any of the guys from last years draft IMO and in the opinion of many (if not all) scouts. Well shall see though.

ok by me I just wanted you to admit it,, Brown may wnd up real good but Brees is sure Praying he is, with Deuce gimpy too.. dont forget that... the O line has sucked since Roaf and Turley left.

ok by me I just wanted you to admit it...
Your bias is showing too. :D Can you admit it?
certainly I can, based on talent alone I go Mario, but based on the team and its needs, which factor in according to the pre determined assumption of this Mock, it's DBrick, and besides I am privy to something I cant verify just yet.

The Saints are also the reason why I haven't posted a mock. Yesterday the idea of Mario started making sense, but I thought it was crazy at first. Being an IDPer I love Grant and Smith at DE, but the stats don't lie and Payton is new and unimpressed with fantasy love.

A trading partner really makes the most sense. If Mario is that high on that many boards, then they could be putting up the smoke signals because Tennessee and New York will call their bluff on the QBs they covet. Just a thought. If they cannot find said trading partner, I still think Mario becomes a Saint. I am not certain. Which begs the question. Why are the smoke signals (if that's what they are) not naming D'Brick? I think the answer is they must know or at least believe Mario is more coveted.

Finally, don't let this thread mislead you on how I feel about D'Brick. I love this guy. From a fan's standpoint, he's my second favorite player in the draft (Mo Drew #1). D'Brick's interview was the best I heard. He is solid as a rock, and I think he is a great prospect worthy of the #1 pick if some team so desired. I would agree that he has a higher floor than Justice. I just think Justice has a higher ceiling (probably the highest ceiling since Munoz). So, my bias is based on perceived abilities not personal favoritism. D'Brick will be excellent. Like Jammal Brown. ;)

FWIW, someone from footballinjuries.com (didn't catch his name) was on ESPN Radio's All Night show and he said the Saints were leaning toward AJ Hawk.

:loco: Will the draft come already!? I'm tired of the posturing already. :loco:

I think Mario's the play here ... the Saints have already improved vastly on the O side of things with the addition of Brees the departure of Brooks and a new coaching staff ... a game changer at DE makes sense to me

Mario Williams is a beast. He will have as much of, if not more of an impact than Shawn Merriman did last season. Hard to pass up on that.

I only wonder if New Orleans is worried about the health of Drew Brees' shoulder. It would suck to pass on a guy like Lienart and end up with the next Chad Pennington.....

I think Mario's the play here ... the Saints have already improved vastly on the O side of things with the addition a new coaching staff
That alone will add 4-5 wins per year! Haslett had no business being the coach the last two years.....maybe ever.

My vote was between Brick and Mario. While Mario may be the next Peppers, I think the Saints could use to build some long term foundation on the OL ... somewhat of a cant miss prospect here.

I think the Saints should trade away next year's pick and a player to get the #3 pick as well so they can take Mario and D'Brick.

:unsure:

How messed up would it be if the Saints took a QB here? That'd be the second time in three years a team took a QB top 5 while Brees was on the roster and the starter.

I don't think there's really a wrong answer for the Saints here. Mario or D'Brick should help their team tremendously.

Users who are viewing this thread