What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Kings Week 7 (1 Viewer)

High cut lines this week I'm currently just above break even. But I still have S Smith in about 25% of my lineups, Palmer in about 50%, Floyd in 25%, and Fitzgerald in close to 100%. So hopefully they push me up to a decent win on the week.
Similar here just under even for me. Have Palmer/Fitz/Cards D left to run.

Never followed it this closely, when will next weeks prices (including Monday night) be posted?

Last edited by a moderator:
High cut lines this week I'm currently just above break even. But I still have S Smith in about 25% of my lineups, Palmer in about 50%, Floyd in 25%, and Fitzgerald in close to 100%. So hopefully they push me up to a decent win on the week.
Similar here just under even for me. Have Palmer/Fitz/Cards D left to run.

Never followed it this closely, when will next weeks prices (including Monday night) be posted?
Not sure exactly when they are released but I know they will be out by tomorrow morning.

First time I've ever cracked 200. Might just be getting better at this since I've cashed more this year than last.

Rivers

Lynch

AP

Julio

Diggs

Moncrief

Ladarius

Miller

Dolphins D

jandyt said:
Just wanted to give you a quick thanks - made me think about spreading around what I do and have had a couple successful weeks in a row. Throwing in a 3x or two and a 5x, just doing $1 entries. Had two good lineups this week and looks like I might cash in all my entries - there is one larger double up I am 6 away from the cutoff with Fitz going and a 5x I am 2 away from the cutoff with Fitz still going. Looks like I might cash in 2 of my gpps and maybe one other (one I am sitting at 172pts with nobody left to go, but I think with Az playing tomorrow night enough people might catch me and bump me out). Makes this more fun if I can at least make a buck or two once in awhile.

Zyphros said:
First time I've ever cracked 200. Might just be getting better at this since I've cashed more this year than last.

Rivers

Lynch

AP

Julio

Diggs

Moncrief

Ladarius

Miller

Dolphins D

NICE! I also got over 200pts for the first time as well. Of course this had to be one of the few lineups I didn't put the Rams D into as well. Got to 206.6 with:

Brady

Foster

Duke Johnson

Decker

Diggs

Hilton

Gronk

L.Green

Redskins D

Ironically, this was my gpp that I thought was the worst. I am just a Pats fan, so until they stop scoring, I am just probably going to throw a $1 entry and have some sort of Patriot double or triple stack.

jandyt said:
Just wanted to give you a quick thanks - made me think about spreading around what I do and have had a couple successful weeks in a row. Throwing in a 3x or two and a 5x, just doing $1 entries. Had two good lineups this week and looks like I might cash in all my entries - there is one larger double up I am 6 away from the cutoff with Fitz going and a 5x I am 2 away from the cutoff with Fitz still going. Looks like I might cash in 2 of my gpps and maybe one other (one I am sitting at 172pts with nobody left to go, but I think with Az playing tomorrow night enough people might catch me and bump me out). Makes this more fun if I can at least make a buck or two once in awhile.
Good to hear your having success the last few weeks it does make it a lot more fun when your winning.

I might actually make money on GPP this week, first time since week 2. Cash games has been great for me this year but I suck at GPP which is why only about 5% of my play is true GPP.

Big game tonight. Have a lot of Palmer, Fitz, Floyd, and Smith action. If some of them have good games, should have a monster week.

Winston/Evans stack worked out pretty well for me in a bunch of GPPs. Went with 100% exposure to Gurley/Rams D. Woods and Washington were my two cheap plays I put in a ton of lineups. The key for me most weeks in GPPs is identifying a core group of players I'll have in most every lineup, finding the cheap WR options with upside, and rotating them through a few different stacks.

Friendly reminder to take advantage of the late swap on Draft Kings. If you're just outside of cashing in some contests, whether it's a H2H or 50/50, look at the rosters just ahead of you. You can guess at who the other entries have rostered based on remaining salary and pivot to another option.

For example, I trail by a few points in a couple of my H2Hs with only Palmer remaining. Based on salaries, I've guessed my opponents also have only Palmer, so I've changed to Flacco in those contests. I still like Palmer better tonight, but I have a 0% chance of winning if we both have him.

I'm sure a lot of you already know this, but hope it helps some people!

Friendly reminder to take advantage of the late swap on Draft Kings. If you're just outside of cashing in some contests, whether it's a H2H or 50/50, look at the rosters just ahead of you. You can guess at who the other entries have rostered based on remaining salary and pivot to another option.

For example, I trail by a few points in a couple of my H2Hs with only Palmer remaining. Based on salaries, I've guessed my opponents also have only Palmer, so I've changed to Flacco in those contests. I still like Palmer better tonight, but I have a 0% chance of winning if we both have him.

I'm sure a lot of you already know this, but hope it helps some people!
Have a similar situation in H2H this week trailing by less than 10 with Palmer/Fitz left and almost sure my opponent has the same combo remaining. Switched Fitz for S Smith to give me a chance to win. Funny thing another H2H I lead by a few points with the same situation wonder if my opponent will switch players.

jandyt said:
Good to hear your having success the last few weeks it does make it a lot more fun when your winning.

I might actually make money on GPP this week, first time since week 2. Cash games has been great for me this year but I suck at GPP which is why only about 5% of my play is true GPP.
Just curious - what kind of lineups do you roll out for these/what is your process for picking them?

Formatting sucks but stick with me :)

Some interesting/frustrating notes from me this week:

My best lineup:

Pos Player FPTS QB Andrew Luck 29.02 lock RB Todd Gurley 35.3 lock RB Lamar Miller 41.6 lock WR Stefon Diggs 26.7 lock WR Julio Jones 24.2 lock WR Donte Moncrief 13.4 lock TE Jordan Reed 30.2 lock FLEX Arian Foster O 29.5 lock DST Rams 25 lock TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 254.92

1. I had 8 entries into the Milly Maker, this wasn't one of them. Would be sitting at 5k right now.

2. This is the only lineup I had WITHOUT Nate Washington.

3. This is the last lineup I made on Sunday morning after hearing/digesting all the news.

4. I entered 5 events with this lineup and placed 1st in them all, no tournaments though.

NAME
RANK
NFL GIANT $25 Double Up [$25,000 Guar...
1/1130
NFL 10x Booster [Top 5 Win $20] (Ear...
1/57
NFL 10x Booster [Top 5 Win $50] (Ear...
1/57
NFL $5 Quintuple Up [Top 10 Win $25] ...
1/56
NFL $25 Triple Up [Top 6 Win $75] (E...
1/20
Another BAD blunder I made - upon hearing that Dion Lewis was out. I decided to play BLount in a couple of lineups and limit my exposure to L Miller. In this lineup I took Miller out and inserted Blount. You can do the numbers:

Pos Player FPTS QB Andrew Luck 29.02 lock RB L. Blount -0.3 lock RB Todd Gurley 35.3 lock WR Stefon Diggs 26.7 lock WR Mike Evans 33.4 lock WR Julio Jones 24.2 lock TE Delanie Walker 12.5 lock FLEX T.Y. Hilton 34 lock DST Rams 25 lock TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 219.82 Overall, this was my best week yet. made 4X my investment.

Things I learned:

My Sunday morning lineups are consistently performing better than lineups made during the week.

I need a better tracking system of what lineup is used where.

Sitting at 139 with Palmer and Steve Smith in the large contest 50/50's

Wondering if 160 ish will cash?

Highest I've been in one big GPP I was in 2,800 place of 383k with Stevie Johnson dart and he didn't "hit" big to bring me into big money. I faded to like 8,000 place and will probably fall to like 10-15k and only get $6-8 bucks. Crazy how you can finish in 8,000 of 383k in a $3 pool and not win much.

KarmaPolice said:
jandyt said:

Just curious - what kind of lineups do you roll out for these/what is your process for picking them?
I start the same way I do with my cash lineups looking at the top plays based on my projections but then look at expected ownership which I ignore for cash games. While I don't just go with guys I believe will be low owned I do switch out some of my projected extremely high owned plays. This week I had Freeman in 100% of cash games but took him out of most GPPs. Unfortunately I also removed the SL DT from a number of GPPs while they were also 100% in cash lineups. Gurley I did end up 100% everywhere his value was just too good IMO to remove him from GPP even with high ownership expected.

Side note: I know a lot of people would not put anyone in 100% of cash lineups but I tend have pretty high risk tolerance if I am real high on a player which some weeks can be multiple guys and other weeks no one. This week I actually had 4 guys in all cash lineups which is unusually.

ROI 50% not bad but could been a lot better in Fitz had done better tonight. Kinda weird stats for me this won 50% of X5, 50% of X3, 75% of double and 50/50, but 30% of H2H.

Broke even, winnings were in 50/50's and 3 man leagues and one GPP (won $2 there). All my double ups back fired, was 3-5 positions away from cashing in those.

Have been playing the Beginner $1 games. Gonna bump up to the $2 50/50's this week nix the 3 man and double ups for the most part and maybe 1 GPP. Gonna try to generate a little better return. Fingers crossed.

Congrats to those that finished in the black tonight.

ROI 50% not bad but could been a lot better in Fitz had done better tonight. Kinda weird stats for me this won 50% of X5, 50% of X3, 75% of double and 50/50, but 30% of H2H.
Pretty much the same here. Got rocked in my H2Hs this week. Also missed cashing in a few X5s by a point with a Palmer, Fitz, Floyd roster. Ugh.Still a good week though, just could have been better. Wanted that game to go to overtime.

Walking Boot said:
165 can't even place in a large-field double-up. Sunday only, so 3 fewer games in the pool, so cut lines should be a smidge lower than normal.

I might be done with this.
I would guess 180-200 needed

Walking Boot said:
165 can't even place in a large-field double-up. Sunday only, so 3 fewer games in the pool, so cut lines should be a smidge lower than normal.

I saw several scores of 240+ leading the way in most GPPS and such.

165 is a good score, just got the #### end of the stick. Part of the game.

Missed my 5x by 2 spots. I am guessing I got passed by a S.Smith or J.Brown owners as Fitz didn't perform as expected tonight. Still ended up overall doubling up+ my $. I already have some ideas for week 8.

Walking Boot said:

One double up I was in the cut line was 177.24 Of course the guy at that level had 40 entries of the same roster. I definitely need to stick to the single entry ####. I had 171.4 and that was the only double up/50-50 I didn't cash in.

I can get highly ranked in quarter games but in 1,2,3,5 dollar games I'm way behind.

2nd,3rd, 6th, and 7th this week would have all paid nicely if only I had better luck

Walking Boot said:

It's a double-up, not a GPP. Cutoff ended around 170 on that slate, 175 for the Thu-Mon with the 3 extra games added in.

Chasing >3.6x return on salary to grind out a double-up is not enjoyable.
You thought 165 would pay I said 180, split the difference...you're close man. Don't stop

Broke even, winnings were in 50/50's and 3 man leagues and one GPP (won $2 there). All my double ups back fired, was 3-5 positions away from cashing in those.

Have been playing the Beginner $1 games. Gonna bump up to the $2 50/50's this week nix the 3 man and double ups for the most part and maybe 1 GPP. Gonna try to generate a little better return. Fingers crossed.

Congrats to those that finished in the black tonight.
I would stick to $1 games unless you play is well over $100 for the week. I ran 87 contests last week and will run 99 this week all at the dollar level. If you want to lower risk going to all 50/50 will do that. Personally I would want to have some X2, X3, X5 because it will pump up winnings if you have a good week but its all about risk aversion and I would never tell someone else how much risk they should take with their money.

Have Palmer in one of my lineups still going tonight. The better he does, the more ground I lose in these contests.

Edit: Had 4 cash lineups going. All in double-ups. Each finished between 150 and 170 points. Not a single cash. 0-fer on the week.

Went cake-walk positive the first two weeks of the year, just couldn't lose. Broke even on week 3, won big again on week 4, then down three weeks in a row.

I think I'm just going to take what's left of my winnings and walk. 170 points and not a single win, playing 1000-to-68000 player pool double-ups isn't what I'm in this for.
Sorry your not enjoying it and though I hate to see people give up on it, if your not enjoying it then its not worth doing unless your grinding out big profits. While I am looking to make money if it wasn't fun I would quit because I don't make enough money for the time I spend if I didn't enjoy it.

had my best week. Gurley/Miller backfield was huge. I did miss on some WR, the standard Fitz/Marshall/Hopkins wasn't very productive. Did best where I rolled out Evans and TY and Diggs

Walking Boot said:

It's a double-up, not a GPP. Cutoff ended around 170 on that slate, 175 for the Thu-Mon with the 3 extra games added in.

You thought 165 would pay I said 180, split the difference...you're close man. Don't stop
Nothing against those of you that continue to play :thumbup:

But if I can put up 170 and only finish 30% up the ladder against 50000 other people in a big-field double-up and not cash once in 40 contests this week, then this isn't the game for me. It's been three weeks in a row and maybe that's the sign. It's just not enjoyable. It's not like regular fantasy football for me, or like poker, when you can exploit your opponent's mistakes directly. This seems much more random, back in the poker days you just had to be at about 'break-even' in your play strategy to turn a little profit here and there. This seems like getting to that point requires more risk-taking in lineup creation than I want to do. There's no 'grinding' out solid safe lineups for reliable profit, to just cash in a double-up seems to require taking some outsized chances to get in that top half.

I've mixed up games, I've gone to single-entries, I've tried the run of the place. With more fish in the pool it was fun, maybe things dried up since the season started, but I'm not enjoying it like I was. I've got a little profit left and it might just be time to cash that out and take a win. I don't want to have to change my play-style to more gambling in my construction methods and risk having a profit turn to a loss in the process.
Still curious what players you had and what type of contests/$ amt you did where 170 didn't get you anything back this week. I was around that same point total and cashed in all but 2 of mine this week.

I do agree with you to a point though - seeing these 270pt+ lineups consistently in the gpps along with these 40 or 50 entries in one tournament for the same user really gives me pause and think about how much I want to do this.

Walking Boot said:

But if I can put up 170 and only finish 30% up the ladder against 50000 other people in a big-field double-up and not cash once in 40 contests this week, then this isn't the game for me. It's been three weeks in a row and maybe that's the sign. It's just not enjoyable. It's not like regular fantasy football for me, or like poker, when you can exploit your opponent's mistakes directly. This seems much more random, back in the poker days you just had to be at about 'break-even' in your play strategy to turn a little profit here and there. This seems like getting to that point requires more risk-taking in lineup creation than I want to do. There's no 'grinding' out solid safe lineups for reliable profit, to just cash in a double-up seems to require taking some outsized chances to get in that top half.

I've mixed up games, I've gone to single-entries, I've tried the run of the place. With more fish in the pool it was fun, maybe things dried up since the season started, but I'm not enjoying it like I was. I've got a little profit left and it might just be time to cash that out and take a win. I don't want to have to change my play-style to more gambling in my construction methods and risk having a profit turn to a loss in the process.
Still curious what players you had and what type of contests/$ amt you did where 170 didn't get you anything back this week. I was around that same point total and cashed in all but 2 of mine this week.

I do agree with you to a point though - seeing these 270pt+ lineups consistently in the gpps along with these 40 or 50 entries in one tournament for the same user really gives me pause and think about how much I want to do this.
This is part of my issue as well... it seems the only way to succeed consistently would be to "gamble" more, that is, make riskier picks in cash games and pray they hit, or, "gamble more", as in, make a wider variety of lineups and enter them into a vast array of contests at various multiplier levels, knowing that more than half will bust but hope that the ones that do succeed to so at so great a clip that they make up for the losses. The guys that I do see winning are doing both: making decisions I would not make and backing them with large amounts of cash.

The first is an increase in risk I'm not willing to make, and the second requires a bankroll and variance increase I'm not going to take on either.

I've kind of avoided posting my lineups on purpose, as I don't want to get into backwards thinking and results-oriented logic. Like in poker, if you call an even money bet that you'll hit a flush on the river (a 20% chance), but it hits and you win, that doesn't mean you made the "correct" decision even if it won. So I don't want to look at one player and then say to myself "It was dumb to pick so-and-so against the whomevers, I should have known the play script would be to run/pass/whatever more than was expected". If I'm going to do that, I might as well just gamble directly on the games themselves in Vegas and cut out the middleman, because it requires picking games and spreads, and more importantly--upsets at such a level it'd be easier to just be a professional gambler and bust the casinos. Obviously that's not a tenable long-term proposition.

I will say I had a variety of players going. I intentionally constructed lineups so I wasn't too exposed to any one player or game. So, I did not have Devonta Freeman and DeAndre Hopkins in all my lineups. I had Philip Rivers in one, in most I had Todd Gurley and the Rams defense, which did well. I projected my scores to range from 160-175, and they all landed in that area. Last week, same thing... projected to score 150-170 everywhere, did, and only cashed in a handful of contests and had a down week overall. Same the week before that. If I make my projection level consistently, then I don't want to get into what individual players did what. It doesn't seem to be worth discussing. They scored what I thought they would.

As far as contests, I entered about 40 double-ups ranging from $1 to $10. Some were multi-entry, some were single entry. Some were 50000+ entrants, and some were only like 57. I did Thursday-Monday, Sunday-Monday, and Sunday Only slates.

I didn't even come close to cashing in the vast majority of them. Some I only beat 30% of the field, most I beat about 40-45%, but couldn't crack the top half with what should have been decent lineups for "grinding", which is the mindset I entered into this experiment with.

Looking back, in the first two weeks of the season, I had lineups "miss", score only 133-145, and still make a profit and win more than half the contests I entered. Last couple of weeks 155 wouldn't guarantee a win, and this week 170 came up 20% of the field short.
I played 82 cash games (50/50, X2, X3, X5) last week and will play 93 this week. I only play the 2 major slates and only 1 dollar single entry games which I feel lowers variance. I only play players that are rated high based on my projections don't go with lower ranked riskier players except occasionally in the small number of GPPs I do. I only thing I do that I would consider more risky than most is I will regularly play 100% of players I project very highly. I play with a small bankroll started at 100 dollars and only 30% of it a week. Has worked well for me even with the climbing cut lines. That said if your not enjoying it I would quit as for us small money players if its not fun, its not worth it as we will never make enough money to justify the time for doing something that's not enjoyable.

While making a living playing DFS sounds appealing on some level and I have been successful with small sums, I like you have no interest in putting large amounts of cash in play.

Walking Boot said:

This is part of my issue as well... it seems the only way to succeed consistently would be to "gamble" more, that is, make riskier picks in cash games and pray they hit, or, "gamble more", as in, make a wider variety of lineups and enter them into a vast array of contests at various multiplier levels, knowing that more than half will bust but hope that the ones that do succeed to so at so great a clip that they make up for the losses. The guys that I do see winning are doing both: making decisions I would not make and backing them with large amounts of cash.

The first is an increase in risk I'm not willing to make, and the second requires a bankroll and variance increase I'm not going to take on either.

I've kind of avoided posting my lineups on purpose, as I don't want to get into backwards thinking and results-oriented logic. Like in poker, if you call an even money bet that you'll hit a flush on the river (a 20% chance), but it hits and you win, that doesn't mean you made the "correct" decision even if it won. So I don't want to look at one player and then say to myself "It was dumb to pick so-and-so against the whomevers, I should have known the play script would be to run/pass/whatever more than was expected". If I'm going to do that, I might as well just gamble directly on the games themselves in Vegas and cut out the middleman, because it requires picking games and spreads, and more importantly--upsets at such a level it'd be easier to just be a professional gambler and bust the casinos. Obviously that's not a tenable long-term proposition.

I will say I had a variety of players going. I intentionally constructed lineups so I wasn't too exposed to any one player or game. So, I did not have Devonta Freeman and DeAndre Hopkins in all my lineups. I had Philip Rivers in one, in most I had Todd Gurley and the Rams defense, which did well. I projected my scores to range from 160-175, and they all landed in that area. Last week, same thing... projected to score 150-170 everywhere, did, and only cashed in a handful of contests and had a down week overall. Same the week before that. If I make my projection level consistently, then I don't want to get into what individual players did what. It doesn't seem to be worth discussing. They scored what I thought they would.

As far as contests, I entered about 40 double-ups ranging from $1 to $10. Some were multi-entry, some were single entry. Some were 50000+ entrants, and some were only like 57. I did Thursday-Monday, Sunday-Monday, and Sunday Only slates.

I didn't even come close to cashing in the vast majority of them. Some I only beat 30% of the field, most I beat about 40-45%, but couldn't crack the top half with what should have been decent lineups for "grinding", which is the mindset I entered into this experiment with.

Looking back, in the first two weeks of the season, I had lineups "miss", score only 133-145, and still make a profit and win more than half the contests I entered. Last couple of weeks 155 wouldn't guarantee a win, and this week 170 came up 20% of the field short.
I played 82 cash games (50/50, X2, X3, X5) last week and will play 93 this week. I only play the 2 major slates and only 1 dollar single entry games which I feel lowers variance. I only play players that are rated high based on my projections don't go with lower ranked riskier players except occasionally in the small number of GPPs I do. I only thing I do that I would consider more risky than most is I will regularly play 100% of players I project very highly. I play with a small bankroll started at 100 dollars and only 30% of it a week. Has worked well for me even with the climbing cut lines. That said if your not enjoying it I would quit as for us small money players if its not fun, its not worth it as we will never make enough money to justify the time for doing something that's not enjoyable.

While making a living playing DFS sounds appealing on some level and I have been successful with small sums, I like you have no interest in putting large amounts of cash in play.
Well Said :thumbup:

174 - 161 - 143 for 3 lineups across 17 games.

Cashed in 1/17 games.

Tough week. When pros are running 20 entries of the same lineup into those large double ups, the score can push up pretty high. Was also in a 100 man 50/50 where you needed 164 to cash.

174 - 161 - 143 for 3 lineups across 17 games.

Cashed in 1/17 games.

Tough week. When pros are running 20 entries of the same lineup into those large double ups, the score can push up pretty high. Was also in a 100 man 50/50 where you needed 164 to cash.
This is why I avoid multi entry cash game contests even cut lines were pretty high period this week.

Fitz hurt me that night too. Funny I've been thinking this ride has to end soon yet when it did I was surprised.

I cashed in all my double and 50/50 this week with a score of 170.5. That same score wasnt enough to cash in the multi-entry ones. I was 0/5 with those. I am going to avoid the multi entry from now on.

Also, what what was the cash line for the 3x, 4x, and 5x cash games? I dont often play in those.

I cashed in all my double and 50/50 this week with a score of 170.5. That same score wasnt enough to cash in the multi-entry ones. I was 0/5 with those. I am going to avoid the multi entry from now on.

Also, what what was the cash line for the 3x, 4x, and 5x cash games? I dont often play in those.
Contests I was in

X3 cut line was between 170-178

X5 cut line was between 177-184

Users who are viewing this thread