What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft strategy in 14 tm PPR league (1 Viewer)

Chefb2016

Footballguy
I’m drafting 3rd in a 14 tm PPR league and I’m in need of some advice as to how to approach the first 5-6 rounds. It’s on ESPN and I’ve been doing several mocks. WR are flying off the board and I’ve found that nearly all of the decent WR darts are gone by the 6th round (JSN/G Davis/Boyd/Addison range). Conversely, solid RB options have been falling.

But I’m not thrilled with what’s available in the late 2nd/early 3rd in terms of WR. Do I go with Kupp or T Hill with the 3rd pick (assuming top 2 picks are JJeff/Chase)?

I appreciate any input…thanks and good luck in your drafts!

I would go CMC if JJ and Chase are the first two off the board. CMC has the highest upside of anybody. I wouldn't pass that up. I also wouldn't be so concerned about positions. Make a combined draft board and trust it. Take the guy at the top of your board and don't look back.

agree, i wouldn't be position conscious or you will force picks.

my 22 year old sharky league drafted yesterday. .5 ppr, qb pass td is 4 pts.

i had the 3 spot in a 12 team league... it went CMC, JJ and i took Ekeler. If Ekeler wants to catch around 100 balls and be a RB, hard to pass that value. chase was 4. j taylor was available at my 2.x pick and i went higgins at 3.x. 12/24 picks in the first 2 rounds were wrs. What i would say is that it seems there is more RB value later this year than wrs. although, i did grab london late 4 and akers early 5.

take whatever is left of cmc/jjeff/chase. who knows who falls. i've been seeing waddle make it to the third in 12 teamers. maybe could get him or olave in the 2nd. if gone you always have the devonta smith/ridley/keenan type wrs which are fine. JT jacobs could be there for rbs. those wr types will be there in for your 3rd pick as well as rbs like najee/etn/stevenson/jones. if you love dj moore like everyone else may wanna take him there cause may not make it back by your 4th pick but he could, especially if further down rankings on whatever site you use. prolly a ton of rb2 types when you get to your 4th/5th round picks. like mattison/pierce/conner/rachaad. maybe a good time around there to take a te and/or qb if they fell

just don't lock yourself into anything. players can fall and value can be had, especially if people start reaching on qbs. think of guys you like regardless of position in between your long stretches. que up the ones on your wish list and pick the ones that make it. it's really that simple

Users who are viewing this thread