What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftguys NFL Draft Contest Results (1 Viewer)

Mike

Footballguy
Results are updated in the Draftguys NFL Draft Contest.

http://www.myofficepool.ca/draftguys/?o=2

The scoring is similar to the one in Chaos Commish's / FBG Draft Contest as shown on the rules page.

After going through the process of updating the scoring, I realize the wording in the rules is not the best. For clarification, the scoring is as follows...

You pick a player to get drafted at 1.01. If he goes 1.01 you get the "slot" points. You pick the team he gets drafted to (or leave blank for the default team, the current pick owner). If he goes to that team you get the "team" points.

Therefore, Brady Quinn is a good example of missing the slot points but getting the team points. If you predicted Quinn to get drafted at 1.03 to the Browns, then you still get 1 point because he was in fact, drafted by the Browns, but at a different slot.

Similarly Alan Branch some people predicted to go 1.05 to the Cardinals. I awarded 1 point for this since he did land with the Cards.

All in all, a very unforgiving scoring system. Many took big negative points for Branch (-25) and Quinn (-10) and others. Negatives only assigned once, i.e. if you had 2 guys in your top 16 fall out of the 1st round you only took one -25 hit.

Check it out. Check my math as this was fairly complex to calculate (good luck C.C.!). Hope you enjoyed it.

Congrats to TDmachine who looks to be the winner barring any mistakes on my part. His was the only entry to get 10 of 16 picks exactly right.

Last edited by a moderator:

The scoring is similar to the one in Chaos Commish's / FBG Draft Contest as shown on the rules page.
since you hijacked my contest with yours any chance you score them both like a good sport? also, I am interested in suggestions for refining this scoring. It does look like my initial thought that the bonuses were too big is correct.

Top 10 baby!

since you hijacked my contest with yours any chance you score them both like a good sport?
I still dispute the word "hijack". I don't want to input all the 32 picks for everyone, but I can send you my spreadsheet which might help. Email me, commish@myofficepool.ca.
It was blatant hijacking.CC - When will we get the results?

since you hijacked my contest with yours any chance you score them both like a good sport? also, I am interested in suggestions for refining this scoring. It does look like my initial thought that the bonuses were too big is correct.

Top 10 baby!
I entered your contest Chaos.......but that scoring just looks like a headache........I entered the Chunky Soup Picks challenge 2 years ago and the scoring was pretty simple..........32 points for player selected in the slot you had them slated for

16 points for one pick off..........for ex.... you had X at 6 and they went either 5 or 7

8 pts for 2 picks off

4 pts for 3 off

teams did not matter, just the # they went at did

:bag:

Hey. Alan Branch ---> :thumbdown:

Interesting that I get 3 points for PP going to the Bills but -7 for it being in the 2nd round. :confused:

War Ensemble said:
Mike said:

since you hijacked my contest with yours any chance you score them both like a good sport?
I still dispute the word "hijack". I don't want to input all the 32 picks for everyone, but I can send you my spreadsheet which might help. Email me, commish@myofficepool.ca.
I've scored a third of them and should get them finished tomorrow. I do have a busy day of work, so it could be tomorrow night. And I'm only joking with Mike. I've known him for awhile from another site, and I taught him everything he knows about auctions. :thumbdown:

he's free to hijack my stuff any time he likes.

War Ensemble said:
Mike said:

I've scored a third of them and should get them finished tomorrow. I do have a busy day of work, so it could be tomorrow night. And I'm only joking with Mike. I've known him for awhile from another site, and I taught him everything he knows about auctions. :P

he's free to hijack my stuff any time he likes.
Remember a PFW Draft Guide goes to the winner of CC's contest.

War Ensemble said:
CC - When will we get the results?
Okay, I got a little past halfway last night and scored three more this morning. This scoring system needs refinement, but the results so far seem to be accomplishing the goal of ranking mocks more accurately. It is too complicated though. I won't be able to finish this up until tonight so be patient.Also, I will be adding mocks from across the internet over the next week or so just to create a better ranking of how the pundits really did.

Okay, I got a little past halfway last night and scored three more this morning. This scoring system needs refinement, but the results so far seem to be accomplishing the goal of ranking mocks more accurately. It is too complicated though. I won't be able to finish this up until tonight so be patient.Also, I will be adding mocks from across the internet over the next week or so just to create a better ranking of how the pundits really did.
hows that scoring shaping up?

I've had some issues. I guarantee them... Friday. Probably tomorrow, but I am giving myself a cushion. Thanks for being patient everyone, and thanks for the offers to help. Honestly, I got this. :yes:

Thanks for everyone doing both contests for putting them on. I sucked ### pretty bad, but hey I'll take 50something out of 80somethign in the NFLDraftguys contest.

Curious to see how I did in CC's.

I've had some issues. I guarantee them... Friday. Probably tomorrow, but I am giving myself a cushion. Thanks for being patient everyone, and thanks for the offers to help. Honestly, I got this. :rolleyes:
Are there results yet? I couldn't find a thread...

Here's a tip to whoever is running the show...don't create a complex scoring system if you don't want to score it.

In the meantime, since I got the first and last picks right, I'm officially the declaring myself the winner. Send me the out of date draft guide CBoy.

Here's a tip to whoever is running the show...don't create a complex scoring system if you don't want to score it.In the meantime, since I got the first and last picks right, I'm officially the declaring myself the winner. Send me the out of date draft guide CBoy.
If you are the winner than you need to come down to my place and pick it up lazy ###.

Users who are viewing this thread