What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings week 8 (1 Viewer)

jandyt

Footballguy
On to week 8 hopefully week 7 was good to most of us. Just starting my projections but my one early thought is I will probably over shift my play towards the Sunday slate this week. Normally I do about 50/50 split between the 2 slates but with Miami playing much better I'm not confident at all on how the Thursday game plays out so I think my play might be 70/30 favoring the Sunday slate.

Last edited by a moderator:
On to week 8 hopefully week 7 was good to most of us. Just starting my projections but my one early thought is I will probably over shift by play towards the Sunday slate this week. Normally I do about 50/50 split between the 2 slates but with Miami playing much better I'm not confident at all on how the Thursday game plays out so I think my play might be 70/30 favoring the Sunday slate.
Agree, Thursday night game is tricky. Has boom/Bust potential, may do one Thursday night lineup. everything else will be geared to Sunday/Monday.

Yeah, it's tough with the Thursday night game being having the highest O/U for the week too. I will still put in my usual Brady stack for the week, but will probably stay away from it otherwise.

Tannehill is one of those QBs that have what I am looking for in gpp play though - underdog, highest o/u, and Pats D giving up 6th most points to QB and WR. As a Pats fan, I will look elsewhere for my gpp stack.

A few random thoughts:

Gurley at 6300 is still the must play for RB against the 9ers. At 8000, this is probably the first time I am having thoughts against starting Freeman. A lot of cheaper options have favorable matchups with guys like Forsett, Martin, Lynch going up against bad rushing Defs and can save you around 2K for other spots.

Looks like they adjusted the Ds up, and I don't see a D that screams upside in the <$3k category. Maybe the Titans? Looks like Seattle and St.L are still the plays here.

I really like a lot of the Wrs in the 7000s. K.Allen and Calvin going against Ds that cough up a lot to WRs/Qbs, Might also be another good week to go from Freeman to Julio even at his 9200 price.

Not sure what to make of the TEs. We will see about Gates' health, but looking at matchups Eifert and Olsen might be the plays.

Gurley and I like Ingram alot at home vs nyg.

Thinking about using rivers/allen vs bal.

Any cheap wrs?

Players I'm looking at this week no lineups made yet

QB

Rivers

Dalton

McCown (cheapie GPP)

Flacco (GPP maybe)

RB

Miller

Stewart

Freeman

Peterson

Gurley

Forsett

Woodhead

Blue(cheap GPP)

West(GPP)

WR

Julio

Evans

Allen

Crabtree

S Smith

A Brown(if Big Ben starts)

S Johnson(cheapie)

TE

Barnridge

Green(if no Gates)

Grok

Eifert

Gilmore(cheapie GPP)

Ebron

Bennett

Here's my first shot at a cash lineup:

Rivers

Gurley

Chris Johnson

Antonio

Marshall

Diggs

Green

Forsett

St L

Edit - Sunday afternoon only

Cash lineups I am toying with, both lineups come in at an average score of 111 for predictions this week. See a lot more potential in both.

Freeman is hard to like with his price tag this week. I plugged him in the first one and am not overly satisfied with the results of the roster. If I take Freeman out of the first lineup, i could move around on my WRs with the extra cash.

Really liking ASJ this week, Delanie had an OK week against the Falcons this past week.

CJ2k looked SPRY last night, i may roster him this week. He fits in most my lineups very well.

I feel Ivory makes the bounce back this week against Oakland after NE bottled him up for 48 yards.

Cam Newton
Devonta Freeman
Todd Gurley
Keenan Allen
Alshon Jeffery
Stefon Diggs
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Chris Johnson
Lions

Andy Dalton
Chris Ivory
Todd Gurley
A.J. Green
Keenan Allen
John Brown
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Chris Johnson
Rams

My first 5050

Rivers

Ingram

Gurley

Allen

Diggs

Decker

Walford

Lynch

Stl def

Really like Walford for a cheap te

A few cheap stack ideas I wrote down.

11300: Dalton + Eifert If Big Ben comes back, I think this turns into a shoot out.

11200: A.Smith + Maclin if Maclin is cleared to play, this game could also be a shoot out. Det has given up the 7th most pts to Wrs and the 7th most to Qbs.

10500: Mariota + Wright definitely my most "out there" idea. Houst has given up the 4th most points to Qbs this year and is in the top 10 pts given to Wrs and Tenn should be coming from behind

10000: A.Smith + Kelce see above, and Det is in the top ten most pts given to a TE this year

9900: Bridgewater + Diggs on the road, division game, Chic is in the top 5 teams of most pts given up to Qbs and Wrs.

Think DT wise I'm looking at SL again and Zona where I have the extra dollars. No cheap options I really like.

Here's who I'm liking right now for cash.

QB - Rivers, Cam, Dalton

RB - Freeman, Forsett, Gurley, Woodhead

D - Rams

And that's pretty much it. I'm not feeling confident with many of the choices at WR or TE at all this week. Might shift to more GPP this time and look for upside.

If Big Ben is playing, AB is a must roster in cash at his depressed price
Totally agree about AB.

I'm surprised to not see more love for Chris Johnson this week. Cleveland has been atrocious against the run, Arizona should be in the lead for most of the game, he looked great against Baltimore, and only costs $4600. I feel like if you are fading Freeman, he is a solid option to save some of your salary to spend bigger at WR. Am I overlooking something?

If Big Ben is playing, AB is a must roster in cash at his depressed price
Totally agree about AB.

I'm surprised to not see more love for Chris Johnson this week. Cleveland has been atrocious against the run, Arizona should be in the lead for most of the game, he looked great against Baltimore, and only costs $4600. I feel like if you are fading Freeman, he is a solid option to save some of your salary to spend bigger at WR. Am I overlooking something?
C Johnson is very much on my radar this week currently in about half my cash line ups although things can change during the week.

The more I look, the more I like D. Martin and Chris Johnson with Gurley. Just have to decide if I would rather have J. Brown or Johnson in the lineup.

Here's who I'm liking right now for cash.

QB - Rivers, Cam, Dalton

RB - Freeman, Forsett, Gurley, Woodhead

D - Rams

And that's pretty much it. I'm not feeling confident with many of the choices at WR or TE at all this week. Might shift to more GPP this time and look for upside.
Agreed not the must starts we have seen in recent weeks.

At TE I will go cheap with Green and maybe Walker except for some Grok on the Thursday slate.

WR I may go with a variety of guys. My favorite WR is Julio but his high price prevents him from being in too many lineups. Evans is a guy Im really looking at a lot with V Jax out. The falcons defend no1 WR pretty well but his volume could be insane. Washington is the cheap guy I like as they throw a lot and Tennessee defends WR1 much better than WR2. Only thing holding me back is the feeling I am chasing points.

GPP entry

Cutler

Ivory

Gurley

Jeffery

Keenan

Hopkins

Ladarius

M. Floyd

Texans

Cutler/Jeffery will very likely go against the grain in low % and I like the divisional game matchup with them at home playing better as of late.

love this lineup

Cutler

Forsett

Gurley

Diggs

M.Floyd

Julio

L.Green

L.Bell

Rams

Swapped out Cutler for Fitzpat in a lineup as well, nate Washington vs M.Floyd is interesting

GPP entry

Cutler

Ivory

Gurley

Jeffery

Keenan

Hopkins

Ladarius

M. Floyd

Texans

Cutler/Jeffery will very likely go against the grain in low % and I like the divisional game matchup with them at home playing better as of late.
I like Cutler/Jeffrey a lot but you have 2 Charger pass catchers. I would rather take Rivers if you roster Allen and Green. You could go down from Ivory and go up to Bennett if you want the super bears stack.

ASJ is someone I was going to have in some cash lineups if he plays but now that is looking more doubtful. Either way I think Evans is a target monster this week and a good play.

ASJ is someone I was going to have in some cash lineups if he plays but now that is looking more doubtful. Either way I think Evans is a target monster this week and a good play.
Why shying away from ASJ? You see some reports? I cant seem to find any on him saying yay or nay.

GPP entry

Cutler

Ivory

Gurley

Jeffery

Keenan

Hopkins

Ladarius

M. Floyd

Texans

I like Cutler/Jeffrey a lot but you have 2 Charger pass catchers. I would rather take Rivers if you roster Allen and Green. You could go down from Ivory and go up to Bennett if you want the super bears stack.
I think Floyd is Arizona Floyd, at least he is in my lineups

GPP entry

Cutler

Ivory

Gurley

Jeffery

Keenan

Hopkins

Ladarius

M. Floyd

Texans

I think Floyd is Arizona Floyd, at least he is in my lineups
Keenan Allen/Ladarius Green

Well Shorts has been ruled out already which bumps Washington up some think he may be in almost all my cash lineups, tremendous value for the price.

Well Shorts has been ruled out already which bumps Washington up some think he may be in almost all my cash lineups, tremendous value for the price.
I'm getting no reply in Hopkins thread. My Q is Titans have been tops passing D and now 2nd best.

Everyone thinks they're a pushover.

What's reality here?

GPP entry

Cutler

Ivory

Gurley

Jeffery

Keenan

Hopkins

Ladarius

M. Floyd

Texans

Interesting choices.

I can't think of a time someone said Cutler yet this year. I've learned to hate an O facing Minny as everything looks favorable and then I imagine ADP limits the time the opposing O is on the field. It's been frustrating.

Both Texans and Titans have weak OL, poor decision QB, and Watt/Clowney or Morgan/Casey I think one of them has an excellent week that proves to be good value here. I haven't done well predicting Ds lately.

I had Ivory and changed and went back and....been switching with CJ. Gotta a little while to make up my mind I guess. Any thoughts why Ivory over CJ?

I guess I kept looking at 2 games that I thought would turn into passing games and my gpps revolved around them. KC vs Det had 2 qbs going against Ds that have let in a lot of fantasy points for QBs and WRs and was one of the higher O/U games for the week. I also liked the return of Big Ben vs. the Bengals. So I just put in the same core team and pivoted the Qbs and another position to account for the the change in $. Reserved a couple spots for the Thursday slates to get the KC/Det lineups in. Here is was my idea for that:

Smith

Chris Johnson, Duke Johnson

Calvin, Julio, K.Allen

Kelce

D.Adams

Titans

and

Stafford

Woodhead, Duke

Calvin, Julio, Evans

Kelce

D.Adams

Titans

I also had Brady, Gronk, Amendola (I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad) in a Thursday gpp and that roster is:

Brady

J.Stewart, Ingram

Evans, T.Austin, Amendola

Gronk

Woodhead

Seahawks

IVC will tell you Willie Snead again.
yeah I really wonder on the value in this thing. you pick your 4 guys. then they usually give you a huge stud you didn't pick - like Bell or Freeman,then cheap options like snead, nate wash to round it out. Doesn't seem like it tries for high floor types and an even distribution, maybe I have the settings wrong

IVC will tell you Willie Snead again.
yeah I really wonder on the value in this thing. you pick your 4 guys. then they usually give you a huge stud you didn't pick - like Bell or Freeman,then cheap options like snead, nate wash to round it out. Doesn't seem like it tries for high floor types and an even distribution, maybe I have the settings wrong
I just assumed that the high floor type of guys would be priced closely to their projection so they don't show up at the top. Until their $$ raises, I would guess guys like Snead, Floyd, Washington will be at the top.

Real question, do we trust gates enough to play him? Has potential to eat up this defense.
For me he is only a GPP option I don't trust how much he plays or the potential he aggravates the injury and leaves the game. Unfortunately his potential makes Green much less appealing.

Real question, do we trust gates enough to play him? Has potential to eat up this defense.
For me he is only a GPP option I don't trust how much he plays or the potential he aggravates the injury and leaves the game. Unfortunately his potential makes Green much less appealing.
Agree, restructured my lineups he was involved in... Still projecting 150 for the team but not as confident as I was before with Green in the lineup.

After the restructure, had to give up the Rams D and bumped Marshall up to K. Allen, Then went with Donnell against the Saints who are 32nd against the TE.... Not as happy with it, but there is potential.

Philip Rivers
Chris Johnson
Todd Gurley
Antonio Brown
Keenan Allen
Stefon Diggs
Larry Donnell
Justin Forsett
Titans

Users who are viewing this thread