What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dumbest picks you've seen in your drafts this year (1 Viewer)

Up until a week ago almost every draft I was in people kept grabbing Leshoure, Dwyer and Lamichael James multiple rounds before the real handcuff was selected.

Up until a week ago almost every draft I was in people kept grabbing Leshoure, Dwyer and Lamichael James multiple rounds before the real handcuff was selected.
I noticed that as well. The Bush owner in one of my leagues laughed at my J. Bell pick after he had taken Leshoure the previous round and the Gore owner took L. James with Hunter still on the board. I can somewhat understand the Dwyer love before recent events but I thought Bell and Hunter were clearly the guys to have.

Stephen Jackson at 1.9 ahead of Richardson, McCoy, Spiller, Morris, and Forte.

Welker 5th WR off the board.

Luck 5th QB taken, at 3.1.

Defenses started going in the 11th and kickers in the 12th of an 18 round draft. Guys were taking kickers and defenses ahead of Bryce Brown, Jordan Cameron, etc. Nuts.
Defenses and kickers score points too. I took Seattle in the 6th and Matt Bryant in the 8th last night and I don't feel bad about it.

12 team........... $ 300 buy in

Guy takes Kaepernick with the fourth pick. Then he picks Pitta in the 6th round and Danario Alexander in the 10th rd.

Same draft. Another team takes Vick in the middle of the second round and then takes Willis McGahee in the 6th rd. and Ced Benson in the 9th.
We had a guy draft Danario Alexander in the 7th

I noticed that as well. The Bush owner in one of my leagues laughed at my J. Bell pick after he had taken Leshoure the previous round and the Gore owner took L. James with Hunter still on the board. I can somewhat understand the Dwyer love before recent events but I thought Bell and Hunter were clearly the guys to have.
This x10. Every draft! I don't get it. It's like they don't even spend 5 seconds to google a guy's name to find out his handcuff. And this happened to a lot of guys I know who follow FF regularly.

My bench spots on every team are loaded with guys like Joique Bell / Kendell Hunter / Michael Bush / Christine Michael / Bernard Pierce.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Seattle so there is some expected homerism, however someone in one league took Wilson as the #7 overall pick in a redraft. I love Wilson but I wouldn't take him as the 7th QB, let alone the 7th overall pick.
I thought my story would be the runaway winner until I saw yours. But mine is in the ballpark.

In a 1QB league with no special scoring upgrade for QBs, 4 QBs went in the first round: Rodgers at 1.1, Brees at 1.5, Colin Kaepernick at 1.9 and Manning at 1.12. So if you want to know how I landed CJ Spiller at 2.5.... now you know.

In a 16 teamer somebody took E.J. Manuel as his QB1. Two rounds later he took Vick (not a bad idea, but it gets better). A few rounds later he decides he decides to handcuff him with Foles. When somebody informs him he now has 3 QBs with the same bye week, he burns his next pick on Geno Smith. This is a start one QB league, and seeing a guy grab four lousy ones in seven rounds was a like Leroy Nieman touching up the Sistine Chapel. Instant classic, I was laughing so hard tears streaming.
His team must be stacked at RB and WR.

In all of my leagues this year the owners of Mccoy, Rice, Foster and Spiller have taken someone elses handcuff while theirs was still on the board; two of these drafts took place at the height of the Foster injury concern.

I took Kenbrell in the 5th round of a keep two league, making him essentially a 7th round pick - might prove to be the worst pick this year.

Just normal bad pick stuff:

-Bradshaw gone as a guys RB1 in the 2nd round (15th overall)

-Roethlisberger taken with Stafford still on the board

-In an auction league, I managed to run a guy up to 5% of his budget on the Seattle D, he then blew another 3% on the Niners D - I got the Bears and Pats for a combined 1%

-In a 40 round dynasty startup a guy took recently retired Ryan Swope in the 23rd round.
well what are you so called sharks playing in the kiddie pool with morons that don't know football... Isn't that agitating when someone drafts Beenie wells as a rb2. I mean that isn't even fun

In a 16 teamer somebody took E.J. Manuel as his QB1. Two rounds later he took Vick (not a bad idea, but it gets better). A few rounds later he decides he decides to handcuff him with Foles. When somebody informs him he now has 3 QBs with the same bye week, he burns his next pick on Geno Smith. This is a start one QB league, and seeing a guy grab four lousy ones in seven rounds was a like Leroy Nieman touching up the Sistine Chapel. Instant classic, I was laughing so hard tears streaming.
His team must be stacked at RB and WR.
:lmao:

He who shall not be named should be popping in here in 3...2...1...

Last year we had a person draft a kicker in the 6th round.

That person won our league last year

Such as life in FF

$31 for Jay Cutler in a $200 cap auction league. He's from Chicago, and was out in Vegas drinking with some others in the league.

FGB League draft on Sunday. Two different teams took 2 QBs by the end of the 8th round, and one said team took 2 defenses by the eleventh round. Real header scratchers.

3rd round - Tony Gonzales. 1st TE off the board. Allowed Graham to fall to me at the 3/4 turn. :excited:

In one of my drafts we had a guy take Steven Jackson 1st overall.... Said he thinks he is going to "break out" this year...

In all of my leagues this year the owners of Mccoy, Rice, Foster and Spiller have taken someone elses handcuff while theirs was still on the board; two of these drafts took place at the height of the Foster injury concern.

I took Kenbrell in the 5th round of a keep two league, making him essentially a 7th round pick - might prove to be the worst pick this year.

Just normal bad pick stuff:

-Bradshaw gone as a guys RB1 in the 2nd round (15th overall)

-Roethlisberger taken with Stafford still on the board

-In an auction league, I managed to run a guy up to 5% of his budget on the Seattle D, he then blew another 3% on the Niners D - I got the Bears and Pats for a combined 1%

-In a 40 round dynasty startup a guy took recently retired Ryan Swope in the 23rd round.
well what are you so called sharks playing in the kiddie pool with morons that don't know football... Isn't that agitating when someone drafts Beenie wells as a rb2. I mean that isn't even fun
if your winning cash because other people are knuckleheads?

It would be nice to be in a week where people dont have a clue once in a while

Our 10-team league you can keep up to 5 guys in the spot they were drafted the previous year(s).

Owner of Michael Crabtree kept him in the 9th round.

The dumbest thing I have seen is leagues where picking Aaron Rodgers before Eddie Lacy is considered a bad move.

You people really need to make some effort to increase the fantasy football value of the most important position in real football.

2 QB best ball league where you must start 1 TE but can start 4.

Guy drafts 4 TEs and only 2QBs

ETA: two guys did this

The dumbest thing I have seen is leagues where picking Aaron Rodgers before Eddie Lacy is considered a bad move.

You people really need to make some effort to increase the fantasy football value of the most important position in real football.
:goodposting:

Apparently you are supposed to wait to draft a 2nd QB until everyone has their 1st. The nerve of some people.

I'm in a 12-team league and Seneca Wallace was taken in round 6. I don't know if the guy accidentally clicked the wrong button or what as we were live drafting from our homes, but it drew a few laughs for sure. He eventually ended up with Sam Bradford in round 20 while others were selecting their IDP's.

All in a keep 1 league (2 rounds higher cost then drafted previous year) that drafted last night.

Team A - Andrew Luck owner (kept as a 7th round pick) selects Russell Wilson in round 8 while only RB's on his roster were Rice and Ivory, only other 2RB's he got were Powell and Turbin. He passed on Hillman, Woodhead, Tate, and Pierce that went shortly after his Wilson pick, this is PPR.

Team B - A 9th round pick on Carson Palmer with the same bye week as his starter Peyton Manning while Daulton, Flacco and Schaub were still all available. Likely only a 1 week player but a waste of a 9th round pick since he can't even use him.

Team C - Having Darren Sproles and Darren McFadden as your starters (ok not bad in PPR) but then waiting until round 10 to start backing them up with Fred Jackson, Moreno and Pead while you drafted 2 TE's first.

Our 10-team league you can keep up to 5 guys in the spot they were drafted the previous year(s).

Owner of Michael Crabtree kept him in the 9th round.
Nothing wrong with that.
Do you think someone would have jumped in and scooped him up before 9th round if he hadn't been kept? In my opinion Crabtree doesn't crack the top 100 receivers for 2013 let alone the top 100 players.
I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that meant he could keep him for a 9th in 2014 too.

10 team .5ppr...

Vernon Davis 2nd rd...19th overall

Been drafting for 13 yrs possibly the worst pick I've seen...ever

Pettis was drafted about two weeks after his injury was announced.

A team kept 3 QB's for the second year in a row, all viable QB1's in a limited roster. We start only 1 QB and people simply don't trade in this league.

Technically not a draft mishap, but someone dropped Kenny Britt after buying him for WR4-WR5 price (auction, was a steal imo) to pick up Jon Baldwin... and paid the same amount for Baldwin saying "just wait." That's not gonna end well.

In a draft this past Thursday. 10 team ppr guy drafted 8th overall drafted Alfred Morris in 1st then took Brees in the second ( no taking Alfred Morris in the first in a ppr was not the dumbest) Then took Colin K.in the 3rd. Said it was trade bait.

Yea, some of these are brutally bad picks.

What's worse is when the guy who you rip on for taking Kenny Britt in the 4th beats you in your H2H matchup.

I had my last draft tonight. Local league with some guys that really didn't have a clue. There were three idiotic picks tonight.

1. One dude took Rodgers in the 3rd round and then took Brady in the 5th.

2. #1 was bad, but not as bad as someone taking..... Willis McGahee as his 2nd RB.

3. Someone took Welker as their #1 WR and Decker as their #2.

Sad to say, but I'm not making any of this up.
I guess I need an explanation why drafting Rogers and Brady is considered idiotic. Are trades outlawed in your leagues?

I had my last draft tonight. Local league with some guys that really didn't have a clue. There were three idiotic picks tonight.

1. One dude took Rodgers in the 3rd round and then took Brady in the 5th.

2. #1 was bad, but not as bad as someone taking..... Willis McGahee as his 2nd RB.

3. Someone took Welker as their #1 WR and Decker as their #2.

Sad to say, but I'm not making any of this up.
I guess I need an explanation why drafting Rogers and Brady is considered idiotic. Are trades outlawed in your leagues?
Very hard to get fair value for these guys in a trade - seldom does it work out the way the hoarder wants.

-QG

Auction League with an $85 dollar buyin to be in the league. It's a start one QB league but with 6 point TDs (good thing he drafted so many running QBs)

Auction Budget was $400 because there is IDP. One guy spent his money like this:

Robert Griffin III (Was - QB) $50
Cam Newton (Car - QB) $50
Michael Vick (Phi - QB) $37
Eli Manning (NYG - QB) $11
Jay Cutler (Chi - QB) $8

Yup $156 on QBs. 39% of his auction budget. I picked up Romo for $23. Cheapest starting QB left in the league.

He said he wanted to "hoard" the position.

Auction League with an $85 dollar buyin to be in the league. It's a start one QB league but with 6 point TDs (good thing he drafted so many running QBs)

Auction Budget was $400 because there is IDP. One guy spent his money like this:

Robert Griffin III (Was - QB) $50
Cam Newton (Car - QB) $50
Michael Vick (Phi - QB) $37
Eli Manning (NYG - QB) $11
Jay Cutler (Chi - QB) $8

Yup $156 on QBs. 39% of his auction budget. I picked up Romo for $23. Cheapest starting QB left in the league.

He said he wanted to "hoard" the position.
Looks like he accomplished his mission :) Let us know if he ends up trading any of them and if so what the original auction values are of the guys he gets. Can't imagine it will make up for this craziness :)

-QG

In my recent rookie draft, TE Julius Thomas was drafted with the 2nd overall pick ahead of all of the rookies (except for Tavon Austin who went first overall).

Another guy took:

DeMarco Murray, McFadden, & Mathews in back to back to back rounds
Depending on the rounds, this might not be bad at all.
2, 3, 4
Who'd he take in the first? This might be the winner.
Forte
Last question, can he start 4 RBs? lol.
no, up to 3
Very similar to my first 4 picks in a start 3 RB league. RBs are gold. Same as day 1.

I can't say I've seen anything absolutely horrible, but there were definitely some big reach/risk selections and just plain old bad luck picks. It's a local, 15-round, 14 team, non-PPR, redraft, money league ($150).

One guy took the 49ers D in the 6th then went Andre Brown in the 7th (he also has Ryan Mathews).

One went Seattle D in the 7th.

A Pats homer took Ridley in the 1st and Amendola in the 3rd.

Someone took Reggie Bush in the 2nd round as their RB1 (He also drafted Stafford, Calvin, Pettigrew and the Lions D). Wouldn't be surprised if he actually ended up being competitive, but not against me.... I'm playing him week 9 when Detroit is on their Bye.

Dr. Octopus said:
Chaka said:
I don't think this applies in any league.
Happens all the time.

Aaron Rodgers in the 4th, Brady in the 6th Tony Romo in the 9th etc. That is insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread