What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dump Your Random Rant/Frustration Here Since You Can't Tell Anyone Else (1 Viewer)

people that actually buy dogs or cats. you know, there are shelters out there practically giving needy animals away, but you need a pure breed why? explain it to me like i’m 4.
I’ll tell you at least one reason why:

My son and daughter in law got a dog from their shelter with an estimated max weight of 35-40lbs. That dog is now 85lbs. They love him but are limited on apartments, etc.

My other son went to a breeder and met both dad and mom of his pup. That dog is now the weight and size he was expecting and wanting.
Most of the time, yes.
Lady in our neighborhood got herself a mini goodendoodle. That dog is 65 lbs now.

I don't understand your gripe. The vegetarians drew the line at dairy and eggs. Not animal fat. Your wife went a little further, but it's not surprising any of them would object to bacon grease.

First, it’s an anonymous message board thread about rants - dude fixes breakfast for the entire family (and his family is gigantic) and some little doofus (or maybe it was the wife - who cares). who has been a vegetarian for 5 minutes calls him out for using a little bacon grease. Don’t eat it if it’s the end of the world.
That's fine and dandy, but presumably his family members chose their diets for a reason. Even though making a meal is a gracious offering, violating their preferences with undisclosed animal products isn't cool, and worthy of a complaint IMO.

If he let them know ahead of time he used bacon grease, then they could choose not to eat the eggs. And possibly make their own breakfast.

I just don't understand getting irritated in this situation, though it's certainly not a big deal.

It’s a rant thread - not a let’s dissect things logically that bother you thread
Fair enough. Resume baseless ranting.
Are you an Eagles fan? I can't remember.

I don't understand your gripe. The vegetarians drew the line at dairy and eggs. Not animal fat. Your wife went a little further, but it's not surprising any of them would object to bacon grease.

First, it’s an anonymous message board thread about rants - dude fixes breakfast for the entire family (and his family is gigantic) and some little doofus (or maybe it was the wife - who cares). who has been a vegetarian for 5 minutes calls him out for using a little bacon grease. Don’t eat it if it’s the end of the world.
That's fine and dandy, but presumably his family members chose their diets for a reason. Even though making a meal is a gracious offering, violating their preferences with undisclosed animal products isn't cool, and worthy of a complaint IMO.

If he let them know ahead of time he used bacon grease, then they could choose not to eat the eggs. And possibly make their own breakfast.

I just don't understand getting irritated in this situation, though it's certainly not a big deal.

I'm fine taking the "L" here. I made eggs for myself and the meat eating kid in the skillet with the bacon grease instead of butter (I had removed most of it but I get it) then made eggs for the other two kids in a different skillet. Out of laziness, it'd be nice not to have so many dishes to wash and put away but it is what it is and I'm still learning. :shrug:

Nothing as of this morning. However, I noticed on my way out the door for work that it’s laundry day. So, she's going to be in that room a lot and will likely notice. With that in mind:

-130 odds that it’s either moved or I’m told to move it when I get home and that we “agreed” it goes in the garage.

+150 it’s still there and nothing is said about it (in which case an unspoken agreement/compromise has been struck that it can go in the mud room but I better fold it up and put it away like this every time).

+ 350 it’s still there and she tells me it’s totally fine to leave it there indefinitely provided it stays in that spot and I fold it up immediately every time.

+ 100000 all my stuff is in the yard and she’s filed for divorce.

+10000000000/\100th power that she tells me she realized she was being unreasonable and I’m free to store my bag and pushcart as was in the mud room.

Note: This morning I agreed to do something that’s both expensive and involves me having to significantly interact with her annoying friend so my odds above are a bit “better” than they would normally be due to this recent good will I accrued.
Welp, was gone for work all yesterday and just looked in the mud room this morning as I’m prepping my bag for a tournament today.

The inconspicuously placed pushcart has been replaced by a second shoe rack and is now in its horribly inconvenient “spot” in the garage. Nothing has been said and nothing probably will be said.

Contact your bookies for pay out on the -130.
There's gotta be a way to escalate the passive aggression. Muddy golf shoes on the rack?
I played golf all three days this weekend then, yesterday, after a couple of rounds of shots at the course I took a nap for like an hour when my wife was desperate for a break for herself.

Nothing as of this morning. However, I noticed on my way out the door for work that it’s laundry day. So, she's going to be in that room a lot and will likely notice. With that in mind:

-130 odds that it’s either moved or I’m told to move it when I get home and that we “agreed” it goes in the garage.

+150 it’s still there and nothing is said about it (in which case an unspoken agreement/compromise has been struck that it can go in the mud room but I better fold it up and put it away like this every time).

+ 350 it’s still there and she tells me it’s totally fine to leave it there indefinitely provided it stays in that spot and I fold it up immediately every time.

+10000000000/\100th power that she tells me she realized she was being unreasonable and I’m free to store my bag and pushcart as was in the mud room.

Note: This morning I agreed to do something that’s both expensive and involves me having to significantly interact with her annoying friend so my odds above are a bit “better” than they would normally be due to this recent good will I accrued.
Welp, was gone for work all yesterday and just looked in the mud room this morning as I’m prepping my bag for a tournament today.

The inconspicuously placed pushcart has been replaced by a second shoe rack and is now in its horribly inconvenient “spot” in the garage. Nothing has been said and nothing probably will be said.

There's gotta be a way to escalate the passive aggression. Muddy golf shoes on the rack?
I played golf all three days this weekend then, yesterday, after a couple of rounds of shots at the course I took a nap for like an hour when my wife was desperate for a break for herself.
Hopefully you napped on the floor of the laundry room.

I'm fine taking the "L" here. I made eggs for myself and the meat eating kid in the skillet with the bacon grease instead of butter (I had removed most of it but I get it) then made eggs for the other two kids in a different skillet. Out of laziness, it'd be nice not to have so many dishes to wash and put away but it is what it is and I'm still learning. :shrug:
Yeah, multiple (unnecessarily) dirty dishes is a big peeve of mine.

With a household of two, we refill the dishwasher about every third day, and it’s 99.9% my wife. At any given time, there are like six glasses/mugs in use, each with about half an ounce of liquid. And she utilizes multiple pots and pans for every meal, even simple stuff like pasta.

But she does almost all the cooking, so I grin and bear it, most of the time. I was able to extinguish the (stereotypically Asian) habit of handwashing, then using the dishwasher as a drying rack,. So at least it’s easier to clean up.

Put the shoe rack in the garage

Put the shoe rack in the garage
Or park in the laundry room.

Hopefully you napped on the floor of the laundry room.
I couldn't, there was a shoe rack in the way.

that car that is more important than all of us and has to idle in front of the store for 15 minutes, ensuring us peasants can’t access the entry.
The one where the guy drops his wife or whomever at the door the pulls into the fire lane to wait for her?

IMO, No. The guy who parks his car there and goes into the store. Those people are jerks.

The guy idling in the fire lane is questionable but he’s available to move the car as needed. As long as he isn’t parked in the crosswalk/handicapped ramp section of the curb he gets a temporary pass.

that car that is more important than all of us and has to idle in front of the store for 15 minutes, ensuring us peasants can’t access the entry.
The one where the guy drops his wife or whomever at the door the pulls into the fire lane to wait for her?

IMO, No. The guy who parks his car there and goes into the store. Those people are jerks.

The guy idling in the fire lane is questionable but he’s available to move the car as needed. As long as he isn’t parked in the crosswalk/handicapped ramp section of the curb he gets a temporary pass.
In theory but these dills just usually sit there in the narrowest of areas and clog up the parking lot......

In theory but these dills just usually sit there in the narrowest of areas and clog up the parking lot......

Agreed. it’s certainly pet peeve worthy.

*** APPROVED !!! ***

then made eggs for the other two kids in a different skillet. Out of laziness, it'd be nice not to have so many dishes to wash
Make the non-meat eating kids do their own dishes and wash the ones you had to get out just for them. That may put an end to it at some point.

Eh....my cast iron skillets need the tender loving care of a man who doesn't have much in the way of prized material possessions. I don't want them anywhere near my skillets at dish time. Plus, even though I continue to enjoy the dead fat rendering of swine, I'm supportive of the family members who have opted not to partake in the flesh. They'll be healthier and live longer, which isn't a goal I have set for myself.

the way my dog waits until she hears me start a meeting call to wander over to either the backdoor to be let out (she barks) or to spend 11 minutes straight slurping water from her bowl until i let her out makes me insane

the way my dog waits until she hears me start a meeting call to wander over to either the backdoor to be let out (she barks) or to spend 11 minutes straight slurping water from her bowl until i let her out makes me insane
i will allow this only if the 11 minutes of slurping is followed by 1 minute of throwing up the water into a gooey translucent pile of bile that you later step on with a sock.

i will allow this only if the 11 minutes of slurping is followed by 1 minute of throwing up the water into a gooey translucent pile of bile that you later step on with a sock.
the two go hand in hand

that's another of her tactics. if i don't let her out on time, she'll start retching and heaving so that i run to the door before she barfs everywhere. she has me trained well.

we have cats, too. if they don't get what they want either they knock something off a counter, chew on plastic cords/bags/toys or piss on any piece of clothing left on the floor. pretty effective way to get what they want.

ring ring ring

Hello?

Hey i was wondering if we should X

Sorry I can't talk right now, I'll call you later.

WHY DID YOU BOTHER ANSWERING THE PHONE@$#@$#

ring ring ring

Hello?

Hey i was wondering if we should X

Sorry I can't talk right now, I'll call you later.

WHY DID YOU BOTHER ANSWERING THE PHONE@$#@$#
That's on you, buddy
Or are you the caller? Then that's not on you
I'm the caller .. I don't know how many times someone answers and says sorry can't talk right now. If you call me and I can't talk guess what? I don't answer the phone

Users who are viewing this thread