What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dump Your Random Rant/Frustration Here Since You Can't Tell Anyone Else (1 Viewer)

Probably doesn't belong in this thread because I complain about this to everyone who will listen, but I hate being added to an email chain with the only text being: FYI

How about a 1 sentence synopsis of why I am being added to prevent me from scrolling through the previous 2 weeks worth of the email chain just to find out the email doesn't pertain directly to me, but I was included based on some large distribution list :hot:

Probably doesn't belong in this thread because I complain about this to everyone who will listen, but I hate being added to an email chain with the only text being: FYI

How about a 1 sentence synopsis of why I am being added to prevent me from scrolling through the previous 2 weeks worth of the email chain just to find out the email doesn't pertain directly to me, but I was included based on some large distribution list :hot:
I'm guilty of this, I'm afraid. Then again it's usually not 2 weeks' worth of an email chain, usually just forwarding someone else's initial email w/ a document, for instance.

Just buy another house. With 2 laundry rooms and 6 mud rooms.
While I like to think I make FBG money, I don't make Chet money.

And, even so, I'd bet another house I don't get one of those six mudrooms to myself (or, if I did, it would be poorly situated and wouldn't accomplish my simple desire to just be able to literally walk out my back door with my clubs on my pushcart and onto the course without issue).

1st world problems, man.

So if you are a member why not leave your stuff in your locker......

Now we're getting somewhere LOL
Because I play other courses (so I need my clubs immediately available often enough) and I live about 325 yards down the right side of the first hole and like to have my putter and wedge available to go chip and putt in the evenings without having to go up to the clubhouse first.

Plus I'd then have to pay for a locker/storage area for my pushcart when I bought the damn house with the thought that I wouldn't need to because the mud room is freaking perfectly set up to accomplish exactly what I need. 😡

Last edited:
And by "my mud room" I mean the room, like all others in the house, that doesn't belong to me at all but instead belongs to my wife.

Safelite can SAD. Had an appointment window today from 8 to 12 only to have them reschedule at 10:30 am to tomorrow. Of course I made plans to work from home today in order to be here for them and I have to go in the office tomorrow. When I called the Safelite customer service, they say "Oh yeah, we've been having a hard time getting hold of that shop."

Now, my cracked windshield will stay cracked until Tuesday.

Safelite can SAD.

Safelite can SAD. Had an appointment window today from 8 to 12 only to have them reschedule at 10:30 am to tomorrow. Of course I made plans to work from home today in order to be here for them and I have to go in the office tomorrow. When I called the Safelite customer service, they say "Oh yeah, we've been having a hard time getting hold of that shop."

Safelite can SAD.
I use them once and had no issues except they weren't OEM windshields

Real golfer would have two sets of clubs just for these occasions
Real golfer gets perfectly fit down to the spining and specs of each individual club and would never carry two sets due to possible variance (unless he or she has Chet money and can ensure the sets are truly identical).

Real golfer would have two sets of clubs just for these occasions
Real golfer gets perfectly fit down to the spining and specs of each individual club and would never carry two sets due to possible variance (unless he or she has Chet money and can ensure the sets are truly identical).
I mean, doesn't everyone buy two sets after they get fitted? Just in case something happens to a club and it gets damaged

Carry your clubs? #nocart
Pushcart. I find it's a happy medium where it's still very much exercise but I still have enough energy in my back to hit the draw slinger needed on 18 at my course.

Can the pushcart be left outside?
Eh, I mean, yeah... but the weather (we get monsoons pretty frequently in the summer) isn't great for it and will deteriorate it over time. Plus my wife won't love that it's there for aesthetic reasons.

Again, we're talking real first world problems here and I ranted because the situation really likely is now that this cart has its "spot" in the garage that inconveniences me.

I appreciate all the troubleshooting, I really do. But, I thought this was just the ranting thread...
The place is called FootballGUYS, after all. We're not capable of just listening, and just want to solve the problem.

If this were FootballGALS, we would all just let you rant and express our disbelief that she doesn't appreciate how hard you work just to have a tiny place for your cart.

Anyway I suggest buying a golf cart that is literally just to drive you and clubs from the garage, around the house, to the preferred push cart launching point. Or maybe a side-by-side Gator or something. So many other uses for both too. Never really known anyone to regret having a golf cart or side-by-side for the house.

If you can afford 2 laundry rooms, there's no reason not to have a $10,000 vehicle just for driving around your yard.

f*****g neighbors a coupla doors down - three SUVs, and no place to park them ... but, when they DO find daylight, they constantly take up two effin' spots - inconsiderate mutha jumpas - p's o s

why does this bother me, what with my lovely urban driveway/garage/zoned spot?

because the twitwaffles leave just enough room to let people think they can clear my driveway - and nobody's gonna fit here without violating the white box (i also have a traffic cone out there)

f****** people STILL don't give a chit, and will park there at will ... now, if ONLY the three car family would've pulled their vehicle up just two more effin' feet, there'd be room to squeeze in without impeding my space.

oh, there will be tickets tonite.

perhaps a hook 🪝 for good measure - friggin' had it with these d-nozzles.

🤘

Neighborhood kids leave their stuff EVERYWHERE. Now that it's nice out it's insane. I move between remembering my childhood and laughing and being a 50 year old homeowner who very much wants people off my lawn a decent amount of time.

We do Breakfast for Dinner about once a month. Kids love it. I make a Vanilla Dutch Baby pancake and let them blast it with whip cream and sprinkles.

Wife is vegan. 2 of the 3 littles are vegetarian. My favorite child who isn't off to college LOVES bacon, so he is my excuse to pollute my body with delicious hog once a month.

All 3 kids eat scrambled eggs. As do I.

I like to minimize dishes and use the same skillet I fry bacon in with the scrambled eggs. I remove most of the grease but leave a little to cook the eggs in.

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO BUSTED ME DOING THIS AND THREW A GASKET LAST NIGHT!!!1111

So.....I can serve the vegetarian kids eggs with cheese but I can't cook the eggs in bacon grease? Jesus, pick a lane.

We do Breakfast for Dinner about once a month. Kids love it. I make a Vanilla Dutch Baby pancake and let them blast it with whip cream and sprinkles.

Wife is vegan. 2 of the 3 littles are vegetarian. My favorite child who isn't off to college LOVES bacon, so he is my excuse to pollute my body with delicious hog once a month.

I like to minimize dishes and use the same skillet I fry bacon in with the scrambled eggs. I remove most of the grease but leave a little to cook the eggs in.

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO BUSTED ME DOING THIS AND THREW A GASKET LAST NIGHT!!!1111

So.....I can serve the vegetarian kids eggs with cheese but I can't cook the eggs in bacon grease? Jesus, pick a lane.
I guess I don't follow. Did they have to kill the cow to get the milk for the cheese? Did the chicken die laying the eggs?

I guess I don't follow. Did they have to kill the cow to get the milk for the cheese? Did the chicken die laying the eggs?

Have you seen what they do to mother cows to make the milk to make the cheese? Because I have. It's cruel and inhumane.

Have you seen what they do to mother cows to make the milk to make the cheese? Because I have. It's cruel and inhumane.
It's pretty much impossible to live in this system without sponsoring cruelty of all sorts. Have to draw a line somewhere. Plus there are approved farms/producers that are at least labeled as "cruelty free". There are ways to consume cheese more humanely. No way to eat a humane slice of bacon.

It's pretty much impossible to live in this system without sponsoring cruelty of all sorts. Have to draw a line somewhere. Plus there are approved farms/producers that are at least labeled as "cruelty free". There are ways to consume cheese more humanely. No way to eat a humane slice of bacon.

That very well may be, but that's not how we are buying our eggs or cheese in this household.

That very well may be, but that's not how we are buying our eggs or cheese in this household.
I just don't like whataboutism. Whether it is politics or otherwise. We shouldn't use imperfections prevent us from enacting any positive changes.

I just don't like whataboutism. Whether it is politics or otherwise. We shouldn't use imperfections prevent us from enacting any positive changes.

I'm all for positive change but please, try and have some consistency in thought.

I'm in a thread titled "Dump your random frustration" - there is mine. Not sure you're encouraging others to share by being rude to somebody who tried.

I'm all for positive change but please, try and have some consistency in thought.

I'm in a thread titled "Dump your random frustration" - there is mine. Not sure you're encouraging others to share by being rude to somebody who tried.
That's fair. I will bow out. Vent away. I get your point.

In act of civil disobedience, I have folded the pushcart up and put it in the corner in the mud room. It's not in the way of the washing machine. It's not ideal, but it's at least less work.

We'll see if she notices and if I'm never heard from again, you'll know why...
I will say a prayer for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
My wife just quit her job without having another one lined up. She has been pretty miserable, but has been trying to make it work. I’m being supportive on the outside but raging on the inside. She just started a couple of months ago, and in the transition from her old job already cost us $3k. We cannot sustain a 1 income household. Neat.

In act of civil disobedience, I have folded the pushcart up and put it in the corner in the mud room. It's not in the way of the washing machine. It's not ideal, but it's at least less work.

We'll see if she notices and if I'm never heard from again, you'll know why...
Thataboy

I think I have one for this thread.

My home office is converted off the back patio and is the main egress to the backyard. This is fine. I also like to keep a small notepad and pen on my desk. This pad and pen are on the side of my desk closest to the egress path. Just the way it is.

If I don't put the pen and notepad away when I stop working EVERY SINGLE F-ING DAY, they will end up all over the F-ING house!

I know how it happens, but according to the other members of my house the pad and pen just walk away on their own. This is not a hill I'm willing to die on, but it is very annoying.

Safelite can SAD.
I use them once and had no issues except they weren't OEM windshields
Frustrated me when I lost my jeep Easter egg on my OEM windshield :angry:

Invariably, there are one of three things happening (or sometimes a combo) when I go to do a load of laundry, be it mine or my kids (wife and I split that task typically).

1. There are some clothes laying on the washer, either being soaked with Spray n' Wash or just air drying

2. There's about 1/4 - 1/3 of a load ready to be washed just sitting in the washer

3. There's clothes ready to be taken out of the dryer, which have obviously been there quite some time.

So, in order for me to start laundry I must:

1. Take clothes off washer and/or figure out if Spray n' Washed clothes are ready to be washed

2. Split my load of laundry (I almost always time my own laundry to be exactly one load) into two, since there's already clothes ready to be washed

3. Take the clothes out of the dryer and figure what goes where.

:help:
MoP does almost ALL the laundry including every stitch I own, all the sheets, all the towels, all the Mrs filthy undergarments, the only thing i don't touch are Mrs' work clothes since some of them MUST go to Dry Cleaning. I found out a long time ago it was much easier for me to do it myself.

Rule #1-You must pour the detergent in ahead of time with the water and allow for it to mix about halfway to 3/4 full and then put in your clothes. I have a Maytag workhorse from about 1997 and I am expecting it to bite the bullet any time even though it still works and cleans clothes better than most modern machines.

Rule #2-DO NOT OVERSTUFF the WASHER! My wife's failure in this department has led to me taking over almost all the laundry duties. If I'm making a cup of coffee, I got time to throw in a load, can do several during sporting events on live TV, easy chore to do on a variety of Podcasts I like from Bill Maher to Bill Burr. Always time to do another load of laundry. DO NOT OVERSTUFF the WASHER, clothes don't get clean and you will break the machine, I read about it when I was a kid somewhere.

Rule #3-Do Not DRY most of your good shirts. If anything you dry them maybe 5 minutes, 10 max and then pop them as you remove them from the dryer allowing them to air dry the rest of the way. Most of my good shirts or even t-shirts I simply want to get more life out of, I hardly ever let them dry on high for 30-45 minutes, total suicide if it's a special shirt you like.

Last edited:
Invariably, there are one of three things happening (or sometimes a combo) when I go to do a load of laundry, be it mine or my kids (wife and I split that task typically).

1. There are some clothes laying on the washer, either being soaked with Spray n' Wash or just air drying

2. There's about 1/4 - 1/3 of a load ready to be washed just sitting in the washer

3. There's clothes ready to be taken out of the dryer, which have obviously been there quite some time.

1. Take clothes off washer and/or figure out if Spray n' Washed clothes are ready to be washed

2. Split my load of laundry (I almost always time my own laundry to be exactly one load) into two, since there's already clothes ready to be washed

MoP does almost ALL the laundry including every stitch I won, all the sheets, all the towels, all the Mrs filthy undergarments, the only thing i don't touch are Mrs' work clothes since some of them MUST go to Dry Cleaning. I found out a long time ago it was much easier for me to do it myself.

Rule #1-You must pour the detergent in ahead of time with the water and allow for it to mix about halfway to 3/4 full and then put in your clothes. I have a Maytag workhorse from about 1997 and I am expecting it to bite the bullet any time even though it still works and cleans clothes better than most modern machines.

Rule #2-DO NOT OVERSTUFF the WASHER! My wife's failure in this department has led to me taking over almost all the laundry duties. If I'm making a cup of coffee, I got time to throw in a load, can do several during sporting events on live TV, easy chore to do on a variety of Podcasts I like from Bill Maher to Bill Burr. Always time to do another load of laundry o DO NOT OVERSTUFF the WASHER, clothes don't get clean and you will break the machine, I read about it when i was a kid somewhere.

Rule #3-Do Not DRY most of your good shirts. If anything you dry them maybe 5 minutes, 10 max and then pop them as you remove them from the dryer allowing them to air dry the rest of the way. Most of my good shirts or even t-shirts I simply want to get more life out of, I hardly ever let them dry on high for 30-45 minutes, total suicide if it's a special shirt you like.
You are my spirit animal.

MoP does almost ALL the laundry including every stitch I own.....

Well yeah, I should hope so after you screamed at her for losing your Tommy Bahama's in a fire that wasn't her fault! ;)

I think I have one for this thread.

My home office is converted off the back patio and is the main egress to the backyard. This is fine. I also like to keep a small notepad and pen on my desk. This pad and pen are on the side of my desk closest to the egress path. Just the way it is.

If I don't put the pen and notepad away when I stop working EVERY SINGLE F-ING DAY, they will end up all over the F-ING house!

I know how it happens, but according to the other members of my house the pad and pen just walk away on their own. This is not a hill I'm willing to die on, but it is very annoying.
Sounds like every tool I have hanging in it's designated spot on the wall above my workbench.

That then disappear and I'm pretty sure THIS GUY didn't use it because THIS GUY hangs it up when he is done.

:wall:

Sounds like every tool I have hanging in it's designated spot on the wall above my workbench.

That then disappear and I'm pretty sure THIS GUY didn't use it because THIS GUY hangs it up when he is done.

:wall:
Happens at my house too. Though not as often as I'm the only one that normally uses tools.

My wife just quit her job without having another one lined up. She has been pretty miserable, but has been trying to make it work. I’m being supportive on the outside but raging on the inside. She just started a couple of months ago, and in the transition from her old job already cost us $3k. We cannot sustain a 1 income household. Neat.
Good luck! I hope it works out and your wife finds a job she loves.

Nothing as of this morning. However, I noticed on my way out the door for work that it’s laundry day. So, she's going to be in that room a lot and will likely notice. With that in mind:

-130 odds that it’s either moved or I’m told to move it when I get home and that we “agreed” it goes in the garage.

+150 it’s still there and nothing is said about it (in which case an unspoken agreement/compromise has been struck that it can go in the mud room but I better fold it up and put it away like this every time).

+ 350 it’s still there and she tells me it’s totally fine to leave it there indefinitely provided it stays in that spot and I fold it up immediately every time.

+ 100000 all my stuff is in the yard and she’s filed for divorce.

+10000000000/\100th power that she tells me she realized she was being unreasonable and I’m free to store my bag and pushcart as was in the mud room.

Note: This morning I agreed to do something that’s both expensive and involves me having to significantly interact with her annoying friend so my odds above are a bit “better” than they would normally be due to this recent good will I accrued.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread