What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dump Your Random Rant/Frustration Here Since You Can't Tell Anyone Else (1 Viewer)

Invariably, there are one of three things happening (or sometimes a combo) when I go to do a load of laundry, be it mine or my kids (wife and I split that task typically).

1. There are some clothes laying on the washer, either being soaked with Spray n' Wash or just air drying

2. There's about 1/4 - 1/3 of a load ready to be washed just sitting in the washer

3. There's clothes ready to be taken out of the dryer, which have obviously been there quite some time.

So, in order for me to start laundry I must:

1. Take clothes off washer and/or figure out if Spray n' Washed clothes are ready to be washed

2. Split my load of laundry (I almost always time my own laundry to be exactly one load) into two, since there's already clothes ready to be washed

3. Take the clothes out of the dryer and figure what goes where.

:help:
MoP does almost ALL the laundry including every stitch I own.....

Well yeah, I should hope so after you screamed at her for losing your Tommy Bahama's in a fire that wasn't her fault! ;)
She could walk them across the street to the usual cleaners but grabs a coupon for a place next to Drebin's Mongolian BBQ spot and the place erupts in fire and burns to the ground overnight along with all my shirts, she didn't just grab 2-3, she had to take 10 of them in at the same time.

"I wonder where all these fire trucks are screaming towards at 2 in the morning, honey"
-she rolls over and whispers...
"Shhh, just go back to sleep, why do you care?"

Took a trip with my wife this weekend. She politely offered for us to take her vehicle as there was a chance of rain in the afternoon and we didn't want our bags to get wet in the bed of my truck. I explained that I had just filled up my tank and asked if she had enough gas for us to get there and back. She confidently said "yes" of course. I get in the driver's seat, peek at the fuel gauge, and head directly to the gas station before getting on the Interstate. She didn't offer to pay.

I know that many couples do this but my wife and I don't have separate accounts. All money that comes in goes into our checking account and there is no concept of me paying or she paying -- it is always we that are paying.

Took a trip with my wife this weekend. She politely offered for us to take her vehicle as there was a chance of rain in the afternoon and we didn't want our bags to get wet in the bed of my truck. I explained that I had just filled up my tank and asked if she had enough gas for us to get there and back. She confidently said "yes" of course. I get in the driver's seat, peek at the fuel gauge, and head directly to the gas station before getting on the Interstate. She didn't offer to pay.

I know that many couples do this but my wife and I don't have separate accounts. All money that comes in goes into our checking account and there is no concept of me paying or she paying -- it is always we that are paying.
Yeah same here. I get that separating the accounts work for many couples, But 99% of the time we're on the same page and it's examples like Grahamburn's above that would bother me too that aren't even worth it to me to put in play. Plus I generate all the income so, what, she'd get an allowance or something?

The place is called FootballGUYS, after all. We're not capable of just listening, and just want to solve the problem.

If this were FootballGALS, we would all just let you rant and express our disbelief that she doesn't appreciate how hard you work just to have a tiny place for your cart.
I remember when my wife and I got married. She wanted to do pre-marital counseling with a minister so I said OK. One of the things he said that I'll always remember is the minister saying:

"ChiefD, remember. Men are fixers. That's what we are programmed to do. But sometimes your spouse doesn't need you to fix anything. She just needs you to listen."

So now, almost 20 years later, when my wife starts complaining about something, I just stand there and nod like a dope. Until she says:

"WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING?!!???!

So I'll say:

"Is this listen time or fix time?"

Usually goes over well.

The place is called FootballGUYS, after all. We're not capable of just listening, and just want to solve the problem.

If this were FootballGALS, we would all just let you rant and express our disbelief that she doesn't appreciate how hard you work just to have a tiny place for your cart.
I remember when my wife and I got married. She wanted to do pre-marital counseling with a minister so I said OK. One of the things he said that I'll always remember is the minister saying:

"ChiefD, remember. Men are fixers. That's what we are programmed to do. But sometimes your spouse doesn't need you to fix anything. She just needs you to listen."

So now, almost 20 years later, when my wife starts complaining about something, I just stand there and nod like a dope. Until she says:

So I'll say:

Usually goes over well.
My wife never wants me to fix. Or speak.

So.....I can serve the vegetarian kids eggs with cheese but I can't cook the eggs in bacon grease? Jesus, pick a lane.
I guess this comes down to the reason (and extent) for being vegetarian. But I agree it's not like you are crumbling up the actual bacon into bits and keeping it int he scrambled eggs for consumption. It's grease for christ's sake.

So.....I can serve the vegetarian kids eggs with cheese but I can't cook the eggs in bacon grease? Jesus, pick a lane.
I guess this comes down to the reason (and extent) for being vegetarian. But I agree it's not like you are crumbling up the actual bacon into bits and keeping it int he scrambled eggs for consumption. It's grease for christ's sake.

To be fair, this was really done out of laziness more than anything. Since I do 99% of the post-dinner dishes it's a pain to use so many different pans, skillets and utensils for something so easy as Breakfast For Dinner.

To be fair, this was really done out of laziness more than anything. Since I do 99% of the post-dinner dishes it's a pain to use so many different pans, skillets and utensils for something so easy as Breakfast For Dinner.
Lobster in their eggs next week

So I'll say:

Usually goes over well.
I do that all the time. As soon as she starts going into one of "those," conversations.

Am i listening so you can vent, or paying attention to find a solution.

Never had a problem with it.

I know it's one of those typical comedian rants, but it's so true... my wife does most of the cooking and I do most of the dishes. I feel like she takes advantage by using every pot/pan/utensil/dish to make a hamburger. Maddening at times...

people that actually buy dogs or cats. you know, there are shelters out there practically giving needy animals away, but you need a pure breed why? explain it to me like i’m 4.

We got a rescue mutt, but he cost close to $500. :shrug:
that is pricey for a shelter…..
Worth it, though. And more.

Oh, I agree. I didn't even want a dog, but I lost a coin flip to my wife. She didn't disclose what the "adoption fee" was until I was holding our 6 week old puppy and making faces at him. Neat trick, honey. :hot:

I know it's one of those typical comedian rants, but it's so true... my wife does most of the cooking and I do most of the dishes. I feel like she takes advantage by using every pot/pan/utensil/dish to make a hamburger. Maddening at times...
Sometimes I'm staring at the kitchen wondering how many dishes does it take to make a casserole?

Sometimes I'm staring at the kitchen wondering how many dishes does it take to make a casserole?
All of them

Nothing as of this morning. However, I noticed on my way out the door for work that it’s laundry day. So, she's going to be in that room a lot and will likely notice. With that in mind:

-130 odds that it’s either moved or I’m told to move it when I get home and that we “agreed” it goes in the garage.

+150 it’s still there and nothing is said about it (in which case an unspoken agreement/compromise has been struck that it can go in the mud room but I better fold it up and put it away like this every time).

+ 350 it’s still there and she tells me it’s totally fine to leave it there indefinitely provided it stays in that spot and I fold it up immediately every time.

+ 100000 all my stuff is in the yard and she’s filed for divorce.

+10000000000/\100th power that she tells me she realized she was being unreasonable and I’m free to store my bag and pushcart as was in the mud room.

Note: This morning I agreed to do something that’s both expensive and involves me having to significantly interact with her annoying friend so my odds above are a bit “better” than they would normally be due to this recent good will I accrued.
Welp, was gone for work all yesterday and just looked in the mud room this morning as I’m prepping my bag for a tournament today.

The inconspicuously placed pushcart has been replaced by a second shoe rack and is now in its horribly inconvenient “spot” in the garage. Nothing has been said and nothing probably will be said.

Contact your bookies for pay out on the -130.

Nothing as of this morning. However, I noticed on my way out the door for work that it’s laundry day. So, she's going to be in that room a lot and will likely notice. With that in mind:

-130 odds that it’s either moved or I’m told to move it when I get home and that we “agreed” it goes in the garage.

+150 it’s still there and nothing is said about it (in which case an unspoken agreement/compromise has been struck that it can go in the mud room but I better fold it up and put it away like this every time).

+ 350 it’s still there and she tells me it’s totally fine to leave it there indefinitely provided it stays in that spot and I fold it up immediately every time.

+10000000000/\100th power that she tells me she realized she was being unreasonable and I’m free to store my bag and pushcart as was in the mud room.

Note: This morning I agreed to do something that’s both expensive and involves me having to significantly interact with her annoying friend so my odds above are a bit “better” than they would normally be due to this recent good will I accrued.
Welp, was gone for work all yesterday and just looked in the mud room this morning as I’m prepping my bag for a tournament today.

The inconspicuously placed pushcart has been replaced by a second shoe rack and is now in its horribly inconvenient “spot” in the garage. Nothing has been said and nothing probably will be said.

I'm now officially "fighting" with my wife over who's right in Mudroom Gate. So, I hope you had a helluva piss, Arnold!!

Two words......teenage daughter

Attempted to take my youngest out to teach her how to drive for the first time. We didn’t make it out of the driveway before she lost her **** and stormed back inside to tell her mother what an awful person I am.

Note: She didn’t like the way the seat covers feel or sound so she started taking the seat cover off. I explained that we’re not going to do that right now and we can get a towel or sheet and that’s when she lost it.

But I’m the monster.

people that actually buy dogs or cats. you know, there are shelters out there practically giving needy animals away, but you need a pure breed why? explain it to me like i’m 4.

I bought a brittany spaniel when I was in my early 20's. I had an extreme amount of free time then and lived close to hunting, in southwest montana and north central wyoming. In a bad year i probably went bird hunting 20 times and some years I made it out as many as 40 times.

She hunted from 1 until she was 13 (and lived until 17). She had to have gone hunting 300 times.

I did not feel like i would have been able to get a dog naturally good at pointing/retrieving from a shelter and it was the first(and only) bird dog that I have trained. I needed all the help I could get.

I bought a brittany spaniel when I was in my early 20's. I had an extreme amount of free time then and lived close to hunting, in southwest montana and north central wyoming. In a bad year i probably went bird hunting 20 times and some years I made it out as many as 40 times.

She hunted from 1 until she was 13 (and lived until 17). She had to have gone hunting 300 times.

I did not feel like i would have been able to get a dog naturally good at pointing/retrieving from a shelter and it was the first(and only) bird dog that I have trained. I needed all the help I could get.

Exactly. Sometimes people are hoping for, or need something specific with a dog and a purebred often helps narrow the range of outcomes.

I've had several dogs from the shelter over the years. My current dog is an awesome mixed breed dog a homeless person asked me to take 8 years ago and she's great.

I've also had a few purebred dogs over the years.

All can be great. It's mostly on the owner to be good. In my opinion, that's way more important than trying to shame either side for their choices.

Last edited:
Attempted to take my youngest out to teach her how to drive for the first time. We didn’t make it out of the driveway before she lost her **** and stormed back inside to tell her mother what an awful person I am.

Note: She didn’t like the way the seat covers feel or sound so she started taking the seat cover off. I explained that we’re not going to do that right now and we can get a towel or sheet and that’s when she lost it.

But I’m the monster
I had several nerve wracking driving sessions, yelling included, with one of my daughters ... she said I drive like a grandmother, which is true, and she would drive like normal people who speed at yellow lights. Spent a few $$ on a package of 4 driving sessions in the instructor's car. Money well spent.

But I’m the monster
I had several nerve wracking driving sessions, yelling included, with one of my daughters ... she said I drive like a grandmother, which is true, and she would drive like normal people who speed at yellow lights. Spent a few $$ on a package of 4 driving sessions in the instructor's car. Money well spent.

This is solid advice. Kids listen to everyone except their parents.

So you get a dog that you can train fresh without any past bad habits or health issues in place (from a puppy mill, abuse, aggression, etc). I also know exactly what I’m getting in terms of things that would be important to me (no shedding, etc)

This is easy.

1) Shelter dogs aren't practically free. They're several hundred at least, as others have noted.
2) You don't really know what you're getting from a shelter animal.
3) Some people have a preference for a particular type of dog that isn't commonly found in shelters.

I've never owned a dog, or pet of any kind, since I was a young kid, but it's easy to see why a person might prefer to buy a purebreed.

Exactly. Sometimes people are hoping for, or need something specific with a dog and a purebred often helps narrow the range of outcomes.

I've had several dogs from the shelter over the years. My current dog is an awesome mixed breed dog a homeless person asked me to take 8 years ago and she's great.

I've also had a few purebred dogs over the years.

All can be great. It's mostly on the owner to be good. In my opinion, that's way more important than trying to shame either side for their choices.
While I would generally try to stick with dogs from the shelter, I get why people would do buy from a breeder and could see myself considering it.

As our absolutely amazing predominantly Doberman mix from the pound turns 13 (today), and we unfortunately have to accept that there will be a day when he's not here and what to do next.

Obviously, with all the things we love about him, a Doberman would be a consideration. And even a Dobie mix in a pound doesn't turn up much. And what very, very little I know about breed specific rescues, they seem like a pain to deal with (and they are spread out with not very many dogs).

Although, I have certainly seen the downside of trying to "replace" a beloved dog. They can't be replaced.

We got our first Golden Retriever when I had four young kids. It was after we'd had problems with an aggressive dog. I needed a dog that I felt gave me the best chance of being a dog great with little kids.

Sure, not every Golden Retriever is perfect, but I felt like my odds of having a non-aggressive big dog that would shrug off a toddler pulling it's tail were best with a Golden Retreiver so that's what we got. And he was fantastic.

We do Breakfast for Dinner about once a month. Kids love it. I make a Vanilla Dutch Baby pancake and let them blast it with whip cream and sprinkles.

Wife is vegan. 2 of the 3 littles are vegetarian. My favorite child who isn't off to college LOVES bacon, so he is my excuse to pollute my body with delicious hog once a month.

All 3 kids eat scrambled eggs. As do I.

I like to minimize dishes and use the same skillet I fry bacon in with the scrambled eggs. I remove most of the grease but leave a little to cook the eggs in.

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO BUSTED ME DOING THIS AND THREW A GASKET LAST NIGHT!!!1111

I guess I don't follow. Did they have to kill the cow to get the milk for the cheese? Did the chicken die laying the eggs?

Have you seen what they do to mother cows to make the milk to make the cheese? Because I have. It's cruel and inhumane.
It's pretty much impossible to live in this system without sponsoring cruelty of all sorts. Have to draw a line somewhere. Plus there are approved farms/producers that are at least labeled as "cruelty free". There are ways to consume cheese more humanely. No way to eat a humane slice of bacon.

That very well may be, but that's not how we are buying our eggs or cheese in this household.
I just don't like whataboutism. Whether it is politics or otherwise. We shouldn't use imperfections prevent us from enacting any positive changes.

I'm all for positive change but please, try and have some consistency in thought.

I'm in a thread titled "Dump your random frustration" - there is mine. Not sure you're encouraging others to share by being rude to somebody who tried.
I don't understand your gripe. The vegetarians drew the line at dairy and eggs. Not animal fat. Your wife went a little further, but it's not surprising any of them would object to bacon grease.

My wife and I have separate accounts, but don't worry about who pays, either. Everything is our money. Most bills are automated from my account, but any others are paid by whomever discovers them. And we pay for our individual credit cards.

The only shared account is auto insurance. Occasionally, we receive checks for overpayment, which are a PITA to deposit, because they require both signatures and people present at the bank. Granted, she kept her maiden name, so maybe that's part of it.

I don't understand your gripe. The vegetarians drew the line at dairy and eggs. Not animal fat. Your wife went a little further, but it's not surprising any of them would object to bacon grease.

First, it’s an anonymous message board thread about rants - dude fixes breakfast for the entire family (and his family is gigantic) and some little doofus (or maybe it was the wife - who cares). who has been a vegetarian for 5 minutes calls him out for using a little bacon grease. Don’t eat it if it’s the end of the world.

There's gotta be a way to escalate the passive aggression. Muddy golf shoes on the rack?

First, it’s an anonymous message board thread about rants - dude fixes breakfast for the entire family (and his family is gigantic) and some little doofus (or maybe it was the wife - who cares). who has been a vegetarian for 5 minutes calls him out for using a little bacon grease. Don’t eat it if it’s the end of the world.
That's fine and dandy, but presumably his family members chose their diets for a reason. Even though making a meal is a gracious offering, violating their preferences with undisclosed animal products isn't cool, and worthy of a complaint IMO.

If he let them know ahead of time he used bacon grease, then they could choose not to eat the eggs. And possibly make their own breakfast.

I just don't understand getting irritated in this situation, though it's certainly not a big deal.

Found my thread!

I've got an old high school buddy I stay in touch with (from my Bucks County, PA days) - it's phone only conversation (visted him two times and his dad at their pad in Beaufort, SC, circa-ish 15 years ago). He's a super good dude, but phone conversations make me want to stab my eyeballs out. He wants to reminisce about the same ****, every single conversation. It takes an hour to get from "Dude, I gotta run" to actual hangup.

I love him, but it's good to vent.

Thank you. Did I rant?

Last edited:

That's fine and dandy, but presumably his family members chose their diets for a reason. Even though making a meal is a gracious offering, violating their preferences with undisclosed animal products isn't cool, and worthy of a complaint IMO.

If he let them know ahead of time he used bacon grease, then they could choose not to eat the eggs. And possibly make their own breakfast.

I just don't understand getting irritated in this situation, though it's certainly not a big deal.

It’s a rant thread - not a let’s dissect things logically that bother you thread

O.K. The company I've been at for 10 years has a slight down year. The board of directors decide they are going to make the
same income as last year. Which means "a tightening of the belt", 2000 mid level administrative "layoffs" and other cost cuts.

Our HR person quit and does not get replaced. We have about 40 people in our building with high turnover.
What else? They replace our 4 inch wide toilet paper with 3 inch wide (and dispensers). The paper towels are
so low quality we now order them from Grainger. The 2nd shift person with the same duties as I do quits and
isn't getting replaced. Guess who picks up the slack?

If you know which company this is, please keep it to yourself. Some people hate us with a passion.

Vent without expecting solid advice. Got it.

Wife gets way too many UTIs. Not just even when we’ve been together recently but sometimes after that. Change of routine, diet, etc can cause it. So we’ve been traveling a bit these last few weeks, no time for together time and because of the upcoming travel we cut anything off a week before travel. So I was gone last week, she was gone Thursday to yesterday. We’ve talked, ready to have fun. Then she tells me today that she has another UTI :wall:
Seriously, everything else is great but man that gets frustrating.

Found my thread!

I've got an old high school buddy I stay in touch with (from my Bucks County, PA days) - it's phone only conversation (visted him two times and his dad at their pad in Beaufort, SC, circa-ish 15 years ago). He's a super good dude, but phone conversations make me want to stab my eyeballs out. He wants to reminisce about the same ****, every single conversation. It takes an hour to get from "Dude, I gotta run" to actual hangup.

Thank you. Did I rant?
🤷 sounds like my parents.

one of our neighbors is very wealthy and loves to hunt. he buys hunting dogs and spends obscene amounts of money to have them trained for like 6 months at doggy boarding school, basically.

the dog he has now could probably do calculus and pilot a 747.

our other neighbor is an older widower who really loves the neighbor's dog so she got the same breed but doesn't have the money to send hers off to training camp. the dog is dumb as a ****ing board. could be a character in a Sandler movie. barks at shadows and attacks the hose, dumb.

amazing what thousands of dollars in training can do.

one of our neighbors is very wealthy and loves to hunt. he buys hunting dogs and spends obscene amounts of money to have them trained for like 6 months at doggy boarding school, basically.

the dog he has now could probably do calculus and pilot a 747.

our other neighbor is an older widower who really loves the neighbor's dog so she got the same breed but doesn't have the money to send hers off to training camp. the dog is dumb as a ****ing board. could be a character in a Sandler movie. barks at shadows and attacks the hose, dumb.

amazing what thousands of dollars in training can do.

Send furleyWife to training. WALA

Wife gets way too many UTIs. Not just even when we’ve been together recently but sometimes after that. Change of routine, diet, etc can cause it. So we’ve been traveling a bit these last few weeks, no time for together time and because of the upcoming travel we cut anything off a week before travel. So I was gone last week, she was gone Thursday to yesterday. We’ve talked, ready to have fun. Then she tells me today that she has another UTI :wall:

Other activity not an option?

ETA - I feel your pain though - wife and I have been going through some illnesses and some other stuff and made us miss out several times.

Found my thread!

Thank you. Did I rant?
🤷 sounds like my parents.

Love my dad. It will be 20 years this August.

Love mom too.

I’ve got advice, but don’t want clutter the thread with useful information. PM if you like.

It’s a rant thread - not a let’s dissect things logically that bother you thread
Fair enough. Resume baseless ranting.

I’ll tell you at least one reason why:

My son and daughter in law got a dog from their shelter with an estimated max weight of 35-40lbs. That dog is now 85lbs. They love him but are limited on apartments, etc.

My other son went to a breeder and met both dad and mom of his pup. That dog is now the weight and size he was expecting and wanting.

Other activity not an option?

ETA - I feel your pain though - wife and I have been going through some illnesses and some other stuff and made us miss out several times.
Of course it could be. But that requires both parties interest.b and it isn’t really fair to her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread