What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dump Your Random Rant/Frustration Here Since You Can't Tell Anyone Else (1 Viewer)

In the spirit of the OP, my wife decided just this past weekend, after we've lived in our home for nearly one year and I've been using the mud room for this reason, that our "mud room" is no longer the acceptable place for me to store my golf pushcart.

Now, I want to put this into context. After working my butt off for ~3 years churning out unsustainable work hours so we can save up to buy our "forever home" or "dream home" or whatever you want to call it, a home came on the market last summer that checked all the boxes and we bought it. It's on the first hole of my golf course and a huge reason why I agreed to pull the trigger on the home (even though it was probably a bit earlier than ideal to purchase a home for us) is because the location is perfect and I plan on walking to the first box from the back of my home for the next 40 years. When I saw the home for the first time, I commented that the mud room would be perfect for my clubs and my pushcart since it spills out to the backyard and to the hole. It's also, of course, perfect, because as the name implies it's just a concrete floor so a little mud from the pushcart wheels won't be a big deal yet it's an air controlled room so it's safe to store my clubs (which weren't cheap and are probably my favorite material possession).

Well, this past weekend, when apparently the cart got in my wife's way because the mud room also has a washer and dryer set (note: we do also have a second laundry room) it was declared that the mud room is no longer a suitable place for said pushcart (clubs are still okay) and, instead, I'm apparently supposed to take my clubs off at the back patio, schlep the cart through the main living area of the home without getting anything dirty, and put the cart in a specified spot on the far side of the garage. My pleas for this being a lot of extra work for me and increasing the likelihood that mud gets through the house went unanswered and, notably, this change was declared on my 40th birthday. This also pretty much seals the deal that I have absolutely no spot that is "mine" in this very large home that I worked very hard for us to be able to purchase. To be clear, my wife works/worked very hard as well to support our family and I take no qualms with the notion that she is in charge of like 98% of the home and my designated "football watching spot" was almost immediately engulfed in the vortex that is my children's play areas or that my "room" for all my clothes and stuff - which is a separate spare bedroom which we will combine with our current bedroom eventually to make a legit master bedroom - was almost immediately taken over by my 5 year and/or whichever kid is sick so they can sleep nearer to us.

Ranting here because this issue is wholly resolved at home and me re-raising the issue will not end well for me. But, dammit, I'm going to be pissed the first time I get yelled out for inadvertently getting mud in the house as I walk through carrying the damn cart even though there's an absolute perfect sport for it in a room that may have even been designed for this exact purpose.

In the spirit of the OP, my wife decided just this past weekend, after we've lived in our home for nearly one year and I've been using the mud room for this reason, that our "mud room" is no longer the acceptable place for me to store my golf pushcart.

Now, I want to put this into context. After working my butt off for ~3 years churning out unsustainable work hours so we can save up to buy our "forever home" or "dream home" or whatever you want to call it, a home came on the market last summer that checked all the boxes and we bought it. It's on the first hole of my golf course and a huge reason why I agreed to pull the trigger on the home (even though it was probably a bit earlier than ideal to purchase a home for us) is because the location is perfect and I plan on walking to the first box from the back of my home for the next 40 years. When I saw the home for the first time, I commented that the mud room would be perfect for my clubs and my pushcart since it spills out to the backyard and to the hole. It's also, of course, perfect, because as the name implies it's just a concrete floor so a little mud from the pushcart wheels won't be a big deal yet it's an air controlled room so it's safe to store my clubs (which weren't cheap and are probably my favorite material possession).

Well, this past weekend, when apparently the cart got in my wife's way because the mud room also has a washer and dryer set (note: we do also have a second laundry room) it was declared that the mud room is no longer a suitable place for said pushcart (clubs are still okay) and, instead, I'm apparently supposed to take my clubs off at the back patio, schlep the cart through the main living area of the home without getting anything dirty, and put the cart in a specified spot on the far side of the garage. My pleas for this being a lot of extra work for me and increasing the likelihood that mud gets through the house went unanswered and, notably, this change was declared on my 40th birthday. This also pretty much seals the deal that I have absolutely no spot that is "mine" in this very large home that I worked very hard for us to be able to purchase. To be clear, my wife works/worked very hard as well to support our family and I take no qualms with the notion that she is in charge of like 98% of the home and my designated "football watching spot" was almost immediately engulfed in the vortex that is my children's play areas or that my "room" for all my clothes and stuff - which is a separate spare bedroom which we will combine with our current bedroom eventually to make a legit master bedroom - was almost immediately taken over by my 5 year and/or whichever kid is sick so they can sleep nearer to us.

Ranting here because this issue is wholly resolved at home and me re-raising the issue will not end well for me. But, dammit, I'm going to be pissed the first time I get yelled out for inadvertently getting mud in the house as I walk through carrying the damn cart even though there's an absolute perfect sport for it in a room that may have even been designed for this exact purpose.
Jesus christ grow a ****in sack
You're not married are you.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

Been married 19 years. There's things I give in to and things I man up about. It's a ****in mud room. There's zero reason to give in to this one.

Well, this past weekend, when apparently the cart got in my wife's way

Needs more explanation - stuff gets in peoples way all the time - I don't agree with going nuclear like shady but this would be a negotiation for sure and not just this is how things are.
Good point. Left out probably a couple of pertinent details:

1. We had a lot of snow this year so the pushcart was in the garage for probably 4 months without complaint from me because I only used the cart when I'd travel to warmer areas to play.
2. While my course has been open for about a month, the first couple of weeks I was out of town for work or other various reasons so the pushcart has only been back in the mud room for a couple of weeks now in its usual capacity.
3. She rearranged the mud room the day she declared it no longer suitable for the mud room. Due to the rearrangement, it probably does kind of get in the way.

So, she probably got accustomed to the cart being in the garage and adjusted to the space.

Last edited:

Been married 19 years. There's things I give in to and things I man up about. It's a ****in mud room. There's zero reason to give in to this one.
Oh, but there is.

We've been married over ten years now and in the time I don't believe I've done a single load of laundry. Additionally, we have 4 kids under 9 years old. With that in mind, and with keeping in mind that I work 60+ hours per week on average, she's still pretty cool with me playing a lot of golf. Like 45 holes per week at least and multiple tournaments per month.

So, yeah, while I want to "man up" here, I still am uncertain whether this is the hill to die on. I push too hard and all of a sudden that is my room where I get to do all my laundry instead of playing so much golf in my free time.

Last edited:

Oh, but there is.

We've been married over ten years now and in the time I don't believe I've done a single load of wash. Additionally, we have 4 kids under 9 years old. With that in mind, and with keeping in mind that I work 60+ hours per week on average, she's still pretty cool with me playing a lot of golf. Like 45 holes per week at least and multiple tournaments per month.

So, yeah, while I want to "man up" here, I still am uncertain whether this is the hill to die on. I push too hard and all of a sudden that is my room where I get to do all my laundry instead of playing so much golf in my free time.
Dang! Do you ever see your family?

@Zow can you build (or have built for you) a man-shed in the backyard? It would give you a place to keep the cart. I would also suggest power in it, so you can add a small fridge for beers. It would be your space.

the amount of people that dine out and spend their entire time staring at their phone baffles me. nothing better than going out to dinner with my sig other and spending 4x what i could at home to ignore you and stare at my phone.

Yeah, I always make it a point to put my phone away when I go out to dinner.

Oh, but there is.

We've been married over ten years now and in the time I don't believe I've done a single load of wash. Additionally, we have 4 kids under 9 years old. With that in mind, and with keeping in mind that I work 60+ hours per week on average, she's still pretty cool with me playing a lot of golf. Like 45 holes per week at least and multiple tournaments per month.

It's the key to a perfect marriage. Never be around each other.

so, been in italy for a bit and the weather has been nice many days, nice enough to want to dine outside (all’aperto); however, it is impossible since italy allows outside diners to smoke. of course, 123% of italians smoke, so you can’t sit and eat outside. you are forced inside and they don’t do climate control well.

Oh, but there is.

Haha yes, of course. My son is getting into golf and my wife actually plays with me on occasion as well.

But, I do very much recognize that the percentage of my free time I get to spend on my personal activities probably far exceeds the average married man with young kids. So, I gotta choose my battles wisely hence the rant in this thread.

@Zow can you build (or have built for you) a man-shed in the backyard? It would give you a place to keep the cart. I would also suggest power in it, so you can add a small fridge for beers. It would be your space.
Good idea, but can't due to the HOA rules.

Do you have a side door or anything for the garage where you can walk around the side of the house from the backyard and take your clubs in that way. And while you are in there open a cold beer from your garage fridge, flip on the TV hanging in there and watch a game?

Do you have a side door or anything for the garage where you can walk around the side of the house from the backyard and take your clubs in that way. And while you are in there open a cold beer from your garage fridge, flip on the TV hanging in there and watch a game?
No. We have the dog run set up there. Plus the other logistical problem is that the golf clubs, if I want them to stay in the house (which I do), need to go to the mud room anyway so either way I'm carrying something through the house each time.

Last edited:
He did until he screwed up where the fence should go

Oh, but there is.

Haha yes, of course. My son is getting into golf and my wife actually plays with me on occasion as well.

But, I do very much recognize that the percentage of my free time I get to spend on my personal activities probably far exceeds the average married man with young kids. So, I gotta choose my battles wisely hence the rant in this thread.
Enjoy it now, cuz with four kids ur golfing/free time is be cut down significantly as ur kids get older.

Oh, but there is.

Except he's out golfing while she's at home with 4 kids under 9 years old........I'd say better make sure ur wife gets her time as well.

Oh, but there is.

Except he's out golfing while she's at home with 4 kids under 9 years old........I'd say better make sure ur wife gets her time as well.
Which I do.

Which, again, is why I'm just ranting in this thread and not "manning up" on the pushcart issue at home.

At this stage in my life I'm no dummy.

He did until he screwed up where the fence should go
Oh you think I had a say in where that fence went? :lmao:

Why does the cart need to go through the house to the garage? Take cart to garage, take clubs to mud room?
Basically the garage is on the other side of the house and there's a logistical barrier to walking the pushcart and clubs around to the garage. Though, this may be the route to go because it's probably then easier carrying the clubs back through the house to the mud room.

Well, this past weekend, when apparently the cart got in my wife's way because the mud room also has a washer and dryer set
Tell her that you've thought it over, and she's right. As the woman of the house, the laundry room is her space and you'll keep out of it in the future.

Report back on how this goes.
:lmao:

See, that's the thing though - throughout our entire marriage I've literally stayed out of the laundry room! Here, I thought/assumed that second (or more accurately describe "real") laundry room would establish that the mud room is still communal. I thought and assumed wrong. But, I'm not dumb enough to jeopardize the expectation and understanding that I stay out of laundry rooms.

Why does the cart need to go through the house to the garage? Take cart to garage, take clubs to mud room?
Basically the garage is on the other side of the house and there's a logistical barrier to walking the pushcart and clubs around to the garage. Though, this may be the route to go because it's probably then easier carrying the clubs back through the house to the mud room.
:lmao: This is absolutely ridiculous

Needs more explanation - stuff gets in peoples way all the time - I don't agree with going nuclear like shady but this would be a negotiation for sure and not just this is how things are.

1. We had a lot of snow this year so the pushcart was in the garage for probably 4 months without complaint from me because I only used the cart when I'd travel to warmer areas to play.
2. While my course has been open for about a month, the first couple of weeks I was out of town for work or other various reasons so the pushcart has only been back in the mud room for a couple of weeks now in its usual capacity.
3. She rearranged the mud room the day she declared it no longer suitable for the mud room. Due to the rearrangement, it probably does kind of get in the way.

So, she probably got accustomed to the cart being in the garage and adjusted to the space.
Hang the cart on the wall. Problem solved

Hang the cart on the wall. Problem solved
Probably is still in her way.

the amount of people that dine out and spend their entire time staring at their phone baffles me. nothing better than going out to dinner with my sig other and spending 4x what i could at home to ignore you and stare at my phone.

Yeah, I always make it a point to put my phone away when I go out to dinner.

I like the people who put the phone face down next to their plate. Because it would be rude to leave it there face up, but if you put it face down and just check in every few minutes that's almost exactly like putting it away.

Can you get away with something like this?

We are going to need to see the blueprints.

But put it in the mud room

I appreciate all the troubleshooting, I really do. But, I thought this was just the ranting thread...
You must have missed the subtitle. It's in tiny font but it spells:

And advice from internet strangers that obviously know more about your marriage/life/etc than you do

I appreciate all the troubleshooting, I really do. But, I thought this was just the ranting thread...
You must have missed the subtitle. It's in tiny font but it spells:

And advice from internet strangers that obviously know more about your marriage/life/etc than you do
Well, yeah, and I assume this is in the posted message @Joe Bryant pins to the top of the page, too as this is an FFA norm.

My bad.

Last edited:

But put it in the mud room
Which is my first thought, too, because I want my clubs in an air conditioned setting!

Well, this past weekend, when apparently the cart got in my wife's way because the mud room also has a washer and dryer set
Tell her that you've thought it over, and she's right. As the woman of the house, the laundry room is her space and you'll keep out of it in the future.

See, that's the thing though - throughout our entire marriage I've literally stayed out of the laundry room! Here, I thought/assumed that second (or more accurately describe "real") laundry room would establish that the mud room is still communal. I thought and assumed wrong. But, I'm not dumb enough to jeopardize the expectation and understanding that I stay out of laundry rooms.
I get the rant. I had a similar one and have been married much longer than you. But yeah, this isn't the hill to die on.

All my current rants are lawyer ones and we have a thread for that.

I get the rant. I had a similar one and have been married much longer than you. But yeah, this isn't the hill to die on.

All my current rants are lawyer ones and we have a thread for that.
Fair. I added a doozy in there recently.

This should be renamed the first world problems thread

Users who are viewing this thread