What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2014 Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

Name 40 - Bench - Vert - Broad - 3-cone - 20yd S - 60yd S

Sankey 4.49 ~ 26 ~ 35.5 in. ~ 10'6" ~ 6.75 ~ 4.00 ~ --

Gio 4.53 ~ 19 ~ 33.5 ~ 10'2" ~ 6.91 ~ 4.12. ~ 11.41

Tre 4.50 ~ -- ~ 38.5 ~ 10'6" ~ -- ~ -- ~ --

Lache 4.51 ~ 15 ~ 41.5 ~ 11'2" ~ -- ~ -- ~ --

J. Hill 4.66 ~ 20 ~ 29 ~ 9'5" ~ -- ~ -- ~ --

I. Crowell 4.57 ~ 23 ~ 38 ~ 9'9" ~ -- ~ -- ~ --

M. Ball 4.66 ~ 15 ~ 32 ~ 9'10" ~ 6.88 ~ 4.40 ~ --

L. Bell 4.60 ~ 24 ~ 31.5 ~ 9'10" ~ 6.75 ~ 4.24 ~ --

Z. Stacy 4.55 ~ 27 ~ 33 ~ 10'2" ~ 6.70 ~ 4.17 ~ --

Lacy (DNP)

Knile 4.37 ~ 31 ~ 33.5 ~ 10'1" ~ 6.96 ~ 4.38 ~ --

Christine 4.54 ~ 27 ~ 43 ~ 10'5" ~ 6.69 ~ 4.02 ~ 11.56

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The above comparison shows a breakdown of the combine results for some of the top 2013/2014 RB prospects.While looking at one metric on its own may not be very useful. It is interesting when you look back at historical combine results to see how many of the successful NFL RBs that performed well in the 3-cone drill. There seems to be a decent correlation in performing well in that drill and having future NFL success. I did use the word decent as no comparison/correlation is perfect.

I'm a big believer in using data/analytics when you have access to meaningful data. The combine is probably the most meaningful data that football people (GMs/scouts/folks that like to pretend GM as a hobby-like many here) can get their hands on. NFL teams will use this data when making their decisions. I think it is a mistake to discount combine results, but I also think it is a mistake to ONLY rely on them to make decisions.
Thanks for the combine information above, that is very appreciated and useful info....... I am really warming up to Sankey, especially if he goes to a good situation.

Rotoworld:

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that seventeen QB coaches polled at the combine ranked Fresno State's Derek Carr over Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel.
"At last count at least 17 quarterback coaches polled at the combine rank Derek Carr over Johnny Manziel," Pauline wrote on Thursday. Our own Josh Norris has Johnny Manziel at No.27 and Derek Carr at No. 29, in his current rankings. Norris believes Manziel will be a top 10 pick, while Carr will most likely be the fourth QB off the board perhaps later in the first-round.

Source: TFY Draft Insider
Rotoworld:

Former NFL executive Greg Gabriel has heard that multiple NFL teams are "very quietly getting excited" about Fresno State QB Derek Carr.
Per Gabriel, Carr produced "strong interviews" during the Combine. This is not a surprise, as many have frequently stated how personable Carr is with coaches and teammates. He consistently stayed late during Senior Bowl practices to build a connection with his wide receivers. Carr's biggest issue is his tendency to throw from an unbalanced base, leading to inaccuracy.

Source: Greg Gabriel on Twitter

Fresno State QB Derek Carr will work with ex-Bucs OC Mike Sullivan ahead of his March 20 Pro Day.
It can't hurt. Carr didn't throw at the Combine last week. Sullivan spent the past two seasons as Tampa Bay's offensive coordinator. Prior to that, he was Eli Manning's QBs coach with the Giants. Carr has also worked with current Bucs OC Jeff Tedford recently. It's something to file away, as the Bucs reportedly aren't sold on Mike Glennon. Tampa Bay holds the Nos. 7 and 38 picks in the first two rounds of May's draft. Carr is projected to go somewhere in that range.

Related: Buccaneers

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Simms: Geno Smith better than any QB in the 2014 draft class

By Mike Huguenin

College Football 24/7 writer

Phil Simms never is shy about offering an opinion, and the CBS NFL analyst expressed a few Wednesday on this year's class of quarterback prospects to NFL.com columnist Adam Schein on SirusXM's Mad Dog Sports Radio.

The most interesting opinion: "I think if Geno Smith was in this draft class he would be the number one guy, without question."

Yes, Simms is saying that he thinks a quarterback who went in the second round in the 2013 draft is better than any quarterback in this draft. And remember that three quarterbacks -- Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, UCF's Blake Bortles and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel -- potentially could go in the top four in the '14 draft.

Not surprisingly, Simms -- who spent 14 seasons as the New York Giants' quarterback -- had thoughts on each of the top three. Here are some of those thoughts.

(Keep in mind that Simms admitted that "I haven't watched them on coaches' film." He also opined in October that "this 'unbelievable' quarterback class that is coming out -- it is not going to be unbelievable.")

On Manziel » "It would concern me, and a lot, that he ran a 4.68 at the combine. ... The 30-inch vertical jump? I know it's a vertical jump but, I hate to say it, it bothered me. I expected more explosion. If you're going to be a scrambling, move-around quarterback, I think that's a pretty important thing -- to be explosive and to do these things."» "The style of play? Does it worry me? Oh, sure it does. Because nobody can play that free and easy in the NFL."

» "The Russell Wilson comparison. ... Russell Wilson is more explosive. He's naturally bigger and stronger than Johnny Manziel. They're not even close in arm strength."
On Bortles » "He's probably the one I want to watch more than anybody. I saw Blake Bortles play, maybe, I'm going to say five games this year on TV. ... I just didn't think I was looking at potentially a top three or four pick in the draft. I just didn't see that."» "Yeah, of course, I liked his size [bortles measured 6-foot-5 and 232 pounds at the combine] and all that. ... At least you have that."

» "The arm from Blake Bortles -- I just don't see him as a, so far, maybe I didn't see it, got to couch it because I said some of these things about Andrew Luck, that I didn't see great throws when he was at Stanford. Boy, I see a lot of them now in the NFL, that's for sure. So he could be one of those guys."
On Bridgewater » "I have question marks about him, too. The arm. What is Teddy Bridgewater going to be? You tell me. What does he do that's going to drive him over the top in the NFL as we think of quarterbacks?"

» (asked to characterize Bridgewater's arm) "I'll characterize it, NFL, middle of the pack. ... Solid arm. When I say middle of it, I'm taking about all the quarterbacks in the NFL. It's just an average power arm or whatever." On the overall quarterback class » "I think this is a tough class to judge to say there is a true, without question, franchise quarterback ready to be drafted."

Mike Huguenin can be reached at mike.huguenin@nfl.com. You also can follow him on Twitter @MikeHuguenin.
remember when Simms said he'd quit if Ryan Mallett wasn't a top 10 player in the draft? That was a pleasant, albeit brief, fantasy.

Rotoworld:

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde compares to Houston Texan's RB Arian Foster.
"OSU RB Hyde's skill set similar to Arian Foster. Obviously size/power, but also lateral agility and body control to quickly get in/out of creases," McShay tweeted. Our own Josh Norris has compared Hyde to Zac Stacy and Frank Gore and believes he'll be the No. 1 senior running back selected.

Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Rotoworld:

When asked about WRs who project best to the slot, NFL Films' Greg Cosell said he believes LSU's Jarvis Landry will absolutely be a terrific player in the NFL.
"And I think the slot is where he will do most of his work," Cosell added. The respected NFL analyst then suggested names like Brandin Cooks and Josh Huff of Oregon. "There's plenty of guys in this draft that can fill that role." Our own Josh Norris thinks Landry could be this year's example of Andre Ellington, in terms of evaluators freaking out about Combine times and results while overlooking a quality player.

Source: ESPN
When asked about the Cleveland Browns need at WR, NFL Films' Greg Cosell said he would take Clemson's Sammy Watkins over any QB in this class.
"You know, they draft at four. And in my view, if he is there, I would take Sammy Watkins before I would take a quarterback," Cosell said on Colin Cowherd's show. "I think this is not a very good quarterback class, but I do think Sammy Watkins is that good." That last line is not a positive for teams with a quarterback need, as the NFL is coming off a somewhat down quarterback draft in 2013. Other reports have stated that the Browns want to draft Derek Carr with their second first-round pick.

Rotoworld:

Texas A&M WR Mike Evans improved nine spots in Mel Kiper's most recent big board, jumping from No. 15 to No. 6 overall.
"Evans put together an exceptional combine with great speed and leaping ability for a player his size," Kiper writes. "No player in the draft is better on contested throws, and every quarterback wants a target like this." The long time draft analyst believes Evans is now likely to land in the top 10 picks.

Rotoworld:

When asked about WRs who project best to the slot, NFL Films' Greg Cosell said he believes LSU's Jarvis Landry will absolutely be a terrific player in the NFL.
"And I think the slot is where he will do most of his work," Cosell added. The respected NFL analyst then suggested names like Brandin Cooks and Josh Huff of Oregon. "There's plenty of guys in this draft that can fill that role." Our own Josh Norris thinks Landry could be this year's example of Andre Ellington, in terms of evaluators freaking out about Combine times and results while overlooking a quality player.

:goodposting:

Rotoworld:

Most of you already know I've been a Landry backer for a long time. Man, 4.7 is hard to overlook though. I really hope he does better on his pro day. I really like this kid from his on field performance.

Rotoworld:

Most of you already know I've been a Landry backer for a long time. Man, 4.7 is hard to overlook though. I really hope he does better on his pro day. I really like this kid from his on field performance.
Meh, so he's not a speed demon, with his receiving and route running ability he doesn't have to be, especially when in an underneath role. Watching his highlights he looks fast enough. Would love to see him on the Patriots, and with Edelman being a FA and Amendola's inability to stay healthy I could see it happen too.

I don't understand why basically nobody is ranking Evans higher than Watkins. Evans ceiling is significantly higher and with his combination of size/speed/hands his floor is basically the same as Watkins if not higher as well. I'm not taking anything away from Watkins he looks legit but a smart team would draft Evans before Watkins. Watkins is going to end up with the Oakland or Jacksonville and Evans is going to go to St Louis or maybe Detroit. lololololol

I don't understand why basically nobody is ranking Evans higher than Watkins. Evans ceiling is significantly higher and with his combination of size/speed/hands his floor is basically the same as Watkins if not higher as well. I'm not taking anything away from Watkins he looks legit but a smart team would draft Evans before Watkins. Watkins is going to end up with the Oakland or Jacksonville and Evans is going to go to St Louis or maybe Detroit. lololololol
Ceiling is significantly higher? How's that? I can't agree with the floor either. Evans looked good in his underwear but he needs to show that speed in game. He's very stiff in pads and doesn't look like he'll handle the bigger / quicker CB's in the NFL IMO. He doesn't seperate all that well and he rarely ran anything other than fades/posts/corners with A&M and his floor (initially) is going to be lower than many of the other WR's coming out because of it. It's going to take some time for him to learn to play the position IMO especially in traffic being as big as he is and the little experience in that aspect he got at A&M. Not to mention, I can't get over how he disappeared in most of his big games against NFL caliber corners (most... save the Bama game).

It's clear you heavily weigh combine performance in your analysis and I get that (though may not agree with it). I just can't see how Evans has a higher ceiling and higher floor than Watkins. Evans is not a game changer like Watkins at this point... though I'm not saying he never will be. I think they both could become top 5 WR's in the NFL but Watkins is closer to being there now than Evans is and it's not close.

Ceiling is significantly higher? How's that?
He's nearly 6'5 231 pounds, runs a 4.5, what looks like borderline elite hands, 37 inch vert, insanely long arms. His ceiling is #1 WR in the NFL. I'm not saying he's a lock to get there (He's obviously not) but if he turns into an elite red zone target it won't take a bunch of catches and yards for him to be a top 5 WR every year for a long time. I see a little Jimmy Graham in him.

Watkins ceiling is not #1 WR in the NFL. I put his ceiling more in the 6-12 range. Watkins is a great player and I understand why people have him as their #1 WR in this draft. He's def in the conversation. I'm just surprised nobody out there has Evans as their #1.

He's nearly 6'5 231 pounds, runs a 4.5, what looks like borderline elite hands, 37 inch vert, insanely long arms. His ceiling is #1 WR in the NFL. I'm not saying he's a lock to get there (He's obviously not) but if he turns into an elite red zone target it won't take a bunch of catches and yards for him to be a top 5 WR every year for a long time. I see a little Jimmy Graham in him.

Watkins ceiling is not #1 WR in the NFL. I put his ceiling more in the 6-12 range. Watkins is a great player and I understand why people have him as their #1 WR in this draft. He's def in the conversation. I'm just surprised nobody out there has Evans as their #1.
They must be looking at other things than triangle numbers (height, weight and speed).

They must be looking at other things than triangle numbers (height, weight and speed).
Yeah I could understand this more if Evans tape was bad but it's not. Sure he struggled in some games but teams adjusted the way they played him. He averaged over 20 yards a catch. That's a pretty insane number.

Yeah I could understand this more if Evans tape was bad but it's not. Sure he struggled in some games but teams adjusted the way they played him. He averaged over 20 yards a catch. That's a pretty insane number.
There are certainly gradations and playing/skill nuances between good and bad.

I think Evans is deservedly the #2 WR in the class.

The point I was trying to make is that seemingly scouts think Watkins skill advantage tips the overall advantage in his favor, despite Evans height/weight advantage.

After re watching some Sankey tape I am sticking with my initial evaluation. Just a guy. Someone is going to be fooled by that workout, but he just gets what is given and sometimes not even that. Opportunity is most important for RB, so he has value, but lack of talent will catch up to him eventually.

After re watching some Sankey tape I am sticking with my initial evaluation. Just a guy. Someone is going to be fooled by that workout, but he just gets what is given and sometimes not even that. Opportunity is most important for RB, so he has value, but lack of talent will catch up to him eventually.
Yep.

He's nearly 6'5 231 pounds, runs a 4.5, what looks like borderline elite hands, 37 inch vert, insanely long arms. His ceiling is #1 WR in the NFL. I'm not saying he's a lock to get there (He's obviously not) but if he turns into an elite red zone target it won't take a bunch of catches and yards for him to be a top 5 WR every year for a long time. I see a little Jimmy Graham in him.Watkins ceiling is not #1 WR in the NFL. I put his ceiling more in the 6-12 range. Watkins is a great player and I understand why people have him as their #1 WR in this draft. He's def in the conversation. I'm just surprised nobody out there has Evans as their #1.
It's clear you watched the combine, because it seems to me all you talk about is measurables when discussing prospects. Can we talk about the game these prospects are going to play and how they play it?

Being big, having big hands, long arms, jumping kinda high, and running in a straight line fast does not make you an elite WR in the NFL.

Evans has a longer road to the elite level than Watkins, by a wide margin IMO.

MAC_32 said:
I agree that he doesn't have a lot of moves. Sankey won't make a lot of people miss. But in my opinion, he makes up for it with good vision and excellent acceleration so to hit the hole he finds. His instincts are sound; he knows when to put his head down and settle for 2 yards. He has good enough power to get some yards after contact. He can block well and catch passes.

I can't disagree too much about your 'just a guy' verdict for Sankey when compared to the elite running backs in the NFL. But I'd like to ask: who do you think is better than 'just a guy' from this class? You may have a few answers to this question, but I doubt you would bet the ranch on said player. On the other hand, I believe Sankey is a pretty safe selection as a plug in foundation back, albeit not spectacular. Just my two cents.

Time Kibitzer said:
jurb26 said:
Time Kibitzer said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

Meh, so he's not a speed demon, with his receiving and route running ability he doesn't have to be, especially when in an underneath role. Watching his highlights he looks fast enough. Would love to see him on the Patriots, and with Edelman being a FA and Amendola's inability to stay healthy I could see it happen too.
Boldin ran a 4.71 but played a lot faster, and was drafted in the second. I think Landry was previously viewed as a possible second or third round prospect, so with the depth of the class, he could drop to day three. Maybe he improves his time at the pro day (Boldin did to a 4.59, I think).

MAC_32 said:
I agree that he doesn't have a lot of moves. Sankey won't make a lot of people miss. But in my opinion, he makes up for it with good vision and excellent acceleration so to hit the hole he finds. His instincts are sound; he knows when to put his head down and settle for 2 yards. He has good enough power to get some yards after contact. He can block well and catch passes.

I can't disagree too much about your 'just a guy' verdict for Sankey when compared to the elite running backs in the NFL. But I'd like to ask: who do you think is better than 'just a guy' from this class? You may have a few answers to this question, but I doubt you would bet the ranch on said player. On the other hand, I believe Sankey is a pretty safe selection as a plug in foundation back, albeit not spectacular. Just my two cents.
i would bet on Hyde. If I can only select one other back then I wouldn't fault a team for drafting Sankey, but teams can draft multiple ones and some have room to roll the dice on a specialist or riskier guy with a higher ceiling, i.e. Crowell. He's exactly the type I would like as a backup, but if the choices are him for a second, Terrance West for a fifth, or Josey + Crowell in the sixth and the seventh Sankey is my last choice. Similar story with Tre Mason. Fourth round? Sure, but not a day two priority.

Sports Illustrated article pieces...

RB Bishop Sankey, Washington (59, 209) - He ran a better-than-expected 4.49 40-yard dash, did 26 reps on the bench press which was 2nd among running backs, and had the best times in both the 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle. If not for Jerick McKinnons ridiculous workout numbers, Sankey would have had the best combine workouts for RBs. When you combine his workouts with his smooth hands in the receiving drills and his production in college (1,870 yards, 20 TD), you have the #1 RB in this years draft class and a 2nd round lock.

------------------------

RB Charles Sims, West Virginia (60, 214) - Sims is a do-it-all back whose only question mark was his straight-line speed. His 40 (4.48) was a hair faster than Sankeys and the 6th best time among running backs. Sims was one of the best pass-blockers at the Senior Bowl and one of the best in the receiving drills at the combine. Hes a well-rounded back whose stock has skyrocketed this off-season. Its surprising that Sims is under the radar considering hes been compared to Matt Forte and DeMarco Murray by analysts this off-season.

------------------------

RB Isaiah Crowell, Alabama St (511, 224) - One of those red-flag guys (firearms, charges dropped) who bounced around to different schools; You might remember Crowell as the SEC freshman of the year at Georgia in 2011. This was an important combine for Crowell who has been hidden away at Alabama St the last two seasons. He has dominated (6.6 YPC, 15 TDs), but the SWAC isnt exactly loaded with NFL caliber talent. Crowell needed to show that he has NFL athleticism and that is exactly what he did. His 4.57 40-time was solid for a 224 pound back, he showed great strength with 23 bench reps, and good explosion with a 38″ vertical leap. If Crowell is mature enough to stay out of trouble, he could be a steal for some team willing to gamble on day 3.

I wish someone can explain the love for Troy Niklas. Why would an NFL team take him in the second round if he has inconsistent hands like he displayed at the combine?

Sankey seems like a poor man's Marshall Faulk. Would take him as 1st RB. Very interested to see where he gets drafted.

Sankey is a good runner, but people are overlooking a few negatives that I noticed watching him:

- only average initial burst

- too many fumbles

- terrible blocker

Sankey is a good runner, but people are overlooking a few negatives that I noticed watching him:

- too many fumbles

- terrible blocker
Of those concerns, 2 can be corrected rather easily with coaching.

- too many fumbles

- terrible blocker
Of those concerns, 2 can be corrected rather easily with coaching.
True, it's just difficult to judge who is going to learn it and who won't. Pass protection seems to be an issue for most of the top RB's in this class.

Rotoworld:

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes the 2014 RB class is full of red flags.
The running back group, "unlike the rest of the (draft)- is short on talent and long on police and medical reports. Red flags everywhere," McShay tweeted. Four of the top prospects with off-field questions include Carlos Hyde (suspension), Ka'Deem Carey (suspension), Jeremy Hill (suspension) and Isaiah Crowell (dismissal). Keep in mind that all "red flags" are not created equal, and there are different levels of character questions. Also, we do not have information on every prospect, just the ones that are leaked or previously reported.

Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Rotoworld:

CBS Sports' Rob Rang reports that Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins underwent surgery to stabilize a stress fracture in his left foot.
"After a consultation with agents, Todd France and Brian Ayrault of Five Star Athlete Management and family, Seferian-Jenkins opted for surgery to repair the issue," Rang wrote on Friday. The expected recovery for Seferian-Jenkins is approximately eight weeks, which most likely means he won't be participating in Washington's Pro Day on April 2nd.

Source: CBS Sports

I disagree with this. I mean, if you think Sankey has only average initial burst, I wonder what you'd call Hyde's initial burst.

i would bet on Hyde. If I can only select one other back then I wouldn't fault a team for drafting Sankey, but teams can draft multiple ones and some have room to roll the dice on a specialist or riskier guy with a higher ceiling, i.e. Crowell.
It would not surprise me if Hyde became a decent NFL back. He has good vision, very good agility for his size, and a well rounded skill set. I must admit though, I have my reservation because I cannot ignore how slow he looks, which his 40 time confirms. Top end speed may be decent, he's had some big runs, but Hyde has very poor acceleration. This concerns me.

Again, it wouldn't shock me if he was good in the NFL, but he won't be on my dynasty team.

I wish someone can explain the love for Troy Niklas. Why would an NFL team take him in the second round if he has inconsistent hands like he displayed at the combine?
I don't put too much stock into the combine drills. Some guys look a lot better on the field and vice versa. Allen Robinson is a WR who looked horrible in the gauntlet, but I haven't seen anyone concerned with it.

IMO Niklas = sloppy at the top of his routes. Better prospect as a blocker than receiver. I don't expect great FF returns.

Everyone is talking about Sankey, but is Mason flying under the radar here? IMO, he looks the part on film and dominated against fantastic competition in big games. I was very surprised by his elite measurable at the combine, and a 4.50 is more than fast enough. BMI is almost perfect. I think he is my #1 RB right now...and I wouldn't be surprised if he was picked at the end of the 1st come May.

Everyone is talking about Sankey, but is Mason flying under the radar here? IMO, he looks the part on film and dominated against fantastic competition in big games. I was very surprised by his elite measurable at the combine, and a 4.50 is more than fast enough. BMI is almost perfect. I think he is my #1 RB right now...and I wouldn't be surprised if he was picked at the end of the 1st come May.
I think by the time rookie drafts roll around there will be plenty of optimism for Mason. There are lots of people who like him already and I think he has a chance to be the first back off the board in the NFL draft. About the only thing that might give people pause is that he's short and not blazing fast. Even though there are lots of good short RBs in the NFL, the league seems a little biased against them as draft prospects. I'm not sure there's been a sub 5'9" RB taken in the 1st round in the past decade. The best players from that height group (MJD, Rice, Westbrook, Sproles) all fell further than their talent warranted in hindsight.

Mason is really solid for his height, but it still comes out to a weight of just 207 pounds, which isn't enormous independent of height. MJD is the exact same weight, but 1.5" shorter and significantly faster in the 40 (4.39 vs. 4.50). I don't think Mason's size is going to be a big problem, but if he were scaled up to 5'10" with the same BMI then I think he'd probably be a first round pick. As the 5'8" version of that player, I think he probably goes somewhere in the 2nd. I was only lukewarm on his prospects prior to the combine, but his numbers in the tests were outstanding and I thought he looked like the best RB there in the positional drills.

I don't think that Mason is flying under the radar. He is my number 2 RB (very close with Sankey and Mason - I don't think you can go wrong) and you are correct that 4.50 is fast enough. He runs with a lot of power for a smaller back...

I like Mason a lot, too (he has some similarities to Ray Rice - broke Bo Jackson's school record). I think he, Hyde and Hill are the top three RBs in the class, and he could be drafted first and eventually the best. I didn't see if he caught the ball naturally in the combine drills, but I don't think he was asked to do that much at Auburn*, and he definitely wasn't asked to pass protect much, so that is a question (though it is with nearly all college RBs, I think Sims maybe the best at those skills in this class - I'd much rather have Mason).

Mason will be in a somwhat unusual position in that his NFL run blocking could be a downgrade from college! :) Robinson is a monster.

* 19 receptions total in three seasons.

Rhythmdoctor, on 25 Feb 2014 - 7:55 PM, said:

I think the guy flying lowest under the radar is Davante Adams.

In his final season, dude had 100+ yards in 7/13 games and totaled 1,342 yards in those 7 games.

Oh yeah, he also had 18 TDs in those same 7 games.

Davante Adams played 2 seasons of college football (26 games total) and failed to score in only 4 of his 26 games.

He scored 38 TDs in those two seasons (26 games) which is about 1.5 TDs per game average, including the games he did not score - so his true TD per game average is 1.5 throughout his college career.

Adams scored multiple TDs in 10 games. Consider he scored in 22/26 games then consider in 10/22 he was good for 2+ TDs.

In a nutshell, Adams scored a TD in 85% of his games and of the games he scored in, he basically had a 45% chance of scoring multiple TDs.

At 6-1, 212 lbs and 28 BMI, he is plenty big enough to be a WR1

Biletnikoff award semi-finalist in 2013

6.82 3 cone

39.5 inch verticle

123 inch (10 feet 3 inches) broad jump

In 2 seasons, Adams accumulated 233 rec for 3,030 yds and 38 TDs!

I think he may be the SOTD if he falls to late 1st round dynasty pick.
Watched a lot of Adams and my take - a slightly smaller, faster Anquan Boldin. Not as physical, but he's got great technique, hands and YAC ability.

The one caveat I have is that he needs an accurate QB since he won't leave much room for error since he doesn't get much separation.

In his final season, dude had 100+ yards in 7/13 games and totaled 1,342 yards in those 7 games.

Davante Adams played 2 seasons of college football (26 games total) and failed to score in only 4 of his 26 games.

He scored 38 TDs in those two seasons (26 games) which is about 1.5 TDs per game average, including the games he did not score - so his true TD per game average is 1.5 throughout his college career.

Adams scored multiple TDs in 10 games. Consider he scored in 22/26 games then consider in 10/22 he was good for 2+ TDs.

In a nutshell, Adams scored a TD in 85% of his games and of the games he scored in, he basically had a 45% chance of scoring multiple TDs.

6.82 3 cone

39.5 inch verticle

Watched a lot of Adams and my take - a slightly smaller, faster Anquan Boldin. Not as physical, but he's got great technique, hands and YAC ability.

The one caveat I have is that he needs an accurate QB since he won't leave much room for error since he doesn't get much separation.
Carr threw some phenomenal touch passes, that's for sure. Adams seems physical enough, and wins battles. I think his closest comp is Roddy White. Nearly identical size and build/frame. Roddy White has a slight edge in metrics but Adams is right behind him and both show elite-level vert/broad. Roddy has a tenth faster 40 time which I don't think will matter much at the next level.

But yeah, I really want this guy and I just hope I don't miss. I'm looking at the 1.14 and 1.15 in one dynasty and I really hope he falls there.

6.82 3 cone

39.5 inch verticle

Carr threw some phenomenal touch passes, that's for sure. Adams seems physical enough, and wins battles. I think his closest comp is Roddy White. Nearly identical size and build/frame. Roddy White has a slight edge in metrics but Adams is right behind him and both show elite-level vert/broad. Roddy has a tenth faster 40 time which I don't think will matter much at the next level.But yeah, I really want this guy and I just hope I don't miss. I'm looking at the 1.14 and 1.15 in one dynasty and I really hope he falls there.
No worries - he will be there for you (unless you play in a start two flex league or start 4 WR league). You probably will have a choice to make at 1.14 and 1.15.

Matthews or Cooks could slip (probably not), Richardson, Moncreif, Robinson, Bryant, Coleman, Benjamin could be there too - along with some decent RB options....

I think you will get your man there if you still want him come draft time....

Rhythmdoctor said:
cstu said:

6.82 3 cone

39.5 inch verticle

Carr threw some phenomenal touch passes, that's for sure. Adams seems physical enough, and wins battles. I think his closest comp is Roddy White. Nearly identical size and build/frame. Roddy White has a slight edge in metrics but Adams is right behind him and both show elite-level vert/broad. Roddy has a tenth faster 40 time which I don't think will matter much at the next level.

But yeah, I really want this guy and I just hope I don't miss. I'm looking at the 1.14 and 1.15 in one dynasty and I really hope he falls there.
I initially thought of Roddy as well but he was more of a big play guy in college (career 19 YPC) compared to Adams' 13 YPC.

cloppbeast said:
i would bet on Hyde. If I can only select one other back then I wouldn't fault a team for drafting Sankey, but teams can draft multiple ones and some have room to roll the dice on a specialist or riskier guy with a higher ceiling, i.e. Crowell.
It would not surprise me if Hyde became a decent NFL back. He has good vision, very good agility for his size, and a well rounded skill set. I must admit though, I have my reservation because I cannot ignore how slow he looks, which his 40 time confirms. Top end speed may be decent, he's had some big runs, but Hyde has very poor acceleration. This concerns me.

Again, it wouldn't shock me if he was good in the NFL, but he won't be on my dynasty team.
I can't tell if he's Shonn Greene or Alfred Morris. My gut says stay away, especially at early mid 1st prices.

Users who are viewing this thread