What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2016 Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Tyler Boyd - WR - Panthers

Pittsburgh junior WR Tyler Boyd caught 11 passes for 103 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 45-34 win over Louisville.

Boyd caught a 35-yard touchdown in the second quarter on a nice falling catch between two defenders. That was his longest catch of the game. The rest of his day's work was of the short-to-medium variety, as Boyd averaged 9.4 yards per reception. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound junior's logged six games with double-digit catches through 10 games played. For the season, he's hauled in 80 passes for 803 yards and six touchdowns. Despite the impressive catch number, Boyd has just two games with more than 100 yards receiving.

Nov 22 - 8:15 PM

Rotoworld:

Arkansas junior TE Hunter Henry caught seven passes for 129 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 51-50 loss to Mississippi State.

Ah, the dependable tight end. Like the Loch Ness Monster, such entities are rare in the DFS landscape of college football. Henry surfaces on a far more consistent basis than Nessie, though. For the season, the 6-foot-5, 253-pound junior's caught 44 passes for 619 yards and three touchdowns.

Nov 22 - 6:35 PM

Rotoworld:

Dak Prescott - QB - Bulldogs

Mississippi State senior QB Dak Prescott was a monster in Saturday's 51-50 win over Arkansas, completing 38-of-50 passes for 508 yards, five touchdowns and an interception while rushing for 46 yards and an additional two scores.

Where to begin, where to begin. Let's skip ahead to the start of the fourth quarter. The Razorbacks held a 42-31 lead entering the period, but Prescott would open the quarter with a three-yard touchdown run--his second scoring run of the contest. He would add touchdown passes No. 4 and No. 5 before the dust settled. The fifth scoring toss, a 14-yarder to Fred Ross with 3:05 remaining in the game, would move the Bulldogs ahead 52-51. Outside of a predictable nothing-performance against the Alabama meat grinder on November 14, Prescott's been phenomenal. The 6-foot-2, 230-pound senior's accounted for 32 total touchdowns (23 passing, nine rushing).

Nov 22 - 4:17 PM

My current top 10 players in the 16' draft. Based on just talent, not adding in positional importance thus moving QBs up.

1. Ronnie Stanley, T ND

2. Joey Bosa, DE tOSU

3. Laremy Tunsil, T Ole Miss

4. Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida

5. Jaylon Smith, LB ND

6. Robert Nkemdiche, DT Ole Miss

7. Myles Jack, LB UCLA

8. Connor Cook, QB MSU

9. Jalen Ramsey, CB FSU

10. Jared Goff, QB Cal

Matt Waldman's RSP Boiler Room on Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State University.

My favorite WR in the draft.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodeojones said:

Link
Is there a good explanation for Thomas's lack of production this year? He is averaging only 60 yards per game and 8.4 yards per target, both of which are pretty mediocre. And this is on a team whose quarterbacks are being talked up as NFL prospects. I know that tOSU doesn't pass a lot, but that doesn't explain his low YPT (and his 2.4 yards per team pass attempt is also not that good).

So, the million dollar question - Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack (granted Jack checks out medically)? Both seem like pretty fantastic prospects.

Rodeojones said:

Link
Is there a good explanation for Thomas's lack of production this year? He is averaging only 60 yards per game and 8.4 yards per target, both of which are pretty mediocre. And this is on a team whose quarterbacks are being talked up as NFL prospects. I know that tOSU doesn't pass a lot, but that doesn't explain his low YPT (and his 2.4 yards per team pass attempt is also not that good).
Not sold on the offense scheme featuring either QB or the WR's . I think Thomas will be a much better pro than college player. Same for both QB's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodeojones said:

Link
The Buckeyes are passing for less than 200 yards per game. The passing offense just hasn't been able to get in rhythm for a lot of reasons. Musical chairs at quarterback. Poor play by both quarterbacks. A new RT who can't pass block. A new OC who has struggled. A strangely high number of games played in terrible weather conditions.

So if you're looking at efficiency numbers, they are going to be pretty poor across the board for all the pieces of this pass offense.

I do think the poor numbers are going to make Thomas a very divisive prospect this winter/spring and it'll be interesting to see all of the pro/con arguments. Personally, I like him a lot. He has great hands, runs good routes, wins contested balls, great body control. But I want to see a solid 4.5ish 40 before getting too excited as speed is my main concern with him.

Rodeojones said:

Link
The Buckeyes are passing for less than 200 yards per game. The passing offense just hasn't been able to get in rhythm for a lot of reasons. Musical chairs at quarterback. Poor play by both quarterbacks. A new RT who can't pass block. A new OC who has struggled. A strangely high number of games played in terrible weather conditions.

So if you're looking at efficiency numbers, they are going to be pretty poor across the board for all the pieces of this pass offense.

I do think the poor numbers are going to make Thomas a very divisive prospect this winter/spring and it'll be interesting to see all of the pro/con arguments. Personally, I like him a lot. He has great hands, runs good routes, wins contested balls, great body control. But I want to see a solid 4.5ish 40 before getting too excited as speed is my main concern with him.
His team-adjusted stats aren't very special either. Looking at market share, he has accounted for:

31% of his team's receiving yards (average is 29% among the top 100 players in receiving yards)

47% of his team's receiving TDs (average is 30% among the top 100 players in receiving yards)

16% of his team's total TDs (average is 15%)

26% of his team's 25+ yard receptions (average is 33%)

14% of his team's 40+ yard receptions (average is 34%)

And his team averages 1.03 yards per attempt more when throwing to him than when throwing elsewhere (average is +1.15).

The only place where he stands out above a generic "his team's top WR" is with touchdowns.

Rotoworld:

Alex Collins - RB - Razorbacks

Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema believes junior RB Alex Collins "really felt the vibe" that Friday's game against Missouri could be the ball carrier's last for Missouri.

If this is the case, Arkansas would be losing their top two running backs to the NFL. Jonathan Williams missed the entire season, but has already stated he is turning pro and attending the Senior Bowl. The two combined for plenty of production, however, both seem to fit the complement running back model rather than lead or bell cow back.

Source: Bo Mattingly on Twitter

Nov 28 - 9:48 AM

Rotoworld:

TCU senior QB Trevone Boykin (ankle) completed 18-of-33 passes for 148 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in Friday's 28-21 2OT win over Baylor.

The 49 total points scored might seem on the low side for these two teams, but even that final score is underselling just how ugly Friday's game turned out to be. TCU punted 12 times, Baylor punted 10 times and after a five-yard touchdown run by Baylor back Devin Chafin near the end of the first quarter, neither team scored an offensive touchdown until the first overtime. Oh, and the game was delayed by lightning for almost an hour and was played in a constant downpour. For his part, Boykin looked noticeably tentative in his running (14 carries, 16 yards, touchdown) at times thanks to the tender ankle that kept him out of last weekend's loss to Oklahoma. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound senior finishes the 2015 regular season campaign with 3,575 passing yards, a 31/10 TD/INT ratio, 612 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns.

Nov 28 - 12:26 AM

Rotoworld:

Leonte Carroo - WR - Scarlet Knights

Rutgers senior WR Leonte Carroo caught seven passes for 183 yards and a touchdown in the school's 46-41 loss to Maryland.

In his final collegiate game, it is not surprising that Carroo flashed dominance. Carroo's final season featured plenty of ups and downs; suspensions, injuries, coaching suspensions, but Carroo displayed high level play whenever on the field. We expect him to earn a Senior Bowl invite.

Nov 28 - 4:08 PM

Rotoworld:

Jeff Driskel - QB - Bulldogs

Louisiana Tech graduate QB Jeff Driskel will attend the Senior Bowl.

Driskel turned his career around this year at Louisiana Tech, throwing for 3,575 yards on 61.9 percent completions with a 24/8 TD/INT rate during the Bulldogs' 8-4 start. The 6-foot-4, 237-pounder "could land in the late rounds of the draft," according to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

Source: Senior Bowl

Nov 29 - 1:48 PM

Rotoworld:

Oregon senior WR Byron Marshall will not seek a medical redshirt for the 2015 season and will instead declare for the 2016 NFL Draft.

Marshall suffered a leg injury that required surgery on September 26 and missed the remainder of the season. The former running back shifted to receiver during his time with the Ducks and projects as a passing down back or manufactured touch player.

Source: Oregon Live

Nov 30 - 9:59 AM
Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo will attend the Senior Bowl.

This was an expected move for one of the most productive receivers in the Big Ten over the last few years. Carroo missed time this season with injuries and a suspension, but should have been the focus of the defense when on the field. Carroo profiles as a big bodied receiverwho uses that size to his advantage.

Source: Rivals

Nov 30 - 11:58 AM
Cal senior WR Bryce Treggs caught five passes for 147 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 48-46 win over Arizona State.

Treggs worked a 52-yard touchdown catch with 7:06 remaining in the first half. It would be the only touchdown they scored before hitting the locker room, but suffice it to say, a bunch more would come raining down upon Arizona State before the close of action. For the season, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound senior's caught 41 passes for 813 yards and six touchdowns.

Nov 29 - 8:17 PM
Arizona State graduate WR Devin Lucien caught eight passes for 200 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 48-46 loss to Cal.

Lucien's been a one-man wrecking crew of late, posting a silly combined 17-390-4 receiving line in his last two games. All three of his touchdowns on Saturday came in the first half. Through the first five games of the 2015 campaign, he failed to catch a touchdown pass. He's scored seven over the last seven. Overall, he's caught 57 passes for 930 yards, plus the seven touchdowns.

Nov 29 - 8:01 PM

Users who are viewing this thread