What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2024 NFL Draft Prospects (5 Viewers)

Which of the top 5 QB prospects is the most accurate? I don't know the answer. Just wondering since it's a skill coaches and GMs want, but draft pundits seem to overlook.

Which of the top 5 QB prospects is the most accurate? I don't know the answer. Just wondering since it's a skill coaches and GMs want, but draft pundits seem to overlook.
Nix, Daniels, and McCarthy were all over 70% passers. Nix broke the FBS record I believe. Daniels, though. He was accurate but also accurate down the field. 11.7 ypa and 13.6 aya.
I am not sure who will be the most successful QB, but fantasy-wise, I am all over Daniels. His rushing ability represents a very high floor.

I'm down on Rome. I know I'm supposed to like him, but history says not all of these guys are going to be stars.

If I had to pick any of the big names to bust, it's him, don't know what it is but when I watch him play it just doesn't look the way a #1 NFL wide out looks. I don't know if it's lack of burst or if he runs too stiff, but I just don't see it with him.

I bumped him in my rankings because I trust what everyone else thinks, but I am very unsure about this cat. All the other big names I have no problems with, but this guy something smells rotten.
I agree that one of the “top 3” are likely to bust. Why are you down on Odunze? Hard to find a negative. What if the Bolts draft him? Still down on his prospects?

I watched Texas games and the WRs were good but they never jumped off the screen for me as NFL stars. To hear they might both be 1st round picks is cool but not what I thought when I watched 2 or 3 Texas games this past season.

Hmm, I don't know about both of them going in the 1st either, but they absolutely jumped off the screen to me. I've said as much a couple times. What I noticed with Worthy is Bowers was often focussed on Mitchell while Worthy was getting 5-7 yards of separation against double coverage. It's even in a Mitchell highlight video. The guy analyzing Mitchell says something like, "Okay, great route by Mitchell but watch Worthy on the top of the screen." Shows it again and laughs cuz he roasts double coverage for what would have been an easy TD. My comment from well before the combine was watching Texas several times, it was crazy how easily they both got open. That's a note from halfway through last season. I go back and forth between who I like more, but I like both more than most.

It's a really hard wr class to evaluate, but I'm obsessed with it. From 04 to 08 I was obsessed like this and made some really good calls in my rankings here and had just as many misses. I think 20 years later I might use this thread to try it again, for posterity and discussion. Because fantasy, I focus on qb, rb, wr, te, and ol. 5 weeks before the draft I'm pretty settled on qbs and will try to post those thoughts and rankings soon, nothing controversial. I can get rb and ol ranked soon too, definitely some controversial thoughts. TE is boring. WR is last for sure. Posting this to force myself to do it.
I obviously botched the discussion. I just brought up Worthy as a player that got a lot of pub. The point I failed to make was that this class is DEEP in WR talent fantasy-wise. There are so many prospects that have the potential to make an impact, depending on landing spot. I look forward to the excitement after the draft.

32 Counter Pass said:
I obviously botched the discussion. I just brought up Worthy as a player that got a lot of pub. The point I failed to make was that this class is DEEP in WR talent fantasy-wise. There are so many prospects that have the potential to make an impact, depending on landing spot. I look forward to the excitement after the draft.

I've been watching Steve Smith scout WRs. He's like Rod Tidwell. He loves everybody.

Seeing lots of slow 40 times coming in from pro-day circuit. Everyone knows Combine has a fast track. Conversely, many of these schools have spongy, slow surfaces. So why are agents still advising players not to run in Indy? Makes zero sense. If you have a bad day at pro-day, there's no second chance.

Teams don't care about bad track or bad day excuse. The number on the tag is the number on the tag. The slow time on the board will be staring the GM in the face from now until end of April.

You use RFID @ Senior Bowl. Can you explain, why acceleration and top speed differ that much from 10 or 40 times? What is more important for you?

Jim Nagy
What players do in pads and helmets will always be more important than what they do in shorts and t-shirts, IMO. On-field player tracking data >>>.

Zach Bacon
I really wish that the tracking data was public. I get why it isn't, and that the teams have access to the info, but I really wish we could see that data.

You can see all the Senior Bowl data you want. Just Google Senior Bowl and zebra sports.

Lance Zierlein
This is dead-on. I was shocked to see some of the players who need to run well skip out on combine surface. Do everything else at your pro day if you like, but by all means - RUN ON THE FAST INDY TRACK!

Last edited:
So who is Dillon Johnson RB Washington? He has multiple NFL Team visits lined up.

I searched for him ... @socrates has him = 4.04 RB12 | Tier 4 | Dillon Johnson | Washington | 6-0 | 218

What am I missing here?

NFL Data 6' 0" Senior 217 lb
40 yard dash 4.68
10 yard split = 1.62
Verticle = 31.5"
Broad = 9'9"
Well-built, rugged runner who relies on vision and physicality to move the chains. Johnson wears down defenses with contact balance and provides quality short-yardage value. His burst and short-area quickness fall below average for the NFL level, so he's unlikely to be an elusive inside runner or be able to stretch run games from sideline to sideline. Johnson has proven he can handle a heavier workload but is more likely to project as a grinder who can take on backup reps, short-yardage carries and third-down snaps.

ETA: some reports have him as a 6th round NFL prospect / end or roster or Practice Squad player... BUT WHY THE VISITS?

Last edited:

This is good old Rob Rang's big board. He's ranked the Edge guys a little differently than what we commonly see.

1. Latu
2. Verse
3. Turner
4. Chop

I've been deep diving these guys and can't form solid opinions, but those of you wanting Turner with your top 10 pick (Bears fans), might want to consider this. Latu is the most complete package and the least impressive athlete. He's still a bit of an athletic freak, but he also has all the NFL pass rushing techniques down and is really good against the run. Verse is the strongest and he really sets the edge in the run game and has explosive bull rush pass rushing skill. Turner is a speed rusher, the fastest of these guys and had 40" vert at nearly 250 pounds. His combine measureables are elite, but he frequently gets smothered against the run. Chop is versatile. Penn St used him like they did Micah. They compare him to Micah. He can play ilb, edge and interior ol. He doesn't have as much experience, but he's a really really good looking prospect. Freakish athleticism closest to Turner.

The point is Turner isn't necessarily the slam dunk best edge prospect. I won't be surprised if any of them turn out to be.

So who is Dillon Johnson RB Washington? He has multiple NFL Team visits lined up.

I searched for him ... @socrates has him = 4.04 RB12 | Tier 4 | Dillon Johnson | Washington | 6-0 | 218

What am I missing here?

40 yard dash 4.68
10 yard split = 1.62
Verticle = 31.5"
Broad = 9'9"
Well-built, rugged runner who relies on vision and physicality to move the chains. Johnson wears down defenses with contact balance and provides quality short-yardage value. His burst and short-area quickness fall below average for the NFL level, so he's unlikely to be an elusive inside runner or be able to stretch run games from sideline to sideline. Johnson has proven he can handle a heavier workload but is more likely to project as a grinder who can take on backup reps, short-yardage carries and third-down snaps.

He didn't have a hundred yard game in his career before blowing up against USC mid-season for 4 tds. From that point on he looked... pretty okay. I've seen him a bunch and I'm kinda meh.

What am I missing here?

40 yard dash 4.68
10 yard split = 1.62
Verticle = 31.5"
Broad = 9'9"

He didn't have a hundred yard game in his career before blowing up against USC mid-season for 4 tds. From that point on he looked... pretty okay. I've seen him a bunch and I'm kinda meh.
Thanks... I had not heard of him before .... but I still don't understand why he has 4 NFL Team Visits?
And I found reports he broke a bone in foot Nov 18 and it was not healed for Combine so his Pro Day March 28 might be more telling athleticism wise.

Excerpt from the article:

A first-round pick in the NFL draft can be transformative for the team that invests it wisely. Having two first-round picks provides a team with the ability to do something special.

Three teams are sitting there with this opportunity in the 2024 NFL Draft as of now — the Chicago Bears, Arizona Cardinals and Minnesota Vikings — with two of the three likely to use one of those picks on a quarterback. Only the Vikings seem likely to package those picks to go after a single player, sitting as they are with the 11th pick in a draft where four quarterbacks may be selected before they are on the clock.

We are going to present the best-case scenario for each team with two picks, starting with the top pick of the draft.

Jared Tokarz
‘24 NFL Draft Prospect 👀

#KansasState TE Ben Sinnott
6’4 250lbs 4.68 forty 40 vert

🔹Athletic versatile chess piece. TE or the backfield

🔹RAS (athletic profile) ranked 29 of 1116 TEs since ‘84

🔹 Best 3 cone amongst TEs @ combine

👇Hands/Blocking

Hands, Athleticism, a little YAC 💥

6 Oklahoma defenders to take him down 🐎

Ben Sinnott turned heads with his combine performance. Although not your traditional TE. The big and athletic hybrid TE is an exciting player and one I’d want my team to strongly consider in the mid rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread