What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2024 NFL Draft Class (14 Viewers)

Which team saw the first throw of the rose bowl and was like yes that’s our 1st round pick face of the franchise
I've never been impressed with McCarthy, but I'm sure some scouts will love his skillset and chalk his Michigan time up to a run first offense.

Admittedly that play to catch the lateral and throw it with a premier pass rusher in his face was really nice

Which team saw the first throw of the rose bowl and was like yes that’s our 1st round pick face of the franchise
I've never been impressed with McCarthy, but I'm sure some scouts will love his skillset and chalk his Michigan time up to a run first offense.
Been arguing with a few fellow Bucs’ fans who are Michigan alums that think he’s the second coming. I don’t see it at all.

Been arguing with a few fellow Bucs’ fans who are Michigan alums that think he’s the second coming. I don’t see it at all.
Some sucker team will draft him in the 1st round and regret it for years. Not sure what everyone sees in this guy.

I searched for a thread that might be more appropriate for this question, but this was the one that seemed to be best. I am sure I am missing some of the FBG stalwarts' personal rankings. I have been mostly "away" this year and would appreciate anyone with 2024 rookie ranking pointing me to theirs.

Anyway here is the question, how would you rank the top ten players in this year's draft?

Let's say:
  • dynasty
  • offense only
  • superflex
  • "standard" scoring with PPR
And an add-on question, if you absolutely must have a qb... what is the lowest pick that would do? Number 3?

(hopefully this is generic enough to keep me away from being shooed to the "Advice" forum).

rank the top ten players in this year's draft?
I think that a rough general consensus would look something like this.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers

After this 7 I don't think there is a consensus at all. It depends on what flavour you like, far more heavily reliant on landing spots and draft capital to create an order. The players in this general tier could be as high as number 8 and as low as number 20ish I'd say. Someone like Keon Coleman has a large range of outcomes. Same as Penix who could be a 1st rounder or possibly drop to the 3rd.

That said, in this bucket you've potentially got;
Keon Coleman
Brian Thomas Jr
Adonai Mitchell
Michael Penix Jr
Bo Nix
JJ McCarthy
Troy Franklin
Emeka Egbuka
Treveyon Henderson
Xavier Legette
Trey Benson
Blake Corum
Braelon Allen
Jonathon Brooks
Xavier Worthy.

I have no idea how to rank these guys right now (and there's probably a few more to throw in the mix as well) and will rely heavily on where they are drafted and to whom to differentiate. I doubt you'll find much consensus on them anywhere right now.

rank the top ten players in this year's draft?

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers

After this 7 I don't think there is a consensus at all. It depends on what flavour you like, far more heavily reliant on landing spots and draft capital to create an order. The players in this general tier could be as high as number 8 and as low as number 20ish I'd say. Someone like Keon Coleman has a large range of outcomes. Same as Penix who could be a 1st rounder or possibly drop to the 3rd.

That said, in this bucket you've potentially got;
Keon Coleman
Brian Thomas Jr
Adonai Mitchell
Michael Penix Jr
Bo Nix
JJ McCarthy
Troy Franklin
Emeka Egbuka
Treveyon Henderson
Xavier Legette
Trey Benson
Blake Corum
Braelon Allen
Jonathon Brooks
Xavier Worthy.

I have no idea how to rank these guys right now (and there's probably a few more to throw in the mix as well) and will rely heavily on where they are drafted and to whom to differentiate. I doubt you'll find much consensus on them anywhere right now.
Only names missing from this list as I agree fully with this one is in TE premium is Jatavion Sanders. He is mocked 1st round in any mock I do for my home league. Other names to look at based on draft capital and landing destination is Johnny Wilson, Cade Stover, Ladd McConkey, Jalynn Polk, Quinn Ewers, Donovan Edwards who seem to make most mocks I do based on others mocks. I like going 3 rounds but have IDP also

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers
Thank you! This is even more helpful than you might know as I was trying to keep my question as generic as possible! :)

Without debating the ranking of the top 4 qbs, it seems that there is a clear qb tier after these 4. And that of these 4, none is likely to drop past #5. Or perhaps #6 should someone decide to take Brock Bowers earlier - I am guessing that Odunze will not move up before these qbs unless there is a league-specific benefit for wrs .

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers
Thank you! This is even more helpful than you might know as I was trying to keep my question as generic as possible! :)

Without debating the ranking of the top 4 qbs, it seems that there is a clear qb tier after these 4. And that of these 4, none is likely to drop past #5. Or perhaps #6 should someone decide to take Brock Bowers earlier - I am guessing that Odunze will not move up before these qbs unless there is a league-specific benefit for wrs .
I’m assuming you folks are talking about Super Flex because I don’t think we see this order in non-SF leagues. QBs just don’t go that high.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers

I’m assuming you folks are talking about Super Flex because I don’t think we see this order in non-SF leagues. QBs just don’t go that high.
Yes, the original post specifies superflex.

ETA: That (superflex) is a big reason why I am asking as I have never played in a superflex league before this non-ending season and I really don't know how to correctly weight the bonus this gives to qbs.

My "way too early" Tiers for 1 QB leagues

Tier 1 - Picks 1.01-1.03 aka the Big 3 WRs
MHjr, Nabers, Odunze

Tier 2 - Picks 1.04-1.05
Bowers and first rd WR who lands with best QB

Tier 3 - Picks 1.06-1.09
Other first/ early second Rd WRs, plus the top RB

Tier 4 - Picks 1.10-2.02
QBs start coming off the board along with more dart throw RBs

Tier 5 - Picks 2.03-2.10
This group will likely round out the WRs drafted in the first ~75 picks, RBs with paths to points and first rd QBs

Last edited:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers

In my non-sf league only 3 QBs have been taken in the first round (12 teams) over the last 10 years. Burrow 1.06, Fields 1.08 and Richardson 1.06).

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers

In my non-sf league only 3 QBs have been taken in the first round (12 teams) over the last 10 years. Burrow 1.06, Fields 1.08 and Richardson 1.06).
I've got some non-SF leagues that have not had a QB go in round one since RG3/Luck.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers

I've got some non-SF leagues that have not had a QB go in round one since RG3/Luck.
Richardson went in the 1st in 2 of my 3 non-SF dynasty drafts last year. Ymmv.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
2. Caleb Williams
3. Drake Maye
4. Malik Nabers
5. Jayden Daniels
6. Rome Odunze
7. Brock Bowers

Richardson went in the 1st in 2 of my 3 non-SF dynasty drafts last year. Ymmv.
I took him at 11 myself, only time I’ve used a first round pick on a QB.

He and Trevor are the only QB’s to go in round one of any rookie draft since RG3/Luck of a league I’m in, with again some leagues never seeing one go because they started after the year those 2 came out.

The earliest anyone has taken a QB in any league of mine since Luck/RG3 was Richardson at 9 last year and most of these leagues are 8+ years old.

2024 NFL Draft Big Board: Top 50 Prospects

Excerpt:

Here’s my first NFL Draft Big Board of 2024:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio St., Jr.
If we were to “Weird Science” a wide receiver, the computer would almost certainly produce Harrison. The consensus All-American is a route tactician who features prototypical size (6-foot-4, 205 pounds), strong hands and athleticism with Hall of Fame NFL lineage (he’s the son of Colts legend Marvin Harrison). He could be the first receiver to be drafted inside the Top-3 since Hall of Famer Calvin Johnson in 2007.

2. Caleb Williams, QB, USC, Jr.
Williams is special off-platform and will likely become Trojans coach Lincoln Riley’s third quarterback to win the Heisman Trophy and go first overall, joining Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield.

3. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia, Jr.
Bowers is the most heralded prospect at the position since Kyle Pitts in 2021. The two-time Mackey Award winner has produced 175 receptions for 2,538 yards and 26 TDs in three seasons for the two-time champion Bulldogs. Pitts had 100 receptions for 1,492 yards and 18 TDs in three seasons at Florida.

4. Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina, So.
Maye’s prototypical size (6-4, 230), elite arm talent and ability as a runner will cause some to question whether USC’s Williams is really the top QB in this draft class. Spoiler alert: Williams is the top QB in this draft class, but I like Maye a lot too.

5. Joe Alt, T, Notre Dame, Sr.
The massive Irish tackle (6-8, 315) amassed several All-American honors after another successful season in South Bend and is one of two blue chip tackle prospects in this class.

6. Olu Fashanu, T, Penn St., Jr.
Fashanu would’ve likely ended up in the first-round discussion had he declared last season. There’s still room for growth in the run game, but he’s already an elite pass-protector and could easily go in the Top-5.

7. Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU, Sr.
Daniels had a historic season in Baton Rouge, breaking Joe Burrow’s NCAA passing efficiency record with a rating of 208 as a senior. The 2023 Heisman Trophy winner also produced 3,812 passing yards, 40 passing touchdowns and only four interceptions. He added 1,134 rushing yards and 10 scores on the ground for good measure.

8. Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama, Jr.
Turner was overshadowed by Will Anderson Jr. his previous two seasons at Tuscaloosa — he had 8.5 sacks as a true freshman in 2021 — but he’s capable of being a star in his own right. This season, the AP All-American added some bulk to his frame and displayed more power to go with his already impressive speed-rush capabilities.

9. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU, Jr.
Nabers’ body control and route-running are top-notch, plus he’s elite after the catch and a terror in the open field.

10. Jer’Zhan Newton, DL, Illinois, Jr.
Newton was likely a Day 2 selection had he entered the draft after last season, which motivated him to return to school. The Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year may be undersized (6-2, 295) for some teams, but he’s been a disruptive force the last two seasons against the run and pass. He could go in the Top-10 when it’s all said and done if he aces the draft process.

11. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington, Jr.
Odunze features elite size (6-3, 215), speed and strength, and will compete to become the second wide receiver drafted in prime-time come April.

12. Jared Verse, Edge, Florida St., Jr.
Like Penn State’s Fashanu, Verse would’ve likely been a first-round pick had he declared after last season. He produced nine sacks after transferring from Albany to Tallahassee for his sophomore season. The AP All-American followed that up with another nine sacks to help the Seminoles finish the regular season undefeated.

13. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida St., Jr.
Coleman, a Biletnikoff Award semifinalist, features a combination of size (6-4, 215), strength and speed uncommon in receivers.

14. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa, Jr.
DeJean can play outside or inside at cornerback, and even safety due to his size (6-1, 207) and speed combo. He’s also one of this draft’s premier playmakers.

15. Bralen Trice, Edge, Washington, Jr.
Trice shares similar physical traits with Cincinnati’s Trey Hendrickson and is relentless against the pass or run.

16. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama, Jr.
McKinstry was first-team All-SEC as a true sophomore. He features prototypical size (6-1, 194) with speed and brings physicality in coverage and against the run. He’s also proven to be a dynamic punt-returner.

17. Laiatu Tatu, Edge, UCLA, Sr.
Latu features a pro-ready arsenal of pass-rush moves and became the first Bruin to win the Lombardi Award (outstanding lineman) and Hendricks Award (best defensive end) this season. Medical evaluations of a neck injury the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year suffered during his time with Washington will have a big impact on his draft stock.

18. Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington, Sr.
Each of Penix’s four years at Indiana ended in injury, but he’s been as good as it gets the last two seasons for the Huskies. The Heisman Trophy finalist is a big-armed, athletic talent who might get nitpicked for his unorthodox throwing style and being a lefty. Personally, if I had a Heisman vote, Penix would have been at the top of my ballot.

19. Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson, Jr.
Wiggins might need to add some strength to his frame (6-2, 185), but he already has elite ball skills and athletic abilities.

20. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon, Jr.
Franklin features a rare size-speed-agility combination and projects to be a major open-field, big-play threat. For being such a burner, he’s actually a crafty route-runner too.

21. Taliese Fuaga, T, Oregon St., Jr.
Fuaga is a well-rounded mauler at tackle and could be the Beavers’ first offensive lineman ever selected in the first round of the NFL draft.

22. Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington, Jr.
Fautanu’s heavy hands and impressive athleticism has been on display at tackle for the Huskies the last two seasons, but less-than-ideal arm length might cause a team to kick him inside at the next level. Regardless, he has Pro Bowl-level talent.

23. JC Latham, T, Alabama, Jr.
Latham is a super-sized tackle (6-6, 360) with elite strength and movement skills.

24. Kalen King, CB, Penn St., Jr.
King led all cornerbacks in the country with a 93.3 overall grade and an 18.3 passer rating allowed in single-coverage as a sophomore, according to Pro Football Focus. His elite athleticism should carry him through the draft process despite inconsistent play as a junior for the Nittany Lions.

Part II

25. Tyler Guyton, T, Oklahoma, Jr.
Guyton has played right tackle for the Sooners, but has the prototypical size and premium athletic traits to switch to the left side in the pros.

26. Kingsley Suamataia, T, BYU, So.
Suamataia was a five-star recruit who originally landed with Oregon before transferring to Provo. The 6-foot-6, 325 pound lineman came in at No. 3 on Bruce Feldman’s annual college football “Freaks List” behind only South Carolina wide receiver Nyckoles Harbor — a true freshman this year — at No. 1 and Ohio State wide receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. at No. 2.

27. Amarius Mims, T, Georgia, Jr.
Mims is still very raw, and has dealt with multiple ankle injuries this season, but he towers (6-7, 340) over most of the competition and he moves easy considering his size. His athletic potential and his 2022 tape will be hard to ignore.

28. Chop Robinson, Edge, Penn St., Jr.
Robinson’s still developing his technique, but his first-step explosiveness and speed-to-power variation is a rare commodity.

29. Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU, Jr.
Thomas’ physical gifts are off the charts. He’s 6-foot-4 and can hit 22 mph on the GPS. Thomas is a big-bodied vertical threat who has only scratched the surface of his potential.

30. Leonard Taylor, DL, Miami, So.
Taylor was one of the top recruits at his position coming out of high school. He’s an explosive interior defender who can overwhelm opponents when he’s on his game. He has a pro-ready build, but needs to play with more discipline and awareness to unlock superstar mode.

31. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama, So.
Based on upside, Arnold could be ranked higher on some draft boards than his Crimson Tide teammate Kool-Aid McKinstry. He’s relatively inexperienced at cornerback — he was a former safety recruit — but he’s been one of the better run defenders at the position and has proven a quick-study in coverage.

32. Graham Barton, OL, Duke, Sr.
Barton could thrive at both tackle or guard (and possibly center) in the NFL. Some scouts will question his size/length for the tackle position — he’s 6-5, 314 pounds — but 34 of his 39 career starts were at left tackle for the Blue Devils (the other five were at center). He’s a technically sound, sticky blocker with quickness and competitive tendencies that deserves first-round consideration.

33. Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami, Jr.
Kitchens is one of the most versatile defensive backs in this draft class, and thrives in coverage or as a run defender.

34. Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio St., Jr.
Egbuka is another polished Buckeyes receiver prospect, who is a versatile route-runner and creates separation with savvy, not necessarily elite speed. He’s capable of excelling inside or outside, much like former teammate Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

35. Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia, Jr.
Lassiter is a two-year starter in the SEC despite being a true junior. He’s 6-foot tall and features enough straight line speed to thrive on the perimeter.

36. JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan, Jr.
McCarthy led a run-heavy offense for the National Champions in Ann Arbor, but he’s flashed impressive arm talent, especially with intermediate throws, with big-play ability as a thrower and runner.

37. Jordan Morgan, T, Arizona, Sr.
Morgan is a three-year starter at left tackle for the Wildcats. He features the size, strength and quickness to stick there in the NFL depending on the scheme, but refinement of his technique (especially footwork) might be needed to keep him from moving inside.

38. Bo Nix, QB, Oregon, Sr.
Nix has come a long ways from his underwhelming days at Auburn. The Heisman finalist has improved his game almost across the board, showcasing better decision-making and accuracy, while maintaining his play-making ability off-platform. The Campbell Trophy winner (nation’s best scholar-athlete) will be a 24-year-old rookie, which could diminish his draft stock a bit.

39. Kris Jenkins, DL, Michigan, Sr.
Jenkins’ sack totals won’t impress anyone, but he routinely draws a double-team, so there’s still upside at the next level. His abilities as a run defender give him a very high floor as a pro.

40. Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson, Jr.
Trotter’s father, Jeremiah Sr., was a two-time All-Pro with the Philadelphia Eagles. Junior has some of his father’s skills in his ability to fly around, trust his instincts and make plays.

41. Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota, Sr.
Nubin is a versatile, explosive safety who uses his size (6-2, 210), athleticism and elite processing to contribute against the run and pass. He’s a turnover generator, producing a Gophers’ record 13 interceptions during his collegiate career.

42. Chris Braswell, Edge, Alabama, Sr.
The right NFL defensive coordinator could mold this ball of clay (a former five-star recruit) into a Pro Bowler. Braswell has an impressive first step, converts speed to power effortlessly and is a strong run defender to boot.

43. JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio St., Jr.
Tuimoloau, a former five-star recruit, is an all-around defensive end who is more smooth and savvy than explosive, but features the size (6-4, 270) many teams covet at the position.

44. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo, Jr.
Mitchell features elite speed and prototypical size (6-0, 200) for the position. He’s a proven ball-hawk — six interceptions and 37 pass breakups the past two years — who can play outside or inside. Mitchell could see his draft stock skyrocket if he impresses during Senior Bowl week.

45. Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas, Jr.
I don’t believe we’ve seen the best of Worthy during his time in Austin, and his world-class speed will likely be one of the highlights in Indianapolis at the combine in March.

46. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M, Jr.
Cooper catapulted himself into a borderline first-round prospect with a dominant junior season for the Aggies — 83 tackles, 17 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Tack on his top coverage skills, and you have one of the best linebackers in a weaker-than-usual class.

47. Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas, Jr.
Sanders is an explosive athlete with an above-the-rim skillset, soft hands and ability after the catch. He’s more scheme-dependent than Georgia’s Bowers, and shouldn’t be utilized in an in-line role at the next level, but he could thrive as a big slot in a wide open attack.

48. Ennis Rakestraw, CB, Missouri, Sr.
Rakestraw wins with physicality and is one of the best man-coverage prospects in this draft class. He’ll have an opportunity to boost his draft stock in Mobile at the Senior Bowl.

49. Patrick Paul, T, Houston, Jr.
Paul was a four-year starter at left tackle for the Cougars. His technique needs polish, but you can’t teach his size (6-7, 315) or athleticism, plus he plays with top-flight power and a bad attitude.

50. Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas, So.
Brooks is currently recovering from a torn ACL suffered back in November, but is expected to be ready for his first NFL training camp. Prior to the injury, I had Brooks as my top running back prospect in this draft class, but expected him to return to school after he hurt his knee. He still looks like the best option in a weaker running back class because of his dynamic, all-purpose skillset.

Users who are viewing this thread