What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: 2nd Year buy low guys (1 Viewer)

Deep one, and it's pretty hard to justify stashing young TEs in most leagues, but Noah Gray is starting to make me think a little bit.   Whereas Kylen Granson has his share of fans as a dynasty stash TE, the Colts used a 3rd on Jelani Woods.   Likewise, Okwuegbunam had a somewhat meteoric rise following the Fant trade, only for the Broncos to take Dulcich in the 3rd (even though I still think Albert O has '22 relevance).   

I've heard tidbits of the Chiefs liking Gray, but them not doing anything at the position is something tangible worth noting.   This one is clearly a ways out, but he was already on my watch list as a potential successor to Kelce and the '22 draft did nothing to change that.   If he starts getting in on more 2 TE sets, or if Kelce misses time, it might be a name to keep in mind.

Or they'll take Mayer or Bowers in the next couple of drafts 🙂       

I'm bullish on Nico.  A little unsure how Cooks/Nico/Metchie shake out.  Maybe Metchie in the slot for now and in a year or 2 Cooks moves on.  
2 years on Cooks. I'm also bullish on Nico, but he'll require some patience. You're right about him on the outside and Metchie in, so his ceiling is all about what the Texans think they need to do on the other side (and QB of course).

Regardless, I'm happy with my R Wilson/RoJo/Mike Williams for Kyler/1.7 (G Wilson)/Nico trade from March.

I've been trying to buy all of them in SF but everyone that drafted them seems to prefer to hold on and hope for the best instead of taking any bit of loss.

I did trade for TLaw early in a SF dispersal draft because there weren't many young (or any) QB options.  Traded my 4th and 5th round dispersal picks which became Elijah Moore and Cam Akers for TLaw and a 15th round pick which became Calvin Ridley (or you could say Zay Flowers, I had two picks back-to-back there).
I rolled snake eyes on all things year 2 qb. Window's probably closed too. Gonna be nothing but fluff pieces artificially boosting their stock between now and actual games being played. 

It's an uphill battle to fantasy relevance, but Kylin Hill is the one free agent RB from the 2021 class that made his way to my 2022 rookie/FA combined top 60 draft board (5th round).   He showed some flashes in camp and pre-season, but didn't get many carries in the regular season before suffering a torn ACL on a kick return.  The Packers brought in Tyler Goodson an an UDFA, but the lack of draft capital is probably a decent sign for Hill's chances of reclaiming the #3 RB spot.   Ultimately, you're hoping for a 1-2 punch with Dillon when Jones moves on, even though they're most likely to just draft another back when that happens.   To get there, he will probably need an injury to Jones or Dillon and to make a bit of a splash with whatever carries come his way. 

Did he have enough juice to start with, that he will be able to overcome a late October ACL?   I don't know.   Perhaps I've just talked myself off of him as a late round dart throw in '22. 

As he was universally panned as a terrible pick and did absolutely nothing the first half of last year before having season-ending shoulder surgery, I expect Tutu Atwell to blow the hell up this year.

Users who are viewing this thread