What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: RB Salvon Ahmed, Miami Dolphins (1 Viewer)

No practice again. Trouble.

Wonder if Breida a sneaky pickup with Gaskin probably inactive or eased in.

Ahmed window could close quickly.
Rotoworld:

Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice.

It's the second straight missed practice for Ahmed, who was also sidelined on Wednesday. He previously out-snapped Patrick Laird 43-17 in Week 10 as Miami's workhorse but may have to cede that role to either Matt Breida or Myles Gaskin, the latter who is eligible to return from injured reserve on Sunday. Ahmed's participation at Friday's practice will be key.

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Nov 26, 2020, 1:36 PM ET

Practice today?

If no, wondering if Breida is setup for the lion's share. Wouldn't imagine Gaskin is ready if he was wearing a non contact jersey earlier in the week.

Same boat and wondering if Breida is a one-week potential start. I have Gaskin on the bench. Not sure if Breida is an upgrade over the likes of Gallman or Montgomery at RB #2 hopefuls, but he could be a top play this week Wondering if Gaskin suits up this week, or next. 

Same boat and wondering if Breida is a one-week potential start. I have Gaskin on the bench. Not sure if Breida is an upgrade over the likes of Gallman or Montgomery at RB #2 hopefuls, but he could be a top play this week Wondering if Gaskin suits up this week, or next. 
Breida doesn't ever seem to do much when given the chance, but with Gaskin on my bench and that MIA schedule I'm tempted to grab him just to own this backfield and at minimum block my opponent who as all kinds of injury gaps to fill. 

Dolphins RB Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) is doubtful for Week 13 against the Bengals.

The Dolphins could be extremely thin in its backfield since DeAndre Washington (hamstring) is also considered doubtful while Matt Breida is reportedly battling an unknown illness (and didn't practice Friday). If Myles Gaskin (knee) is activated on Saturday, we imagine he would handle a vast majority of the team's workload since only Patrick Laird would be listed behind him. It's also still unclear whether Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) will start Sunday.

SOURCE: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Dec 4, 2020, 1:38 PM ET

Dolphins RB Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) didn't practice Wednesday.

It's a bad start to the week for Ahmed, who missed Week 13. DeAndre Washington (hamstring) also remained sidelined while Matt Breida is still on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Myles Gaskin could have the Miami backfield to himself again in Week 14.

Dec 9, 2020, 12:46 PM ET

Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) is questionable for Week 15 against New England. 

Ahmed is trending toward suiting up against the Patriots. He could resume lead-back duties if Myles Gaskin remains on the reserve/COVID-19 list. If Ahmed and Gaskin can't go, it'll again be DeAndre Washington taking the lead back role for Miami. Ahmed would be a low-end RB2 play if he's active and Gaskin is not. 

RELATED: 

Myles Gaskin

, DeAndre Washington

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Dec 18, 2020, 2:52 PM ET

Dolphins RB Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) is active for Week 15 against the Patriots. 

He's the only one. With a biblical wave of injuries at wideout, Ahmed figures to be needed for heavy work in his return, putting him in the low-end RB2 mix. DeAndre Washington and perhaps a returning Matt Breida will mix in while Myles Gaskin remains on the COVID-19 list. 

Dec 20, 2020, 11:42 AM ET

I don't know how you play any Miami RB today. 

Ahmed just back from injury, Breida back off Covid, D. Washington led the team in touches last week and in the mix.

No indication whatsoever on any of them.

And Miami is down key offensive weapons going up against NE.

Stay. Away.

Salvon Ahmed rushed 23 times for 122 yards and a touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 15 win over the Patriots, adding a five-yard reception. 

The 100-yard day on the ground was the first by any Dolphins rusher in 31 games, Kalen Ballage in Dec. 2018. Don't you just love history? Ahmed was a sight for sore eyes in a backfield that had been running low on healthy bodies. He keyed a 42/250/3 rushing day that included a pair of short-yardage scores from Tua Tagovailoa. Myles Gaskin's (COVID-19) likely Week 16 return will throw Miami's running back group back into flux for the fantasy finals, but at least as of today, Ahmed will be the best roto play. No plans can be made until we learn Gaskin's status. 

Dec 20, 2020, 4:15 PM ET

I don't know how you play any Miami RB today. 

Ahmed just back from injury, Breida back off Covid, D. Washington led the team in touches last week and in the mix.

No indication whatsoever on any of them.

And Miami is down key offensive weapons going up against NE.

Stay. Away.
Wish I hadn’t stayed away. Difference between week 16 championship and the consolation game. 

Salvon Ahmed rushed six times for 29 yards and a touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 17 loss to the Bills, adding another three catches for 19 yards.

Ahmed emerged from the shadows to be the team's lead ball-carrier multiple times this season, securing the second-most rushing yards on the team with 319 and contributing three touchdowns on the ground. It is very possible the undrafted free agent does not see the same amount of opportunity in 2021, but Ahmed did show NFL-caliber talent and could be a name we hear from again as a fill-in option next season.

- Rotoworld

With Miami not getting a RB in the draft, potential is there for Salvon Ahmed to get some carries behind Gaskin. I wonder if Miami plans to bring in one of FAs that's still available?
Some dude slipped him by for a buck at auction in our league and I was so sure Miami was going to go after at least a retread RB that I didn't bother matching. Big mistake. At that price, why not take a flier? It's not like Gaskin didn't miss about three weeks last year. 

Started a whopping 4 games for Miami, STARTED not relieved so Gaskin seems to allow for others to get quality time on the field. 

4.3 ypc vs Gaskin getting something around 4/4.1 and then 14 targets, 11 catches for Ahmed, close to 400 yds an 3 TDs on 86 touches, i would expect to see more of him in 2021 since Miami didn't really draft anyone of note. 

Started a whopping 4 games for Miami, STARTED not relieved so Gaskin seems to allow for others to get quality time on the field. 

4.3 ypc vs Gaskin getting something around 4/4.1 and then 14 targets, 11 catches for Ahmed, close to 400 yds an 3 TDs on 86 touches, i would expect to see more of him in 2021 since Miami didn't really draft anyone of note. 
In one of Ahmed's starts, he was the highest rated player on offense by PFF. He hits the hole fast, but Gaskins is a better receiver.  Malcolm Brown, Jordan Scarlett and the rookie, Garrid Doaks, are vying for backups as possible short yardage, special teams duty. Scarlett probably gets cut, as he had pass protection problems at Carolina and wasn't a good receiver at UF.  Brown's contract is fully guaranteed.

In one of Ahmed's starts, he was the highest rated player on offense by PFF. He hits the hole fast, but Gaskins is a better receiver.  Malcolm Brown, Jordan Scarlett and the rookie, Garrid Doaks, are vying for backups as possible short yardage, special teams duty. Scarlett probably gets cut, as he had pass protection problems at Carolina and wasn't a good receiver at UF.  Brown's contract is fully guaranteed.
Guess he's making the team. 

Salvon Ahmed rushed three times for four yards in the Dolphins' Week 1 win over the Patriots, adding two receptions for 24 additional yards. 

Preliminary snap counts had Ahmed on the field for 11 plays compared to 29 for Myles Gaskin and 16 for Malcolm Brown. Of course, it's a good sign that Ahmed got the ball on 5-of-11 snaps. Gaskin was trusted with just nine carries. This backfield is far from sorted, but Gaskin still turned in the best all-around performance on Sunday. For now, Ahmed still lacks standalone fantasy value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salvon Ahmed had three rushes for 11 yards in the Dolphins’ Week 1 win against the Chargers.

His usage confirms Ahmed is the team’s No. 2 running back behind Raheem Mostert while Jeff Wilson is on IR and De’Von Achane is a healthy scratch. Ahmed can be stashed in deeper formats for now.

- Rotoworld

Salvon Ahmed had three rushes for 11 yards in the Dolphins’ Week 1 win against the Chargers.

His usage confirms Ahmed is the team’s No. 2 running back behind Raheem Mostert while Jeff Wilson is on IR and De’Von Achane is a healthy scratch. Ahmed can be stashed in deeper formats for now.

- Rotoworld
That’s some hard hitting analysis there.

- Rotoworld
I don't go to that site any longer since they changed their format. They seem to only care about gambling and pretty pics with meaningless links. I replaced it with Rotoballer and FantasyPros.

Dolphins RB Salvon Ahmed (groin) returned to practice on Wednesday.
Salvon Ahmed opened the season as Raheem Mostert’s back-up in Miami with DeVon Achane being a healthy inactive. However, Ahmed injured his groin in Week 2 and has been unable to play since. He now seems set to return just as Achane is put on the IR. While it would make sense for Ahmed to return to his back-up role, Miami is also likely to get Jeff Wilson Jr. off IR this week as well, which further complicates the situation. For now, we know Mostert will be the lead back in Miami, but who earns the majority of touches behind him remains to be seen, which means both Wilson Jr. and Ahmed should be rostered in most formats until we know for sure.

Dolphins RB
Salvon Ahmed
(groin) returned to practice on Wednesday.
Salvon Ahmed
opened the season as
Raheem Mostert
’s back-up in Miami with
DeVon Achane
being a healthy inactive. However,
Ahmed
injured his groin in Week 2 and has been unable to play since. He now seems set to return just as
Achane
is put on the IR. While it would make sense for
Ahmed
to return to his back-up role, Miami is also likely to get
Jeff Wilson
Jr. off IR this week as well, which further complicates the situation. For now, we know
Mostert
will be the lead back in Miami, but who earns the majority of touches behind him remains to be seen, which means both
Wilson
Jr. and
Ahmed
should be rostered in most formats until we know for sure.
Feels pretty under the radar. I also needed to reread the lotto forum twice to understand this guy has a shot at super relevance to take on Achane's role. I also noticed ESPN gave him a higher projection than any RB on my free agency. 8.8. Thats pretty high considering next up is craig reynolds at 7.3 w/o gibbs and justice hill at 7.1... I'm tempted to drop Bigsby atm to see if I can strike gold.

Ahmed's a mystery could be in a very potent offense as Achane-lite.

Dolphins RB
Salvon Ahmed
(groin) returned to practice on Wednesday.
Salvon Ahmed
opened the season as
Raheem Mostert
’s back-up in Miami with
DeVon Achane
being a healthy inactive. However,
Ahmed
injured his groin in Week 2 and has been unable to play since. He now seems set to return just as
Achane
is put on the IR. While it would make sense for
Ahmed
to return to his back-up role, Miami is also likely to get
Jeff Wilson
Jr. off IR this week as well, which further complicates the situation. For now, we know
Mostert
will be the lead back in Miami, but who earns the majority of touches behind him remains to be seen, which means both
Wilson
Jr. and
Ahmed
should be rostered in most formats until we know for sure.
Feels pretty under the radar. I also needed to reread the lotto forum twice to understand this guy has a shot at super relevance to take on Achane's role. I also noticed ESPN gave him a higher projection than any RB on my free agency. 8.8. Thats pretty high considering next up is craig reynolds at 7.3 w/o gibbs and justice hill at 7.1... I'm tempted to drop Bigsby atm to see if I can strike gold.

Ahmed's a mystery could be in a very potent offense as Achane-lite.
:no:

I'm a big fan of your lottery ticket thread, it's very helpful if you want to use 1-2 bench spots to try and strike big.
Lifelong Phins fan, I have to interject here
Achane is a different RB than anyone we've had in Miami history IMHO
I don't want to see Ahmed out there unless we have a big lead and we need him to just eat up some clock and keep Mostert healthy
If Ahmed is what is left in the RB stable for Miami today at some point, Tua is going to be in big trouble

Really great article that got me to pull the trigger. Buying Ahmed is ultimately more about buying into the prolific MIA offense - that is proven that it can support 2 RBs. I ultimately dropped
Tank Bigsby.(not that anyone cares) I also am pretty concerned with Wilson being declared out after the stint on IR, Dolphins are coy with injuries - maybe its worse than we thought?

Also I could be just chasing ghosts.

Last edited:
Don't we already know what Ahmed is? I would rather speculate on Brooks, not for this week's game, but later.

Salvon Ahmed played on 24-of-67 snaps in the Dolphins’ Week 6 win over the Panthers.

Chris Brooks went down with an ankle injury late in the game and only appeared on 11 snaps. Even before the injury, he was the clear RB3 for Miami. Ahmed rushed six times for 23 yards and a touchdown while adding three receptions for 11 yards. Jeff Wilson did not come off injured reserve for this game but could be back next week. Ahmed would have some FLEX potential if Wilson can’t go and should be stashed in most leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread