What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] calling out the hard core owners.. (1 Viewer)

Sanboy

Footballguy
calling out to the HARD CORE deep DYNASTY LEAGUE owners .. not the guys who keep 10 players and call it a dynasty league .. not the guys who keep a full roster .. but have ZERO activity in the off-seaosn and have guys like C.Cobb and C.Simms on the waiver wire for us Dynasty Owners who are in competitive year round leagues .. where any sleeper player or for that matter practice squad sleeper . .is valuable names like RB-A.Echemandu - good college Rb .. had injury issues .. might be the # 2 next year if new mangement grows tired of W.GreenRb-J.Payton - name itself will get him a chance sooner or later Wr-D.Hamilton - the big guy out of the young San Fran wr .. didnt play at all this year .. very very raw .. but was a gamer in college just examples......Qb-Rod Rutherford - Panthers.. watch him .... in the next 2 years .. anyone else ???

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a time when the board actually would have been good for posts like this ..

but in the last year seems like the sharks have left and a we are left with the "mass's" or the weekend warrior types..

wonder what happened
They got hired. Drugrunner, Aaron, Herd, Anarchy, smlevin, Wood, cracker, and others I'm probably forgetting.Following Aaron's format from last season, but much feebler because I'm not as in-tune with the practice squad types, here's a start:

AFC:

Buffalo: Jason Peters, TE. Very long-term project, and I'm not sure if the Bills have figured out yet if he's a tackle or a TE... but he's physically impressive and they took a chance on him, then put him on the active roster. They don't have an impressive TE on the roster, so there's a possibility.

Miami: David Boston, WR. I know he's a common name, but tons of people have written him off. Some say they'll never own him again in any league because he's burned them too many times... that means he'll be cheaper than he should be. He's still young, he'll probably drop his weight now that he's been caught on the juice, and he has incredible talent. I'd take a shot.

New England: Rohan Davey, QB. Not a deep sleeper, but someone we haven't seen much of. He's stuck behind Brady forever in NE, but could be snagged by another team in a Feeley maneuver. Also, weird things happen - Brady could be injured or demand a ton of money or retire since he's done everything he wanted to... never know.

NY Jets: Josh Davis, RB. Everyone focused on Ward as the guy who could fall into the backup role next season, but Davis is someone never mentioned who could fill that role. Ricky Ray, QB. CFL guy who was signed last offseason, then displaced by Quincy Carter. It's doubtful he'll make it anywhere, but that was said of Jeff Garcia in similar circumstances.

Tennessee: Joe Nedney, PK. He's been on IR for two seasons now. If they keep him around, he's on what looks like a promising young offensive team, and he's been very good in the past. I like the guy because he kind of fell into kicking when he got injured as a WR and wanted to stay with his high school team. Much cooler than a Gramatica.

Indianapolis: Hartsock/Utecht, TEs. One of them will likely fit into the Pollard spot and split stats with DaClark. I have no idea which one. Can someone give some insight on these two and how their blocking and receiving are?

Jacksonville: David Garrard (QB) could be Feeleyed. Not much of a sleeper, though.

Ernest Wilford, WR. Did more than Reggie Williams with fewer reps. Seemed to have a knack for big plays at important times, particularly early in the season. Could end up WR2, though Troy Edwards is still in the mix.

Houston: Jabar Gaffney, WR. Not a really deep sleeper, but someone that we all seem to have written off who's quietly increasing his stats. Throw out Dom Capers and he would easily become an 800 yard / 5 TD sort of guy, with potential for more with everyone doubling AJohnson.

Denver: Darius Watts, WR. Probably on a roster in most deep leagues, but if not, he's definitely worth a shot. RSmith is ancient.

San Diego: Reche Caldwell, WR. Broke out, then got injured before everyone was aware of him. If he was dropped after going on IR, snag him - he could beat out Parker for the WR2 job (again) and McCardell is very very old.

Jesse Chatman, RB. LT has taken a ton of hits in his career with all those touches. Chatman has filled in quite well when called on.

Oakland: Justin Fargas, RB. Not that deep of a sleeper, but kind of out of the public mind after injuries and the horrible Oakland RBBC system this year. If the Raiders stick with what they've got at RB, he should win out as starter next season.

Johnnie Morant: Raw, but if he developed in practice this season, has the physical tools to compete for the WR2 position.

Kansas City: Chris Horn, WR. Green seemed to target him when he was on the field, and the announcers always said Green felt Horn was totally dependable to get him 11 yards on 3rd-and-10. Their WRs are mediocre and old, so he could get a shot, though it's unlikely.

NFC:

Philadelphia: Greg Lewis, WR. Has been great in the playoffs. If you were starting Todd Pinktson, wouldn't you always be looking to replace him?

Dallas: I got nothin'. I guess Reshard Lee, but most people already know about him and he couldn't beat out Richie/Eddie while Jones was hurt.

Washington: Taylor Jacobs, WR. Pretty much a forgotten man in FF. People discount him because he was a Spurrier pet, but that doesn't mean he's talentless. I don't really care for him, but he's worth a roster spot in a deep league.

NY Giants: Clarence Farmer, RB. I didn't even know he was on a roster until I was just checking through at NFL.com. Very talented, very messed up. Tiki's pretty old and Dayne's on his way out, which could open up a spot for Farmer to try and prove himself.

Minnesota: Jimmy Kleinsasser, TE. Might have been dropped after the injury and the emergence of Wiggins, but the Vikings would rather have a top-3 running game than a super-productive TE, so they'll put Kleinsasser in for most plays, and he'll get decent stats. Wiggins is also older than I though.

Chicago: Bernard Berrian, WR. It's not like they've got an actual WR on the team. He could step into a starting spot quite reasonably, and reports are he'd be good if he did (I've never really watched him much).

Detroit: Blech. I guess Mike McMahon (QB), whom some team could take a shot on.

Green Bay: Nall/O'Sullivan, QBs. One of them could take over behind a great line, with AGreen/Driver/JWalker as their skill guys. That's a killer setup for a young QB. Which one, though? If it's Nall, why did they trade for O'Sullivan? If it's O'Sullivan, why did they give Nall the game experience? I don't buy the Brees rumors any more since they picked up O'Sullivan.

Tampa Bay: Brad Johnson, QB. He could get one last chance somewhere. Arizona?

New Orleans: Nothing. Maybe someone gave up on Devery Henderson (WR)?

Atlanta: Nothing here, really. I guess Matt Schaub (QB), but most know of him and he's stuck behind Vick for eternity.

Carolina: Hey, I found JR Tolver! He's off the list, though.

Rod Rutherford, QB. He looked decent in college, and Weinke/Peete suck.

St. Louis: Jeff Smoker, QB. Bulger's still young, but Smoker seems like a guy who could really become something to me. Great physical tools, seems to have himself back in order after some substance problem in college. He's available on waivers in my league and I keep wondering if I'll pick him up.

Tony Hargrove, DE. I haven't been mentioning IDPs, but he deserves mentioning.

Seattle: Seneca Wallace, QB. Physically amazing - remember that run in college? If they can turn him into a pro QB, he could be a very good prospect.

Arizona: John Navarre, QB. Green switches QBs like mad. Could Navarre get another shot and be more ready that the first time? I doubt it, but I'm wrong a lot.

Troy Hambrick, RB. How much worse is he than Marcel Shipp? He could work his way into a RBBC.

San Francisco: Cody Pickett, QB. Sorry to go all QB on people, but that's just how it worked out. Dorsey showed he isn't the answer. SF says they aren't looking for a QB with their pick. Rattay is fragile and mediocre. Pickett could get a shot, and from what I saw in college, could maybe even do something with an opportunity.

:thumbup: Good list Tick, just two questions come to mind immediately.
Buffalo: Jason Peters, TE. Very long-term project, and I'm not sure if the Bills have figured out yet if he's a tackle or a TE... but he's physically impressive and they took a chance on him, then put him on the active roster. They don't have an impressive TE on the roster, so there's a possibility.Kansas City: Chris Horn, WR. Green seemed to target him when he was on the field, and the announcers always said Green felt Horn was totally dependable to get him 11 yards on 3rd-and-10. Their WRs are mediocre and old, so he could get a shot, though it's unlikely.
What happened to Tim Euhus, I know he went on IR, but he seems to have potential. Isn't Peters more a blocking TE than receiving, while Euhus is the opposite?I like Horn as well, could turn into a nice possession WR. I'd add Sammie Parker to this, as the deep threat. Both Morton and Kennison are on their last legs.Also, Kris Wilson.Edit - why doesn't "quote" work when using preview anymore?

I will probably hold on to Sage Rosenfels for another year. He was not worse than the others at Miami.I also like Terrance Coppers, wr Dal. Has plenty of speed.Landon Johnson. Rookie who had 60 tackles and 27 assists.If Cato June keeps his wslb spot, he could develope nicely. Had a decent year for his first year in the position. WS backers have done well in Dungy's system.

nice list TICK .. you have nothing to be ashamed about .. you KNOW your stuff.. very insightful and a couple names that i truly had forgotten about ..

deep sleeper: RB Quincy Wilson. i'm not even sure if he is on a roster (i think the falcons cut him at the beginning of the year), but he runs tough. i liked him a lot at WVU.

An interesting young WR that people have forgotten about is Walter Young. He was a teammate of Brandon Lloyd at Illinois. He's now on the Steelers practice squad. He has great size (6-4 220), and with Plaxico being a UFA it will be interesting to see which young WR steps up for the Steelers. Walter Young can use his size to go get jump balls in the end zone, and he has pretty good hands and concentration. He needs to become a better route runner because he's not very fast and defenders can jump his routes.

I like Wilson quite a bit. The opinions seem to be split on him here in the Shark Pool. here's a clip about him I wrote in the preseason....... And finally we have another favorite of mine, Quincy Wilson [5-9 225 4.47] who was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons. He was the 33rd rated RB coming out of high school and is the son of former Bear great Otis Wilson. He has a rare power/quickness combination that puts his athleticism in an elite class. He is an aggressive runner that has outstanding leg drive to power through arm tackles or push the pile. His vision is top notch and he is a patient runner that knows how to time his burst through the hole. When past the first level he has the balance and agility to make defenders miss, and is always aware of the cutback lanes. Ball security is somewhat of an issue and the coaches will work with him to fix that right away.

Josh Harris, the QB from Bowling Green was signed by the Cleveland Browns late in the season. Harris certainly has athletic ability, but it's likely that he'll still be buried on the depth chart in '05. He's still worth keeping an eye on IMO. Here's my preseason clip about Harris...... Josh Harris: (6-1 238 4.8) He is very raw and one heck of an athlete. One play he looks like Donovan McNabb, the next he looks like Cade McNown. He has a rocket arm and is good on the deep throws. Ball security is an issue and he likes to lock onto his targets too much. FANTASY IMPACT: A project that could pay dividends in the future. A mid to late round dynasty pick.

I like Wilson quite a bit. The opinions seem to be split on him here in the Shark Pool. here's a clip about him I wrote in the preseason....... And finally we have another favorite of mine, Quincy Wilson [5-9 225 4.47] who was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons. He was the 33rd rated RB coming out of high school and is the son of former Bear great Otis Wilson. He has a rare power/quickness combination that puts his athleticism in an elite class. He is an aggressive runner that has outstanding leg drive to power through arm tackles or push the pile. His vision is top notch and he is a patient runner that knows how to time his burst through the hole. When past the first level he has the balance and agility to make defenders miss, and is always aware of the cutback lanes. Ball security is somewhat of an issue and the coaches will work with him to fix that right away.
If I were QW (im not, but a WVU grad ;) ) I would pray some team sends me to NFL Europe to show my stuff.

WR Jamal Brousard is very quick and very elusive, only problem is he's also very small. Last I heard of him was when Carolina signed him off the Cincy practice squad.

Derrick Ward went from the NYJ to the NYG this season. He has some talent and could develop into a solid RB of the future. Here's another preseason clip...Derrick Ward [5-11 225 4.5] who was drafted by the New York Jets. This kid is a power back with plenty of speed. He was originally recruited to Fresno State and had some success while there. He earned Freshmen All-American honors even though he played most of his freshmen year with a broken hand. Academics kept him out for 2 seasons and he finally transferred to tiny Ottawa (Kan.) University. In his one season there he set a NAIA record by averaging 7.7 ypc for the season. He is a great athlete with outstanding hip swivel. He has excellent lower body strength and can power through the line, and create his own hole if he has to. He has good leg drive and runs with a low pad level that makes him hard to bring down. He is quick to the hole, showing great vision, and can bounce it to the outside where he gets a lot of yards after initial contact. He has a slight fumbling problem that needs to be addressed. He also needs to work on catching the ball away from his body to help with drops out of the backfield. He is J.R. Redmond’s cousin (ah, what might have been), and is a very capable back that would excel if given the chance.

If you guys don't mind, please comment in this thread about backup QBs. I tried to list all the guys who are young and not starting. Or put it here, but that thread could be good for reference when trying to think of all the young QBs.

Josh Harris is a great pick Clarence Farmer another .. really like this kid's skills.. but the head problems are another thing .. but who knows. maybe the GIANTS give him a chance I DONT like that fact that he has been out of football for most of the whole year though .. seems to me .. most of the sleepers.. even the PS type guys .. do enought o get their teams to atleast keep them in " football " reminds me of LUKE STALEY .. guy sat out of football after being cut last pre-season . has never gotten back ..

Where's the love for Dante Brown?The Bills picked him up late in the season and he's flashed some potential when he's gotten to play (mostly in the preseason). There was a time when he and Verron Haynes were slugging it out for a roster spot in Pittsburgh.

Clarence Farmer has a good skill set. Who knows if he'll ever get a shot. Clarence Farmer: (5-11 220 4.6) I really liked this kid when he first went to Arizona. That’s where his troubles started. He was suspended in both ’02 and ’03, and when he wasn’t in trouble he was hurt. His skill set is everything you’d want in a NFL star. He needs to keep his head in the game and stay healthy to have any shot. He started off right by impressing scouts at the combine with his maturity. He answered some painful questions about his past and had a decent workout. That certainly is a better 1st look than what oft-troubled Maurice Clarett gave. FANTASY IMPACT: I would take him late in a keeper league. Keep his name under your hat because I believe that in the right situation and given the chance Clarence could be a good NFL back.

WR Jamal Brousard is very quick and very elusive, only problem is he's also very small. Last I heard of him was when Carolina signed him off the Cincy practice squad.
Brousard is back with the Bengals again. Panthers released him after the season. Bengals love his punt return abilities. They think it's their version of Dante Hall

Earnest Graham is a guy I have on my PS right now. I loved his skill set he displayed in college while at Florida. He is a bowling ball type runner and very quick and shifty. He has a low center of gravity and great leg drive. I like his pad level when he runs and he changes directions very well. He's a decent receiver out of the backfield and gets upfield quickly after the catch. Durability is his biggest concern, but I feel if given the chance he could be a productive player in the NFL.

Ran Carthon is another young RB that is waiting for a chance. He hits the hole hard and will rarely dance in the backfield. He stuns awaiting defenders with a great stiff arm and picks up plenty of yards after contact. He does have some wiggle and isn't just a straight ahead runner. That being said I don't think he's incredibly elusive, he can "get skinny" when going through holes, and he has enough moves to get by defenders. His speed is his biggest concern.

there was a time when the board actually would have been good for posts like this .. but in the last year seems like the sharks have left and a we are left with the "mass's" or the weekend warrior types.. wonder what happened
See what happens when a give a thread more than 1.5 hours to flourish during a late Saturday night...I'm still surprised that Jason Geathers hasn't received more of a look around the league. He went undrafted and signed on with Cleveland (since released, now with the Giants). He was fun to watch at Miami and seems to have a nice blend of size/speed/athleticism.Devard Darling: spent the year on Baltimores IR with a heel injury

Following Aaron's format from last season, but much feebler because I'm not as in-tune with the practice squad types, here's a start:

AFC:

Buffalo: Jason Peters, TE. Very long-term project, and I'm not sure if the Bills have figured out yet if he's a tackle or a TE... but he's physically impressive and they took a chance on him, then put him on the active roster. They don't have an impressive TE on the roster, so there's a possibility.
Jason Peters is one big cat! With TE's emerging all over the league it wouldn't surprise me to see JP put up some decent numbers. Jason Peters (undrafted), TE- The best blocker in this class. He started his career at Arkansas on the Defensive Line. He is huge but extremely agile for a man his size. He has long arms to push back defenders and uses his large frame to shield the ball. He has no second gear and is not a vertical threat.

Redraft Rating: 1

Dynasty Rating: 4

Johnnie Morant: Raw, but if he developed in practice this season, has the physical tools to compete for the WR2 position.
Morant is another young WR that I like quite a bit.Johnnie Morant, WR- He is very tall and very fast. He is extremely athletic and can make the big catch in traffic. With his size he overpowers defenders and gets into good position. He needs to be more consistent but could develop into a superstar.Redraft Rating: 2Dynasty Rating: 8

Chicago: Bernard Berrian, WR. It's not like they've got an actual WR on the team. He could step into a starting spot quite reasonably, and reports are he'd be good if he did (I've never really watched him much).
Berrian has plenty of playmaking skills. Bernard Berrian, WR- This guy has big play written all over him. His speed is elite and he commands a lot of respect from defensive backs who fear getting burned. He has great burst and can get to full speed in a hurry. He knows how to set up defenders well and has quick footwork, body control and balance. May spend most of his rookie year as a kick return specialist. Doesn’t like to get hit and is no good over the middle. Redraft Rating: 2Dynasty Rating: 5

Wr-D.Hamilton - the big guy out of the young San Fran wr .. didnt play at all this year .. very very raw .. but was a gamer in college
Looking at Hamilton's numbers from last years Individual Workout..."Hamilton (6-2¾, 194) ran his 40s in 4.42 and 4.44. He had a 40½-inch vertical jump 10-foot-5 long jump, ran 4.22 in the short shuttle, 12.35 in the long shuttle and 6.78 in the three-cone drill. "

Those are pretty damn impressive compared to the superstar, Mike Williams:

"Williams (6-4 5/8, 228) ran his 40s for times of 4.56 with the wind and 4.62 against the wind. He had a 37-inch vertical jump, a 10-1 long jump, a 4.34 short shuttle and a 6.84 three-cone. They say he looked good in the workout. "

for reference...

"(Devery) Henderson (5-11¼, 196) ran his 40s in 4.38 and 4.36. He had a 35½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-3 long jump, 4.27 short shuttle, 11.37 long shuttle and 6.78 three-cone drill."

"(Bernard) Berrian (6-1, 183) ran the 40 three times and came in at 4.47, 4.50 and 4.53. He had a 39-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-9 long jump and a 4.15 short shuttle. He did the position drills after workout was over."

"(Reggie) Williams (6-4 1/8, 225) ran the 40 five times (4.48, 4.49, 4.56, 4.58, and 4.64). He also clocked in at 1.60 seconds in the 10-yard dash. He did a 36-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-11 long jump, and recorded a 4.34 in the short shuttle and a 7.01 in the cone drill. This player is a lot like Jerry Rice in that his time is not as impressive as his build-up speed."

"(Terrance) Copper (5-11 1/8, 204) ran a 4.40 and 4.46 in the 40. He also had a 38½-inch vertical, a 9-11 long jump, did 14 reps and ran 4.59 in the short shuttle, a 12.28 in the long shuttle and a 7.06 in the three-cone drill."

One guy I am excited about, Jerricho Cotchery. He got limited action with NY Jets this year, but this is a guy who fits the NFL reciever mold perfectly. Very fast, Very tough, and on my roster....... :P

One guy I am excited about, Jerricho Cotchery. He got limited action with NY Jets this year, but this is a guy who fits the NFL reciever mold perfectly. Very fast, Very tough, and on my roster....... :P
Jerricho Cotchery, WR- He is a good sized receiver that uses that to his advantage. He is a tough, hard nosed receiver that isn’t afraid to go over the middle. He is quick and a savvy route runner. He doesn’t have elite speed but can contribute in the deep passing game.Redraft Rating: 3Dynasty Rating: 5I also like another Jet sleeper, Jonathan Carter.Finally we have Jonathan Carter (6-0 180lbs.). Carter is a player that I’ve been watching very closely since his days with the Giants. He is now a Jet and showing tremendous playmaking ability. Each week he is making spectacular plays and is gaining more confidence from Chad Pennington. He can really get behind defenders and is best running deep routes. He can make multiple defenders miss with his incredible agility and is a huge threat for yards after the catch. He has great field vision and can read defenses with ease. He is a bit undersized, but could make a nice #2 beside Santana Moss if Justin McCareins doesn't work out.

I'm still surprised that Jason Geathers hasn't received more of a look around the league. He went undrafted and signed on with Cleveland (since released, now with the Giants). He was fun to watch at Miami and seems to have a nice blend of size/speed/athleticism.Devard Darling: spent the year on Baltimores IR with a heel injury
Geathers has great potential if healthy, the problem is he's rarely been healthy!Jason Geathers (undrafted), WR- He was the 3rd ranked WR when he came out of high school. He is a big target that has all the tools to be a solid pro. Inconsistency and injuries derailed his college career.Redraft Rating: 1Dynasty Rating: 4Devard Darling is interesting as well. Devard Darling, WR- The Ravens got what they needed in Darling. He is a big, smooth route runner that does his best work on the deep routes. He gets upfield quickly and has good speed and a second gear that allows him to track down balls in the air. He can overpower defensive backs and shows some nice aggression when going after jump balls on the fade route. He is still a little raw, but he is a good athlete with great upside.Redraft Rating: 3Dynasty Rating: 6

Clarence Farmer has a good skill set. Who knows if he'll ever get a shot. Clarence Farmer: (5-11 220 4.6) I really liked this kid when he first went to Arizona. That’s where his troubles started. He was suspended in both ’02 and ’03, and when he wasn’t in trouble he was hurt. His skill set is everything you’d want in a NFL star. He needs to keep his head in the game and stay healthy to have any shot. He started off right by impressing scouts at the combine with his maturity. He answered some painful questions about his past and had a decent workout. That certainly is a better 1st look than what oft-troubled Maurice Clarett gave. FANTASY IMPACT: I would take him late in a keeper league. Keep his name under your hat because I believe that in the right situation and given the chance Clarence could be a good NFL back.
this guy will be in prison before he ever does anything on the football field. He isn't playing with a full deck.

:no: From NFL.com:

Negatives: Very deliberate getting into his routes, needing to gather himself in order to accelerate … Uses his field savvy and moves to elude as he lacks the sudden burst to gain separation … Needs to do a better job along the sidelines (can be knocked out of bounds as he tends to lower his head, taking away vision on the move) … Can release, but his lack of separation speed could be a problem at the next level.

AGILITY TESTS

Timed at 4.66 in the 40-yard dash

I'm hanging onto Kris Wilson(TE) hoping that he moves into Jason Dunn's role as Gonzo's backup next year.Everything I read in the preseason about him was positive but he was never able to see the field once he broke his leg.Vermeil was gushing about this guy all offseason for whats it's worth.The one negative is playing behind Gonzo who looks to be playing for quite a few more years......

:no: From NFL.com:

Negatives: Very deliberate getting into his routes, needing to gather himself in order to accelerate … Uses his field savvy and moves to elude as he lacks the sudden burst to gain separation … Needs to do a better job along the sidelines (can be knocked out of bounds as he tends to lower his head, taking away vision on the move) … Can release, but his lack of separation speed could be a problem at the next level.

AGILITY TESTS

Timed at 4.66 in the 40-yard dash
Maybe we can agree that Cotchery plays faster than the stopwatch indicates?From Week 17:

13:30 NYJ TD STL kicked off, Jerricho Cotchery returned kickoff for 94 yards (Doug Brien made PAT)

I'll keep an eye on him in any case--I mean, we ARE talking about DEEP sleepers here.

Tim Carter WR NYGI think he busted his ACL again this year, but the Giants wideouts are getting old and they don't have much talent behind Toomer/Hilliard. If Carter has kept his speed and explosiveness (ACL tears aren't what they used to be) then he might be an impact player 2 years from now.

Tim Carter WR NYGI think he busted his ACL again this year, but the Giants wideouts are getting old and they don't have much talent behind Toomer/Hilliard. If Carter has kept his speed and explosiveness (ACL tears aren't what they used to be) then he might be an impact player 2 years from now.
Actually he fractured his hip this time. I am hoping Jamaar Taylor is less injury prone than Carter. He is one year removed from his torn ACL and has been battling hamstring injuries all year. He did manage to catch a few of Eli's deep passes.

D.Armstrong from houston is another .... he has a real good chance to take the # 2 spot next year

I'm hanging onto Kris Wilson(TE) hoping that he moves into Jason Dunn's role as Gonzo's backup next year.Everything I read in the preseason about him was positive but he was never able to see the field once he broke his leg.Vermeil was gushing about this guy all offseason for whats it's worth.The one negative is playing behind Gonzo who looks to be playing for quite a few more years......
part of the plan was to get him on field WITH gonzo in two TE sets... if you were the defense, who would you prioritize coverage on? that could mean a lot of shots for wilson. kiper was very high on him, and despite pressing needs on defense, vermiel used a second rounder on him. i don't think they would have paid that unless they intend to use him sooner rather than later. dallas clark could be a comp player/situation.

Kansas City: Chris Horn, WR. Green seemed to target him when he was on the field, and the announcers always said Green felt Horn was totally dependable to get him 11 yards on 3rd-and-10. Their WRs are mediocre and old, so he could get a shot, though it's unlikely.
Kansas City: Samie Parker, WR.Did not record a catch ( no playing time) in the first 13 games, but in week 15, 16 & 17, he recorded 3 catches in each of the three games for a total of 137 yards (46 yards per game) with 1 TD reception.I think either Horn or Parker could break through over the next couple years, especially considering Kennison is 31 and not really that great (IMO) although he did have his career year, and Johnnie Morton is 33 and I think in danger of being cut. I thought I heard he had a larger cap number for next season, but I have been known to be wrong.Trent Green is 34, but he was a late bloomer, and I think he has another 2 very good seasons left in him.That all adds up to a young receiver joining the mix sooner rather than later, but we also don't know what the Chiefs will do in the draft, even though we know they should probably spend every pick on defensive players.

What about WR Justin Gage CHI? He was not used a lot this year, but in his rookie season he looked ready to break out. He has good size at 6'4" 210lbs and good leaping ability and he averaged 19.9 yards per catch as a rookie. Not sure which young CHI WR is a better dynasty player Justin Gage or Bernard Berrian but look like they have good potienal.

TE - ZACK HILTON saints have had this former basketball player from NORTH CAROLINA on their team for 2 y ears now .. guy was signed off the practice squad in week 15 i believe.. because their were other teams sniffing around on him and they didnt want to lose him ... he is huge 6'8 good size... and i have watched him in person during training camp and pre-season games.. the guy has talent real deep .. esepcially since BOO WILLIAMS did nothing this year to show he was the future of the Saints TE positon .. and the Saints are one of those teams that use the TE position alot in the goal line

D.Armstrong from houston is another .... he has a real good chance to take the # 2 spot next year
Next up is Derick Armstrong (6-2 206). He went to Arkansas-Monticello and is a relative unknown. That is unknown to all except those who read The Dark Phoenix! We all know that Jabar Gaffney and Corey Bradford are just fill in guys and not true #2 WR’s. Armstrong is a favorite of the coaching staff and is starting to get more playing time. He is a sizeable target with good speed. His hands are big and strong and he catches the ball nicely away from his body. His concentration is huge and 5 of his 6 receptions last year went for first downs. It will take him some more time to develop as a route runner, and he is a bit raw, however he’s very dedicated, focused, and athletically gifted. He could develop into a great complement to All Pro Andre Johnson.

there was a time when the board actually would have been good for posts like this .. but in the last year seems like the sharks have left and a we are left with the "mass's" or the weekend warrior types.. wonder what happened
Dilution.If the thread is still going after the Superbowl (when I start my analyses for next year), I'll chime in. There's a kid (a wr) on the NYG I like.

Jabar Gaffney was selected as the #1 pick of the 2nd round. He has played as well as can be expected considering Carr rarely gets past option 1 anyway.Could Armstrong have some value? Sure, but Gaffney is going to be given every chance, over and over, to hold the #2 role.COlin

I play in a 15 year dynasty league. I always am careful about the last couple of guys on my bench at the end of the year and try to load up on high upside guys. The guy that I'm highest on now as a great deep sleeper is Darius Watts. If you're unfamilar with him. Here's the file on him:

- Played at Marshall. Put up big numbers. Broke most of Randy Moss's records.

- Was slated to be abound a 3rd round pick going into the draft. The knock on him was that he played for a small school and needs to put on muscle. Most reports had him at 6'2", 190.

- Was taken by the Broncos in the 2nd round, which was called a reach by most draftniks.

- Showed up at Broncos camp and blew past Champ Bailey for a score early on. Routinely tore up Broncos camp, showing much maturity for a rookie.

- Played sparingly with the emergence of Ashley Lelie. Had a key drop late in a game midseason and saw his playing time decrease.

But the fact is that Watts upside is through the roof and will eventually succeed Rod Smith in Denver.

This artlcle on Watts gives you a taste of what he could be capable of: "Watching Watts operate at times calls to mind former Broncos running back Clinton Portis' rookie season. The talent, speed and quickness were obvious, but when Portis got into the open field early, he rushed himself and, time after time, propelled himself to the ground. Watts displays the same type of raw talent but also seems out of control at times, like a wild, untamed mustang."

"He's definitely talented," Broncos receivers coach Steve Watson said. "He's got the kind of talent where he can be as good in this league as there is. And I guess you could say there's a little bit of excitement in his gait. But the game before, against Cincinnati, he caught the ball on the outside and made the first guy miss just so easily. I mean, that kind of ability, once he gets his legs under him, you can't touch him."

Plus Mike Shanahan was quoted in Sports Illustrated that IIRC said something like "once he becomes a starter, no one is going to be able cover him one on one".

I also like Derrick Hamilton of the Niners a lot. He was taken after Rashaun Woods but I read in more than one place that he may be the better WR. Think "Boom or Bust" with Hamilton. The guy has all the measurables and raw skills you would want in a wide receiver, but has a lot to learn about becoming an NFL WR. Sometimes guys like this become Terrell Owens. More often than not they end up like Michael Ricks. But the fact is for "end of the bench" guys you're looking for upside and Hamilton has it in spades.

Its not that i dont like Gaffney . i do actually .. but i have been reading on and on and on .. that gaffney is someone who they feel that they can replace very easily . .and they need to get someone who is more phycical and who has better hands.. which Armstong is .. i actually like gaffney though . so nothing bad to say about him ..

Both Gaffney and Armstrong could see more playing time if Brandford is gone. But what happens if his replacement is this seasons leading receiver?

Despite his age and history of injury, Muhammad could be targeted by the Texans as a possible replacement for unrestricted free agent Corey Bradford. Coincidentally, Texans head coach Dom Capers was the Panthers' head coach when Carolina selected Muhammad in the second round of the 1996 draft.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

Senaca Wallace is another .. he was a great player maker in college . he is short for a QB . but he is the closest thing to m.vick .. at that position on another team he will start to be used in the A.Randel El form next year from what i read

Users who are viewing this thread