What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Jonathan Williams, Lions (1 Viewer)

Stealthycat said:
I'm starting Williams over Robert Woods
good move - I watched Williams at Arkansas, he's a good RB. Not stellar, but good. In the coming weeks behind Indy's line, he might be a good RB2

tough schedule coming up though but I look his targets in the passing game

barackdhouse said:
Gore is only like 46 yards from moving past Barry Sanders
I avoided Frank for several years at the beginning of his career because he was injury prone.  He averaged playing 15 games a season entering this year.

The rankings on sites for players should never be looked it is the lesson I seem to have to relearn every year.  Dodds had Brian HIll 17 and Williams 29 so I went Hill and sat Williams nearly every league because he was so lowly ranked...……...Rotoworld had Hyde 20, Scarbrough 24 and Williams way down to 40 so I sat Williams nearly every league.

I think in all my time playing fantasy football when I am debating players and I look at rankings the rankings are 75% wrong.  It's a great service but they are no more accurate than any joe Smo who plays fantasy football.  

Dizzy said:
Fearful of an all-hands-on-deck approach from Indy with their RBs tonight. Browsing around and seeing a lot of pro-Wilkins stuff... well... maybe not a LOT, but enough to shake me out of the Jonathan Williams tree. Swapping him back out for Dev Singletary (and not feeling good about him either).

Good luck to those rolling w/ Williams tonight.
You got screwed like me pulling him out of your lineup for Singletary (I did same thing 1 league)

Wilkins was emergency only well too bad we didn't know that before the game.  We did get the news Williams was starting but was told everywhere that it be a 3 headed committee.

The rankings on sites for players should never be looked it is the lesson I seem to have to relearn every year.  Dodds had Brian HIll 17 and Williams 29 so I went Hill and sat Williams nearly every league because he was so lowly ranked...……...Rotoworld had Hyde 20, Scarbrough 24 and Williams way down to 40 so I sat Williams nearly every league.

I think in all my time playing fantasy football when I am debating players and I look at rankings the rankings are 75% wrong.  It's a great service but they are no more accurate than any joe Smo who plays fantasy football.  
I played him in three leagues and over Hill in one. On the other hand, my ### is chapped starting Hilton over Golloday woh was ranked one spot ahead. Oh well.....

I was in the camp that it would be a split for early down and short yardage work between Wilkins and Williams (with Hines role staying static) and I want to stick with that on the notion that Wilkins was an emergency only option on Thursday but, man they fed the heck out of Williams and he looked solid...but not spectacular.

If Wilkins is healthy next week and Mack is out, how do we see this backfield performing. I obviously could not trade Wilkins for a bag.of rocks in redraft but I may be willing to risk trading another RB if we think Thursday night was a mirage 

I think Williams is a strong buy at the price of a rookie 2nd or 3rd for those contending and needing a piece.  This guy could easily have a Damien 2018 playoff run. 

He's already started it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan Williams spanned 14 yards on eight carries while submitting an 11-yard catch on his lone target Sunday in the Colts’ Week 13 loss to Tennessee.

Coming off consecutive 100-yard rushing performances, this was an unexpected setback for Williams, who saw scant usage, particularly in the second half of Sunday's defeat. He saw just 16 snaps for the game, fewer than teammates Nyheim Hines (31) and Jordan Wilkins (30), and didn't record a single second-half touch. Whether the benching was performance-based (he didn't exactly blow the doors off with his 1.8 yards per carry) or injury-related, Williams was not a factor in this one. With Indy's backfield quickly devolving into a committee, Williams will be difficult to trust against Tampa Bay's funnel defense in Week 14.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what now??  Should we assume Wilkins is the lead back in a committee?  I've only seen "we have no idea" type comments at various sites.  Don't the football teams have beat writers and don't the coaches hold pressers every day anymore?

So, what now??  Should we assume Wilkins is the lead back in a committee?  I've only seen "we have no idea" type comments at various sites.  Don't the football teams have beat writers and don't the coaches hold pressers every day anymore?
Mack is targeting a week 14 return, adding to the confusion.

Lions agreed to terms with RB Jonathan Williams.

It's a depth signing for Detroit. It will be Williams' fourth NFL team after he saw a couple spot starts for the Colts in 2019, rushing for a combined 220 yards in Week 11 and 12. Williams could be a waiver add if the Lions' running backs struggle with injuries in 2020. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 17, 2020, 10:21 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread