What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Terrace Marshall Jr, Panthers - making plays at training camp (1 Viewer)

I've got him in 2/3 dynasty leagues and plan to try to buy him in the other.  I think once he gets the opportunity, he's going to do big things.  

But I also thought DJ Moore was a "really good, not great" reciever, and he's clearly proven me wrong on that.  Dude is an absolute stud.

I've got him in 2/3 dynasty leagues and plan to try to buy him in the other.  I think once he gets the opportunity, he's going to do big things.  

But I also thought DJ Moore was a "really good, not great" reciever, and he's clearly proven me wrong on that.  Dude is an absolute stud.
I just don’t understand why they signed Anderson. I guess Marshall may get WR2 opportunity after next year?

I just don’t understand why they signed Anderson. I guess Marshall may get WR2 opportunity after next year?
Probably.  

In terms of redraft, you're probably safe to drop Marshall.   And in dynasty, hopefully you don't need to rely on him right now.  They may get tired of Anderson's lack of production if he doesn't turn it on soon.  That's the hope anyways.  I think Marshall is an outstanding talent and if he gets the looks, he'll do things with them.

Terrace Marshall (concussion) didn't practice Wednesday.

Marshall was concussed in the Week 6 loss to the Vikings. The second-round rookie has 14 catches for 116 scoreless yards on the year. Brandon Zylstra was sent to I.R. this week, leaving D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson to hog targets against the Giants.

Oct 20, 2021, 4:46 PM ET

Terrace Marshall (concussion) didn't practice for the second consecutive day on Thursday

Panthers beat reports have noted that Marshall will likely be down on Sunday with this news. Not a single Carolina receiver besides Robby Anderson and D.J. Moore cracked three targets against Minnesota last Sunday and Marshall's absence is an underrated problem for the team's sudden problems in the passing game. Brandon Zylstra, who led the other wideouts with a 49% snap share in Week 7, was just sent to injured reserve. 

RELATED: 

Brandon Zylstra

Oct 21, 2021, 4:00 PM ET

Terrace Marshall (concussion) missed a second consecutive day of practice on Thursday.

Marshall hasn't practiced since leaving the Week 6 game against the Vikings with the concussion. Keith Kirkwood led all non-D.J. Moore/Robby Anderson Panthers wideouts in targets with five during Sunday's loss to the Giants, but gained just 17 yards. Even against a Falcons defense that has struggled this year, it's hard to recommend low-value targets on this offense right now. 

Oct 28, 2021, 2:56 PM ET

Panthers WR Terrace Marshall (concussion) won't play in Week 8 against the Falcons.

Willie Snead, recently signed after requesting his release from the Raiders, is not expected to make his debut on Sunday, either. Keith Kirkwood was activated in Week 7 against the Giants, accruing a 12.8% target share in his first game of the year, and will continue to run routes from the slot in between D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson. Marshall is droppable in every format outside of dynasty leagues.

SOURCE: Steve Reed on Twitter

Oct 29, 2021, 1:06 PM ET

Terrace Marshall (concussion) returned to practice Wednesday.

Marshall has manned the slot for the Panthers when healthy, but has not been productive. The rookie has just 0.75 yards per route run, which is an extremely poor mark. Even he can return for Week 9, and Sam Darnold is also cleared, he's unlikely to have much of a role this week. Marshall is a dynasty league only hold.

SOURCE: Joe Person on Twitter

Nov 3, 2021, 12:53 PM ET

Terrace Marshall was held without a catch in the Panthers' Week 9 loss to the Patriots. 

Active for the first time since suffering a concussion for Week 6, there was predictably nothing for Marshall to do as the No. 3 receiver in a collapsed offense. Even if Sam Darnold gets the car keys taken away for Week 10 against the Cardinals and P.J. Walker is inserted, Marshall will remain miles from re-draft relevance. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Panthers declared WR Terrace Marshall inactive for Week 12 against the Dolphins.

Marshall is a healthy scratch after an unproductive first 11 weeks to his rookie season. Brandon Zylstra is now the Panthers’ third wideout. Also inactive for the Panthers are QB Matt Barkley, S Kenny Robinson, CB Rashaan Melvin, LB Kamal Martin, OG John Miller, and TE Colin Thompson.

Nov 28, 2021, 12:14 PM ET

Panthers WR Terrace Marshall is active for Week 14 against the Falcons. 

Healthy scratched last week, Marshall is at least back on the 46-man roster. Marshall has not been impressive this season, but it is difficult to judge in the context of the Panthers' offensive collapse. He is not about to have a stretch-run renaissance as the Panthers go run-heavy post OC Joe Brady's firing. Inactive for the Panthers are WR Shi Smith, LG Michael Jordan, RG John Miller, QB Matt Barkley, S Kenny Robinson and DE Darryl Johnson.

Dec 12, 2021, 11:38 AM ET

Panthers coach Matt Rhule said he expects Terrace Marshall (foot) to be ready for OTAs.

He added that the foot injury is a short-term deal. The Panthers added Marshall at the top of the second round in the 2021 NFL Draft but he struggled through injuries and inconsistent playing time as a rookie. A concussion and the foot injury that eventually landed him on IR limited him to 13 games. He peaked with a 4/48 line in Week 3. Marshall was expected to take on a role in the slot and he initially appeared to have a solid role, earning at least a 50 percent snap share in every game through five weeks. That role tapered off and he wouldn't eclipse half of the team's snaps again until Week 16. Marshall is an interesting dynasty player but he will likely be too far behind D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson to garner much redraft buzz.

SOURCE: Darin Gantt on Twitter

Jan 10, 2022, 1:48 PM ET

Most disappointing for sure.  I saw talent and he landed in a horrible situation,so he is a hold for now.
I drafted him over Moore and Bateman.  Had all 3 of them close together and the pre-season hype pushed me in that direction.  

Liked him as a very early 2nd round target in dynasty.   Thought he had enough of a shot at a rookie breakout to draft him in the double digit rounds of redraft.   I'm thinking I will float my late 3rd rounder if I can't think of a better package to work him into, but I doubt that gets it done.   Maybe early 3rd / late 2nd is the going rate?   

1. J Tolbert
  2. W Robinson
  3. Christian Watson
  4. Romeo Doubs 
  5. Alec Pierce 
  6. Metchie III
Which of these rookies do you pass on for Terrace Marshall Reloaded?

Since when do all WRs breakout in their first year?   Disappointing?  LOLZ
True, there are plenty of WRs that had very quiet rookie years and then broke out. But you’d like to see something - anything - in that rookie year to show signs and he did nothing of the sort. With Moore and Anderson ahead of him and on the young side, I’m skeptical he’ll that we’ll see him break out barring injuries ahead of him.

I am not optimistic and I was really high on him coming into this year, at least from the standpoint that I thought he would flash if nothing else. But he didn't and was a designated healthy scratch at least a couple times.

It is fair to say not everyone breaks out 1st year but he barely got on the field when he was healthy. Rookie faceplanter and their track record is horrible.

He was one of my most drafted WRs across my dynasties last year. FFPC and cuts are tight. The harsh reality is I am probably accepting a late 2nd or early 3rd and taking the L. But *nobody* has nibbled around for him. I will hold where I can but I just do not have faith.

One of my worst calls of last year. 

I am not optimistic and I was really high on him coming into this year, at least from the standpoint that I thought he would flash if nothing else. But he didn't and was a designated healthy scratch at least a couple times.

It is fair to say not everyone breaks out 1st year but he barely got on the field when he was healthy. Rookie faceplanter and their track record is horrible.

He was one of my most drafted WRs across my dynasties last year. FFPC and cuts are tight. The harsh reality is I am probably accepting a late 2nd or early 3rd and taking the L. But *nobody* has nibbled around for him. I will hold where I can but I just do not have faith.

One of my worst calls of last year. 
I tried so hard to get him included in a deal last year when I was doing my fire-sale, but the owner, like you, had invested in him widely. 

He rejected any inclusion of him. Probably did me a favor. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I tried so hard to get him included in a deal last year when I was doing my fire-sale, but the owner, like you, had invested in him widely. 

He rejected any inclusion of him. Probably did me a favor. 
Not all WRs breakout their rookie year, so no judgment passed by me on Marshall yet.  We live in an instant gratification world and sometimes it can be great for fantasy football when you can take advantage when people get impatient.  Not saying Marshall will be a thing, just making a point.

Not all WRs breakout their rookie year, so no judgment passed by me on Marshall yet.  We live in an instant gratification world and sometimes it can be great for fantasy football when you can take advantage when people get impatient.  Not saying Marshall will be a thing, just making a point.
Oh I agree. But even if Marshall is the 2nd coming of Randy Moss, that team needs a QB in a bad way. 

The Athletic's Joseph Person notes that WR Terrace Marshall's stock is rising after a good showing at minicamp and OTAs. 

"[Matt] Rhule talked as though he expects Marshall to be an integral part of the receiving rotation and could line up at all three spots," Person writes, adding that "Marshall looks more confident." Marshall definitely has the runway to make a leap in Carolina, and Robbie Anderson didn't exactly play well last season. But he may not be a fantasy factor unless a better quarterback than Sam Darnold is acquired or found in Charlotte. 

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jun 21, 2022, 4:13 PM ET

Ari@FFesq

Been grabbing a ton of Marshall in the final round of best ball. Wondered how long that would last. These early drafts favor those who are good at talent evaluation vs the people that have to see or hear it first.

I'm still a believer but there are a lot of people leaving him for dead because the history of wrs who don't get 525 yards as a rookie is really, really bad no matter the reason.  He's got the potential to buck that trend, but I'm not sure what I'd pay for him if i didn't have him already 

bostonfred said:
I'm still a believer but there are a lot of people leaving him for dead because the history of wrs who don't get 525 yards as a rookie is really, really bad no matter the reason.  He's got the potential to buck that trend, but I'm not sure what I'd pay for him if i didn't have him already 
He’s a buy for a 3rd. Most aren’t selling him for that. 

Im in the middle of a dynasty bestball startup and he’s going 7-10 rounds after guys like David Bell, Alec Pierce, etc. Great buy at his current price. 

ZERO s naps in week 1. Losing faith in a hurry. No one on waivers worth shaking a stick at, but as soon as there is...

You've got to hold for another year and hope he gets an opportunity. He's super young, has had poor QB play, and has good WR's ahead of him. You'd be a fool to give up this early.

You've got to hold for another year and hope he gets an opportunity. He's super young, has had poor QB play, and has good WR's ahead of him. You'd be a fool to give up this early.
Depends on roster size, hard to in my league with just 18 spots. He Is one I am watching from afar for signs of life however.

Depends on roster size, hard to in my league with just 18 spots. He Is one I am watching from afar for signs of life however.
That’s true. I’d have a hard time keeping him in a shallow league

I liked this guy coming out of LSU. He is only 22 and seems to have gotten off on the wrong foot with the previous staff. Coaching change coming and I wouldn’t be shocked if they clear some guys (Robbie Anderson would make sense). He caught 4 balls last week and Rhule (just before he exited) was talking about how TMJ had three great weeks of practice and would have played regardless of the Laviska injury. As far as a cheap dynasty flier he may be worth monitoring.

I liked this guy coming out of LSU. He is only 22 and seems to have gotten off on the wrong foot with the previous staff. Coaching change coming and I wouldn’t be shocked if they clear some guys (Robbie Anderson would make sense). He caught 4 balls last week and Rhule (just before he exited) was talking about how TMJ had three great weeks of practice and would have played regardless of the Laviska injury. As far as a cheap dynasty flier he may be worth monitoring.
It would make a ton of sense to deal Anderson and roll with Moore/Marshall/Shenault as the top-3 guys. I think both Marshall and Shenault are good talents, who just got in the doghouse of guys who aren't currently coaching.

Terrace Marshall operated as the Panthers' fill-in No. 2 receiver in their Week 6 loss to the Rams after Robbie Anderson was sent to the locker room for disciplinary reasons.

Already on the trade block, Anderson seems to have argued his way off the roster. That would force Marshall into No. 2 duties, in theory a nice role, but one with zero upside in this offense. He drew only one target in Anderson's second half absence. We would not go running to the waiver wire.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Terrace Marshall caught 2-of-3 targets for 31 yards in Carolina's Week 7 win over Tampa.

Carolina threw just six targets to non-D.J. Moore receivers, with Marshall having three of them. The incompletion was a drop on Carolina's first pass of the game, as Marshall specialized in the deep sideline hole shot in this one. It's hard to say what "a lot more opportunities" going forward really means as a fantasy receiver on a team with no set quarterback, but Marshall appears to at least be on the desperation FLEX radar again with Robbie Anderson off to Arizona.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Marshall caught four of nine targets for 87 yards in Sunday's 37-34 overtime loss to the Falcons.
Marshall set new single-game career highs in targets and receiving yards. The 2021 second-round pick is still searching for his first NFL touchdown, but Marshall has an opportunity to establish himself as Carolina's No. 2 wide receiver behind DJ Moore.
Things are looking up. Kid's looking better and more confident each week. All it took was a coach who didn't quickly give up on him. Imagine that.

Terrace Marshall played 93% of snaps in the Panthers' Week 8 loss to the Falcons.​

Marshall appears locked in as the Panthers' WR2 after Sunday's performance. The second-year receiver was second on the team with nine targets and turned them into four receptions for 87 yards. Marshall ran just one fewer route than D.J. Moore and is averaging 14.8 YPR on the season. Marshall shouldn't be relied on as a weekly starter for fantasy, but he could have some matchup-based FLEX appeal in deeper leagues.
Oct 31, 2022, 10:11 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread