What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Research Project - Data Needed (1 Viewer)

Chad Parsons

I am starting what could be a long project, but a potentially rewarding one. Specifically, the make-up of playoff-bound dynasty teams and the ultimate champion. To do that, I need data. I will be mining a bunch off of MFL-hosted leagues in my free time, but your contribution here would be one that saves a ton of time and increases the sample size for better information.

The purpose is to analyze rosters that do well and look for the common players, were they breakout stars, undervalued based on 2012 ADP, were they highly-drafted centerpieces? Did most have top-6 QBs? Was a dominant TE a common trait? Things like that...

Here is what to post:

If you just want to post a link, that is fine and thank you for providing that. In addition, listing the teams that finished 1st to 4th (or 6th, however many made the playoffs). Also list the starting requirements, any special scoring.

For those that want to help and go one step further....(big-time thanks in advance and may I bless positive karma on you for years to come), please post the actual rosters here (cut and paste) in the order of playoff finish and create a header for each like:

1st place

<roster>

2nd place

<roster>

Etc.

Thanks to all that contribute to this study. Looking forward to analyzing and sharing the data!

*Note 2012 leagues, playoff teams, champions at this time*

Last edited by a moderator:
Any good place within the reports on the site to pull MFL info? Want to help but can't seem to find a good format?

12 team PPR, start 4 WR/TE

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=78889&O=07

1st place - Purple Headed Yogurt Slingers (seeded 1st)

2nd place - Sunday Swagger (seeded 7th)

3rd place - The Chef (seeded 6th)

4th place - Lone Star Brewtality (seeded 4th)

5th place - Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe (seeded 3rd)

6th place - CMHW (seeded 5th)

7th place - RxRated (seeded 2nd)

Any good place within the reports on the site to pull MFL info? Want to help but can't seem to find a good format?

12 team PPR, start 4 WR/TE

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=78889&O=07

1st place - Purple Headed Yogurt Slingers (seeded 1st)

2nd place - Sunday Swagger (seeded 7th)

3rd place - The Chef (seeded 6th)

4th place - Lone Star Brewtality (seeded 4th)

5th place - Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe (seeded 3rd)

6th place - CMHW (seeded 5th)

7th place - RxRated (seeded 2nd)
This looks good. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread