What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty stash players? (1 Viewer)

Here's a name no one's mentioned: William Green. Does anyone else think he'll get one more look from another team out there?
I have already stashed until he is declared done and over, never thought he got a great shot in Clevland

Here's a name no one's mentioned: William Green. Does anyone else think he'll get one more look from another team out there?
I have already stashed until he is declared done and over, never thought he got a great shot in Clevland
He's on my IR because Cleveland IR'd him at the end of the preseason, so he's not occupying any active roster space. I would have figured that someone would have signed him by now though. With Perry done maybe Cincy will sign him - God knows he has enough dysfunction in his personal life to qualify for a spot on that team. :mellow:

I like Bethel Johnson. The guy has good hands (watch the way he fields his kickoffs - catches it above his head and not cradle against his body), great speed, and he doesn't have much in the way of competition. Unless they go free agency or draft a big name, I could see him getting a shot.

I have Brodie Croyle, Tavaris Jackson, Topper, and now Earnest Graham. I also have 3 first round draft picks next year.

No one has mentioned Croyle. IS he considered worthless? I also have Brees and Vick as QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Brodie Croyle, Tavaris Jackson, Topper, and now Earnest Graham. I also have 3 first round draft picks next year.No one has mentioned Croyle. IS he considered worthless? I also have Brees and Vick as QB.
I have the same question with Croyle. He is available in a couple of my dynasty leagues and am thinking he may have some value.

A few more:

Eric Johnson, TE, SF - to be a UFA if not re-signed

Daniel Graham, TE, NE - finally healthy and a UFA next year

Jeff Webb, WR, KC - promising rookie and only Kennison and Parker as WRs in KC

Bump.

Still waiting to hear what others think about Croyle. Myself, I think that he will take over from Green sometime next year.

Any RB on the Bronco's roster qualifies at all times. Then, use the 3 step Denver RB strategy:

1. Stash

2. Wait for him to have a good game and get some hype rolling.

3. Trade.

RB Derrick Ward - He is a good RB and if Tiki does retirw he can give Jacobs a run for his money. He was hurt this year by a broken foot in training camp but is now contributing.

I'll have special section about this in this week's buy low sell high. A lot of the names have already been mentioned.

RB Derrick Ward - He is a good RB and if Tiki does retirw he can give Jacobs a run for his money. He was hurt this year by a broken foot in training camp but is now contributing.
Ward has some talent, but I don't see Coughlin handing over the keys to Derrick. It will likely be Jacobs or someone entirely different.

Copper - I like what I see.

Jerome Harrison - Give this kid 20 carries this year and he will not be a sleeper anymore.

Arnaz Battle - Smith seems to like him a ton.

D.Rhodes - may very well start somewhere else next year.

Chris Brown - read above.

D.Rhodes - may very well start somewhere else next year.Chris Brown - read above.
Same can be said for L. Betts or TJ Duckett...
I don't think any of those guys have done enough to warrant the starting consideration that Jordan or Chester Taylor got. Maybe Brown, but his value has probably diminished quite a bit.
I think Brown or Rhodes could be sleepers if they go to the right team. I can see either of them landing in New York to play with the G-men and compliment Jacobs who imo is not an every down back.

D.Rhodes - may very well start somewhere else next year.Chris Brown - read above.
Same can be said for L. Betts or TJ Duckett...
I don't think any of those guys have done enough to warrant the starting consideration that Jordan or Chester Taylor got. Maybe Brown, but his value has probably diminished quite a bit.
People would have said the same thing about Travis Henry last year or Reuben Droughns a few years ago, etc. Obviously this isn't the thread to look for "locks" to start, but all of these guys are talented enough to get consideration from somebody as a starter, and that's all you can ask for from a "stash player".

Bump.

Still waiting to hear what others think about Croyle. Myself, I think that he will take over from Green sometime next year.
From our pre-draft rookie reports:5. Brodie Croyle - Alabama Crimson Tide - 6’2” 200 lbs.

Season Comp Att Yds TDs INTs Rush Yds TDs

2005 202 339 2499 14 4 64 -156 1

2004 44 66 534 6 0 9 -27 0

2003 182 341 2303 16 13 71 7 0

2002 60 123 1046 5 5 38 -2 3

2001 (redshirt) - - - - - - - -

Positives

Brodie Croyle is a quarterback that does everything well. He sets up nicely in the pocket, displaying good footwork on his 3,5, and 7 step drops. He has decent accuracy and good touch on the short and intermediate routes. He’s shown a great ability to lead the team down the field and take what the defense gives him. He makes good decisions with the football and rarely forces the ball into coverage. He’s a very tough player and a student of the game that spends a lot of time behind the scenes studying for games. He goes through his progressions well and is adept at looking off a defense.

Negatives

Croyle is not very mobile and has had 2 ACL injuries (one on each knee) in the last 4 years. He seemed to struggle in the last 3 games of the season and some wonder if his confidence is shaken. He has a slight build and needs to add 10-15 pounds to be able to take a NFL beating. When flushed from the pocket his mechanics throwing the ball suffer and he sometimes reverts to a ¾ sidearm release.

Numbers Games

190 - In 2005 Croyle set an Alabama record with 190 straight passes without an interception.

NFL Comparison

Matt Mauck

Summary

Brodie Croyle will have to prove that he has a clean bill of health for a NFL team to take a chance on him. He is a savvy quarterback and should get drafted somewhere at the start of the 2nd day of the draft. If he can stay healthy he could easily be a solid backup quarterback in this league for years to come. And if given the opportunity Croyle could be a good starter in the right system.

He's okay when healthy. We'll see if he can stay healthy, I think 2 years away from seeing any real PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is deep but D. Ward on the Giants. He was the #2 back for the Giants last year and got hurt. He would be the #1A with Brandon Jacobs next year and I am not sure if Jacobs can carry the ball 25 times as I think he would get hurt with all the impact he brings. Ward looked pretty good when he ran and is now returning Kickoffs for the Giants. While not a great returner, he has some talent

This is deep but D. Ward on the Giants. He was the #2 back for the Giants last year and got hurt. He would be the #1A with Brandon Jacobs next year and I am not sure if Jacobs can carry the ball 25 times as I think he would get hurt with all the impact he brings. Ward looked pretty good when he ran and is now returning Kickoffs for the Giants. While not a great returner, he has some talent
I agree as I mentioned him too. A player such as him or Ray Perkins is the purpose if this thread. Keep them coming!

based on the Footballguys Daily Updates, maybe this guy:

RB Chris Taylor (HOU) HC Gary Kubiak said on Monday that he expects Chris Taylor to see playing time over the next several weeks, as the team evaluates him for the future. "Yeah, that's something we discussed here today," Kubiak said. "I think [Taylor] needs some carries for this football team to evaluate him over the next five weeks for the future."

FBG Staff - Thank you for taking the time to check out these threads.

I would love to see you guys update the outlook section on players during the year. Maybe you could have a section called Dynasty outlook to go along with positive, negative and outlook. I have seen you guys answering so many questions on this board about certain players and you have answered questions about certain players on several occasions. I think that it would be great to be able to look up a player and get some type of reason for your ranking. I am trying to rank different players (mainly looking at WR's right now). There are several WR's on the waiver wire in different dynasty leagues. It would be a great help for a reason why certain players are ranked where they are.

An example of what I am talking about would be B. Jones you have ranked fairly high (in the 50's). I am guessing that is partially because of Bennett being a FA and may be changing teams. If you guys could figure out how to write this information about players and that updating the individual player instead of just posting the information on a thread it would be great IMO. I have done the search function but so many times you get a thread and find that one of the posters has that player listed on his team (bottom of page) and nothing was said about that player.

Some guys that I was looking at are:

Brandon Jones

Mark Bradley

Demetrius Williams

Drew Carter

DJ Hackett

Brad Smith

Maurice Stovall

These guys are pretty much in order of ranking.

Thanks guys

A couple of my dynasty "stash" players....

JJ Arrington

Demitrius Williams

Drew Carter

Vernand Morency

Tony Scheffler

Musa Smith

dont forget michael robinson. gore wasnt the model of health in college. we've seen what hicks can do. nolan "compared" him to marcus allen

does anybody know who free agents and unrestricted free agents are for next year?

Are they posrted somwhere?

Orlovsky - QB, Det

Duckett - RB, Was

Harrison - RB, Cle

Williams - WR, Bal

Wilson - WR, Cle

Anderson - LB, Car

Gaither - LB, Phi

I just dropped Gabriel for Charles Rogers. Gabriel will never start a game on my team. I do not trust the Lions ability to judge talent- so when they cut rogers, that meant to pick him up. We'll see what transpires this offseason, but he may work himself into a great situation.

I just dropped Gabriel for Charles Rogers. Gabriel will never start a game on my team. I do not trust the Lions ability to judge talent- so when they cut rogers, that meant to pick him up. We'll see what transpires this offseason, but he may work himself into a great situation.
So you don't trust the ability of the other 4-5 teams he got a tryout with and didn't sign him either?

First let me state im in a 16 team deep league.

We cant keep players drafted before the 7th round.

That being said.

We keep 2

Im debating on these guys, ranked in my belief of value

JP Losman (finished strong)

Ricky Williams

Antonio Bryant (if not suspended for DUI)

Tavaris Jackson/Brooks Bollinger (id like to know who they want)

What about other lesser known or talked about players?

Billy McMullen, WR MIN

Dede Dorsey, RB IND

Cedric Humes, RB PIT (just did a tryout for GB)

or ?

(dig deeper gents... some of the dynasty leagues have rosters that are way out of hand)

Users who are viewing this thread