What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty stash players? (1 Viewer)

P.J. Daniels worth a look? 3rd string RB behind Anderson (old-as-the-hills) and Lewis, now that Musa's injured again. Walk-on at Georgia Tech, 4th-rounder (drafted before Jerome Harrison), inactive every game this season. Any insight from Tech or Ravens homers??

:banned:

P.J. Daniels worth a look? 3rd string RB behind Anderson (old-as-the-hills) and Lewis, now that Musa's injured again. Walk-on at Georgia Tech, 4th-rounder (drafted before Jerome Harrison), inactive every game this season. Any insight from Tech or Ravens homers??

:goodposting:
Meh. I thought the Ravens reached for him, and he hasn't done anything to disprove that. A healthy Musa blew him off the field in training camp. He's an ok grinder backup RB type.He's worth rostering in the DEEP leagues because of the uncertainty at his position for the team, but I would but him once they address the position

Perkins/Harris are a great call. I'll throw my yearly endorsement for Earnest Graham out there. :confused:
It's great seeing names like E.Graham and B.Marshall come up in these old threads. The problem is you see so many names out there that you just have to pick and chose which ones you think will hit. But some of you guys were right on with your sleeper picks. :confused:

Perkins/Harris are a great call. I'll throw my yearly endorsement for Earnest Graham out there. :lmao:
It's great seeing names like E.Graham and B.Marshall come up in these old threads. The problem is you see so many names out there that you just have to pick and chose which ones you think will hit. But some of you guys were right on with your sleeper picks. :lmao:
Looks like a lot of these guys named weren't given the opportunity many thought they would get due to free agent signings or draft picks taken over instead of them.This is the epitome of a crap shoot, especially on RB's because it seems an RB that hasn't been given a shot yet tends to not be good enough to get a shot without someone in front of him getting injured. Now one position that seemed to be easier to guess on was the WR's. Hackett, Holmes & Marshall were all mentioned in this thread and are really good dynasty players that showed something this year.

I thought maybe we could update this thread for this year:

Two guys i'm stashing are Jacoby Jones (WR-Texans) and Jerome Simpson (WR-Bengals). I think both have huge physical ability and could emerge next year. What'cha got?

I just picked up Brett Ratliff in all my deep dynasty leagues. The other Brett might retire again.
Shameless bump.
you should be very proud of yourself, Ratliff is a stud. He's worth holding in dynasty leagues with 120 man rosters.
You know, with all the success stories of undrafted and low drafted players coming out of nowhere to become stud players, you'd think people would have the sense not to mock others like this. But I guess not.By the way, I just checked something. I'm in three HyperActive leagues, which have dual 12-team conferences. So, it's actually like 6 league sets of 12 teams. Rosters are 26-man, and Ratliff is rostered in all 6 of them.I'm also in 6 MOX leagues with 20-man rosters. He's rostered in 3 of the 6 leagues, and will likely be picked up in the other 3 in the next few days.Your sarcastic "He's worth holding in dynasty leagues with 120 man rosters" view is apparently a minority opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up Brett Ratliff in all my deep dynasty leagues. The other Brett might retire again.
Shameless bump.
you should be very proud of yourself, Ratliff is a stud. He's worth holding in dynasty leagues with 120 man rosters.
You know, with all the success stories of undrafted and low drafted players coming out of nowhere to become stud players, you'd thing people would have the sense not to mock others like this. But I guess not.
You'd think, but others may not.

Shameless bump.
You know, with all the success stories of undrafted and low drafted players coming out of nowhere to become stud players, you'd thing people would have the sense not to mock others like this. But I guess not.
Picking up and holding Ratliff was a nice call...The bump, not so much...

Mark Bradley >> Wow, talk about a guy needing a new environment. Receivers go to die in Chicago, so we'll see what he does in year two. Hoping Thigpen sticks around.

Robert Meachem >> He's a hold due to the offense he's on. Showed flashes in pre-season but fizzled.

Jacob Hester >> Will he get a shot at SD goal line or more?

Jordy Nelson >>> Once Driver's gone, those balls have to go somewhere. Should be a fun competition between he and James Jones.

Randy McMichael >>> An injury guy, but was looking solid before he went down. I'm stashing.

David Clowney >>> Such speed, but broke down with injury all last year. May be the deep threat the Jets need.

Martin Rucker >>> With questions around Winslow's health every season, give Rucker a year or two, talent usually rises to the top.

Shameless bump.
ive had Ratliff stashed since last august in a lot of dynasty leagues. Hes going to be a good stash in 120 man rosters, 20 man rosters, and everything in between

Team Legacy said:
Mark Bradley >> Wow, talk about a guy needing a new environment. Receivers go to die in Chicago, so we'll see what he does in year two. Hoping Thigpen sticks around. - He started to get it for awhile, but I think his upside is limited at best

Robert Meachem >> He's a hold due to the offense he's on. Showed flashes in pre-season but fizzled. - I agree he's a hold, but I'm not sure how much opportunity he will get. You have Colston, Moore, Shockey, Bush, and Thomas that are higher in the pecking order than Meachem, even with Patten gone and Henderson a FA.

Jacob Hester >> Will he get a shot at SD goal line or more? - ww fodder IMO.

Jordy Nelson >>> Once Driver's gone, those balls have to go somewhere. Should be a fun competition between he and James Jones. - potential is there. It may take a couple more years for him to make an impact.

Randy McMichael >>> An injury guy, but was looking solid before he went down. I'm stashing. - WW fodder. He will probably get cut.

David Clowney >>> Such speed, but broke down with injury all last year. May be the deep threat the Jets need. - Liked what he was doing before injury

Martin Rucker >>> With questions around Winslow's health every season, give Rucker a year or two, talent usually rises to the top - I was very high on Rucker at the start of his rookie year. With all the Winslow trade talks I stashed Rucker with high hopes. However, I've been reading that Rucker just didn't progress enough according to his coaches. He couldn't pass Dinkins after coming back from a knee injury. I've since cooled on Rucker, but that could change.

Last edited by a moderator:
identikit said:
FUBAR said:
Couch Potato said:
moderated said:
Donnybrook said:
Shameless bump.
:popcorn: :shock:

identikit said:
FUBAR said:
Couch Potato said:
moderated said:
Donnybrook said:
Shameless bump.
:shock: :bag:
:lmao: :popcorn:

Funny, I saw this thread bumped and thought to myself, I wonder if I posted Brett Ratliff at any point in this thread. First post I read, a shameless bump for someone calling Ratliff in November. :popcorn:

I don't think Meachem will explode and be a viable fantasy starter in 09 but I do think he will play enough as WR3 to dramatically increase his value and to prove that he is a legitimate threat. You make a good point:

"Robert Meachem >> He's a hold due to the offense he's on. Showed flashes in pre-season but fizzled. - I agree he's a hold, but I'm not sure how much opportunity he will get. You have Colston, Moore, Shockey, Bush, and Thomas that are higher in the pecking order than Meachem, even with Patten gone and Henderson a FA."

Colston and Moore and Shockey are going to get more looks, at least initially, but Colston has been oft injured and so has Shockey. Moore had a great year but personally I don't think he will hold off the better talented Meachem forever. It isn't like Meachem is behind a pair like Wayne and Harrison (of a few years ago). Moore is good, but not great.

At a minimum I see Meachem replicating the kind of numbers Henderson has put up only I think he will score more.

A couple of guys I'm stashing, any opinions?

WR Mike Walker

WR Miles Austin

WR David Anderson

and

RB Kevin Jones :wall:

WR Mike Walker - His knee may just be so bad he never reaches a fraction of his potential

WR Miles Austin - Could turn out to be a servicable WR #3, but his upside is limited

WR David Anderson - no opinion, sorry.

and

RB Kevin Jones :wub: - He could become a fantasy factor again someday via injury, but I doubt it. The shelf life of a RB is short enough as it is, and KJ's chance may have come and gone.

Couch Potato said:
moderated said:
Donnybrook said:
Shameless bump.
You know, with all the success stories of undrafted and low drafted players coming out of nowhere to become stud players, you'd think people would have the sense not to mock others like this. But I guess not.By the way, I just checked something. I'm in three HyperActive leagues, which have dual 12-team conferences. So, it's actually like 6 league sets of 12 teams. Rosters are 26-man, and Ratliff is rostered in all 6 of them.I'm also in 6 MOX leagues with 20-man rosters. He's rostered in 3 of the 6 leagues, and will likely be picked up in the other 3 in the next few days.Your sarcastic "He's worth holding in dynasty leagues with 120 man rosters" view is apparently a minority opinion.
I was more or less saying how ridiculous is was to bump his own Ratliff call since he's not even a starting QB. The initial call is fine, but bumping it at the present time isn't.Bumping it if he wins the job AND actually looks good would make sense, but bumping up your own post on what is currently a 2nd string QB is pretty ridiculous.

Couch Potato said:
moderated said:
Donnybrook said:
Shameless bump.
I was more or less saying how ridiculous is was to bump his own Ratliff call since he's not even a starting QB. The initial call is fine, but bumping it at the present time isn't.Bumping it if he wins the job AND actually looks good would make sense, but bumping up your own post on what is currently a 2nd string QB is pretty ridiculous.
With the Favre news, and everyone hopping on kellen clemens, maybe he's just trying to help people not forget about Ratliff.Personally, I have heard better things about ratliff than clemensNot everyone has to beat their chest on a right call

WR Mike Walker - His knee may just be so bad he never reaches a fraction of his potential

WR Miles Austin - Could turn out to be a servicable WR #3, but his upside is limited

WR David Anderson - no opinion, sorry.

and

RB Kevin Jones :goodposting: - He could become a fantasy factor again someday via injury, but I doubt it. The shelf life of a RB is short enough as it is, and KJ's chance may have come and gone.
Thanks Hoss, just what I was looking for.

Funny, I saw this thread bumped and thought to myself, I wonder if I posted Brett Ratliff at any point in this thread. First post I read, a shameless bump for someone calling Ratliff in November. :goodposting:
That's because he looked like the best QB last training camp. He's worth a shot as the 12th man on a 12 man DTS. Who is your last man on DTS?

Funny, I saw this thread bumped and thought to myself, I wonder if I posted Brett Ratliff at any point in this thread. First post I read, a shameless bump for someone calling Ratliff in November. :lmao:
That's because he looked like the best QB last training camp. He's worth a shot as the 12th man on a 12 man DTS. Who is your last man on DTS?
I agree, which is why he's currently rostered in my deep dyno. Roster cuts aren't due til after preseason week 3, I think I should know by then if Ratliff will get his opportunity or not.

A couple of guys I'm stashing, any opinions?WR Mike WalkerWR Miles AustinWR David AndersonandRB Kevin Jones :thumbup:
Miles Austin :headbang:Hardworking guy, imo he could end up a WR2 in a few years. If you reward KR/PR points, it'll be an added bonus. I'm stashing for the long run

tuttiface said:
A couple of guys I'm stashing, any opinions?WR Mike WalkerWR Miles AustinWR David AndersonandRB Kevin Jones :bag:
Miles Austin :sadbanana:Hardworking guy, imo he could end up a WR2 in a few years. If you reward KR/PR points, it'll be an added bonus. I'm stashing for the long run
Hardworking as he may be, my take is that Jerry Jones' love for the big-name receiver will see Austin remain in the background for his tenure in Dallas.

WR Mike Walker- I think he is the only hope for a true #1 WR on the Jax roster at this stage and hoping modern medicine helps his cause.

WR Miles Austin- you hear some good things about his upside but I don't know enough about him

WR David Anderson- ?

and

RB Kevin Jones :bag: - I have been a HUGE KJ fan but when he was by-passed for the #2 RB in Chicago this year I finally gave up.

I traded Lance Moore in my dynasty to keep these two as WR4 and WR5 (we can only keep 5 WRs :excited: ):

WR Jason Hill - drafted him as a rookie and hoping for a 3rd year breakout... I like his talent and situation

WR James Jones - had sophomore slump due to injuries... gladly picked him up after somebody in my league dropped him... will compete with Jordy Nelson for starting job in GB once Driver is gone...

And at QB I'm stashing Josh Johnson as my QB3 (behind Rivers and Garrard), now that I've completely given up on Drew Stanton. What is everybody's opinion about Johnson?

What is everybody's opinion about Johnson?
I liked him a lot until Gruden got fired. Now, who knows how the new staff feels about him. I like the kid's talent, so he's still someone to stash if you can, but unlike before I wouldn't go out of my way to ensure a roster spot for him. If you have him already I'd hold onto him through this offseason at least, hopefully we'll have more answers than questions by August.

What changed about Ratliff between November and now? :rolleyes:

Pretty funny reading the 2006 sleepers - almost none of them are rosterable now.

What is everybody's opinion about Johnson?
I liked him a lot until Gruden got fired. Now, who knows how the new staff feels about him. I like the kid's talent, so he's still someone to stash if you can, but unlike before I wouldn't go out of my way to ensure a roster spot for him. If you have him already I'd hold onto him through this offseason at least, hopefully we'll have more answers than questions by August.
I don't think this is that big of a concern.The new head coach was promoted from within, so he knows something about Johnson and his ability imo.If anything, the absence of Gruden's borderline obssessive leaning towards vets in general and qbs (Garcia, Griese) in particular will help his chances.

Users who are viewing this thread