What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Well you can try and get him even cheaper. I do not think it would be insulting (although probably too light) to offer a couple of fourths. It would at least maybe get a conversation started - and if not I am not one to think you'd be missing out on all that much. Veteran WR3/4 types are a dime a dozen in dynasty.
He put up low WR2 numbers last year and I think he's got a solid shot to do it again this year--based on volume this time.  I'll certainly concede that he's just about worthless to a good number of rosters.  But he's a guy I've targeted for my WR3/4 spot, where I've poured resources into the top of my roster.  I recently moved J.Landry/D.Adams/2.02 for A.Green; then A.Collins/3.12 for Garcon.  I know he's barely worth talking about, but I really do like him at his going rate.  

Am surprised the Colts thought so much of him to keep him over Dwayne Allen - and to offer him a higher paying contract.
Me too.  Based on situation alone, he offers upside and a steady floor; at least for as long as he can hold onto the job.  I recently turned down an offer of 2.08, 4th, 4th for him.  I'd likely move him for an early 2nd, however.  I didn't watch enough of him to have a strong opinion.  FWIW, PFF gave him him an average grade as a receiver. 

I said nearly ideal, not nearly identical. I can see why you would argue with identical.  Before you say Bradford isn't ideal, in the context of diggs career, a fully healthy season of Bradford putting up his career best season is as good as it gets.  Also Peterson wasn't dominating the offense, and his only competition was a good tight end and an unheard of receiver, while the guy who was drafted to be their number one didn't play. That's as good as you could hope for if you're diggs, and he put up... ok numbers.  

You guys keep extrapolating his numbers to 1111/4 and calling it productive, but with that competition for targets, a 1000ish yard season was pretty achievable, considering Rudolph and thielen combined for 1800 yards and 12 tds. He may have been productive, but he wasn't much better than those guys.

I'm not saying he's worthless, but top 40 is absurd. 
I disagree that top 40 is absurd. You have to pick someone. Yes when you get down past the obvious players it becomes more challenging to decide who is the best player available. Stefon Diggs is a player that 40 other guys could put up similar numbers, Same is true for any of those other 40 guys you might suggest are a better choice than Diggs is.

I want to tell you that my choice of Diggs is NOT about group think and I am insulted by your suggestion that it is. Who was trying to warn people about Patterson being over valued when he was going higher than this? I was. Who was warning people to not buy into Charles Johnson when he was being drafted? I was. 

Diggs is different than these other WRs and the Vikings are going to be a much more pass reliant offense than they have been in the Peterson era. Diggs is their best receiver.

I find your arguments more absurd than ranking DIggs at 40 in a PPR format.

Would depend on team makeup for me, if a contender I'd want the 1.1 as stud RB's are hugely scarce right now and I think Fournette will be the next one. There's a logjam of WR's out there right now which dilutes any individual ones value, IMO. If rebuilding or I don't think I am a contender, obviously would prefer the WR.

Value for Marqise Lee?

2016 was a decent year in PPR.  Is he a reasonable WR 3/4 going forward or someone to sell while he still holds some value?  What type of rookie pick would you expect for him?

Value for Marqise Lee?

2016 was a decent year in PPR.  Is he a reasonable WR 3/4 going forward or someone to sell while he still holds some value?  What type of rookie pick would you expect for him?
Its hard to say if he will continue to have success. I think you would have to find a true believer to get better than a late 2nd for him, even that might be a little too much. Crowded WR group there, hard to say who will be the guy behind Arob

Value for Marqise Lee?

I think his actual value is a bit higher than his perceived value at the moment due to his miserable first two seasons.  I don't really see that much difference between Lee and Jordan Matthews going forward.  Maybe that means Matthews is still overrated, though.  I'm holding him and looking for an opportunity to move him - maybe 2018 offseason if he lands in a good spot.  

Where is everyone on Breshad Perriman this year?  Thought he'd be in high demand this off season but it seems no one has the patience for a 3rd year breakout type anymore.  Is he worth a 2nd in a deep draft like this one?

Me too.  Based on situation alone, he offers upside and a steady floor; at least for as long as he can hold onto the job.  I recently turned down an offer of 2.08, 4th, 4th for him.  I'd likely move him for an early 2nd, however.  I didn't watch enough of him to have a strong opinion.  FWIW, PFF gave him him an average grade as a receiver. 
Dwayne Allen isn't good and can't stay healthy. You have to like Doyle in this offense, but I would be worried Swopes steals a lot of the targets.

Where is everyone on Breshad Perriman this year?  Thought he'd be in high demand this off season but it seems no one has the patience for a 3rd year breakout type anymore.  Is he worth a 2nd in a deep draft like this one?
The 3rd year breakout has been outdated for about a decade. It now seems to only really apply to guys drafted late or undrafted. Perriman was healthy last year and couldn't beat out Smith, Wallace, or Aiken on the depth chart. With Aiken and Smith gone, there's opportunity, but if he was actually good, the cream likely would have risen to the top last year. If you're a believer then yeah a 2nd would be fair. But if you're on the fence, wait until after the draft.

I've never been a fan of his but I was a little surprised to see him do ok last year so the arrow seems to be pointing up.  I think if you have room for a flier then there are plenty of worse options.  If you liked him before I'd think a 2nd would be an easy price to pay.  

The 3rd year breakout has been outdated for about a decade. It now seems to only really apply to guys drafted late or undrafted. Perriman was healthy last year and couldn't beat out Smith, Wallace, or Aiken on the depth chart. With Aiken and Smith gone, there's opportunity, but if he was actually good, the cream likely would have risen to the top last year. If you're a believer then yeah a 2nd would be fair. But if you're on the fence, wait until after the draft.
He was a little raw coming out and missed all of his rookie season. so it's not that shocking he took a back seat to Smith and Wallace, especially since the Ravens have always seemed to prefer veteran WRs. He showed some flashes last season as well. It's surely "now or never" time for him in 2017 though.

He was a little raw coming out and missed all of his rookie season. so it's not that shocking he took a back seat to Smith and Wallace, especially since the Ravens have always seemed to prefer veteran WRs. He showed some flashes last season as well. It's surely "now or never" time for him in 2017 though.
I agree, but what about Aiken? I'd have thought that by the end of the year Perriman would at least be getting WR3 snaps, but he was consistently behind Aiken all year long. And they let Aiken walk, so it's not like they were high on him or something. And if they didn't value Aiken that much, then what's that say about Perriman? They probably wanted him to be the WR3 but just couldn't justify putting him on the field in that role due to what they were seeing in practice. I probably shouldn't, but I always associate Perriman with Kevin White since they were both drafted in the 1st round of the same year. It seems they are valued similarly right now, so if I'm throwing darts, give me the guy who has been held back by injuries rather than his own play. And hell, Aiken as the WR3 in Indy could possibly outperform Perriman... with Moncrief's injury history, Aiken's got upside.

What I'm trying to say is that Perriman is a dart throw, but I think there are better darts out there for the same or cheaper price.

I agree, but what about Aiken? I'd have thought that by the end of the year Perriman would at least be getting WR3 snaps, but he was consistently behind Aiken all year long. And they let Aiken walk, so it's not like they were high on him or something. And if they didn't value Aiken that much, then what's that say about Perriman? They probably wanted him to be the WR3 but just couldn't justify putting him on the field in that role due to what they were seeing in practice. I probably shouldn't, but I always associate Perriman with Kevin White since they were both drafted in the 1st round of the same year. It seems they are valued similarly right now, so if I'm throwing darts, give me the guy who has been held back by injuries rather than his own play. And hell, Aiken as the WR3 in Indy could possibly outperform Perriman... with Moncrief's injury history, Aiken's got upside.

What I'm trying to say is that Perriman is a dart throw, but I think there are better darts out there for the same or cheaper price.
Perriman out-produced Aiken though and definitely seemed to pass him up later in the year.

Perriman least flashed a little bit with four 50+ yard receiving games over the 2nd half of the season while Aiken had zero. 

Mid-late 2nd round price tag sounds about right to me (same with Kevin White). 

I do not know the splits at all but I do not think AIken was a big part of the offense last season (perhaps you're thinking of 2015 when everyone else was injured). Aiken only  caught 29 passes for 267 yards last season, Perriman put up 33-499-3.

I do not know the splits at all but I do not think AIken was a big part of the offense last season (perhaps you're thinking of 2015 when everyone else was injured). Aiken only  caught 29 passes for 267 yards last season, Perriman put up 33-499-3.
Was just looking at snap counts from 2016: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-rav-6.php

Perriman out-produced Aiken though and definitely seemed to pass him up later in the year.

Perriman least flashed a little bit with four 50+ yard receiving games over the 2nd half of the season while Aiken had zero. 

Mid-late 2nd round price tag sounds about right to me (same with Kevin White). 
See above. The numbers were better, but both sets of numbers were underwhelming so I don't really care about the numbers. I'm mainly interested in looking forward. If a former 1st round pick couldn't beat out a journeyman for WR3 snaps then I'm not interested in buying that player. The staff must see something they don't like in practice. FF is a game of odds, so I'm not saying Perriman is doomed, just that the odds are against him and last year's snaps are a red flag I can't overlook if I've got other options. If someone is going to throw him in on a trade, I'll find a way to make a roster spot for him, but if I've got a 2nd rounder burning a hole in my pocket, Perriman isn't my first choice.

Was just looking at snap counts from 2016: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-rav-6.php

See above. The numbers were better, but both sets of numbers were underwhelming so I don't really care about the numbers. I'm mainly interested in looking forward. If a former 1st round pick couldn't beat out a journeyman for WR3 snaps then I'm not interested in buying that player. The staff must see something they don't like in practice. FF is a game of odds, so I'm not saying Perriman is doomed, just that the odds are against him and last year's snaps are a red flag I can't overlook if I've got other options. If someone is going to throw him in on a trade, I'll find a way to make a roster spot for him, but if I've got a 2nd rounder burning a hole in my pocket, Perriman isn't my first choice.
Well, the snap count difference isn't really that significant and Aiken was coming off a 75 catch season and filled a much different role (possession/slot guy) - while Perriman's skillset was rendered a bit redundant due to Wallace playing so well.

I do not think Perriman is a lock to produce this year at all, but given his pedigree and some of the flashes he showed last season, I do think with this season's increased opportunity he could see a fairly dramatic uptick in production. Joe Flacco will be a another year removed from his ACL tear which could help as well.

Well, the snap count difference isn't really that significant and Aiken was coming off a 75 catch season and filled a much different role (possession/slot guy) - while Perriman's skillset was rendered a bit redundant due to Wallace playing so well.

I do not think Perriman is a lock to produce this year at all, but given his pedigree and some of the flashes he showed last season, I do think with this season's increased opportunity he could see a fairly dramatic uptick in production. Joe Flacco will be a another year removed from his ACL tear which could help as well.
Wallace is back (IIRC the 2nd year option was not cheap), so Perriman's skillset will still be redundant. I agree Perriman could be in line for an expanded role, but his snaps last year don't give me much confidence that the staff believes he'll succeed or that they won't bring in someone else soon to fill the holes in front of him.

The Flacco ACL thing to me sounds like you're really stretching to find something to be optimistic about  :P

Thanks for the feedback on Perriman.  That is really helpful.  I thought I saw flashes last year and dismissed the lack of playing time with the HOFer in front of him (yeah, that's right).  I thought letting Aiken go showed confidence in Perriman but that is out the window if they go WR early.  It seemed like 100 targets were up for grabs, I didn't even think about Flacco's 672 attempts.  

Another thing about Flacco - he set a career high in completion percentage and matched a career low in YA.  Doc Oc could be right and he's getting rid of it quicker on shorter throws, or it could be a reflection of the weapons he had last year.  

I think I've become fed up with the Breshad Periman/Kevin White/DGB types.  The fast, physican specimen, raw types that just don't bloody put it together.

Sorry if asked before...

Is Kevin White a buy low?
I do not think any of his owners will sell low, since they have stuck it out this long.

For me, he's not a guy I would target - unless he truly would be cheap. I just worry that starting his career off with constant lower leg injuries means bad things ahead. I can't shake the feeling that he's the next Hakeem Nicks, without the initial period of success. I'm not really a doctor so maybe I am way off base here, but to me I just think these various leg injuries are going to add up and sap him of his speed and agility. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if asked before...

He's an interesting case. Having never actually produced before, it's hard for me to think of him as a buy low. His injuries are slightly worrisome as is his advanced age as a rookie - but coming from a juco path, that's to be expected. To me he's a roll of the dice. But all signs point to him starting next year for the Bears, which is more than I can say for Perriman.

I do not think any of his owners will sell low, since they have stuck it out this long.

For me, he's not a guy I would target - unless he truly would be cheap. I just worry that starting his career off with constant lower leg injuries means bad things ahead. I can't shake the feeling that he's the next Hakeem Nicks, without the initial period of success. I'm not really a doctor so maybe I am way off base here, but to me I just think these various leg injuries are going to add up and sap him of his speed and agility. 
Hairline fractures shouldn't sap him of speed and agility. Never good to see a high ankle sprain, but as far as I know last year was his first one. To me, Alshon has had a more worrisome history of injuries than Kevin White. Hamstring injuries will definitely sap your speed and agility (see: Austin, Miles).

Sorry if asked before...

I had him on a few teams last year so I was paying close attention to him.

He still seemed pretty raw and on Bambi legs in the games he played last year. I think he did get slightly better with each game, but he was still trying to find his way before he got injured. He was getting tons of targets too, but not capitalizing on them. Often he was running poorly timed routes. He wastes motion with the way he runs and I think it makes it harder for him to be crisp on his breaks because of poor technique.

Meredith seemed to know what he was doing out there better than White did.

John Fox talking up White still, but what choice does he have?

If he can stay healthy I would expect more growing pains.

My question is what price is low enough? He might be able to put up WR 3 numbers just on the volume he will likely see. I wouldn't want to pay too much for him.

I suppose a mid second round 207 draft pick would make sense. Despite the poor start to Whites career I would still likely draft him over a lot of the 2017 WRs.

Let's say the QBS on a guy's roster are Lynch/Gabbert/Bridgewater and you want to offer him Dalton.

#1. He has the 2.01 and 2.02. Is it asking too much if you want both? Would you be selling cheap if you took only one?

#2. If you were him would an offer of Dalton + 1.11 even be considered for the 1.1?

Start 1 QB and all TDs are 6 points.

This is probably close to Assistant Coach territory I guess...

What's the value of Dalton in rookie picks?

I don't see myself giving up either 2.01 or 2.02 for Dalton in start 1QB, let alone both.  I'd basically laugh if you offered Dalton + 1.11 for 1.01.  But if you meant for 1.10, I'd make that 1 spot drop for Dalton.  My .02.

Must be lots of different setups out there for guys to have such a low opinion of QBs.

They're not just laying around waiting to be picked up in Zealots leagues.

I don't see myself giving up either 2.01 or 2.02 for Dalton in start 1QB, let alone both.  I'd basically laugh if you offered Dalton + 1.11 for 1.01.  But if you meant for 1.10, I'd make that 1 spot drop for Dalton.  My .02.
+1

I was in a similar situation last season with dreck at QB. People were offering up backups for ridiculous prices, I waited it out and finally got a guy at a reasonable deal.

Must be lots of different setups out there for guys to have such a low opinion of QBs.

They're not just laying around waiting to be picked up in Zealots leagues.
I would think the larger roster sizes would be key. On a 20 man roster, backup QBs (QB #13-24) have very little value unless they are young up and comers in dynasty leagues.

I would think the larger roster sizes would be key. On a 20 man roster, backup QBs (QB #13-24) have very little value unless they are young up and comers in dynasty leagues.
Yeah Zealots leagues are 50 roster spots with IDP. So if there is a relatively even distribution of offensive and defensive players (I think most teams go a bit offense heavy) you have 25 to 28 roster spots for your offense.

Pretty much all of the QB who are starting should be rostered and some upside back ups as well. Even though teams only need to start one.

There is a tipping point past which rosters are large enough that hording a position seems more profitable than stockpiling deep depth.  I'm in a 32-player idp where qb hording isn't really done, but I've never been in a 50+-player league where it wasn't.  At some point, holding a qb5 and qb6 looks better than an rb12 or dl8 because the positional scarcity has swung in your favor.

If I had to guess, I'd figure that point was around 40 players for idp, and probably around 30 for non-idp.

For reference, the top QB available in the three Zealots leagues I'm in is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Second best is Case Keenum.
There's also the incoming rookie class and Deshaun Watson and the top QBs have been going in the 3rd round of rookie mocks.

If a team isn't a contender, it makes more sense to grab a top rookie in the 3rd than trade an early 2nd for a 29-year old who is barely a QB1. I'd put Dalton's value in that late-2nd, early-3rd range.

It's just such a buyer's market for QBs in a start-1 QB league right now because there are so many startable options and most dynasty teams have at least two decent guys. 

There's also the incoming rookie class and Deshaun Watson and the top QBs have been going in the 3rd round of rookie mocks.

If a team isn't a contender, it makes more sense to grab a top rookie in the 3rd than trade an early 2nd for a 29-year old who is barely a QB1. I'd put Dalton's value in that late-2nd, early-3rd range.

It's just such a buyer's market for QBs in a start-1 QB league right now because there are so many startable options and most dynasty teams have at least two decent guys
I bet this isn't anywhere close to a consensus opinion. As for myself,  I consider it a responsibility to my league mates to field as competitive team as I can.  That would preclude starting any combo of this year's rookies. 

In the scenario I outlined from my league the other guy has zero startable guys. Considering his squad isn't horrendous,  a low end QB1 should be on his radar. Without the IDPs...

Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB

Gabbert, Blaine SFO QB

Lynch, Paxton DEN QB

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Burkhead, Rex NEP RB

Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB

Darkwa, Orleans NYG RB

Lacy, Eddie SEA RB

Lasco, Daniel NOS RB

Martin, Doug TBB RB

Prosise, C.J. SEA RB

Spiller, C.J. KCC RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Jones, Marvin DET WR

Parker, DeVante MIA WR

Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR

Williams, Terrance DAL WR

Clay, Charles BUF TE

Davis, Vernon WAS TE

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE

McDonald, Vance SFO TE

I bet this isn't anywhere close to a consensus opinion. 

In the scenario I outlined from my league the other guy has zero startable guys. 
I'm far closer to Dalton's value at late 2nd / early 3rd than I would be to his value being a bridge from 1.11 to 1.01 (!!!!) or worth the 2.01/2.02 combo.  Those seem far from reality in any 1QB, 24 roster league I'm in.

The real question is does acquiring Andy Dalton really make this owner a contender?  If so, I'd wager not a strong one.  But if it would, there's likely 10 QB's he should be able to get at a fraction of your price that are within 2-3ppg of Dalton.  Heck, I'd never be this desperate and it would be poor pick utilization,  but I'd also prefer the upside of two rookie QB's at 2.01/2.02, or trade down and pick up assets and add a couple rookie QBs, to trading those picks for Dalton.

I'm far closer to Dalton's value at late 2nd / early 3rd than I would be to his value being a bridge from 1.11 to 1.01 (!!!!) or worth the 2.01/2.02 combo.  Those seem far from reality in any 1QB, 24 roster league I'm in.

The real question is does acquiring Andy Dalton really make this owner a contender?  If so, I'd wager not a strong one.  But if it would, there's likely 10 QB's he should be able to get at a fraction of your price that are within 2-3ppg of Dalton.  Heck, I'd never be this desperate and it would be poor pick utilization,  but I'd also prefer the upside of two rookie QB's at 2.01/2.02, or trade down and pick up assets and add a couple rookie QBs, to trading those picks for Dalton.
He's nearly guaranteed to not be one without at least a Dalton level QB on his roster.  And these super easy acquisitions of QBs - you almost never see in Zealots leagues. I don't recall ever seeing it happen in the decade I've played Zealots. 

If you're high on the rookies, it changesn things. I think that's extreme wishful thinking this year. 

I get what you guys are saying but I don't think our contexts are similar to have a meaningful conversation about it. 

Sincere thanks for the input though. 

I bet this isn't anywhere close to a consensus opinion. As for myself,  I consider it a responsibility to my league mates to field as competitive team as I can.  That would preclude starting any combo of this year's rookies. 
It's great that you feel this way and I'd guess you're a perennial contender.  But in the leagues I've been in most owners don't think the same way.  They tend to fall into one of these groups

1. Top contender with a strong and deep roster that they continually work to improve.  Because their team is strong enough they can pursue youth and picks without it really impacting their lineup.  This is where most of us aim but few make it. 

2. Contender with weaknesses they will work to shore up. They'll go all in to make the playoffs and hope for luck in the playoffs. 

3. Builder.  For whatever reason, maybe because they focused on being 2 for a while, their team is not contending now without getting really lucky. 

4. Guy who never really has a true focus and just plays the game.  Usually not overly involved but he pays his dues, submits his lineups and usually waiver picks. Doesn't pursue many trades but will usually reply eventually. 

I don't see many of the 5th variety but that's what you seem to be saying you would be - the team, despite how bad his team is, will seek to trade picks if it helps him win one or two more games.  I'd like to find more of these teams as they're probably easy to trade with but probably aren't winning championships. 

Teams 1 and 3 have no interest in the Dalton/Flacco types.  Team 4 might if he likes the Bengals or Ravens but he's probably not approaching you with an offer.  Team 2 or 5 is your best trade partner.  But again, I don't see many 5s. 

It's great that you feel this way and I'd guess you're a perennial contender.  But in the leagues I've been in most owners don't think the same way.  They tend to fall into one of these groups

1. Top contender with a strong and deep roster that they continually work to improve.  Because their team is strong enough they can pursue youth and picks without it really impacting their lineup.  This is where most of us aim but few make it. 

2. Contender with weaknesses they will work to shore up. They'll go all in to make the playoffs and hope for luck in the playoffs. 

3. Builder.  For whatever reason, maybe because they focused on being 2 for a while, their team is not contending now without getting really lucky. 

4. Guy who never really has a true focus and just plays the game.  Usually not overly involved but he pays his dues, submits his lineups and usually waiver picks. Doesn't pursue many trades but will usually reply eventually. 

I don't see many of the 5th variety but that's what you seem to be saying you would be - the team, despite how bad his team is, will seek to trade picks if it helps him win one or two more games.  I'd like to find more of these teams as they're probably easy to trade with but probably aren't winning championships. 

Teams 1 and 3 have no interest in the Dalton/Flacco types.  Team 4 might if he likes the Bengals or Ravens but he's probably not approaching you with an offer.  Team 2 or 5 is your best trade partner.  But again, I don't see many 5s. 
I try to be competitive as in I put out the lineup that I think will score the most (cost me 1.01 this year week 13), but if I inherit an orphan that needs work or my team that was contending with lynch and megatron is no longer viable I'll be trying to get younger and gather as much talent as possible. If that means I use my draft picks on WRs and roll out glennon/savage fine, I don't feel obligated to trade assets for an upgrade if it doesn't fit the long term plan. I'll move demarco Murray even if it leaves me starting rob Kelley and yeldon. I'm not obligated to keep Murray so my team is more competitive at all. I certainly don't feel required to seek a trade for a mid level starter either. 

I try to be competitive as in I put out the lineup that I think will score the most (cost me 1.01 this year week 13), but if I inherit an orphan that needs work or my team that was contending with lynch and megatron is no longer viable I'll be trying to get younger and gather as much talent as possible. If that means I use my draft picks on WRs and roll out glennon/savage fine, I don't feel obligated to trade assets for an upgrade if it doesn't fit the long term plan. I'll move demarco Murray even if it leaves me starting rob Kelley and yeldon. I'm not obligated to keep Murray so my team is more competitive at all. I certainly don't feel required to seek a trade for a mid level starter either. 
Agreed. No tanking with the team you have but no need to trade valuable commodities just to put a few more points on the board each week.

Eta: the point I was trying to make is a huge reason the low / sorta starting caliber QBs (and TE to some degree in start 1 formats) aren't worth much is because of the limited pool of buyers. Andy's view is great and noble, and I wish more people felt the same. 

Agreed. No tanking with the team you have but no need to trade valuable commodities just to put a few more points on the board each week.

Eta: the point I was trying to make is a huge reason the low / sorta starting caliber QBs (and TE to some degree in start 1 formats) aren't worth much is because of the limited pool of buyers. Andy's view is great and noble, and I wish more people felt the same. 
But that was my original point. When the closest thing you have to a starter is Paxton Lynch...you're a buyer.

And if I were in that position, a guy like Dalton would be MUCH more appealing than any of these rookies. At least I'd know i had someone who'd play. A better QB would likely cost me significantly more than a second rounder - which I could spend on a rookie that might not play.

One last thought...I suppose it could be argued that you should leave the guy without a QB since then it'd be one less team to worry about competing against. Tough to win without a QB - in real life or pretend football management. 

Users who are viewing this thread