What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Worst Roster Move of 2012 (1 Viewer)

FWIW, I think this is a great thread. Seeing good owners make bad deals obviously brings a perverse form of pleasure, but I also think it helps avoid future mistakes by identifying "bad patterns".
No one wins every trade. However, it's important to not become afraid of trading. Just because you lost one or two in a row doesn't mean you should suddenly become gun shy. I've seen some owners retreat into a shell where they either won't trade, or demand exorbitant prices for their players. I'm not saying you should trade willy nilly, but an unwillingness to listen or compromise can kill dynasty teams.

This is a great support group. Very Therapeutic.Week 5I gave Cobb and a good 2013 1st(#5 overall) for maclin. Didn't think cobb would blow up so fast afterward. Now I couldnt get cobb for maclin and a one.PreseasonGave Ryan Mathews and TY Hilton for Doug Martin and Brandon Bolden. Obviously I won this deal in the end. I was reluctant to give hilton, but gave in before he backed out of the deal. It still bothers me that I probably coulda got it done without using Hilton.

FWIW, I think this is a great thread. Seeing good owners make bad deals obviously brings a perverse form of pleasure, but I also think it helps avoid future mistakes by identifying "bad patterns".
No one wins every trade. However, it's important to not become afraid of trading. Just because you lost one or two in a row doesn't mean you should suddenly become gun shy. I've seen some owners retreat into a shell where they either won't trade, or demand exorbitant prices for their players. I'm not saying you should trade willy nilly, but an unwillingness to listen or compromise can kill dynasty teams.Agreed. Even though I make a ton of trades (and occasionally badly burned) I think trading is essential to fantasy success. You don't have to be like me but teams that don't deal don't win, in my experience.ETA: fix typo

Last edited by a moderator:
gave up Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR;Tate, Golden SEA WRgot Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Levy, DeAndre DET LB

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find the offer now, but someone sent me Adrian Peterson for something decent not long after last season ended.I did not accept. Or I would be posting in the other thread.

Users who are viewing this thread