What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

E. Graham reduced to FB role ? (1 Viewer)

XFFLCHOF

Footballguy
John Gruden said on NFL network today that he was proud of Graham for handleing the blocking role very well. Any other information out there? Is this move for the long haul or just until their injured FBs get back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Graham for show, Dunn for dough..Dunn is the money play here..
You say so. Dunn has 1 TD so far this year. Graham has more yards. Neither is "dough". But Graham is the goal-line back so he's got the marginal value edge. Dunn ain't "done" but he isn't too sweet. Last weekend was an anomaly.

I remember reading that they were going to try to resolve the FB problem, but might need Graham for 1 more week at FB.

The real question is, when does Caddy come back, and can he take his job back?

PatrickT said:
I remember reading that they were going to try to resolve the FB problem, but might need Graham for 1 more week at FB.The real question is, when does Caddy come back, and can he take his job back?
very good chance Caddy is done for the year.

Tanner9919 said:
Graham offered to play FB. Gruden said he wanted to keep it the way it was. This will diminish both players to 50-60 yards with Graham getting the goal line.

PatrickT said:
I remember reading that they were going to try to resolve the FB problem, but might need Graham for 1 more week at FB.The real question is, when does Caddy come back, and can he take his job back?
Really? I'm not so sure, but I could be wrong. Could be coach speak, but everytime I hear Gruden talk about Caddy, he says he's ahead of schedule.Meh, I've got a spot open to take a flyer.

PatrickT said:
Really? I'm not so sure, but I could be wrong. Could be coach speak, but everytime I hear Gruden talk about Caddy, he says he's ahead of schedule.Meh, I've got a spot open to take a flyer.
For now, at least, they're not taking him off PUP.

PatrickT said:
I remember reading that they were going to try to resolve the FB problem, but might need Graham for 1 more week at FB.

The real question is, when does Caddy come back, and can he take his job back?
That's what it is. He teased the idea that he might start the year on the active roster...then he was on PUP...now they're keeping him there. He'll be on IR soon enough. Just Grudentalk.

proteus126 said:
Tanner9919 said:
You say so. Dunn has 1 TD so far this year. Graham has more yards. Neither is "dough". But Graham is the goal-line back so he's got the marginal value edge. Dunn ain't "done" but he isn't too sweet. Last weekend was an anomaly.
Can we get this unwrapped? What is an anomaly about a RB that has never finished outside the top30 in RBs for a seson since he stepped into the NFL? He used to be more in the 12-24 range but what is such an anomaly? If you saw any reports on him during the off season, or have seen him up close and personal, he doesn't look a day over 21, and he seems to have plenty of juice left in that body of his.

John Gruden said on NFL network today that he was proud of Graham for handleing the blocking role very well. Any other information out there? Is this move for the long haul or just until their injured FBs get back?
Bucs just re-signed Jameel Cook as FB, and another FB to be the practice squad.This is from the Bucs website."Cook, a free agent after being released earlier this year by the Houston Texans, is a perfect fit for the Buccaneers' current situation thanks to his familiarity with the team's offensive scheme. Drafted in the sixth round by the Buccaneers in 2001, Cook spent his first five NFL seasons in Tampa, the last four under Head Coach Jon Gruden.At 5-10 and 237 pounds, Cook is a powerful lead blocker and a good pass-catcher out of the backfield. Though the has just 14 career carries for 43 yards – 11 of those coming during his two years as a Texan – Cook owns 81 career receptions for 486 yards and three touchdowns. In his last season with the Buccaneers, he helped the team average 114.1 yards per game and 4.0 yards per carry. Cook played in 72 games during his first five years with the Buccaneers, starting 17 of them, and was a member of Tampa Bay’s 2002 Super Bowl-winning team. He appeared in 27 games with six starts during his two full seasons in Houston.The Bucs gave themselves some more flexibility at the position, at least during midweek workouts, by also signing first-year fullback Ryan Powdrell to the practice squad. Powdrell, a former linebacker who made the switch to fullback as a senior at USC, spent last season on Green Bay's injured reserve list.The 5-11, 260-pound Powdrell began his collegiate career at Saddlebrook Community College in Mission Viejo, California but later transferred to USC. He played linebacker in 2005, recording 10 tackles as a reserve defender and special teams performer. After switching to fullback in the spring of 2006, he ran twice for nine yards and caught four passes for 72 yards in two games before sustaining a season-ending knee injury.Powdrell went to camp with the Packers again in 2008 but was released in late August. To make room for him on the practice squad, the Bucs released former USF linebacker Ben Moffitt. Moffitt had been signed to Tampa Bay’s practice squad last week."

Bucs just re-signed Jameel Cook as FB, and another FB to be the practice squad.This is from the Bucs website."Cook, a free agent after being released earlier this year by the Houston Texans, is a perfect fit for the Buccaneers' current situation thanks to his familiarity with the team's offensive scheme. Drafted in the sixth round by the Buccaneers in 2001, Cook spent his first five NFL seasons in Tampa, the last four under Head Coach Jon Gruden.At 5-10 and 237 pounds, Cook is a powerful lead blocker and a good pass-catcher out of the backfield. Though the has just 14 career carries for 43 yards – 11 of those coming during his two years as a Texan – Cook owns 81 career receptions for 486 yards and three touchdowns. In his last season with the Buccaneers, he helped the team average 114.1 yards per game and 4.0 yards per carry. Cook played in 72 games during his first five years with the Buccaneers, starting 17 of them, and was a member of Tampa Bay’s 2002 Super Bowl-winning team. He appeared in 27 games with six starts during his two full seasons in Houston.The Bucs gave themselves some more flexibility at the position, at least during midweek workouts, by also signing first-year fullback Ryan Powdrell to the practice squad. Powdrell, a former linebacker who made the switch to fullback as a senior at USC, spent last season on Green Bay's injured reserve list.The 5-11, 260-pound Powdrell began his collegiate career at Saddlebrook Community College in Mission Viejo, California but later transferred to USC. He played linebacker in 2005, recording 10 tackles as a reserve defender and special teams performer. After switching to fullback in the spring of 2006, he ran twice for nine yards and caught four passes for 72 yards in two games before sustaining a season-ending knee injury.Powdrell went to camp with the Packers again in 2008 but was released in late August. To make room for him on the practice squad, the Bucs released former USF linebacker Ben Moffitt. Moffitt had been signed to Tampa Bay’s practice squad last week."
Looks like an every other series split like it has been all year. I have both but will have to play Graham due to the goal line looks.

proteus126 said:
Tanner9919 said:
Can we get this unwrapped? What is an anomaly about a RB that has never finished outside the top30 in RBs for a seson since he stepped into the NFL? He used to be more in the 12-24 range but what is such an anomaly? If you saw any reports on him during the off season, or have seen him up close and personal, he doesn't look a day over 21, and he seems to have plenty of juice left in that body of his.
I believe the anomaly here refers to the future and recent past. Dunn got 20+ touches for the first time since week 11 last year and had his first game with 100+ yards from scrimmage since week 10 last year. He ended up with that many touches/yards yesterday because Graham played FB due to an injury. If Graham is back to RB, Dunn's number of touches yesterday are anomaly in the sense that we shouldn't expect 20+ touches again.I'm not saying that's right or wrong (I'd like to hear more before I reach a conclusion), just that I believe that's the anomaly proteus126 was referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread