What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Eagles at Jets** (+6.5, 42.5) 4:25 (1 Viewer)

That's a BS Call
how?

was a pretty clear foul.
well looked like the Eagles defender was looking at Lazard, plus what is Lazard suppose to do there.
Not kill a guy?
he threw a block on him Guys use to do that all the time.
A block would have squared up with his hands to slow him down. He lowered the shoulder to decleat him.

That's a BS Call
how?

was a pretty clear foul.
well looked like the Eagles defender was looking at Lazard, plus what is Lazard suppose to do there.
Not kill a guy?
The subtlety they pointed to in the broadcast was that had he just gotten in his way or blocked with his hands then no penalty. He lowered his shoulder and Reed was looking at the runner not lazard so unnecessary roughness. Tough call but seemed like the right one.

How is hitting a guy from the front a blindside block?
Wasn’t looking that’s a clear example of what they want out of the game.
old time HOF WR did this type of block a lot.. They are pussifying this league big time. Its an unpopular opinion, but its true.
dude, seriously?

There's a good reason that kind of block has been outlawwed. It used to cause a TON of huge hits and injuries. There's a lot of momentum involved and those kinds of hits are dangerous.

(Not that I disagree with the rules getting tougher on defense, but this change was appropriate)

old time HOF WR did this type of block a lot.. They are pussifying this league big time. Its an unpopular opinion, but its true.
dude, seriously?

There's a good reason that kind of block has been outlawwed. It used to cause a TON of huge hits and injuries. There's a lot of momentum involved and those kinds of hits are dangerous.

(Not that I disagree with the rules getting tougher on defense, but this change was appropriate)
I get player safety, but you got to let guys make a play.. Its sucks, but that is football. Its a 14-9 game, what is Lazard suppose to do there, just let the defender catcher Wilson?

dude, seriously?

I get player safety, but you got to let guys make a play.. Its sucks, but that is football. Its a 14-9 game, what is Lazard suppose to do there, just let the defender catcher Wilson?
you're being a little hard headed here. It was a textbook foul, and a good call

That's a BS Call
how?

was a pretty clear foul.
Not kill a guy?
The subtlety they pointed to in the broadcast was that had he just gotten in his way or blocked with his hands then no penalty. He lowered his shoulder and Reed was looking at the runner not lazard so unnecessary roughness. Tough call but seemed like the right one.
Appreciate that info. Thanks

Hall with 5/54 catching the football has made him a decent flex option thus far, just doesn't uite seem to be able to break one off on the ground.

And some of us were openly questioning that first TD
I refrained from posting about that play. And will continue to do so
:lol: I think we all appreciate that. Still think had they called him down by contact instead of a fumble down by contact would have stood as the call.
Ok, one post…

The official in his explanation of why its overturned to a touchdown said “hurts never touched the ground so he’s not down by contact”.

No one on earth could see if he was down or not. It wasn’t ruled a td. There’s NO WAY there was anything clear that warranted making that TD

Man Philly fans travel better than any in the league. Every game is a home game for them. As if they needed the extra help.

And some of us were openly questioning that first TD
I refrained from posting about that play. And will continue to do so
:lol: I think we all appreciate that. Still think had they called him down by contact instead of a fumble down by contact would have stood as the call.
Ok, one post…

The official in his explanation of why its overturned to a touchdown said “hurts never touched the ground so he’s not down by contact”.

No one on earth could see if he was down or not. It wasn’t ruled a td. There’s NO WAY there was anything clear that warranted making that TD
problem was that they did have a clear replay showing the ball came out AFTER his hand reached it over the goal line...so it clearly COULDN't be a fumble. It was either short of the line to gain or a TD.
So if it wasn't a fumble (and it wasn't), what DO they correct it to besides TD? To overturn to short, since that wasn't the call on the field, wouldn't they then need clear evidence he was down before the reach?

It was tough, and I think they got it wrong, but to Eagles benefit.

man, I really do not like how slow and run the clock down all the way every drive is every week. won't work next week or for a bunch of other ones

sigh

bad enough it doesnt feel like Eagles have their A game. Add to that a steady dose of bad luck and we have a recipe for upset

Reed Blankenship is OUT with a ribs injury.

Eli Ricks is OUT with a knee injury.

Bradley Roby is questionable with a shoulder injury.

Users who are viewing this thread