What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eddie Lacy - 4.4x forties?! Or not - 4.56-4.62 range (1 Viewer)

Concept Coop

Footballguy
Christopher Walsh ‏@BOLWalsh 55s

Eddie Lacy looking pretty good for scouts. I timed him around 4.4 in the 40 - way unofficial

Deepbunk ‏@Deepbunk 2m

@TheGameWDGM: Unofficially Eddie Lacy ran a 4.4 in the 40 yard dash. He looked very smooth” $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for no RB going in the first round.

With the 1.1, the Knights in HA1 would like to go ahead and take Lacy now!

Other numbers coming in:

Senior Bowl ‏@seniorbowl 2m

On @seniorbowl watch, Eddie Lacy ran 4.58/4.62. Position drills now.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

According to @BuckyBrooks, who is in Tuscaloosa for Eddie Lacy's workout… The #Bama back ran 4.57 & 4.60 in the 40.

Other numbers coming in:

According to @BuckyBrooks, who is in Tuscaloosa for Eddie Lacy's workout… The #Bama back ran 4.57 & 4.60 in the 40.
Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks

Lacy flashed outstanding talent as a rubber and receiver, but lack of stamina is definitely a concern. Struggled the entire workout w/wind

He posted a 32.5 vertical and 9-7 broad jump & clocked a 4.44 short shuttle. Disappointing positional workout. Out of shape.Unable to finish

The lack of conditioning exhibited today will lead some coaches and scouts to question his work ethic. Concerns must be addressed in Mtgs

Other numbers coming in:

Lacy flashed outstanding talent as a rubber and receiver, but lack of stamina is definitely a concern. Struggled the entire workout w/wind

He posted a 32.5 vertical and 9-7 broad jump & clocked a 4.44 short shuttle. Disappointing positional workout. Out of shape.Unable to finish

The lack of conditioning exhibited today will lead some coaches and scouts to question his work ethic. Concerns must be addressed in Mtgs
well, hes still getting over his injury but this isn't helping the weak draft agrument

Alabama RB Eddie Lacy clocked forty times of 4.57 and 4.60 at his personal Pro Day working Thursday.

Other numbers coming in:

A lack of conditioning could have been a result of his hamstring injury not allowing for him to work his way into shape.

I'm not in position to draft him in any leagues but none of these reports would scare me off if I was.

Answered some questions. I expected 4.55-4.65 and he seems to be right in the middle of that. Very solid for a guy his size and it matches what we all saw him do in pads. Very happy he didn't run over 4.65 and happy that he had no reason to "fake injury", as many were throwing around.

I'll be punching in Lacy's name where I own 1.01.

I'll be trading down. I'd rather take a chance with a couple picks rather than take a chance with the 1.01
I dont know, it seems like everything went exactly how it was expected to go. He didn't blow things out of the water but he ran well. And the conditioning is a result of the injury. I'm happy with 1.01.

:lmao: more over-reactions to the 40 time of a player who is coming back from injury.

the guy had a partially torn hamstring... conditioning will always be a concern coming back from an injury like this.

if he slips in the draft because of this workout he's going to be a steal for an RB needy team in the NFL... but in fantasy, it's just plain dumb to pass on him for this. he's clearly the best back available this year, if you pass on him you're going to regret it imo.

the. tape. doesn't. lie.

My concern about discounting the workouts to rely on "the tape" is the absolute dominance of the Alabama OLine. The running lanes were huge last year and just about any D1 RB prospect would look solid. Outside of a couple NFL teams, RB's don't see holes like those created by Bama. And I don't see the spin move working on Sundays.

Maybe Lacy is still hurt and the workout is not an accurate representation of his physical talents. However, if he is a 4.6 runner I would temper my expectations. I'm thinking Alfred Morris upside.

My concern about discounting the workouts to rely on "the tape" is the absolute dominance of the Alabama OLine. The running lanes were huge last year and just about any D1 RB prospect would look solid. Outside of a couple NFL teams, RB's don't see holes like those created by Bama. And I don't see the spin move working on Sundays.

Maybe Lacy is still hurt and the workout is not an accurate representation of his physical talents. However, if he is a 4.6 runner I would temper my expectations. I'm thinking Alfred Morris upside.
Alfred Morris just ran for 1,600. Not sure if that's temering expectations.

Running those times after having a bad wheel for a couple months is a good thing.

Feeling happy to have the 1.1 in one league and mad that I didn't try harder to get it in others.

That's about how fast I would have expected. His speed is just average.

The 33.5" vertical and 9'7" broad jump are not that great. Jonathan Stewart at a shorter height and higher weight did 36" and 10'8" at the combine. Doug Martin at a higher BMI did 36" and 10'. Lacy's numbers aren't bad enough to have a huge impact on his stock, but they definitely point towards him being more of a "good" athlete than a freak.

My concern about discounting the workouts to rely on "the tape" is the absolute dominance of the Alabama OLine. The running lanes were huge last year and just about any D1 RB prospect would look solid. Outside of a couple NFL teams, RB's don't see holes like those created by Bama. And I don't see the spin move working on Sundays. Maybe Lacy is still hurt and the workout is not an accurate representation of his physical talents. However, if he is a 4.6 runner I would temper my expectations. I'm thinking Alfred Morris upside.
Least talented 1600-yd runner since Arian Foster.

My concern about discounting the workouts to rely on "the tape" is the absolute dominance of the Alabama OLine. The running lanes were huge last year and just about any D1 RB prospect would look solid. Outside of a couple NFL teams, RB's don't see holes like those created by Bama. And I don't see the spin move working on Sundays. Maybe Lacy is still hurt and the workout is not an accurate representation of his physical talents. However, if he is a 4.6 runner I would temper my expectations. I'm thinking Alfred Morris upside.
:lmao:

Lacy has durability questions, and combining that with work ethic questions is a little bit scary. I would have been trying to trade out of 1.1 already, but now I would be even more open to it

Running those times after having a bad wheel for a couple months is a good thing.

Feeling happy to have the 1.1 in one league and mad that I didn't try harder to get it in others.
lol, holy rose colored glasses.
Pot meet kettle. You seem to be clearly on the opposite side of the spectrum ("expected him to bomb") so I'm not sure why you're calling him out. The truth is that unless you were at the workout and know the full story behind what Lacy is dealing with and what he's been doing the past couple months, the interpretation of those numbers is largely meaningless.

Who is a good comparible for Lacy? Sjax, Burner, Jamal Anderson? Earl Campbell? Bettis?
at his best, I think his style is very Marshawn Lynch
Lynch with less speed is actually a fairly good comp.

Who is a good comparible for Lacy? Sjax, Burner, Jamal Anderson? Earl Campbell? Bettis?
i was thinking a mix of OJ Simpson power, Barry Sanders quickness, and Emmitt Smith vision.
1/10, for the effort.

The 40 time is fine, but the vert, broad and shuttle not so much. You would expect better from an elite talent. He lumps in with Bell, Bernard, Michael and Stacy. Where they land will make all the difference. Right now I have preference toward Bell and Bernard.

moderated said:
Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah, but I'm thinking I should be a bigger jerk about it like you.

werdnoynek said:
:lmao: more over-reactions to the 40 time of a player who is coming back from injury.

the guy had a partially torn hamstring... conditioning will always be a concern coming back from an injury like this.

if he slips in the draft because of this workout he's going to be a steal for an RB needy team in the NFL... but in fantasy, it's just plain dumb to pass on him for this. he's clearly the best back available this year, if you pass on him you're going to regret it imo.

the. tape. doesn't. lie.
It never lies about whether a guy is a good college football player. But it absolutely can lie about whether a guy is a good NFL player.

That's why the NFL spends all that time and money on the combine, and travels all around the country to go to pro days.

jonboltz said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
Sabertooth said:
That's the comp I have for him, but how good is Lynch with less speed?

jonboltz said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
Sabertooth said:
I don't see Lynch at all. MJD, Ray Rice, maybe? Obviously he is bigger, but based on running style, they work for me.

jonboltz said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
Sabertooth said:
pretty damned good. speed only comes into play at 3rd level really. Lacy's initial burst is comparable

moderated said:
Andy Dufresne said:

i apologize, my reaction may imply i think he is a horrible prospect, which isn't true. I just have never understood the talk of him as a 1st round NFL talent.

As for Lacy, the times aren't problematic IMO. We'll find out if teams are really worried about the rest of the workout on draft day. If they think he'd have been faster and more explosive if fully healthy he'll probably go in the first. If not, he might slip some. Assuming he's not a ton better than today's workout suggests, I like the Stephen Davis comps people have made. I don't have all the pre-draft info for Davis, but Lacy fits what I do have. I think you could also compare him to someone like Lamont Jordan (who probably didn't have the career he deserved buried behind a HOFer for four years). If he is faster, etc than he showed today the comps definitely suggest he's a first rounder.

moderated said:
Andy Dufresne said:

i apologize, my reaction may imply i think he is a horrible prospect, which isn't true. I just have never understood the talk of him as a 1st round NFL talent.
All I'm saying is that I can't see anyone else being the 1.1 in rookie drafts at this time. Someone else might get a great opportunity and Lacy could end up stuck behind someone. But for right now, he's the best prospect.

Bamac said:
Dr. Octopus said:
helix said:
You can tell who watches football and who doesn't.

Morris is a much more talented runner than Foster. Foster is hands-down a better receiver.

moderated said:
Andy Dufresne said:

All I'm saying is that I can't see anyone else being the 1.1 in rookie drafts at this time. Someone else might get a great opportunity and Lacy could end up stuck behind someone. But for right now, he's the best prospect.
due to rookie drafts being extremely weak at the top for this class that makes sense, but when you said you were disappointed you didn't go after the 1.01 in more drafts due to Lacys workout it just sounded of being in denial.

Trust me, for the most part the 1.01 is less expensive today then it was before his workout. If you really want to get the 1.01 in more leagues it benefited you to wait till now.

moderated said:
Andy Dufresne said:

due to rookie drafts being extremely weak at the top for this class that makes sense, but when you said you were disappointed you didn't go after the 1.01 in more drafts due to Lacys workout it just sounded of being in denial.

Trust me, for the most part the 1.01 is less expensive today then it was before his workout. If you really want to get the 1.01 in more leagues it benefited you to wait till now.
Why is 1.01 cheaper now than before the workout? I own it in a league and the price hasn't moved for me. He performed just about how I expected after being hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread