What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eli Manning - Buy, Sell or Hold (1 Viewer)

Buy, Sell or Hold

• Look to acquire him (buying low)

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Waiver/cut him (sell)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Don't do anything (hold)

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

Arizona Ron

Footballguy
Week 1 was good, Week 2 was bad and yesterday was just awful.

I don't see things changing in a week after yesterday's performance. Eli is a good quarterback but the offensive line is a mess right now.

Roster spaces are limited but the NYG could easily still be in the playoff hunt which would make him a great start for Fantasy playoffs/Bowl game.

I wondered what other Eli owners are thinking or if the non-Eli owners see this as a time to roster him cheap.

I'm holding Gomer and placing him on my 4 man practice squad next year so I can get something for him if he goes off. Right now he is rock bottom and close to worthless as far as selling.

There are so many good fantasy QBs out there this year. Why would you give Eli a second thought? I doubt mant people are in a position where they sre firced to start him every week. If you're selling, I'm not sure who would be buying.

There are so many good fantasy QBs out there this year. Why would you give Eli a second thought? I doubt mant people are in a position where they sre firced to start him every week. If you're selling, I'm not sure who would be buying.
I think the guys that are available in most leagues, aren't guys that many people have confidence in. I'm guessing QBs like E.J. Manual, Geno Smith and Terrelle Pryor are available but it's hard to know what they'll be doing when it's time for Fantasy Playoffs. We know Eli will be throwing during that time; it's hard to say if these other guys will even be starting then.

Normally I'd say he's a buy due to his low cost, but unless the Giant's O-Line can show they are there to play, you can't put any trust in Eli from a FF perspective.

Hold

it is Eli and the giants, they have turned teams i thought were average into winners before, may as well see if it happens again

Hold

it is Eli and the giants, they have turned teams i thought were average into winners before, may as well see if it happens again
Do you even think this team is average? I thought Carolina was a bit below average and... 38-0...

Hold

Do you even think this team is average? I thought Carolina was a bit below average and... 38-0...
Carolina has a solid front 7 on D. Combine that with the Giants inept O-line and Eli got his ### kicked.

Hold

i think we may have under estimated Carolina

right now the Giants are below average, but i just think they can possibly turn it around, probably being influenced by me being a Cowboys fan who thinks this team specializes with winning with smoke and mirrros. That being said, Eli should not be starting on anyone's team.

Haven't determined how much is play calling but that is a factor. These clowns still lineup at mid field in the power I formation with a FB. Gomer is sucking though.

I realize this is a terrible situation, but I don't think the Giants finish 1-15. I think their running game gets better at a mimum when Brown gets back.

I would have to think most Eli owners are ready to cut or trade him, no?

But the end of season schedule is pretty good in terms of matchups, Seattle being the one bad exception:

8 10/27 @PHI - - - - - - - 9 BYE - - - - - - - - - 10 11/10 OAK - - - - - - - 11 11/17 GB - - - - - - - 12 11/24 DAL - - - - - - - 13 12/1 @WAS - - - - - - - 14 12/8 @SD - - - - - - - 15 12/15 SEA - - - - - - - 16 12/22 @DET

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize this is a terrible situation, but I don't think the Giants finish 1-15. I think their running game gets better at a mimum when Brown gets back.

I would have to think most Eli owners are ready to cut or trade him, no?

But the end of season schedule is pretty good in terms of matchups, Seattle being the one bad exception:

8 10/27 @PHI - - - - - - - 9 BYE - - - - - - - - - 10 11/10 OAK - - - - - - - 11 11/17 GB - - - - - - - 12 11/24 DAL - - - - - - - 13 12/1 @WAS - - - - - - - 14 12/8 @SD - - - - - - - 15 12/15 SEA - - - - - - - 16 12/22 @DET
Still holding on to him because of the after-bye week games.

In a year when there are so many QBs putting up good fantasy numbers, why would anyone give Eli Manning a second thought?

I don't know why you would actively buy him as there are probably better options around, you probably can't sell because every other team in your league will have a QB with more upside. I guess you can hold, but what are you really holding for? I can't imagine a scenario where I would want him in my starting lineup ROS

In a year when there are so many QBs putting up good fantasy numbers, why would anyone give Eli Manning a second thought?

I don't know why you would actively buy him as there are probably better options around, you probably can't sell because every other team in your league will have a QB with more upside. I guess you can hold, but what are you really holding for? I can't imagine a scenario where I would want him in my starting lineup ROS
Because my other guy (Matt Ryan) is now matching Gomer in the suckage department.

Users who are viewing this thread