What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Engram / Branch - Either one going to put up big numbers going forward (1 Viewer)

milo

Footballguy
With Hasselback coming back, will this offense return to past years' effectiveness? Who should be the target here, or is it Koren?

Also, do you anticpate the running game to improve - if so, is Morris or Jones the prime beneficiary or are we looking at 50/50?

Engram and it's not even a debate.
It's not as clear-cut as you think it is. Koren Robinson is putting up better numbers than Engram, and has had more targets over the past 5 games. Plus, even if Hasselbeck comes back, he probably won't be at 100% until next season.I think Engram's days as a fantasy starter are over. He's going to be a low WR3 at best, even with Hasselbeck's return. Not that I think Branch will be much better.I actually think K-Rob is the shark move here. People are angling for Engram or Branch and they're ignoring the guy who is the team's leading (wide) receiver.

Engram and it's not even a debate.
It's not as clear-cut as you think it is. Koren Robinson is putting up better numbers than Engram, and has had more targets over the past 5 games. Plus, even if Hasselbeck comes back, he probably won't be at 100% until next season.I think Engram's days as a fantasy starter are over. He's going to be a low WR3 at best, even with Hasselbeck's return. Not that I think Branch will be much better.I actually think K-Rob is the shark move here. People are angling for Engram or Branch and they're ignoring the guy who is the team's leading (wide) receiver.
Robinson may indeed be overlooked, but Hasselback and Engram have a longstanding chemistry that also shouldn't be overlooked.

Robinson may be the leading receiver currently but once the QB change occurs I think you can throw that stat out the window. I snagged Branch off the free agent list this past week and it's not that I believe he'll be the top choice but this could clearly be a battle that plays out over the coming weeks and we'll see how in sync these guys are.

I am steering clear of the SEA passing game. I think the entire corps will be way more famine than feast. You start Engram and K-Rob will explode. You start Branch, it will be Engram. You start K-Rob and Branch will get the targets. You start them all and watch John Carlson light it up.

Robinson may indeed be overlooked, but Hasselback and Engram have a longstanding chemistry that also shouldn't be overlooked.
Chemistry is overrated. Engram has lost a step and it shows. I'm sure he'll put up better numbers with Hasselbeck, but there's no way he'll return to the prominence of years past.

Chemistry is overrated. Engram has lost a step and it shows. I'm sure he'll put up better numbers with Hasselbeck, but there's no way he'll return to the prominence of years past.
Years past was just last year, and Engram missed a bunch of games from his shoulder injury and has had the inconsistent Wallace throwing the ball. I haven't seen them play too much to see that Engram has lost a step, and I agree that it's unlikely he'll put up the same kind of numbers in his career year last year. But when Hasselback is looking for a safety valve, I think Engram will be the guy he looks for.

Years past was just last year, and Engram missed a bunch of games from his shoulder injury and has had the inconsistent Wallace throwing the ball. I haven't seen them play too much to see that Engram has lost a step, and I agree that it's unlikely he'll put up the same kind of numbers in his career year last year. But when Hasselback is looking for a safety valve, I think Engram will be the guy he looks for.
FWIW I'm not sure this is that big a deal even if he has. Speed was never Engram's game.

I am steering clear of the SEA passing game. I think the entire corps will be way more famine than feast. You start Engram and K-Rob will explode. You start Branch, it will be Engram. You start K-Rob and Branch will get the targets. You start them all and watch John Carlson light it up.
You may be right but the last two weeks Krob has scored 20 and 16 fantasy points in my league. If he does it again then I will be sold on him. Everything may change with Hasselbeck but I think we may be underestimating Krob because of how he has disappointed us in the past. Remember, he was an elite pick, put an elite numbers in his second season, and since then has fallen because of injuries and because of problems with dependency. Supposedly his dependency issues are under control. He has a great build and talent. I like his upside more than the others. Engram seems to have fallen off and he is getting old, 35,--it happens eventually. Branch has never put up elite numbers and is always hurt. I just don't see him having that much upside.One thing that DOES concern me about KROB is his dropped TD pass this wknd. Will that be held against him and will he be relegated because of it? I don't know. It seems to me though that Branch is better suited to the slot than the outside. He had his most success in NE playing in the slot where his small size didn't hinder him from getting off the line cleaner.

engram has been on my bench all year. hasn't put up more than 6 or so pts in any week. If anything he'll be a one-week wonder from this point out. I wouldn't count on him in the playoffs. FWIW, I dumped him yesterday for Clayton.

Users who are viewing this thread