What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN Prime Time (1 Viewer)

jeff_eaglz

I don't know what the future holds with all the reshuffling of TV packages next year, but NFL PrimeTime will be ending tonight (ESPN - Chris Berman/ Tom Jackson). This has been a fabulous show at the end of a day's action, IMO.Any thoughts on the end of this?

Before the internet, Prime Time was a must watch every Sunday Night. Berman has gotten stale, but is their a more underated analyst than Tom Jackson? I hope he is sticking around in some capacity.

they will still have countdown on Sunday morning and Monday before MNFi agree Tom Jackson is a great analyst. Young is ok when he drops his man love for Vick, Irvin has to go. WRs just don't make good analysts, too much about the me with them. Berman is getting stale, but hey it's Berman, he's a fixture to that show like Madden is to NFL telecasts.

Don't let your love of the highlights cloud your judgement as to the quality of the actual show. I would rather have had a wrap-up show on any other network, unfortunately ESPN was the only game in-town.

Don't let your love of the highlights cloud your judgement as to the quality of the actual show. I would rather have had a wrap-up show on any other network, unfortunately ESPN was the only game in-town.
Better or worse than the Sunday night show on TNT?

Due to my hate of Mark May. I would say better. However, I would watch an hour long Fox show if it existed.

Due to my hate of Mark May. I would say better. However, I would watch an hour long Fox show if it existed.
Damn. I liked the TNT show. I think because it was the first one that really acknowledged the existence of fantasy football.

Bob Costas is going to be hosting NBC's pre-game show next year right? Any word on who else will be in the studio with him?

Bob Costas is going to be hosting NBC's pre-game show next year right? Any word on who else will be in the studio with him?
Bob Costas is one of the most boring TV personalities out there. Sure, the guy knows his stuff, but his charisma does nothing for me but put me to sleep. :(

Speaking of stale... Bob Costas? He's going to make CBS look good.By the way, Costas I believe is on record as saying that fantasy football is a terrible thing - however the "baseball purist" loves rotisserie baseball.

According to the Boston Globe last week NFL Primetime will still exist, but it will be moved to Mondays. ESPN isn't allowed to show it on Sundays since NBC is going to have the Sunday Night game. ESPN wasn't sure where it was going to fit in the schedule on monday but it would be there.

Thank the heavens.Bob Costas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris Berman, and it's not even that close.

I disagree with Tom Jackson being a great analyst. I think his analysis of the Patriots after they opened the 2003 season with a loss to Buffalo may have been the single worst analysis in the history of football."They hate their coach (Belichick)."

Thank the heavens.

Bob Costas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris Berman, and it's not even that close.
:X If you like your Bread dry, your wine tasteless, and your excitment barely above a ant wreastling match then Costas is your man.

Thank the heavens.

Bob Costas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris Berman, and it's not even that close.
:goodposting: :bye:

I disagree with Tom Jackson being a great analyst. I think his analysis of the Patriots after they opened the 2003 season with a loss to Buffalo may have been the single worst analysis in the history of football.

"They hate their coach (Belichick)."
Hate Tom Jackson. Personal thing for me against him. Last year he stated Darrell Jackson was not going to play 5 minutes before kickoff, so I benched him at the last second. Of course, he played, scored 2 TDs and had over 100 yards receiving. I'll never trust him again.

I understand Dungy getting a game ball, but Fav're? Seriously? Maybe it was for the 29ints on the year? Unless they know something we dont. (hehe) :D

Why is ESPN ending NFL Primetime?
Whoever has the Sunday Night Broadcast will have the broadcasting rights to the evening highlights (or something like that).I still see no reason why ESPN can't have PrimeTime at 10PM CST.

Speaking of stale... Bob Costas? He's going to make CBS look good.By the way, Costas I believe is on record as saying that fantasy football is a terrible thing - however the "baseball purist" loves rotisserie baseball.
To be fair, rotisserie baseball hasn't had the effect on MLB than fantasy football has on the NFL.Roto players tend to be huge MLB fans to begin with, and then take a liking to individual players if they're on their roto teams.

Fantasy football players (the majority, not those on the board) tend to be more casual fans than the MLB roto player, and just rooting for individual players. Plus, there's a lot more of 'em. Therefore, there's been a lot more resentment from NFL purists.

They can move it to Monday or later Sunday night as suggested previously.I can't imagine an NFL week going by without Primetime. :cry:

Thank the heavens.

:X If you like your Bread dry, your wine tasteless, and your excitment barely above a ant wreastling match then Costas is your man.
:goodposting:

All those ESPN pre and post-game shows need to go. I don't know what's worse, having to deal with Berman and Irvin, or the fact that the new trend in NFL shows is for all the hosts to YELL AT EACH OTHER ALL THE TIME.I for one welcome our new Costas overlord.

Users who are viewing this thread