What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Every NFL Franchise's Best and Worst QBs? (1 Viewer)

Broncos: 

Best: Elway.  I know some might say Manning but different eras and all that.  Don't saddle Elway with Dan Reeves and he wins at least two more SBs (No way Broncos were beating 49ers).

Worst: Paxton Lynch.  He never developed, I never even saw a spark.  Brandon Allen has shown more in 2 games than Lynch ever did.  If you were grading on QB talent alone, it's Tebow but man, that season was solo much fun.
Best: Elway

Worst: Tebow by 10 million miles.  That season was a serious underachievement.  Any decent QB and we win 12 games easy thanks to that defense.

Steelers best.....tie between Bradshaw and big Ben. I think Ben is the better QB but Bradshaw was the better big game QB, as evidenced by 4 Superbowls.

Worst.......mark Malone and kordell Stewart give headaches thinking of them ......goota go with Stewart as the steelers wasted some good teams with Stewart
O'Donnell and Brister say Kordell hold my beer

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomzack and Brister say Kordell hold my beer
Meanwhile, somewhere quietly in a corner with a mixed drink in his hand, Charlie Batch whispers under his breath "don't bring up Charlie Batch, don't bring up Charlie Batch. . . damn you Sullie. . . damn you to HELL!!!" ;)

Eagles

best: mcnabb

worst: maybe brad goebel?  There were a lot of crap guys in the 60s and 70s, though.  Can’t comment on them too well.
Pat Ryun was the worst of the 1991 backups who played QB that year (Jim McMahon, Jeff Kemp, and Brad Goebel were the others). At least Goebel had the excuse of being a rookie.

i say rogers and randy wright take that to the bank bromigo
Starr was the best as evidenced by his five championships.   Randy Wright sucked, no doubt, I knew him personally BTW.  So to Tagge, Campbell (what a wasted draft pic), Dilweg and others, but the worst was John Hadl because of what they spent in draft capitol to acquire that broke down commodity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile, somewhere quietly in a corner with a mixed drink in his hand, Charlie Batch whispers under his breath "don't bring up Charlie Batch, don't bring up Charlie Batch. . . damn you Sullie. . . damn you to HELL!!!" ;)
NO, NO, NO...you people are forgetting the Kent F'n Graham year.  next up would be the Mark Malone/David Woodley/Todd Blackledge/Scott Campbell years before Bubby

i say rogers and randy wright take that to the bank bromigo
Starr was the best as evidenced by his five championships.   Randy Wright sucked, no doubt, I knew him personally BTW.  So to Tagge, Campbell (what a wasted draft pic), Dilweg and others, but the worst was John Hadl because of what they spent in draft capitol to acquire that broke down commodity.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Ditkaless Wonders
the championships are big no doubt and favre was awesome and super fun to watch but rogers is just something above and beyond with his accuracy and precision so to me that wins out picking a worst is tough but i just remember the wright years i think 85 and 86 as being really tough prior to magic man coming on take that to the bank bromigos

the championships are big no doubt and favre was awesome and super fun to watch but rogers is just something above and beyond with his accuracy and precision so to me that wins out picking a worst is tough but i just remember the wright years i think 85 and 86 as being really tough prior to magic man coming on take that to the bank bromigos
Few teams, if any, could match Starr, Rodgers, Favre, and Lynn Dickey for their top four.  That means Lambeau, Canadeo, Herber, and Rote don't even make the list.  hell our second four would be legends in Chicago, but in Green Bay, well hell, they are legends too.  Suck it Bears!

• Laughing
Reactions: SWC
Yeah it’s Matt or Bobby Layne which is well before most of our times.  How sad, I mean Charlie Batch is probably the 2nd best Lions QB of my lifetime, or maybe 3rd behind Erik Kramer or whoever the hell won the only playoff game since 1957.  You hear that other teams, we have one ### #### playoff win since 1957 and it was way back in 1992

worst:  Jesus so may to choose from, I guess I’ll go with Joey Harrington
I would side with Bobby Layne as well for best.  For me second-best would be Gary Danielson.

Wondering how long Mahommes has to play to supplant Dawson.  Not a whole lot longer I would think.  Still, respect for making Mahommes have to earn it over a franchise legend.
For me, the flag flies forever.

It's a different era I know, but to supplant Dawson Mahomes needs to win a ring. Once he does that I'm willing to make him the best Chief QB ever. 

Wondering how long Mahommes has to play to supplant Dawson.  Not a whole lot longer I would think.  Still, respect for making Mahommes have to earn it over a franchise legend.
Dawson is in the HOF and has a SB.

Surely as a physical talent, Mahomes is superior, but he's still got a ways to go to clearly supplant Dawson in this area.

Best: Elway

Worst: Tebow by 10 million miles.  That season was a serious underachievement.  Any decent QB and we win 12 games easy thanks to that defense.
That's a solid point.  But, if you are going to knock that team for under-performing, it's worth noting that Tebow was better than Orton.  It's hard to call him worst of all time when he was better than someone else.

That's a solid point.  But, if you are going to knock that team for under-performing, it's worth noting that Tebow was better than Orton.  It's hard to call him worst of all time when he was better than someone else.
No way.  Orton was a waaaay better QB than Tebow.  I remember going to training camp his rookie year (I used to mentor a high school kid and he loved going to training camp every year) and I watched Tebow miss a 3 yard out route 5 times in a row and thinking we were ####ed.  I was right.

That Seahawks era with Gelbaugh, Stouffer, and Dan McGwire may have had the worst collection of a trio of QBs.
In the three years after Fouts, these QBs started games for the Chargers:

1988 - Mark Malone, Babe Laufenberg, Mark Vlasic
1989 - Jim McMahon, Billie Joe Tolliver
1990 - Billie Joe Tolliver, Mark Vlasic, John Friesz

Users who are viewing this thread