What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Expected Biden Policy Accomplishments (1 Viewer)

Not sure but hopefully the Dems get rid of Pelosi this time around.  Come on man, Nancy is 80 years old. Need a fresh start with some younger blood.
It is not going to happen, Pelosi has been one of the most effective SOH in decades and still has widespread support from the rank and file Democrats in Congress. I don't expect a serious challenge to her speakership. And she is a rather young 80, seemingly more energetic than Trump who is 6 years her junior.

What’s this all about?

FTR, opioids sedate and decrease respiratory drive, so OD victims essentially fall asleep and stop breathing. They don’t scream “I can’t breathe” before succumbing to the toxicity.
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/george-floyd/new-court-docs-say-george-floyd-had-fatal-level-of-fentanyl-in-his-system/89-ed69d09d-a9ec-481c-90fe-7acd4ead3d04

I know he can't really do anything about this, but I'd like to see Daylight Savings time either extended year round or done away with altogether. I'm sick of the time change.
The senate is talking about it.  Man, if ever there was a bipartisan issue that we can all come together on it would be DST all the time.

1.  Not tear down democracy

2.  Not demonize opponents

3.  Not trample on the Bill of Rights

4.  Not spend all day golfing

5.  Not bombard the world with asinine, juvenile gibberish tweets non-stop

6.  Not alienate our true allies 

7.  Not cozy up to Putin

I’d be happy if he did the above without ever passing a single piece of legislation.

-

- we will have an administration that no longer thinks the press is the enemy of the people

-we will have press conferences that won’t be filled with lies

- there will be competent advisors and cabinet officials who know what they are doing and almost no firings

-we will have a President who will agree with intelligence officials and their reports

-our relations with our allies will be repaired and we will slowly become respected again.

I want Biden to mandate every household gets a record player. So families can listen to it at night.

squistion said:
It is not going to happen, Pelosi has been one of the most effective SOH in decades and still has widespread support from the rank and file Democrats in Congress. I don't expect a serious challenge to her speakership. And she is a rather young 80, seemingly more energetic than Trump who is 6 years her junior.
:confused: Trump?  What does this have to do with Trump?   

This is about our future SOH and moving forward.   Pelosi will be 81 in March, you gotta admit that is long in the tooth.

:confused: Trump?  What does this have to do with Trump?   

This is about our future SOH and moving forward.   Pelosi will be 81 in March, you gotta admit that is long in the tooth.
By the same token what does this have to do with Pelosi?  And you brought up the subject of age, so it is fair game to mention other politicians, particularly since there are reports that Trump has told aides he is considering running again in 2024, when he will be 78.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the same token what does this have to do with Pelosi?  And you brought up the subject of age, so it is fair game to mention other politicians, particularly since there are reports that Trump has told aides he is considering running again in 2024, when he will be 78.
I'm one who thinks Pelosi should walk.  I think her effectiveness, particularly in getting Democratic butts in House seats, is a bit overstated. She should just spin the Biden victory as the thing she was most concerned about in this cycle, take a victory lap, thumb Trump in the eye and pass the baton on to someone she feels would be good in fighting off the Left while dealing with the Right.  

Worse case scenario for the D's in the House if she croaks without some sort of spiritual successor.  

Is Trump going to be SOH?  Who cares what he is doing 4 years from now?  This is about now.

We need to refocus on what is going on in the party and don`t worry whatever Trump is doing.

Is Trump going to be SOH?  Who cares what he is doing 4 years from now?  This is about now.

We need to refocus on what is going on in the party and don`t worry whatever Trump is doing.
I don't know why we are discussing Pelosi in a thread about Biden's expected Policy Accomplishments (outside of the fact that bills will start in the House, but they would no matter who the SOH is).

I did not vote for Biden(or trump), however I would like a real budget that slows the growth of deficit, ideally to lower than the rate of inflation.

I would also like him to repeal the law that mandates ethanol in gasoline.

2Squirrels1Nut said:
I've never been in favor of a blanket retraction of policy but I hope he can reverse every environmental EO Trump signed. I like fishing and clean air, drinking water and stuff.
I grew up fishing and hunting in Wyoming and the method of logging that was done in the bighorn mountains was helpful for both fishing and hunting for two reasons. It created small clearings that were good for hunting, and also the loggers maintained roads which would have been otherwise unmaintained. This allowed us to get to hunting and fishing spots that we would not have been able to get to. I was not lazy, the logging roads often times only got you within 5+ miles of the destination and you still had hiking.

Trump opening up some national forests for forestry can be a net benefit to outdoorsman.

There were also other executive orders that he approved that are not negative towards either fishing or clean water. For example the regulation that made it so offshore drilling rigs needed to stream data real time to 3rd parties. Rather than store the data and turn it over later. There are other such regulations that trumps executive actions overturned.

Not everything trump did was bad.

I don't know why we are discussing Pelosi in a thread about Biden's expected Policy Accomplishments (outside of the fact that bills will start in the House, but they would no matter who the SOH is).
Because my hope is one of his accomplishments is putting some of the geezers out to pasture and getting some fresh blood in the system.  It is like the NFL that keeps hiring retreads as coaches.   It is time to pass the torch.

Biden getting briefings from national security experts in absence of access to classified security briefings. Dude's getting to work. It'll be nice to have an actual President and competent administration again.
An underrated aspect of a Biden presidency - he will lean on the experience of the men (other than Trump) that came before him. He will get the benefit of their experience. 

Trump famously never consulted with previous Presidents. Just Sean Hannity. 

Biden getting briefings from national security experts in absence of access to classified security briefings. Dude's getting to work. It'll be nice to have an actual President and competent administration again.
I wonder if Biden will accomplish half of what Trump accomplished on foreign policy(middle east/China/korea/russia), or if he will renew harmful agreements like the Iran deal.

An underrated facet of Trump's term, certainly by the liberal media.

I wonder if Biden will accomplish half of what Trump accomplished on foreign policy(middle east/China/korea/russia), or if he will renew harmful agreements like the Iran deal.

An underrated facet of Trump's term, certainly by the liberal media.
What has he accomplished with China?  He has set us back years with his stance on China as it comes to the trade deficit.

North Korea?  You mean giving in to what KJ wanted...and getting little in return?

Russia?  haha!!! what has he accomplished there?

Middle East...a couple nice agreements with Israel is a very good thing...look at Iran, its more of a mess than when he took over thanks to his actions.

So what about this was underrated?

What has he accomplished with China?  He has set us back years with his stance on China as it comes to the trade deficit.

North Korea?  You mean giving in to what KJ wanted...and getting little in return?

Russia?  haha!!! what has he accomplished there?

Middle East...a couple nice agreements with Israel is a very good thing...look at Iran, its more of a mess than when he took over thanks to his actions.

So what about this was underrated?
Exactly what I was thinking in terms of China. If we get nothing more accomplished then Phase One which is basically China buying without tariffs than we are only back to where we were before the trade war. I think they never had any intentions of anything beyond Phase One.

And N Korea has more nuclear weapons then before and got treated as an equal by the world's greatest power.

The middle east has no new wars, no fewer wars...status quo maintained.  I see no reason Biden can't "accomplish" that.  NK now has access to devices that can launch nuclear warheads and continues to push towards a nuclear warhead.  I HOPE Biden doesn't "accomplish" that.  Definitely going in the wrong direction there.  Russia is Russia...not sure if he actually DID anything with them.  China?  For all intents and purposes, the trade deficit is what it was at the beginning of Trump's term and it only cost use numerous industries that have gone bankrupt or been required to suck at the government teet to survive.  Again, hope he doesn't continue to "accomplish" like that.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/george-floyd/new-court-docs-say-george-floyd-had-fatal-level-of-fentanyl-in-his-system/89-ed69d09d-a9ec-481c-90fe-7acd4ead3d04

The senate is talking about it.  Man, if ever there was a bipartisan issue that we can all come together on it would be DST all the time.
I am 100% certain he didn’t die of a fentanyl OD, and it sounds like the ME doesn’t think so either:

"If he were found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified with levels of 3," Baker told investigators.

In another new document, Baker said, "That is a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances."

But then Baker added, "I am not saying this killed him."
Basically, the high level shows he was a chronic opioid user, able to tolerate fentanyl concentrations that would kill people who haven’t developed tolerance to the drug.

But I agree DST is stupid.

I am 100% certain he didn’t die of a fentanyl OD, and it sounds like the ME doesn’t think so either:

Basically, the high level shows he was a chronic opioid user, able to tolerate fentanyl concentrations that would kill people who haven’t developed tolerance to the drug.

But I agree DST is stupid.
I agree on the chronic use part - the point was that this would be an obfuscating factor in the criminal trials.

On the second, DST is awesome.  Let's just make it permanent.  Damn sun went down today at 5pm.  Hate it.

I hope he can do something about the 2017 tax cut by Trump and the GOP for the wealthy which has an easter egg in it - a 2021 tax increase for anybody making under a $100 k.

If not, I'm sure the right will blame Biden for a tax increase.

<<bookmark this>>

I hope he can do something about the 2017 tax cut by Trump and the GOP for the wealthy which has an easter egg in it - a 2021 tax increase for anybody making under a $100 k.

<<bookmark this>>
Not without legislation from the House/Senate.  GL with that.

<<bookmark this>>
I thought this surprise wasn't til 2025, no? 

Man, if ever there was a bipartisan issue that we can all come together on it would be DST all the time.
i suspect you're right.  but i pretty much don't really get it, it's just changing the name of the hour twice a year.  which is a weird thing to do.

could some of the DST love be because it coincides with the time of year when the hours of daylight is longest, and the weather better for much of the country?

Big fan of the bolded part.  

I would also like to see Biden make a push for clean energy.  At least to me, that seems like a good complement to an infrastructure initiative.
This was all supposed to happen during infrastructure week.  Along with planes, trains, and automobiles.  Been waiting 4 years for infrastructure week.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
This was all supposed to happen during infrastructure week.  Along with planes, trains, and automobiles.  Been waiting 4 years for infrastructure week.
Always talk about infrastructure. Money for bailouts but in need of better roads including more lanes, better surfaces, repairing of bridges and dams, airports, schools.

That would be awesome!  We haven't had one of those since the first George Bush.
I disagree...I don't think Clinton, W, or Obama were more concerned with their ego vs the good of the country.  I may not have agreed with all they did...but don't think they did things out of ego the way I believe Trump does.

Not a lot of specific policy mentions in this thread unfortunately.  
As has been pointed out repeatedly, Biden's expected policy accomplishments depend greatly on whether the Democrats have control of the Senate.  It makes no sense whatsoever to speculate on this until we learn the results of the two Georgia run-off elections.

I'll give my answer sometime around January 8 or so.

As noted earlier, I would think it can't even be speculated until we know the results of the GA runoff elections?

As has been pointed out repeatedly, Biden's expected policy accomplishments depend greatly on whether the Democrats have control of the Senate.  It makes no sense whatsoever to speculate on this until we learn the results of the two Georgia run-off elections.

So, did you want to discuss expected accomplishments? Or no?

Not a lot of specific policy mentions in this thread unfortunately.  
This matters now?

Personally, I don't see the point...with the party of "No" being in control of the Senate, virtually nothing's going to get done.  I'll probably revisit the thread should they miraculously flip the Senate.  

It's difficult to talk about expected policy accomplishments when we have no idea what his policy positions are.  He spent the entire time in his basement.
Actually we do...his platform and speeches and website lat out quite a lit of his positions.  They really aren't hard at al to find.  And the basement comment is provably false and has been shown as much. Please stop repeating such things.

Users who are viewing this thread