What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Comedian attacked because she voted for Biden, handles it like a champ (1 Viewer)

tymarsas

Footballguy

Comedian gets full beer can thrown at her head because she voted for Biden and responds in best possible way.

Just want to point out that I don't blame Republicans, conservatives or Trump voters in general for this one persons actions. It was clearly just one idiot that did this.

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.

Last edited:
1. Mad props to the comedian for keeping her cool.
2. These are the type of things that happen when you believe other human beings around you that you interact with are racist/baby killers/ignorant/hateful/destroying the country/whatever just because of the person they voted for a couple years ago.
3. This is why weed >> booze.

Do you think you contribute to this feeling in the country with your posting style and demonizing of the left?

why is this even a thread really? an unknown comedian was heckled by a drunk person and it makes so much news because Trump and Biden was mentioned in it? its a thread intended to show trump voters are a a certain way, isn't it ? I mean that IS what this threads intention was, right ?

you have the President saying things like "“But there’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans. And that is a threat to this country.”"

THAT's contributing to the feelings in this country, and demonizing .... isn't it ?

Note to anyone who is considering attending a comedy club. If you are offended easily, go elsewhere..
100%

I’d add that unless this drunk lady has some very public job we don’t need to out her and ruin her life for being a sloppy drunk and acting like a complete fool (I’m guessing she’s an idiot and can get fired alienate all around her all on her own).

Do you think you contribute to this feeling in the country with your posting style and demonizing of the left?

why is this even a thread really? an unknown comedian was heckled by a drunk person and it makes so much news because Trump and Biden was mentioned in it? its a thread intended to show trump voters are a a certain way, isn't it ? I mean that IS what this threads intention was, right ?

you have the President saying things like "“But there’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans. And that is a threat to this country.”"

THAT's contributing to the feelings in this country, and demonizing .... isn't it ?
I don’t take it that way. This could have easily been an example with roles flipped. To me this is about how political polarization has harmed our social interactions.

The comedian should have found a way to deflect and not answer the question. No reason to get into politics during a comedy show. The lady asking the question was just a drunken bully.

I don’t take it that way. This could have easily been an example with roles flipped. To me this is about how political polarization has harmed our social interactions.

The comedian should have found a way to deflect and not answer the question. No reason to get into politics during a comedy show. The lady asking the question was just a drunken bully.
Well she did try and deflect a couple times. Don‘t try and heckle a comedian if you aren’t prepared to become part of the show.

Well she did try and deflect a couple times. Don‘t try and heckle a comedian if you aren’t prepared to become part of the show.
No disagreement. Sadly this is where we are as a country though. People can’t talk about who they voted for without an argument ensuing.

We did. There is a several page long thread about him in this forum. Got anything else to add?

oh oh, me, pick me !!!

Ye
aka Kanye West

he aint toeing the line and he's being banned/blackballed/attacked for it ............... he's learning what its like to have independent thought

We did. There is a several page long thread about him in this forum. Got anything else to add?

oh oh, me, pick me !!!

Ye
aka Kanye West

he aint toeing the line and he's being banned/blackballed/attacked for it ............... he's learning what its like to have independent thought
Expressing unhinged antisemitic rants is "not toeing the line" in your world?
And @Stealthycat your news sources may not have posted the actual text of Kanye's tweet. So here it is, in case you were just regurgitating media talking points.

I'm a bit sleepy tonight but when I wake up I'm going death con 3 On JEWISH PEOPLE The funny thing is I actually can't be Anti Semitic because black people are actually Jew also

it was the White Lives Matter shirt that got him banned from Instagram and his concert canceled ......

on the Jewish remark I have no idea what he meant ... but that's not what started it, his White Lives Matter shirt did

This is getting absurd. Correction: It's been absurd for a while. Now we're at Ludicrous speed.
So now I'm responsible for some lady throwing her drink at a comedian? Get out of here with that silly question. As Alex stated above, we could ask that question of you or anybody else.

You aren't above reproach in here buddy.

This is getting absurd. Correction: It's been absurd for a while. Now we're at Ludicrous speed.
Tangent: what % of people in here could we ask that question of? (Note: I’m not claiming moral superiority here)
I think most of us. IMO just clicking on this crap, repeating it, etc.. is contributing to this. The difference is, I am not posting as though I am not doing it to a degree or that it's just other people that are being absurd.

I asked BR because that was the tone of his post.

So now I'm responsible for some lady throwing her drink at a comedian? Get out of here with that silly question. As Alex stated above, we could ask that question of you or anybody else.

You aren't above reproach in here buddy.
Holy hyperbole. Nowhere did I say that.

it was the White Lives Matter shirt that got him banned from Instagram and his concert canceled ......

on the Jewish remark I have no idea what he meant ... but that's not what started it, his White Lives Matter shirt did
I think I do. Per the tweet, he is pretty clear that he intends to have an "increase in readiness beyond normal readiness"* when it comes to Jewish people. I don't know how to interpret that other than him as saying that he sees significant tension between himself and jewish people. He then references the theory of a rather controversial religious group called the Black Hebrew Israelites. In short, The Black Hebrew Israelites assert that they (black people) are actually the true descendants of the Hebrews referenced in the bible.** Kanye clearly must be referencing this movement/belief/group and associating himself with it because, in context, it's probably the only rational way that he can say that he is Jewish. Which then leads to the interpretation that a reader can't call his tweet anti-Semitic because he's saying he's Jewish to begin with. I'll make no comment as to whether his tweet is then, as a whole, logical and rational or just the rantings of somebody dealing with a mental health issue.

*This is the definition of "going defcon 3." Kanye appears to errantly write "death con" and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't actually planning to cause "death" but just got the term wrong.

** The movement has been heavily criticized by the Southern Poverty Law Center for its racist undertones as well as by general historians for simply lacking a factual foundation for its claims. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites

Trump bad!!!!
I think it’s more bringing up politics at a comedy club, being very unfunny, getting clowned on by the comedian, freaking out and acting a fool bad!!
There is a good chance that a lot of her act is political - and so what.
Yeah I gotta imagine Trump was a common topic/issue/punchline at comedy clubs across the country during his presidency.
He handles it so well also lol.

I think I do. Per the tweet, he is pretty clear that he intends to have an "increase in readiness beyond normal readiness"* when it comes to Jewish people. I don't know how to interpret that other than him as saying that he sees significant tension between himself and jewish people. He then references the theory of a rather controversial religious group called the Black Hebrew Israelites. In short, The Black Hebrew Israelites assert that they (black people) are actually the true descendants of the Hebrews referenced in the bible.** Kanye clearly must be referencing this movement/belief/group and associating himself with it because, in context, it's probably the only rational way that he can say that he is Jewish. Which then leads to the interpretation that a reader can't call his tweet anti-Semitic because he's saying he's Jewish to begin with. I'll make no comment as to whether his tweet is then, as a whole, logical and rational or just the rantings of somebody dealing with a mental health issue.

*This is the definition of "going defcon 3." Kanye appears to errantly write "death con" and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't actually planning to cause "death" but just got the term wrong.

** The movement has been heavily criticized by the Southern Poverty Law Center for its racist undertones as well as by general historians for simply lacking a factual foundation for its claims. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites

wow

you went leaps and bounds breaking down the psych of Kanye !

lets do this - when we disagree with someone, lets ban them from social media and cancel their jobs/concerts etc and try and silence them ! The American Way !!

The owners of the business when you break their rules?

there you go " their rules "

black man says what is on his man, he breaks "their rules"

tell me now, who are "they" ???
"They" in this case are the people on Meta and Twitter. I think their rules are regarding anti-semitic posts. You can look them up if you like.

If you want you can support Kanye on social media, buy his merch in support, go see his next show.

Trump bad!!!!
I think it’s more bringing up politics at a comedy club, being very unfunny, getting clowned on by the comedian, freaking out and acting a fool bad!!
There is a good chance that a lot of her act is political - and so what.
Yeah I gotta imagine Trump was a common topic/issue/punchline at comedy clubs across the country during his presidency.
He handles it so well also lol.
Just like his supporters apparently.

wow

you went leaps and bounds breaking down the psych of Kanye !

lets do this - when we disagree with someone, lets ban them from social media and cancel their jobs/concerts etc and try and silence them ! The American Way !!
Huh? I used definition and fact to interpret in context what he seems to be saying. Words have definitions. Context is important. Staying within those lanes to draw reasonable conclusions does not constitute "going leaps and bounds."

Out of curiosity, do you disagree with my interpretation? If so, why?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread