What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAAB amount? (1 Viewer)

4th&inches

Footballguy
I'm the commish in my primary Keeper league and we're moving (finally) to a FAAB system from the old reverse standings waiver order.

My question is how much should I set the FAAB up for?

I was thinking $200, but not sure what is the preferred amount.

Not sure if it really matters, but figured i'd ask.

thanks in advance

I think the key is to avoid ties and people betting in the same 1/5/10 increments, so $200 could be good.

Another question is what strategy to use in bidding.

I don't think it truly matters. For owners doing it for the first time, keeping it at $100 keeps it simple. It will make ties a little more frequent, but that can be a good thing and drive up bids for everyone too, trying to avoid those ties.

We do something unique in my home league re-draft that I've never really seen anything else do. We have a $100 entry, and $100 FAAB budget, both due prior to draft. So you're playing with real money in FAAB. We've been doing it for years, and while I don't think it has really impacted things, I personally think it is fun. Some owners are tightwads, some blow through their whole budget. We also do $5 per trade -- which you think would slow down trades, but it doesn't -- we typically have more than 50 trades per year.

I don't think it truly matters. For owners doing it for the first time, keeping it at $100 keeps it simple. It will make ties a little more frequent, but that can be a good thing and drive up bids for everyone too, trying to avoid those ties.

We do something unique in my home league re-draft that I've never really seen anything else do. We have a $100 entry, and $100 FAAB budget, both due prior to draft. So you're playing with real money in FAAB. We've been doing it for years, and while I don't think it has really impacted things, I personally think it is fun. Some owners are tightwads, some blow through their whole budget. We also do $5 per trade -- which you think would slow down trades, but it doesn't -- we typically have more than 50 trades per year.
So where does the left over money go if someone doesn't use all their FAAB cash?

I use $200 as standard for FAAB, but I have one league I commish where it's $1,000. I think it might be nice to use millions in the future though, it would seem like you're signing them to a real NFL contract!

As long as you work out in your head what percentage of your FA budget you're spending it doesn't really matter what the number is though!

Users who are viewing this thread