What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanball still down (1 Viewer)

Mjolnirs

Footballguy
Anyone else still using Fanball.com?On of my leagues does and the site is still unavailable. The page they have up states:

The site will be unavailable until 1 PM CT on Thursday afternoon, June 25th. During this time, we will be getting Commissioner NFL ready for the 2009 season as well as completing the implementation and testing of numerous enhancements and improvements.
Has anyone gotten an e-mail from them or anything indicating what is going on? I'm just guessing there updates didn't take too well and the testing is not going very well.

Anyone else still using Fanball.com?On of my leagues does and the site is still unavailable. The page they have up states:

The site will be unavailable until 1 PM CT on Thursday afternoon, June 25th. During this time, we will be getting Commissioner NFL ready for the 2009 season as well as completing the implementation and testing of numerous enhancements and improvements.
Has anyone gotten an e-mail from them or anything indicating what is going on? I'm just guessing there updates didn't take too well and the testing is not going very well.
try going to the fanball sight - Fanball.com and not the link you might have saved. The old League has been converted to a different name. Instead of Fanball Commissioner, it is now Commissioner NFL. Both of these leagues will be under your profile once you have logged in. Only the Commissioner NFL link will work.

try going to the fanball sight - Fanball.com and not the link you might have saved. The old League has been converted to a different name. Instead of Fanball Commissioner, it is now Commissioner NFL. Both of these leagues will be under your profile once you have logged in. Only the Commissioner NFL link will work.
:lmao: This works. Thanks for the info.

Did your League History stats disappear? Ours did, and I have e-mailed a complaint to their customer service page. If anyone has had a similar problem, I'd be interested to hear about it.

I'm not sticking with fanball if my 7 years of league history have dissappeared.

Did your League History stats disappear? Ours did, and I have e-mailed a complaint to their customer service page. If anyone has had a similar problem, I'd be interested to hear about it.I'm not sticking with fanball if my 7 years of league history have dissappeared.
A lot of things are screwed up right now. They are in process of fixing everything if you can believe what you read.

The only reason my league sticks with Fanball is because of the history saved on the site. If it doesn't reappear (as Fanball claims it will), it will be the easiest choice of my life to leave this site as we have had trouble with it every year.

The only reason my league sticks with Fanball is because of the history saved on the site. If it doesn't reappear (as Fanball claims it will), it will be the easiest choice of my life to leave this site as we have had trouble with it every year.
:kicksrock: The history is the only reason to stay. Their live scoring is the worst I have ever encountered when it actually works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, MFL has (or is working on) a tool to import Fanball history into MFL. When I saw that I emailed Fanball to see if the league history that I had from 2002 to 2005 was still available but they said that as soon as you don't renew your league they immediately delete your league (including all history).

BTW, if you take your league history seriously, there is an add-on for MFL called MFL History that tracks a ton of stuff. You can see a demo here:

http://mflhistory.com/leaguehistory.php?id=166

Our league history and contract lengths are all deleted, and they haven't responded to my complaint ticket yet....

:hot: :eek:

i currently use fanball for 4 leagues that i run and am looking at mfl but i cannot figure out how the heck to do yardage based scoring for kickers

1-25 3pts

26-35 4 pts etc ? any clue

i like the site customization and might switch to them if it goes smoothly

i currently use fanball for 4 leagues that i run and am looking at mfl but i cannot figure out how the heck to do yardage based scoring for kickers 1-25 3pts26-35 4 pts etc ? any cluei like the site customization and might switch to them if it goes smoothly
1-30 yards 3 pts31- 70 yards .1 pt/yardSo, 35 yards=3.5, 54 yards=5.4, etcOf course, you can customize how ever you want, that is just one example.

Anyone else still using Fanball.com?

On of my leagues does and the site is still unavailable. The page they have up states:

Did not realize that...thanks. I've been using a saved url and damn things shows its still down.Anyhow, it's still bushleague after their "improvements"....we have lost all of our off-season trades (Dynasty) and league messages.

Supposedly they are to fix that but I am not holding my breath....currently switching that 5 yr Dynasty to MFL and hoping I can bring all of my league history with me. :goodposting:

FWIW 800-267-3322 is Customer Service Manager

Apparently, MFL has (or is working on) a tool to import Fanball history into MFL. When I saw that I emailed Fanball to see if the league history that I had from 2002 to 2005 was still available but they said that as soon as you don't renew your league they immediately delete your league (including all history).

BTW, if you take your league history seriously, there is an add-on for MFL called MFL History that tracks a ton of stuff. You can see a demo here:

As much as I like MFL and am in the process of moving all my leagues there, their league history blows.That demo (no offense) is garbage when you compare it to the likes of Fanball and CBS with Fanball being the best in regards to history...however, much of the rest of FB sucks including their down time in the offseason.

They've got you by the nuts when they say to get your league hiostory you must renew your league.

Maybe MFL can/will work with us Commishes that are trying to make the move :goodposting:

On of my leagues does and the site is still unavailable. The page they have up states:

Did not realize that...thanks. I've been using a saved url and damn things shows its still down.Anyhow, it's still bushleague after their "improvements"....we have lost all of our off-season trades (Dynasty) and league messages.

Supposedly they are to fix that but I am not holding my breath....currently switching that 5 yr Dynasty to MFL and hoping I can bring all of my league history with me. :goodposting:

I would be shocked if the data was not available again, once they get their production systems tested, fixed and on-line again. Why they would just upload new apps/upgrades and not perform functional and load/stress testing on the system in a dev environment first - then move it to produciton, is beyond me. And a great way to piss off and lose valuable clients.

Supposedly they are to fix that but I am not holding my breath....currently switching that 5 yr Dynasty to MFL and hoping I can bring all of my league history with me. :P

I would be shocked if the data was not available again, once they get their production systems tested, fixed and on-line again. Why they would just upload new apps/upgrades and not perform functional and load/stress testing on the system in a dev environment first - then move it to produciton, is beyond me. And a great way to piss off and lose valuable clients.
I've talked to them a few times and I don NOT get the impression that they will be going back and addinmg off-season deals...those appear to be gone, as will all future traded draft picks.I honestly feel all FB leagues need to get on the horn and raise some hell...they have us all hostage with the league history as well, this is the first time they have "buried" league history during the off-season.

:goodposting:

As much as I like MFL and am in the process of moving all my leagues there, their league history blows.That demo (no offense) is garbage when you compare it to the likes of Fanball and CBS with Fanball being the best in regards to history...however, much of the rest of FB sucks including their down time in the offseason.

They've got you by the nuts when they say to get your league hiostory you must renew your league.

Maybe MFL can/will work with us Commishes that are trying to make the move :confused:
I was with Fanball for 3 years. I don't remember their history as being anything special, certainly nowhere near what MFLHistory offers. Has it changed since 2007? What stats does Fanball have that MFLHistory doesn't?

Users who are viewing this thread