What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/DraftKings Week 4 (1 Viewer)

MT, the IVC for Fanduel is allowing for more than 4 players from a single team and you can't do that on Fanduel. For example, if I'm selecting Suisham, Pitt and Bell...then a couple other players...the program has filled in with Ben and Wheaton under certain circumstances.
Thanks for pointing this out. I don't think there's a good way on my end to prevent it from giving you Ben and Wheaton if they are part of the highest-scoring combination. The best solution for now, when it gives you Ben and Wheaton after you've already got three Steelers in the lineup, would be for you to remove the blue guys it suggested and cross out Ben, run it, then remove the blue guys it suggested and cross out Wheaton while restoring Ben, and run it again, and go with the lineup you like best out of those two. (Or keep playing around to find alternative lineups.)

The solutions on my end are not as good. I'd have to check to see if there are 5+ players on a particular team either (a) every time it runs through a combination of players and finds a [usually temporarily] new high score, or (b) at the end, after it's gone through all lineups and found the highest score.

Choice (a) would slow the program down quite a bit. I don't want to do that.

Choice (b) would just tell you that you've got too many guys from one team; it wouldn't tell you (because it wouldn't know) what the best legal lineup is.

Down the line, I could go with choice (b) and insert the illegal lineup while putting all the Steelers (or whichever team has 5+ players) in red as a warning. But that's down the line because it would necessitate some major changes to the program. (Right now, it doesn't know which players are on which teams; it only knows which games they're playing in. So for now, it can't distinguish between Steelers and Buccaneers. And that's not an easy fix because not all daily sites list which teams a player is on -- FanDuel, for example, where it lists player names and salaries, also lists which game a player is playing in -- "PIT@TB" -- but that's all. So I'd have to have a list of rosters for each team to match to the player names. It's doable, but it's a bigger overhaul than other changes I'm planning to make that I believe will have a bigger impact.)

Last edited by a moderator:
MT, the IVC for Fanduel is allowing for more than 4 players from a single team and you can't do that on Fanduel. For example, if I'm selecting Suisham, Pitt and Bell...then a couple other players...the program has filled in with Ben and Wheaton under certain circumstances.
Thanks for pointing this out. I don't think there's a good way on my end to prevent it from giving you Ben and Wheaton if they are part of the highest-scoring combination. The best solution for now, when it gives you Ben and Wheaton after you've already got three Steelers in the lineup, would be for you to remove the blue guys it suggested and cross out Ben, run it, then remove the blue guys it suggested and cross out Wheaton while restoring Ben, and run it again, and go with the lineup you like best out of those two. (Or keep playing around to find alternative lineups.)

The solutions on my end are not as good. I'd have to check to see if there are 5+ players on a particular team either (a) every time it runs through a combination of players and finds a [usually temporarily] new high score, or (b) at the end, after it's gone through all lineups and found the highest score.

Choice (a) would slow the program down quite a bit. I don't want to do that.

Choice (b) would just tell you that you've got too many guys from one team; it wouldn't tell you (because it wouldn't know) what the best legal lineup is.

Down the line, I could go with choice (b) and insert the illegal lineup while putting all the Steelers (or whichever team has 5+ players) in red as a warning. But that's down the line because it would necessitate some major changes to the program. (Right now, it doesn't know which players are on which teams; it only knows which games they're playing in. So for now, it can't distinguish between Steelers and Buccaneers. And that's not an easy fix because not all daily sites list which teams a player is on -- FanDuel, for example, where it lists player names and salaries, also lists which game a player is playing in -- "PIT@TB" -- but that's all. So I'd have to have a list of rosters for each team to match to the player names. It's doable, but it's a bigger overhaul than other changes I'm planning to make that I believe will have a bigger impact.)
:thumbup:

I just didn't notice it at first and wanted to make sure it was a "known issue", even though it's not that big of one IMO.

Newby to draftkings here and have a couple of questions?

1. What does the X (3, 10 or whatever) next to the user name mean? If someone has X50 does that mean they are a seasoned player as opposed to someone with no X or X2.

2. What distinguishes a beginner from anyone else, can anyone play them and are those contests in theory easier to win?

I have actually done pretty well after 3 weeks playing mostly HTH for between $10 and $50 bucks, up $100 on a $250 bankroll. If there is another thread for this I apologize.

ROCKET said:
Newby to draftkings here and have a couple of questions?

1. What does the X (3, 10 or whatever) next to the user name mean? If someone has X50 does that mean they are a seasoned player as opposed to someone with no X or X2.

2. What distinguishes a beginner from anyone else, can anyone play them and are those contests in theory easier to win?

I have actually done pretty well after 3 weeks playing mostly HTH for between $10 and $50 bucks, up $100 on a $250 bankroll. If there is another thread for this I apologize.
If someone has X50 next to the name they have 50 H2H contests open looking for opponents. I try to avoid those guys because at least in theory they are good enough to not care about their opponents and want as much action as they can get.

As I understand it, you can play in 50 beginner contests and then those contests are no longer available to you. In theory these games are easier, but not a guarantee. Someone who has experience from another site but is new to DK could play in these beginner contests.

The cheapest GPP available on FanDuel is $25. They trying to force people into their qualifiers?
They have them as low as $1, make sure you have your filters set correctly. I see a $5 one right now, but most of the tournaments have already filled to capacity.

I spent $27 dollars into the $100,000 GPP on Draftkings.

Why not. :shrug:

The cheapest GPP available on FanDuel is $25. They trying to force people into their qualifiers?
They have them as low as $1, make sure you have your filters set correctly. I see a $5 one right now, but most of the tournaments have already filled to capacity.
Seems that the lowest buyin GPPs filled a bit early this week and they didn't open up any new ones.
That was just wierd this week. Normally have a full page of contests filling right up to the last minute. They let the last hour go by with virtually nothing cheap this week.

Steve Smith and Antonio Brown covering for Garcon's terrible game big time. 49.1 points combined in under a half and have Bennett with 9 already.

I only entered a $10 Quintuple up and two $5 Triple ups, so great start to Sunday for me.

Still have Rivers, Brown, Parkey and Chargers defense to go.

I like my chances to make a nice return this week.

What are everyone's thoughts on Steve Smith this week. IMO at $6100, been putting up decent numbers and especially going against the team that cut him, I think he is going to be fired up this week and is in line for a huge game. I will be playing him as much as possible.
goodposting

GPP:

Antonio Brown 30%

Steve Smith 21%

M Bennett 19%

J Nelson 13%

M Forte 10%

D Brown 30%

A Bradshaw 17%

My H2Hs usually have at least 4 matched players. Looks like it'll take 150+ to win anything this week. Thats what it took to win in 1 pm only games anyway. I was between 129 and 133 and took a beating everywhere.

Now I really wish I had entered a Tournament. My team is up to 145.56. Currently 1st in my $10 Quintuple up and 5th/6th in my two $5 Triple ups.

Will cash both 50/50 and looking good in both tourneysI entered too.

Steve Smith paired with Brown in one, Nelson in another.

Now I really wish I had entered a Tournament. My team is up to 145.56. Currently 1st in my $10 Quintuple up and 5th/6th in my two $5 Triple ups.
Depends what kind of tournament your talking about. Most scores are in the 180's at the top of the leaderboards of large GPP's.

Learned a lesson this week in dailies. I need to focus on one core tourney roster.

There were a lot of players who went off that I liked this week but I diluted them across multiple lineups thinking at least one would hit big.

Turns out I do a better job when I have a key team of focus. Went from consistent 155+ point performances in Weeks 1-3 to no team hitting that mark in Week 4.

2 entries in FBG should hopefully hold on for money..

1st team is 170th with 135.76

Philip Rivers, Matt Forte, Donald Brown, Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Greg Olsen, Robbie Gould, Pittsburgh Steelers

2nd team is 173rd with 135.56

Philip Rivers, Le'Veon Bell, Donald Brown, Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Antonio Gates, Shaun Suisham, Detroit Lions

One other team in a 50/50 100 entries $5 entry is currently 36th with 124.52 Have to hope for a low scoring game tonight.

Colin Kaepernick, Matt Forte, Donald Brown, Steve Smith, Michael Crabtree, Jordy Nelson, Greg Olsen, Robbie Gould, Pittsburgh Steelers

Donald Brown :thumbdown:

Seems like much higher scores this week. I know my opponents have higher scores than my opponents in weeks past. I've had my highest scores by a wide margin and will still need a bit of luck to avoid a 5-10% loss this week.

I was pretty excited about an entry I have in the 150K on draftkings. After the early games, I was sitting around 112 points with only 4 guys having played... Lamar Miller, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith Sr, and DeAndre Hopkins.

This was quickly replaced with complete annoyance over the Antonio Gates and Chargers D that didn't get me crap to add to the Phillip Rivers point total.

So, sitting about 154 after the day games, I was thinking I could make a good move with Brandin Cooks last night. Not so much. What a joke.

Now, I have to rely on Shane Vereen to gain me some dollars. Currently sititng in position to win $30 bucks, but if Vereen has a great game, I think that could push to a decent number.

For a while, I thought I had a shot at top ten in this one, but am now 65 points behind first. Don't think Vereen is getting that for me.

:bs:

Solid week -- two Fanduel lineups performed. Won't win any big GPP $, but cashed in a few and will dominate H2Hs and 50/50s.

Kaep

Leveon, K. Robinson

A. Brown, S. Smith, Tate

Jimmy G

Shane Graham

Chargers

138.56 -- went ultra conservative here w/ 3 chargers, but missed on Royal

Rivers

D. Brown, Forte

A. Brown, Jordy, Floyd

Olsen

Graham

Lions

After 1/4 of the year I should be sitting about 5% under even money -- maybe less depending on who scores tonight. The good thing is, we have some trends developed and can start picking off hot players while others guess and take chances. Guys like Demarco Murray and Antonio Brown are likely worth spending up for as they've gotten tons of chances and made good on them. Shady McCoy, Eddie Lacy...I'll let others spend up for those guys until they prove otherwise.

Lascelle said:
Learned a lesson this week in dailies. I need to focus on one core tourney roster.

There were a lot of players who went off that I liked this week but I diluted them across multiple lineups thinking at least one would hit big.

Turns out I do a better job when I have a key team of focus. Went from consistent 155+ point performances in Weeks 1-3 to no team hitting that mark in Week 4.
Am considering this as well.

Had Steve Smith in 2 out of 3 contests yesterday, of course the one I don't have him in I have Antonio Brown and Jordy.

Jeremy Kerley killed me on draftkings yesterday. Obviously a risk at his price, but get me more than 1 catch for 3 yards buddy!

Lascelle said:

Am considering this as well.

Had Steve Smith in 2 out of 3 contests yesterday, of course the one I don't have him in I have Antonio Brown and Jordy.

Jeremy Kerley killed me on draftkings yesterday. Obviously a risk at his price, but get me more than 1 catch for 3 yards buddy!
I get what you guys are saying to a point, but who's to say you would have put those 3 together in your one core tourney roster?

Anyways, I think I should just stick to playing the even numbered weeks. The only thing I really botched this week was playing a longshot tourney lineup in two contests I should not have...I blame the new Upcoming Contests screen for that one. The old bookmarklet would have shown me at "3 of XX" for two players I only wanted in the Squib tourney, but I missed this on the Beta screen. I won just about everything else I entered, dominated 1pm Only again, and should cash most that are still alive tonight.

I need Kelce to have a decent night. Around 15 pts should net me a small profit. A much bigger night would only sweeten the pot. A poor night wouldn't really change anything, would just mean a small loss.

Main lineup scored 150. The best lineup I had scored 172. I was a couple points away from cashing in big in the GPP's. I've done well every week except the "Shaun Hill Experiment," in week one. Taking a look ahead to next week not much I like so far.

I had a good week too. The Brown / Smith / Bennett trio did well for me. I could have had a really big week if Brees / Graham had done well last night. Bad call by me, but still a good week overall. :thumbup:

Was looking really good until Donald Brown and Greg Olsen did nothing. Wasted a good week from Eli and Steve Smith.

FD about to gain 55% this week. Had 2 lineups hit 150. Shame I only had 9 bucks in play. Looking to cash in every contest on FantasyAces: Sitting at 159 with Edelman to play tonight. That may offset my season loses on FD.

nfl icon $2500 Sun NFL Mini Dive #2 $60k 160.16 (35 of 2873)

Tournament
$1

I still have Ghostkowski .... best finish I've had in a bigger tournament - why didn't i pick a better DEF or DONNEL ?? :)

I had a good week with S. Smith, A. Brown and L. Miller in most line ups. It would have been a great week if 49ers passing attack and G. Olsen and/or A. Gates had done anything. But any profit is good, on to week 5!

Put together two lineups and scored about 125 and just under 155.

I placed in a tourney and won two leagues.

Won back the money I lost last week and then some and back on top and right where I was in week 2.

Still shooting for that 180 + big win lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread