What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/DraftKings Week 4 (1 Viewer)

Kind of torn on a last minute decision. Keep a guy I trust a lot in Edelman since Brady loves to throw to him or Go with Pierre Garcon tonight for 100 more with a higher ceiling but I feel a lower floor. Any thoughts?

John Lee said:
FreeBaGeL said:
What's the best way to find a non-GPP Thursday game with Condia in it to get a sneak peak at his lineup? I've looked through a bunch of 50/50's and can't find him in any.
He wised up to the masses...he no longer enters low-stakes 50/50 games on Thursdays, thereby giving away information for Sunday.

If you look, you'll see his name at the $50 level and above tonight...how bad do you want his lineup?!

Seriously, though, he's good...but not nearly as good as these forums would have you believe.
its nba where he is toughest imho

Kind of torn on a last minute decision. Keep a guy I trust a lot in Edelman since Brady loves to throw to him or Go with Pierre Garcon tonight for 100 more with a higher ceiling but I feel a lower floor. Any thoughts?
had this same dilemma earlier. though i don't normally like to spend all $60k (sup joet) i had $100 leftover and decided to upgrade to Garcon from Edelman. sure brady loves E, but there's evidence that Cousins likes Garcon as well. i don't have last year's stats on hand, but he had some double digit target games with Cousins under center. last week (though only 1 game) Garcon was targeted 16 times to Edelman's 13 times. i don't see Garcon's floor as being all that much lower than Edelman's. biggest concern to me is weather in Wash (rained earlier today).

Last edited by a moderator:
had this same dilemma earlier. though i don't normally like to spend all $60k (sup joet) i had $100 leftover and decided to upgrade to Garcon from Edelman. sure brady loves E, but there's evidence that Cousins likes Garcon as well. i don't have last year's stats on hand, but he had some double digit target games with Cousins under center. last week (though only 1 game) Garcon was targeted 16 times to Edelman's 13 times. i don't see Garcon's floor as being all that much lower than Edelman's. biggest concern to me is weather in Wash (rained earlier today).
My concern other than the weather, was that he had one catch against the Jags even though he had 10+ in the other two games. That is why I think his floor is lower but I will probably be thinking about it down to the last minute.

EDIT: Oh and it concerns me that this is a Thursday game and one team usually always plays terrible football on Thursday.

I am torn on the game tonight. Fade it or load up? Eli vs the Wash secondary could be nice. Can Kirk keep it up? 2 value TEs, several moderately priced WR, two productive RBs. But sloppy weather and the Thursday night hex loom. I might end up just joining a few contests to peek other line ups at this point have no plan.

Kenny Powers said:
Why have a joint FD-DK thread?? When the prices are different, so are the decisions
Yeah, I think that's what contributes to a lot of the debates/miscommunication in the thread.

People referring to value plays on FD that aren't a value at DK or vice versa.

For instance, I noted that I didn't feel Paul or Donnell were value-priced any more although they clearly still are at FanDuel.

I think they're priced where they should be on DK.

Also, am I correct in assuming that FanDuel allows people to screen opposing owner lineups in Thursday games whereas DraftKings does not?

Kenny Powers said:
Why have a joint FD-DK thread?? When the prices are different, so are the decisions
Yeah, I think that's what contributes to a lot of the debates/miscommunication in the thread.

People referring to value plays on FD that aren't a value at DK or vice versa.

For instance, I noted that I didn't feel Paul or Donnell were value-priced any more although they clearly still are at FanDuel.

I think they're priced where they should be on DK.

Also, am I correct in assuming that FanDuel allows people to screen opposing owner lineups in Thursday games whereas DraftKings does not?
On FD you can see someone whole lineup once the Thursday game starts because unlike DK the lineups are locked once the first game starts.

The changes to the interactive value chart are awesome. Extremely useful, worth the subscription cost alone to someone that plays daily.

jandyt said:
While tonight's game could be low scoring, I tend to see the score in the mid 20's with the total possibly approaching 50. Agree with Hulk in that it is a tough call to say where the points come from tonight. Call me crazy but I will be using Eli in some of my contests tonight as the Skins secondary isn't good and the price is right, may pair with Cruz in a GPP. I will also go with Garcon some as although the Gaints corners are good I think he does pretty well tonight. Playing on DK I don't like Morris because he has zero involvement in the passing game making him very TD dependant which scares me off.
Guess zero involvement was incorrect. Morris catches a pass. Make that 2.

And there's the cheap TE play of the week on Fanduel. Donnell for 4900. Only put him in 1 lineup out of about 50.

ETA: Looks like he's ~6% owned.

Yep, clearly this week's "goes off on Thursday night" play would have been to start Larry Donnell and no one else.

Already up to 28 points on Draft Kings and we haven't even hit half-time yet.

Larry F'ing Donnell!

Got him in my huge GPP play. Going w/ Niles in my cash games. I haven't been playing Thurs games due to lack of time to do my homework that quick. I am STUNNED by the number of GPP entries w/ 5-7 players going tonight. Is that normal?

Kenny Powers said:
Colston at $5500 is :moneybag:
As a guy who thought he was money the last 2 weeks, allow me to retort. Ain't no such thing as money on that team right now. Too many options for Brees for any receiver to be money.

Larry F'ing Donnell!

Got him in my huge GPP play. Going w/ Niles in my cash games. I haven't been playing Thurs games due to lack of time to do my homework that quick. I am STUNNED by the number of GPP entries w/ 5-7 players going tonight. Is that normal?
I went with Donnell too. I passed on Graham this week so I could save a few k. Only other player I have tonight in my other lineup is Paul (who as I'm typing this just got smashed out of the game).

It's not unusual for a lot of Thursday contest to have excessive Thursday players...not smart most of the time, but I guess people just want the early action :shrug:

I like Rivers this week at QB and also Kaep. I don't know but I feel my Eagles are going to have a rough time this week. I'm staying away from Eagles offensive players since they are down to only 2 starting offensive lineman. Love Antonio Brown....Forte, Bell. Have to have a lineup with Donald Brown. Like Tate, especially Megatron might not play. Good luck this week everyone.

Larry F'ing Donnell!

Got him and Randle in a $1 mon/Thursday tourney. Already at $20 and looking to crack the 3 digit mark here shortly.

My Eli Manning play looking good! Wish I stuck with Donnell, but went with Cruz, who wasn't bad either. Dude leading my GPP has every single player in this game except his kicker,.

Should have stuck with Edelman. Hurts that Garcon is likely going to finish with a 3.8. Rest of team is going to have to step it up now.

Should have stuck with Edelman. Hurts that Garcon is likely going to finish with a 3.8. Rest of team is going to have to step it up now.
So much for paying that extra $100 to upgrade.

Eli + Donnell GPP owners are going to sleep soundly tonight.

Unlike last week, I'm generally leaning towards fading tonight's game but any thought to rolling out a contrarian value play or two for GPP games? The most likely candidates seem to be Alfred Morris, Rueben Randle and the Redskins D/ST as neither Paul or Donnell are representing attractive TE value any more in what looks to be a low-scoring affair.
Completely disagree on the TEs.There will be points to be had tonight... just not sure who is all. I'm not expecting low scoring though.

Rained all day here, field will be sloppy. Giants D sucks. Skins D sucks against the pass and we lost our only decent corner to injury. The only players tonight I'd really shy away from are the Giants runners. Thats it. Anyone else is fair game in this one imo. Even Eli.
Iplayed Donnell! Wish I'd played Elli too

Oh, Condia is in a $109 50/50 I did. Here is his lineup for those who care. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the guy is losing money left and right this season... everytime I see him, he's out of the money this year.

Kaepernick

Donald Brown, Lamar Miller

Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Malcom Floyd

J Graham

Gould

Washington D (oops!)

My concern other than the weather, was that he had one catch against the Jags even though he had 10+ in the other two games. That is why I think his floor is lower but I will probably be thinking about it down to the last minute.

EDIT: Oh and it concerns me that this is a Thursday game and one team usually always plays terrible football on Thursday.
:sadbanana:

Oh, Condia is in a $109 50/50 I did. Here is his lineup for those who care. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the guy is losing money left and right this season... everytime I see him, he's out of the money this year.

Kaepernick

J Graham

Gould

Washington D (oops!)
I played him H2H 2 weeks straight and he's been riding Floyd to roster J. Graham every week it seems.

My Sun Cash lineup is pretty similar to what he has.

Kap,

Brown, Miller,

Jordy, A. Brown, S. Smith

S. Graham,

SDC Defense

If Locker is out, doesn't Whitehurst become a solid play at QB? I realize he won't post a 30 or anything, but it seems that he'll at least be competent. 12-15 doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation. At $5k on FD that's a solid return. Am I missing something?

Kaepernick

J Graham

Gould

Washington D (oops!)
I played him H2H 2 weeks straight and he's been riding Floyd to roster J. Graham every week it seems.

Kap,

Brown, Miller,

S. Graham,

SDC Defense
Add me to the list that is rolling with L.Miller & Brown at RB. I'm all in on Rivers & Kelce this week as well.

On DK especially with Decker at best limited and possibly out, Kerley(3500) looks like a value play at WR.

Kaepernick

J Graham

Gould

Washington D (oops!)

Kap,

Brown, Miller,

S. Graham,

SDC Defense
Yeah, I've noticed he's used Floyd a lot also.

I'm actually using Floyd myself this week, for the first time all year. Love his matchup. Good cheap upside play this week.

Kaepernick

J Graham

Gould

Washington D (oops!)

Kap,

Brown, Miller,

S. Graham,

SDC Defense
Floyd is cheap and has a track record of scoring TDs...his price allows you to roll with Graham who's always pricey. You figure on the weeks Graham scores you're in decent shape (probably 8 weeks?) and the weeks Floyd scores you're in great shape (maybe 4 weeks?) -- the two weeks they both score you should clean house.

I like the combo. When I'm looking at one cheap WR I tend to lean on guys like Floyd, who have a track record of scoring TDs. Then I like guys who catch volume, like A. Brown, Edleman, Jordy, Julio. Still think people discount PPR a little too much in DFS. Hawkins has been a great play this year, averaging more than 1 pt / $500.

Based on what the Steelers did last week in a blowout win, I loaded up on Blount this week for a measley $4600. He already was getting touches on every third series...and if they blow out the Bucs at home like I expect, he'll likely get all the 2nd half carries in this one.

Also grabbed D. Williams as the sole RB for the Panthers this week.

Left me enough leftover funds to buy Brees/Bryant/S. Smith/Benjamin/Graham.

I started this week by not fading Thursday and just going with WAS D.... -1 start, got some ground to make up

The changes to the interactive value chart are awesome. Extremely useful, worth the subscription cost alone to someone that plays daily.
:hifive: Loving what Maurile's putting together here. If you like this kind of thing, hang on as this is where we're going.

J

Pretty new to this.. A couple weeks back checked the site and found I had some funds left over from last year, guessing from a free roll as I've never deposited money there.

Call it beginners luck.. I put in a line-up for one of the $5 tournaments before reading any of these threads and wouldn't you know I got lucky enough to win $80 :excited:

Since then, the luck of the Irish has only been with me once, in the FBG Championship where I won $20 last week to get my funds back around $50 and won a ticket to week 11

Trying to play this a little smarter, instead of using Irish luck, and my first lineup choice seems like too many Steelers and Chargers..... so made some changes with my 2nd entry.. But now deciding on WR's..

Currently have both set with these WR's.

WR Steve Smith
WR Mike Wallace
WR Antonio Brown

But have been looking at some other lineups with "cheap-o" Smith:

WR Jordy Nelson
WR Andre Johnson
WR Steve Smith

or

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Marques Colston
WR Steve Smith

Thoughts?

MT, the IVC for Fanduel is allowing for more than 4 players from a single team and you can't do that on Fanduel. For example, if I'm selecting Suisham, Pitt and Bell...then a couple other players...the program has filled in with Ben and Wheaton under certain circumstances.

snogger said:
Pretty new to this.. A couple weeks back checked the site and found I had some funds left over from last year, guessing from a free roll as I've never deposited money there.

Call it beginners luck.. I put in a line-up for one of the $5 tournaments before reading any of these threads and wouldn't you know I got lucky enough to win $80 :excited:

Since then, the luck of the Irish has only been with me once, in the FBG Championship where I won $20 last week to get my funds back around $50 and won a ticket to week 11

Trying to play this a little smarter, instead of using Irish luck, and my first lineup choice seems like too many Steelers and Chargers..... so made some changes with my 2nd entry.. But now deciding on WR's..

Currently have both set with these WR's.

WR Steve Smith

WR Mike Wallace

WR Antonio Brown

But have been looking at some other lineups with "cheap-o" Smith:

WR Jordy Nelson

WR Andre Johnson

WR Steve Smith

or

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Marques Colston

WR Steve Smith

Thoughts?
Megatron has missed 2 practices this week. Might be risky to invest that much $ into him this time around.

I am going to throw this lineup out there as a WTH GPP entry:

QB Bridgewater

RB Spiller

RB McCoy

WR A Brown

WR S Smith

WR Jennings

TE Graham

PK Graham

D Pitt

Smith, Graham and Brown are fairly highly owned % wise, but everyone else is a little lower so WTH.

Based on what the Steelers did last week in a blowout win, I loaded up on Blount this week for a measley $4600. He already was getting touches on every third series...and if they blow out the Bucs at home like I expect, he'll likely get all the 2nd half carries in this one.

Also grabbed D. Williams as the sole RB for the Panthers this week.

Left me enough leftover funds to buy Brees/Bryant/S. Smith/Benjamin/Graham.
Interesting thought with Blount for GPP.

I'm considering a Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown pairing. Anyone see a problem with that?
Generally speaking, I do not use opposite ends of an offense (passing/running) on a lineup because they're working against one another; if the RB succeeds, the WR fails (and vice-versa).

Against the Bucs, the Steelers are projected to score 25 points, so it is possible that those touchdowns will be given to Bell & ABrown; my concern would be that they get inside the 5-yard line and Blount vultures Bell's TD attempts. Basically, you need those guys to get 2 touchdowns (collectively) to be assured to reach value.

At $17.2K of combined salary, you'll need 35 fantasy points from them for cash games--think you'll see that? Possibly. Dodds has them projected to score ~ 34 points, so it's not unreasonable...but I'd probably go another route because of my first sentence.
I agree with John.

This is considered anti-stacking and usually a bad idea, especially in tournaments

Talk me out of using Det D in fanduel. Seems to be a good matchup that can be exploited, Jets passing offense is ailing and Det is strong against the run. I'm splitting my teams between SD and Det just to diversify a bit.

Detroit always has problems on the road. Even the few years they have been good. They always give up a ton of points on the road

Users who are viewing this thread