What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel pay line differences (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
I am a small dollar 50/50 player. Historically, I would play a lot of $2 entries each week until I reach the dollar amount I wanted to invest. Last year and this year I have been typically playing $5 games as the norm (hurray for growing bankrolls!). I never recall seeing much of a difference in pay lines. Last week I noticed something strange. On Tuesday evening, I entered 7 $5 games. Later in the week I was feeling good about my line up and decided to try my luck at some $10 entries as well. On Friday I entered 5 $10 games. The pay lines for the $5 games were much higher than the pay lines for the $10 games.

$5 Tuesday entry games: 128.92, 135.32, 139.96, 135.82, 135.82, 137.92, and 136.32 for an average of 135.73
$10 Friday entry games: 125.06, 125.02, 114.62, 121.86, and 125.02 for an average of 122.32

So the question is...are these differences attributable to the price points of the games or are these differences a product of the quality of players entering contests early in the week compared to later in the week? I have typically played only one price point and I would enter some early in the week and some later, but I never knew which was which come game day as I never tracked the entry ID numbers. This time it was noticeable as I played the different dollar amounts on different days, and the pay line differences stood out.

So this week I am trying it again but keeping track of entries. I have both $5 and $10 entries from Tuesday and I will enter both $5 and $10 entries tomorrow (Friday) and see what happens. Not sure if anything fruitful will come of this but those numbers from last week are very different...I want to be in more of those $10 Friday games! Has anyone tracked data on this sort of thing?

Keep us updated. I am interested in what you find out. Last week I played 6 50/50 and 6 double ups all for $5. All on FanDuel. The average pay line for the 50/50 and double ups was 140. The $5 huge GPP had a 123 pay line for $9. Personally, I am done with 50/50 and double up options.

Unfortunately, I will not have a very good experiment this week. I am not feeling real comfortable/confident with this main slate, so I was going to scale back my play. I only entered one $5 and one $10 contest on Tuesday and Friday...$30 invested. My sample size will be too small for any meaningful conclusion this week.

I think it’s the latter. I’ve heard a few “pros” say it’s best to put in your 50/50s and H2Hs on Sunday morning if you can. It makes sense. The guy starting his lineup early in the week is going to be pouring over all the news during the week and fine tuning their lineup (most of them at least). Some rec players on Sunday morning will throw their lineups in willy nilly and have no clue. Some podcasters joke about these players making their lineups from their phones while sitting on the toilet (ie little research).

And regarding the difference between $5 and $10 paylines, I wouldn’t think there would be much difference. Probably depends a lot on what chalk hits and hard to determine on a smaller sample size.

I think it’s the latter. I’ve heard a few “pros” say it’s best to put in your 50/50s and H2Hs on Sunday morning if you can. It makes sense. The guy starting his lineup early in the week is going to be pouring over all the news during the week and fine tuning their lineup (most of them at least). Some rec players on Sunday morning will throw their lineups in willy nilly and have no clue. Some podcasters joke about these players making their lineups from their phones while sitting on the toilet (ie little research).

And regarding the difference between $5 and $10 paylines, I wouldn’t think there would be much difference. Probably depends a lot on what chalk hits and hard to determine on a smaller sample size.
This makes sense and is my leaning as well.

As stated earlier, my play this week was not going to provide much solid info due to small sample size. My lineup finished in the 140's, so in hindsight, I wish I had played more :lol:. I played one $5 and one $10 - 100 man 50/50 on each of Tuesday early evening, Friday late afternoon, and Sunday morning.

$5 Tuesday - 138.16
$10 Tuesday - 137.76
Tuesday Average - 137.96

$5 Friday - 134.86
$10 Friday - 135.16
Friday Average - 135.01

$5 Sunday - 133.66
$10 Sunday - 135.46
Sunday Average - 134.56

$5 Average - 135.56
$10 Average - 136.13

The Tuesday contest pay lines were a couple points higher, but not nearly as drastic as last week (data in OP). This lends a little support to the idea of lower pay lines later in the week, but obviously take caution if trying to infer much from this data set.

Users who are viewing this thread