What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

Yes D. Murray.  Just using raider's because they are at home on Mon night and Houston off sucks. Also been having success in this tourney by fading Thu and stacking Mon but really like Cam this week.

Over the last month yes, he shadows a teams #1 and yes, that is bad for that WRs production, the only player to have success was AJeff and that was only for the first half

Week 6-Chic AJeff 7-93-0

Week 7-Cooper 4-29-0

Week 8-Tenn- KWright 0-0-0

Week 9-Maclin 0-0-0

Week 10-Hopkins 5-48-0
Should note that Maclin only played like 2 snaps that game, before leaving due to groin injury. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cash Core this week.........

QB- Cam, Cousins, Luck

RB-Bell, DJ, Ajayi, Murray, Ware, Kelley

WR- M. Thomas, AB, Edel, AJ, Monc, Kelvin, Cobb

TE- Reed, Bennett, Walker or Olsen

Who knows. Have Cam/Kelvin stack going tonight with Walker at TE. 

So here's what I settled on

Thur-Mon cash

Each Cash LU will be entered into

20 $2 Big DBL ups (top 5000 win), 15 $2 100 player 50/50s and 15 $1 100 player 50/50s

Cam/Bell/Prosise/AJG/MThom/Edleman/Olsen/Gano/NYG

Cam/Bell/Prosise/AB/MThom/Cooper/Benn/Prat/Det- This LU is also in a $25 100 player League(top 12 cash)

GPPs

$5

Cam/Hightower/Blount/Cooks/KBen/Fitz/Olsen/Gano/NYG

Brees/Stewart/McCoy/Cooks/MThom/Fitz/Olsen/Lutz/NYG

$3

Taylor/Bell/DJ/AJG/MThom/Edleman/CJF/Prater/Det

Cam/Bell/Prosise/AJG/Jordy/Edleman/Fleener/Gano/NYG

Lets start this week off right

Best of luck gents!!

Well I am not off to a good start with my Thur/Mon Cash LU. I have hit on these enough times it's hard for me to fad these games. Especially when it's calling for one of the highest scoring games of the week. 

Neither team is really ready to play like a normal week. I think if there is a good RB matchup it can help you out to play him. RB's seem to do better without the extra game planning a full week can give a Coach. 

Oh well........moving on!

I won my first ticket to the Millionaire maker contest this week and have been mulling over ideas and researching things. This is really hard for me, since I try to build good cash LU most of the time and rarely really study GPP LU's. Any thought/tips would be appreciated. 

Anyone else like Tyrod Taylor in cash games this week? He's relatively cheap and Eli and Cousins both had 20+ points against the Bengals defense. 

Well I am not off to a good start with my Thur/Mon Cash LU. I have hit on these enough times it's hard for me to fad these games. Especially when it's calling for one of the highest scoring games of the week. 

Neither team is really ready to play like a normal week. I think if there is a good RB matchup it can help you out to play him. RB's seem to do better without the extra game planning a full week can give a Coach. 

I won my first ticket to the Millionaire maker contest this week and have been mulling over ideas and researching things. This is really hard for me, since I try to build good cash LU most of the time and rarely really study GPP LU's. Any thought/tips would be appreciated. 
If you are looking to do more than just cash then yea can't treat it like a cash LU.

Stacking is a must weather it be QB-WR, QB-TE or RB-Def but my biggest cashes in large GPPs have come from super stacking, either a QB/RB/WR, QB/WR/WR, QB/WR/TE or a RB/WR/DEF, RB/WR/K.  Also look for Defs that are ranked high in Punt/Kick return TDs and TOs or a Def playing a team with a high negative TO rate.

For me DET stands out this week as does the NYG

Some super stacks I like this week

Ben/Bell/AB

Rogers/Jordy/Adams

Brady/Edleman/Benn

Brady/Blount/Edleman

Mariota/Murray/Walker

Taylor/McCoy/Clay

Bortles/Arob/JT

Wilson/Baldwin/Grham

Also at WR3, look for guys with high yards per catch stats

One last strategy that can provide big results is loading up on a single game, one where the script appears to be one team getting up big early and the other playing from behind early, usually these will have a large point spread and a large Over/Under

This week Pitt/Clev, fits that bill but Big Ben has struggled on the road so it has some risks

Same for NE/SF, I can see getting the Blount/Edleman/Gostk side of NE and the Kap/Kerley or Kap/TSmith side of SF in this one

And then there is GB/Wash, for me this is the one I will attack from this standpoint getting Rogers/Jordy/Adams and/or Rogers/Jordy/Cobb on the GB side and Kelley/Reed/Crowder on the other

Good luck

Congrats, and have fun with then entry!

What I would do is look back at the last couple weeks on the DFS page and the article about the winning lineups from the Sunday Million in the Fanduel column.  I like reading that because it constantly reminds me that you really don't have to be that weird to hit the gpps, and it really keeps me grounded.  Here is the winner from last week:

Wilson

Zeke/R.Mathews

Brown/Baldwin/Cooks

Gates

Crosby

L.A.

The # 2 had that same Wilson/Baldwin stack, but had guys like Blount, Walker, Adams, D.Thomas.  The only "odd" one is that the winner nailed that R.Mathews call.

IMO usually what I see and what I tell myself every week: 

1.  Have stacks and game stacks and like I read somewhere about gpps have your entry "tell a story".

2.  Don't be afraid to be contrarian, but do it with studs and stop trying to be too weird.  So going with Zeke and not DJ, going with Wilson/Baldwin instead of Brady/Gronk, etc.. very rarely do I see these top 10 LUs and see stacks like  Kaepernick/Kerley.  These guys just aren't as good at football.

I usually try to do a list starting with the RBs each week to pivot from my cash guys now as a start because I still usually use stud QBs in the stacks.  So this week DJ or Zeke instead of Bell and Murray, McCoy instead of Blount, Kelley instead of Prosise, etc... 

I also think this week the contrarian play is to pay up at TE and get away from Bennett in gpp.  Still using studs, but going against the grain a little. 

If you are looking to do more than just cash then yea can't treat it like a cash LU.

Stacking is a must weather it be QB-WR, QB-TE or RB-Def but my biggest cashes in large GPPs have come from super stacking, either a QB/RB/WR, QB/WR/WR, QB/WR/TE or a RB/WR/DEF, RB/WR/K.  Also look for Defs that are ranked high in Punt/Kick return TDs and TOs or a Def playing a team with a high negative TO rate.

For me DET stands out this week as does the NYG

Some super stacks I like this week

Ben/Bell/AB

Rogers/Jordy/Adams

Brady/Edleman/Benn

Brady/Blount/Edleman

Mariota/Murray/Walker

Taylor/McCoy/Clay

Bortles/Arob/JT

Wilson/Baldwin/Grham

Also at WR3, look for guys with high yards per catch stats

One last strategy that can provide big results is loading up on a single game, one where the script appears to be one team getting up big early and the other playing from behind early, usually these will have a large point spread and a large Over/Under

This week Pitt/Clev, fits that bill but Big Ben has struggled on the road so it has some risks

Same for NE/SF, I can see getting the Blount/Edleman/Gostk side of NE and the Kap/Kerley or Kap/TSmith side of SF in this one

And then there is GB/Wash, for me this is the one I will attack from this standpoint getting Rogers/Jordy/Adams and/or Rogers/Jordy/Cobb on the GB side and Kelley/Reed/Crowder on the other

Good luck
Great advice to look at the super stacks too.  IF I do that, I only look for a team that is going against a team that struggles to defend those positions and the team has to have a pretty high implied total, so the only 3 that I had written down this week were Pitts, NE, and Tenn.   So - Ben/Bell/Brown, Mariota/DMurr/Walker, Brady/Blount/Bennett or Brady/Edelman/Bennett.  For my tastes a Jax or Buff superstack is getting a little out there. 

IMO what is better is game stacking and targeting games that you think will go back and forth.  If you Rodgers/Nelson will have to be slinging it, chances are Wash is ahead or keeping up, so what about Rodgers/Nelson/Reed  or Mariota/Walker/Hilton?

Also fun to throw the two ideas together - NE superstack + Wash/GB shootout:  so a core of Brady/Blount/Nelson/Edelman/Reed.  Still gives you plenty of room to mix it up with an "odd" guy you might like such as Ware or Ajayi or R.Woods, but you still have in theory a massive floor from the rest. 

See, this is why doing gpp LUs is SOOOOO much more fun!

yeah Cam really put up a clunker- at least Ginn got me a little something. The rest of my lineup is going to have to really step up. Luckily I completely faded this game in my thu-mon 50/50
Got a whopping 27 points total from Cam, Olsen, and M.Thomas!  Safe to say my lineup isn't going to be smashing this gpp over the weekend.

Highest total I remember seeing on the IVC:

MT    DD      SB    AVG

142.7 141.7 135.0 139.9

POSNAME$

QBAndrew Luck8100

RBLeVeon Bell9100

RBDavid Johnson8300

WRAntonio Brown8900

WRJulian Edelman6100

WREddie Royal5200

TEMartellus Bennett5200

KMatt Prater4600

DDallas Cowboys4500

Total:60000

Remaining:0

Highest total I remember seeing on the IVC:

MT    DD      SB    AVG

142.7 141.7 135.0 139.9

POSNAME$

QBAndrew Luck8100

RBLeVeon Bell9100

RBDavid Johnson8300

WRAntonio Brown8900

WRJulian Edelman6100

WREddie Royal5200

TEMartellus Bennett5200

KMatt Prater4600

DDallas Cowboys4500

Total:60000

Remaining:0
I popped a 143.7 average with:

Luck

Bell/Prosise

Brown/Green/Edelman

Bennett

Gostkowski

Dallas. 

I popped a 143.7 average with:

Luck

Bell/Prosise

Brown/Green/Edelman

Bennett

Gostkowski

Dallas. 
There are several higher using MT's projections

Try using a core of

Taylor/Prater/NYG-145.6-13839

ARod/Prater/NYG-145.2-136

Ben/Prater/NYG-145.6-135.5

Luck/Prater/NYG-146.9-138.8

Mariota/Prater/NYG 145.1-137.3

Would you use either lineup for cash?
I run multiple cash LUs, so I am using the one that I posted as one of them (I just used the extra 100 to go from Gostkowski to Adam V)

If I was just going with one LU, I am not sure I would use that, but honestly, the only thing that I didn't love was Edelman and Bennett, so I am sure there is somebody in Edelman's range you could use instead. 

I am going back to what I was doing a couple weeks ago, and more of the Dodds approach with using a core of guys and doing 3-4 LUs with stacks.  I liked the idea of Luck as a QB, but still leary of TY, so this gives a little NE stack for a little juice if it hits. 

There are several higher using MT's projections

Try using a core of

Taylor/Prater/NYG-145.6-13839

ARod/Prater/NYG-145.2-136

Ben/Prater/NYG-145.6-135.5

Luck/Prater/NYG-146.9-138.8

Mariota/Prater/NYG 145.1-137.3
:thumbup:

I gravitated and stuck on the one I posted because all 3 were above 140, and I that usually doesn't happen when I am entering these in.  Tend to click on the Dodds column and usually one of the two others seems to be 5pts+ different than the other two. 

I run multiple cash LUs, so I am using the one that I posted as one of them (I just used the extra 100 to go from Gostkowski to Adam V)

If I was just going with one LU, I am not sure I would use that, but honestly, the only thing that I didn't love was Edelman and Bennett, so I am sure there is somebody in Edelman's range you could use instead. 

I am going back to what I was doing a couple weeks ago, and more of the Dodds approach with using a core of guys and doing 3-4 LUs with stacks.  I liked the idea of Luck as a QB, but still leary of TY, so this gives a little NE stack for a little juice if it hits. 
If you like Luck and need a stack other than TY and want to get away from Bennett how about Allen? I think he could have a big day this week.

If you like Luck and need a stack other than TY and want to get away from Bennett how about Allen? I think he could have a big day this week.
Not opposed to it, but was just trying to stick with a core this week.  Ended up being Bell/Bennett/Dallas/Green for the most part and then build around it for a couple lineups.  I think I will be playing with TEs more for my gpp entries, and will be giving Allen a hard look. 

One thing to keep in mind for gpps this week, is that looking at what Vegas is telling us, all we have this week for a possible high scoring shootout is Tenn/Indy and GB/Wash.  There are a lot of low o/u, and some of the higher o/us have big favorites - Pitts/Clev, NE/SF, Jax/Det.  Usually there is a few games that are close with a decent total I look at for gpp because it's not one I hear talked about, but this week IMO there is only one: Buff/Cinc.  Everything else vegas is telling us is a little onesided or close but a #### o/u (Az/Minn).

One thing to keep in mind for gpps this week, is that looking at what Vegas is telling us, all we have this week for a possible high scoring shootout is Tenn/Indy and GB/Wash.  There are a lot of low o/u, and some of the higher o/us have big favorites - Pitts/Clev, NE/SF, Jax/Det.  Usually there is a few games that are close with a decent total I look at for gpp because it's not one I hear talked about, but this week IMO there is only one: Buff/Cinc.  Everything else vegas is telling us is a little onesided or close but a #### o/u (Az/Minn).
Not sure I consider a home team favored by 7 points a big favorite, to that end you still have Dall/Balt, Jax/Det, TB/KC,Phily/Seat and Houst/Oak to look at.

Has DSF skewed our view so much that a projected total of 44 is now considered low?????

Dodds with a good post about winds at the CLE/PIT game before Thu night lock.  Wasn't playing AB anyway anywhere, but assured me not to slot him in any GPPs.  Gusts to 50MPH? Should be fun to watch.

Sloppy conditions possible in SF has me looking off Edelman for the time being since he relies on his quickness.

I'm really curious what % of people played the Black Unicorn at Thu night lock.  Twitter makes it seem like Gronk still had a chance to play up to reports this AM.  I had him in possibly 75% of lineups with Walker (in a dream spot) coming up in the rest.

Not sure I consider a home team favored by 7 points a big favorite, to that end you still have Dall/Balt, Jax/Det, TB/KC,Phily/Seat and Houst/Oak to look at.

Has DSF skewed our view so much that a projected total of 44 is now considered low?????
Sure there is fantasy points to be had anywhere.  Should have been more specific that my comment had more to do with stacks and game stacks. 

You gotta admit that there is a difference between a 44pt pickem game and a 44 point game where the home team is favored by a TD or more.  Another thing I look for is if there is a game with a lower total, but both Ds are allowing a lot of points to the QB, but that isn't the case this week either. 

Again, we all do different amount of LU and play this differently, and that's the fun.  IMO if you are playing only a couple gpp LUs you aren't helping yourself by looking at a team with a low total and trying to get cute trying to figure out where the points are going to come from. 

Dodds with a good post about winds at the CLE/PIT game before Thu night lock.  Wasn't playing AB anyway anywhere, but assured me not to slot him in any GPPs.  Gusts to 50MPH? Should be fun to watch.

Sloppy conditions possible in SF has me looking off Edelman for the time being since he relies on his quickness.

I'm really curious what % of people played the Black Unicorn at Thu night lock.  Twitter makes it seem like Gronk still had a chance to play up to reports this AM.  I had him in possibly 75% of lineups with Walker (in a dream spot) coming up in the rest.
I just saw cloudy in the forecast for that game - did something change? 

Sure there is fantasy points to be had anywhere.  Should have been more specific that my comment had more to do with stacks and game stacks. 

You gotta admit that there is a difference between a 44pt pickem game and a 44 point game where the home team is favored by a TD or more.  Another thing I look for is if there is a game with a lower total, but both Ds are allowing a lot of points to the QB, but that isn't the case this week either. 

Again, we all do different amount of LU and play this differently, and that's the fun.  IMO if you are playing only a couple gpp LUs you aren't helping yourself by looking at a team with a low total and trying to get cute trying to figure out where the points are going to come from. 
Who said anything about playing only a couple of GPP LUs, I was simply pointing out that limiting your player pool to a select few games, stacks or not, is unwise and no I don't believe that there is much of a difference between FF production in a game with a low spread and one with a TD spread, as long as its less than 1 score it's all equal and when its the home team favored its less impactful as they are getting the standard 3 point home bump.

Who said anything about playing only a couple of GPP LUs, I was simply pointing out that limiting your player pool to a select few games, stacks or not, is unwise and no I don't believe that there is much of a difference between FF production in a game with a low spread and one with a TD spread, as long as its less than 1 score it's all equal and when its the home team favored its less impactful as they are getting the standard 3 point home bump.
Fair point, I just keep coming back to my initial post to answer pod's question that so rarely do I see something really odd take down gpps.  So I think it's a lot more unlikely to find a winning stack or Qb from that Az/Minn match or the MIami/LA turd fest than it is from a game than other games that we expect there to be more output all around.  Again, I think in my mind I thought we were still discussing stacks and such.  I love looking at the other matchups for a gpp RB or D, but I usually don't go with too many stacks from those.  No way I am going to go with Bradford/Diggs or Palmer/Fitz, but DJ is a great gpp play this week from that same low scoring game. 

The point I was trying to make is I don't agree with this at all, not saying use stacks from games that are obviously low output games like AZ/Minn or LA/Mia but omitting other games that are 44 plus is unwise

This same discussion was pretty much the topic in the DFS roundtable article from this week. Had some good insight on how different players build their gpp and cash lineups. When talking about how contrarian to go someone said if your team averages 25% ownership that is enough.

i save my crazy lineups for freerolls-here is this weeks NFL road to 51 lineup

Cousins

Crowell Prosise

ODB Evans Dez

Reed

Hauschka

Ariz

He didn't practice again today and it sounds bleak according to NFL Live that I have on in the background.  Good luck though.

He didn't practice again today and it sounds bleak according to NFL Live that I have on in the background.  Good luck though.
Yea, that's the thing.  I'm wondering how many people still thought he'd play and therefore not put in Bennett on their thurs night lock contests.  

Yea, that's the thing.  I'm wondering how many people still thought he'd play and therefore not put in Bennett on their thurs night lock contests.  
Oh I thought u meant u played Gronk in 75%. Well now Gronk is out for sure, your Bennett LUs are solid at TE. I didn't play Thurs besides a few GPP.

The point I was trying to make is I don't agree with this at all, not saying use stacks from games that are obviously low output games like AZ/Minn or LA/Mia but omitting other games that are 44 plus is unwise
Didn't say omit them, I just was saying that I usually see more games that interest me.  Feel like the past few weeks have have had 3 or so that I gravitate to outside of the obvious ones everybody are on, and this week was one.   

Karma and Megla, 

Great insight into GPP building, thank you all so much. I'm starting to think maybe looking at GPP's a little more closely will help me in my cash LU building. I rarely every look over the winning teams of GPP's. I have noticed that you don't need to get too crazy. I love this board for exactly this kind of stuff. We don't always agree on everything, but it always good to look at other peoples opinions you respect. Sometimes I get in a rut in my beliefs on how to do things, the post on here always make me look harder at what I am doing and change things if needed. 

Once again, thanks Fellas. ( I assume you are both Guys!)

Been a busy week at work for me, so I haven't gotten to spend much time on the forums. Sorry

KarmaPolice said:
Good info, thanks.  Might steer me from Gostkowski in cash too. 
To expound on this a little further, looking at other games, CHI at NYG & GB at WASH could also be negatively impacted in this manner, although the Cleveland wind forecast is still worse. Definitely need to follow this through tomorrow morning.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Rawls/Prosise situation?    Will Prosise get enough touches to reach cash value. FBG email says Rawls will not be eased back in and will give him alot of work. 

To expound on this a little further, looking at other games, CHI at NYG & GB at WASH could also be negatively impacted in this manner, although the Cleveland wind forecast is still worse. Definitely need to follow this through tomorrow morning.
All this weather passing to the north of that Cinci game?

Any suggestions for best sites that focus on how weather will affect football games?
Just what the forecast for the games are, or what to specifically look for?

I used THIS this morning, and it shows what reel_smooth was saying - a little windy in the NYG and Wash games as well, with NYG specifically saying gusty.  Also light rain in Seattle and SF, but wind doesn't seem to be an issue in those games. 

Just what the forecast for the games are, or what to specifically look for?

I used THIS this morning, and it shows what reel_smooth was saying - a little windy in the NYG and Wash games as well, with NYG specifically saying gusty.  Also light rain in Seattle and SF, but wind doesn't seem to be an issue in those games. 
 I found this one.  Similar idea.  Thx

Spent too much time staring at this stuff this weekend.  Ended up paying up a lot for Rbs in both formats on FD this week.  Especially after looking at the % from Fantasy Aces this week, I thought it was good to go back to the well on Zeke and DJ a bit in gpp this week.  Also got away from Bennett and paid up at TE a bit in gpp this week. 

Here are a couple of my too many $1 gpp entries:

Dak - McCoy/Bell - Dez/ARob/S.Smith - Eifert - Gost - Minn

Luck - DJ/Zeke - Hilton/Wright/Diggs - Walker - Prater - Dallas

This same discussion was pretty much the topic in the DFS roundtable article from this week. Had some good insight on how different players build their gpp and cash lineups. When talking about how contrarian to go someone said if your team averages 25% ownership that is enough.

i save my crazy lineups for freerolls-here is this weeks NFL road to 51 lineup

Cousins

Crowell Prosise

ODB Evans Dez

Reed

Hauschka

Ariz
I like it, and not that crazy.  A Goff power stack? Now THAT would be crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread