What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (3 Viewers)

Now why is it you guys come in after the fact to tell us how you won, but aren't in here during the week discussing players and lineups?   :P
Hey man I posted my lineup monday, and the single game lineup for the phi/min game. If someone would have indeed talked me out of playing two te I would have done better.

Sitting at 114 going into Monday night with Smith, crowder, and kamara. 1st is currently 185. I should get into the money here but really hoping Smith/crowder have a decent showing and gets me up into a decent payout. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting at 114 going into Monday night with Smith, crowder, and kamara. 1st is currently 185. I should get into the money here but really hoping Smith/crowder have a decent showing and gets me up into a decent payout. 
Done at 161.30

Here was the FBG optimizer lineup.

QB Blake  Bortles

JAC 14 

KC 30

FINAL

$7,000

SALARY

7.4%

OWNED

RB Melvin  Gordon III

OAK 10 

LAC 26

FINAL

$8,700

SALARY

24.7%

OWNED

RB Todd  Gurley II

LAR 33 

SEA 31

FINAL

$9,100

SALARY

24.7%

OWNED

WR Kenny  Golladay

GB 23 

DET 31

FINAL

$6,300

SALARY

7.2%

OWNED

Q

WR Cooper  Kupp

LAR 33 

SEA 31

FINAL

$6,700

SALARY

22.8%

OWNED

WR Keelan  Cole

JAC 14 

KC 30

FINAL

$5,700

SALARY

3.6%

OWNED

TE Vance  McDonald

ATL 17 

PIT 41

FINAL

$4,600

SALARY

20.7%

OWNED

FLEX James  Conner

ATL 17 

PIT 41

FINAL

$7,800

SALARY

8.5%

OWNED

DEF Tennessee  Titans

TEN 12 

BUF 13

FINAL

$3,900

SALARY

29%

OWNED

I for sure missed something with Galladay and Conner.  When I looked I didn't love the trending production/usage for either, so I looked elsewhere.   Also talked myself off of Bortles. 

Yet another week where I lose on FD, but do well on DK despite being on the same plays (down 10 on FD, up $50 on DK) - so I guess it's over to that thread for me.  Only about $4 left on FD.  

Also interesting after I looked at that more to see that there wasn't massive correlation or a huge game stack - just a cash-like LU and good plays.  
I've been obsessing over ownership in my more expensive tournament tickets. But the two times I've won large sums ($600 and $3,500) I've just thrown together the best rosters I could afford. I get the strategy of wanting to roster low owned players for tournaments. But it hasn't made me money yet. 

I for sure missed something with Galladay and Conner.  When I looked I didn't love the trending production/usage for either, so I looked elsewhere.   Also talked myself off of Bortles. 

Yet another week where I lose on FD, but do well on DK despite being on the same plays (down 10 on FD, up $50 on DK) - so I guess it's over to that thread for me.  Only about $4 left on FD.  
Golladay is going to have a massive game soon. He had a 47 td td called back, another 40+ yd catch that just missed. Couple red zone targets that didn’t pan out if I remember correct, one for sure but I think thee were 2. Hes staffords favorite target and looks like the real deal. Bye week this week, but when they’re back I’ll be firing up Kenny g again in most of my contests. 

week 1 - minor win
week 2 - break even
week 3 - break even
week 4 - minor loss
week 5 - total loss (I'm talking an 0-fer)

I'm regressing pretty badly...

week 1 - minor win
week 2 - break even
week 3 - break even
week 4 - minor loss

How do you budget your bankroll? Do you play cash games and a few tournaments? We all have a bad week sometimes. I’ve learned that it really pays to enter some 50/50 and double ups and if I want to play a bunch of tourney lineups to just do it on .25 or $1 games. If I have a bad week I try to grind my way back rather than just pony up another $25, and I play low stakes games with an occasional $10ish play or a Sunday million. Good luck if you decide to re-up. This year I’ve had better luck in smaller games, single entry tourneys, and doing single game lineups, which are discussed in this thread and last weeks thread, maybe week 3 too. 

How do you budget your bankroll? Do you play cash games and a few tournaments? We all have a bad week sometimes. I’ve learned that it really pays to enter some 50/50 and double ups and if I want to play a bunch of tourney lineups to just do it on .25 or $1 games. If I have a bad week I try to grind my way back rather than just pony up another $25, and I play low stakes games with an occasional $10ish play or a Sunday million. Good luck if you decide to re-up. This year I’ve had better luck in smaller games, single entry tourneys, and doing single game lineups, which are discussed in this thread and last weeks thread, maybe week 3 too. 
I do the typical 10/20/80 - 10% of my bankroll each week, 20% in tourneys, and 80% in cash (50/50 & 2x). I always seem to be just right outside the cash line. last week the cash scores were so high, I only missed by a couple points. my biggest regret this week was pivoting away from Pittsburgh due to the chalk.

I guess it all comes down to choices when building the lineups, and my choices haven't been working out.  :kicksrock:

week 1 - minor win
week 2 - break even
week 3 - break even
week 4 - minor loss

Mine has been

Week 1- big win (180)

Week 2- slight win (50)

Week 3- loss (10)

Week 4- loss (20)

Week 5- loss (10)

I was close to being done this week as I didnt think I would cash and at the last moment cashed for $20 of my $30 entries.  I now have two entries live this week!

I'm thinking Brees at mvp. Smith, Thompson and Reed. Only leaves me enough for meredith. I left out Kamara. I will have to get him in another lineup 

Mine has been

Week 1- big win (180)

Week 2- slight win (50)

Week 3- loss (10)

Week 4- loss (20)

Week 5- loss (10)

I was close to being done this week as I didnt think I would cash and at the last moment cashed for $20 of my $30 entries.  I now have two entries live this week!
Week 1- big win (+304)

Week 2- slight win (-30 plus seven tickets)

Week 3- win (+136 plus nine tickets)

Week 4- win (-204 plus 46 tickets)

Week 5- big win (Thu -330 plus 95 tickets, Sunday +1250)

Good news: Took 1st place in a $50,000 tourney and 1st place in a $30,000 tourney.

Bad news: A gazillion other people had the same lineup so they cashed for $111 and $44.

Well tonight was a gift and perfect storm for the two QB strategy.  Trees was only 69% owned and Smith 55% owned.  Kamara was priced on Ingram being absent and last week's weeks performance.  Best yet, with those two splitting touches, Brees wasn't going to be threatened for MVP.  Top that off with Smith being under priced and there were several good double QB lineups.

I entered 8 lineups in the $1 $50k dive.  7 of those cashed, including two Smith lineups.  The winning lineup of Brees, Smith, Thomas, Ingram, and Smith was share by 89 people.  In the .25 hail Mary 194 people had that lineup.  If you had Chris Thompson instead of Thomas, 9.4 v. 9.2 you netted $20 instead of $155.  I toss these darts just in case, but you aren't going to get rich in these single game contests.

On to my bread and butter, ticket contest.  Overlay was thin tonight.  Only saw an opportunity in $3 contest.  One had 871 x $3 = $2631 paying out 300x$9 $2700 in tickets and the other was 884 x $3 = $2652.  This well looks to be running dry.  I put my eight lineups twice in one one and once in the other.  6 of 8 cashed for 18 total tickets.  $72 entered, 18 x $9 or $162 in tickets.

All together, $88.50 in, $174.41 and 18 tickets out.

Emboldened by the "single game" posters in this thread ( and being a degenerate eager to cover Sunday's losses :bag:  ), I decided to try BNB's two QB strategy tonight.  I entered Brees / A. Smith / Chris Thompson / Ingram / Lutz  [ 93.03 total ] into two $1 contests.

$1 H2H   -->  lost when opponent's  Michael Thomas + Tre'Quan Smith >  Ingram + Lutz

$1  21-entry / 2 ticket satellite   -->  finished second, snagging a $9 ticket to next week's Sunday Million!   :moneybag: :excited: :clap: :moneybag:

Thanks, guys, especially @BassNBrew

Broke even on the 5 entries I made last night. Had some Smith but failed to put Ingram in any, kind of stupid on my part. In the last week, I’ve cashed in 1/2 my single game gpp. Seems like a good %. The Dallas Houston game I barely missed the cut and had more tix in that one, so that game cost me. Still, playing only gpp and being slightly up +a satellite ticket while getting my feet wet with a new strategy has me excited for the next week.  

Golladay is going to have a massive game soon. He had a 47 td td called back, another 40+ yd catch that just missed. Couple red zone targets that didn’t pan out if I remember correct, one for sure but I think thee were 2. Hes staffords favorite target and looks like the real deal. Bye week this week, but when they’re back I’ll be firing up Kenny g again in most of my contests. 
This is what confused me and I guess a downfall of me not actually getting to watch much football.  Unless I read it wrong, when I looked at the targets and target share it looked like before last week his usage was dipping a bit as Jones and Tate passed him in that department.  

Emboldened by the "single game" posters in this thread ( and being a degenerate eager to cover Sunday's losses :bag:  ), I decided to try BNB's two QB strategy tonight.  I entered Brees / A. Smith / Chris Thompson / Ingram / Lutz  [ 93.03 total ] into two $1 contests.

$1 H2H   -->  lost when opponent's  Michael Thomas + Tre'Quan Smith >  Ingram + Lutz

$1  21-entry / 2 ticket satellite   -->  finished second, snagging a $9 ticket to next week's Sunday Million!   :moneybag: :excited: :clap: :moneybag:

Thanks, guys, especially @BassNBrew 
Congrats.

This is what confused me and I guess a downfall of me not actually getting to watch much football.  Unless I read it wrong, when I looked at the targets and target share it looked like before last week his usage was dipping a bit as Jones and Tate passed him in that department.  
Maybe some targets getting wiped out by penalties on the play? Stafford is looking for him, you can see a level of trust developing. I believe he had 2 big plays wiped out from penalties- one was a 47 yd td, and I’m pretty sure he had another catch and run that came back. His 4-98-1 day was 2 calls away from about 6-170-2. Numbers be damned, Stafford is looking for him and isn’t scared to heave up 50-50 balls to him, and is targeting him deeeeep. I feel very confident in this take, perhaps @King of the Jungle or @Raging weasel can weigh in.

eta- he could have some variance due to the presence of jones and Tate, but he’s where Stafford wants to go. 

Maybe some targets getting wiped out by penalties on the play? Stafford is looking for him, you can see a level of trust developing. I believe he had 2 big plays wiped out from penalties- one was a 47 yd td, and I’m pretty sure he had another catch and run that came back. His 4-98-1 day was 2 calls away from about 6-170-2. Numbers be damned, Stafford is looking for him and isn’t scared to heave up 50-50 balls to him, and is targeting him deeeeep. I feel very confident in this take, perhaps @King of the Jungle or @Raging weasel can weigh in.

eta- he could have some variance due to the presence of jones and Tate, but he’s where Stafford wants to go. 
Thanks for leaning on my "expertise"...lol. When I first looked at the schedule I promised myself if they lost to the Jets that I wouldn't watch another game. So far that has been the case. On a good note, my blood pressure is down. 

Good info on Golladay - thanks guys.  

I see now that I wasn't completely off on the target share, but golladay is 12th in the league in air yards, and leads Det in market share of air yards.  

I probably should look at this site for gpp/big play guys too.  Ie John Brown has only 19% of targets, but leads the league in air yards and is 3rd in the league for % of air yards.  

Users who are viewing this thread