What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

So glad I talked myself out of Matt Ryan and into Lamar Jackson this morning.  Oh yeah, I also moved off the Philly defense   :cry:   I need to ban myself from Sunday morning changes that aren't injury related.  Oh well, can't win every week...

Huge scoring day.  Some of the cut lines in my 100 player 50/50s are into the 160s!!  

ETA...too bad I'm in the 140s.   :(   

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad I talked myself out of Matt Ryan and into Lamar Jackson this morning.  Oh yeah, I also moved off the Philly defense   :cry:   I need to ban myself from Sunday morning changes that aren't injury related.  Oh well, can't win every week...
:goodposting:  I pivoted off McCaffery to Elliot on one of my cash lineups this morning thinking Elliot could have as good of a day as McCaffery.  On the plus side, I was listening to a podcast this morning and they were talking about how the numbers were there on Bridgewater as  cheap QB for gpp and Aaaron Jones could be worth a shot so I threw together this lineup:

QB Bridgewater

HB McCaffrey

HB Jones

WR Michael Thomas

WR Fitzgerald

WR Will Fuller

TE Darren Waller

Flex Derek Henry

D Vikings

It scored me 241.75 good for 12th place out of 9920 team tourney which won me $75 off a $3 entry.  Should have thrown it in a few more, but hindsight is 20/20.

Super high scoring week.  Main cash LU hit for 181.0.   Still was only 3rd in the 5man I was in.   14.25 in, 25.90 out there.   Hit on a couple other gpps, but not much and I am for sure doing too high of a % of my week in gpps, so up about $12 on the day.  

Hit on most of the cash games again this week, all but 2. One 5$ 50/50 is dead and the other on a 10$ 50/50 I’m behind the cutline by 1 point, but I still have kittle to play. 

Made a little on gpps, have one really good one sitting in 7th place (213 points) with the niners defense to go. 2000 ppl T-M 2$ tourney. First place at 255 seems out of reach, but a good game by the defense could put me up to #2. 17 points would do it.  Go niners, play like the eagles defense against the jets!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a crazy and well frankly crappy week.  $325 in $250 out, my worst week of the year.  Neither cash LU made a dime including one that scored 145.14 but fortunately my GPPs kept it from being a complete loss.  Scoring was crazy this week, had GPP LUs that scored 150+(10 of them) and none cashed at all.  Had GPP LUs that went for 163/178.42/177.32/169/172.9 that min cashed and my lowly $2 GPP homer LU with a Minshew/Chark Jr stack ended up going for 210.98, LOL, that's justice as that was the only GPP LU I put into only one contest.

$49 in, $59 out.

Hit on one of my gpp lineups at 213 with 1.5 points from the TE slot.  I also switched out M. Thomas with Julio Jones Sunday morning. 

doing a single game 1$ single entry tourney for tonights game. 

OBJ, Kittle, Landry, Baker, Deebo 

Torn between OBJ and Kittle in the main slot, both have that slate breaking potential you look for, which in turn determines if I run baker or Jimmy G. I feel like Jimmy G is more prone to turnovers and he can not handle being pressured. Mayfield is also prone to turnovers with his gunslinger mentality, but I feel like he holds under pressure a little better.  Niners are down their top CB, but CLE secondary is banged up too. Both have good front 7s that bring pressure and solid run defenses. So I'm fading chubb at his cost and I don't like the lottery choice of the niners RBS. May still tweak it a little, but probably not. 

doing a single game 1$ single entry tourney for tonights game. 

OBJ, Kittle, Landry, Baker, Deebo 

Torn between OBJ and Kittle in the main slot, both have that slate breaking potential you look for, which in turn determines if I run baker or Jimmy G. I feel like Jimmy G is more prone to turnovers and he can not handle being pressured. Mayfield is also prone to turnovers with his gunslinger mentality, but I feel like he holds under pressure a little better.  Niners are down their top CB, but CLE secondary is banged up too. Both have good front 7s that bring pressure and solid run defenses. So I'm fading chubb at his cost and I don't like the lottery choice of the niners RBS. May still tweak it a little, but probably not. 
I went with a Chubb,  landry, Kittle, Goodwin, Garapolo.  Looking to see Cle jump up early and SF have to play catch up while Cle runs the ball

jerseys finest said:
Hit on most of the cash games again this week, all but 2. One 5$ 50/50 is dead and the other on a 10$ 50/50 I’m behind the cutline by 1 point, but I still have kittle to play. 

Made a little on gpps, have one really good one sitting in 7th place (213 points) with the niners defense to go. 2000 ppl T-M 2$ tourney. First place at 255 seems out of reach, but a good game by the defense could put me up to #2. 17 points would do it.  Go niners, play like the eagles defense against the jets!!!
Turned 2 into 100 in this tourney, 3rd overall against 2100 people with a score of 232, winner was at 255. Kittle did enough to keep me in third. He also bumped me over the cutline in the $10 50/50. So not a total bummer. Happy with the weeks results and on to week 6

jerseys finest said:
Turned 2 into 100 in this tourney, 3rd overall against 2100 people with a score of 232, winner was at 255. Kittle did enough to keep me in third. He also bumped me over the cutline in the $10 50/50. So not a total bummer. Happy with the weeks results and on to week 6
Well done.  Keep it rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread