What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 7 (2 Viewers)

I swapped out Beathard/Theilin/Kearse for Flacco/Woods/Goodwin
I like this...  I was just tinkering with something similar with a pivot to Woods.  Was toying with Callaway as a cheapo replacement for Kearse.  Don't know that I can trust him for cash, but geez he ought to be able to return 2x.

Anyone moving off Theilen with that weather info?  I am leaning towards sticking with him.
Going to leave Thielen because I can see him thriving with the intermediate routes. Currently deciding if I want to go the Zeke/Kearse or Woods/Chubb route.

Currently settled on the following cash line up...

Beathard/Gurley/Elliott/Woods/Landry/Goodwin/Ebron/Chubb/BAL  

Not sure about Landry as I keep getting burned by him and keep returning like moron.  Also not a huge fan of 2 Browns, 2 Rams, and the Beathard-Goodwin stack in a cash game.  Probably asking for trouble...

ETA...still have $300 on the table with this line up.  May keep staring at it, but the clock is ticking...

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to leave Thielen because I can see him thriving with the intermediate routes. Currently deciding if I want to go the Zeke/Kearse or Woods/Chubb route.
This is where I was.  Figure the wind might take Diggs out more, but keep Thielen active.    :shrug:

Damn, I wish I saw it earlier - got one entry into a $2 superflex gpp that only filled to 380 out of 1180 or so.  2/3 of the entries will double up.  Just saw it in the last minute, so scrambled and threw in a no-thought LU in there.   I never think to poke around in there or the PK contests.  

I haven't done many GPPs, but seems, in that very limited experience that the really chalky guys have about half the ownership in GPP as Cash. Consistent with your DK numbers.

That's what I did with my LUs I posted above.   So many cheap WRs out there who might be viable,  I think with the Chubb news and price people will go there or with Cohen, Kamara a no show last week (although it was probably a planned "week off"),  and I think it will be a slightly different build if you jam in 2 stud RBs.  I did Gurley/Zeke/Kamara for the main slate, and Gurley/Barkley/Hunt for the Sun-Mon.  

ETA:  I think slightly different builds would be 3 stud RBs or pay up for Ertz at TE, but I don't have access to ownership #s, so I am just guessing here.  
I have various duos of Saquon Barkley, Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, and Alvin Kamara on a lot of my teams. Crossing fingers.

I am getting hammered.  In ten 50/50 contests - currently in 97th place or worse in all.  I have some afternoon guys going, but this is not going to end well.

I have various duos of Saquon Barkley, Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, and Alvin Kamara on a lot of my teams. Crossing fingers.
Sweet.  Looks like we get all of the last 3's floor games.  :wall:

Nm, at least Gurley is getting there.   Haven't looked to see if any low priced wrs hit, but I now I didn't have any. 

I am getting hammered.  In ten 50/50 contests - currently in 97th place or worse in all.  I have some afternoon guys going, but this is not going to end well.
But I am currently winning $0.25 in the Red Dead freebie thing   :lmao: :lmao:

Are everyone's scores updating properly? I'm showing the LA-SF game still in Q3 and Was=Dal with 10 minutes left. Haven't, for example, gotten the Was Def TD yet (or, I don't think, the last Gurley TD). So don't really know if I have a shot. (I did refresh) And does M Goodwin reall have a zero? :(

Won $717 and 11 tickets on about $100 in. 
I'm ditching the FBG subscription next year.  If I'm going to lose for the better part of 2 seasons, I might as well lose on my own and give the extra 30 to FD and DK.

Maybe I'll buy you.

My entries for the week.

$1 Squib - cashed for $30 in 35th place (Wentz/Jeffery/Ertz stack)

4 $1 50/50's - all cashed (same lineup in all, the one I posted earlier in the thread)

$1 Squib - just outside the money by 2 points unfortunately

That's pretty much all I play every week, and it's working for me so far.  I don't do this for big bucks like Bass does, I do it for fun.  But it's more fun when you win like that $30 I got from 1 tournament.  I've never placed that high before, but I did ok last week ($7 and $5 in the same 2 Squib tournaments).  Just wanted to post a little brag for a second cause I'm excited.  

My entries for the week.

4 $1 50/50's - all cashed (same lineup in all, the one I posted earlier in the thread)

That's pretty much all I play every week, and it's working for me so far.  I don't do this for big bucks like Bass does, I do it for fun.  But it's more fun when you win like that $30 I got from 1 tournament.  I've never placed that high before, but I did ok last week ($7 and $5 in the same 2 Squib tournaments).  Just wanted to post a little brag for a second cause I'm excited.  
Congrats 

My entries for the week.

:thumbup:

what was your LU again? 

:thumbup:

what was your LU again? 
The Squib I took $30 in:

Wentz

Chubb, Gurley

Jeffery, Anthony Miller (yikes), John Brown

Ertz

Marlon Mack

Colts

The 50/50's:

Cam

Gurley, Chubb

John Brown, Kearse (again yikes with that goose egg, lucky me), Golladay

Njoku

Zeke

Colts

Probably got away with that one with some luck because of Zeke's day and Kearse dropping a 0 but 133.26 was good enough I guess.  Last position paid in those 50/50's was around 120.

I'm ditching the FBG subscription next year.  If I'm going to lose for the better part of 2 seasons, I might as well lose on my own and give the extra 30 to FD and DK.

Maybe I'll buy you.
I've been leaning on the optimizer most of the year.  Of course it tells me to use Gurley even week so maybe it's not that valuable.

Got lucky this week.  Only cashed 5 of 22 Milly entries.  Had been cashing between 40-55% rate.  Hit 5th place in on 4pm tourney for $500 and a won a 5 player for $100.  Rolled all my lineups into .25 ticket gpps that were only 50% full and that netted about 15 tickets on the day.

Haven't ever played DK.  Are the caps similar enough that 9.8 is a huge bargin?
It's a 50k cap, and the salary ranges are more spread out than FD I think.  Ie wrs will go from 3k-high 9k.  The big difference is its ppr.  He was 10k 2 weeks ago, crushed, was 9.8k this week, crushed, so I was very surprised to open it up and see the same salary again.  

May have to look at DK down the road.  Right now there's enough overlay at FD that I'm going to focus on chasing that.

I want to be like BnB when I grow up :D
Except for the going on full tilt and pissing away $400 on a Thursday night game.

Still mostly sticking to the same principals:

1. Not playing cash games.  The payout lines in the cash games and tournies have been close.  There's not enough upside in cash games to offset the FD vig.

2. Playing tournies with cash lineups.  I won't hit big doing this and it goes against some well established theories.  I actually looking at the percent ownership expectations published here and try to get those guys in my lineup.  Someone here posted about using Jordan Thomas and Gus Edwards this week.  He'll win big before me, but I'll cash more tickets in the mean time when a lot of people are approaching tournies this way.  Several posters here have hit for big money over the years.  My approach isn't a good for accomplishing this.

3. I don't play unless there's overlay or I feel really good about a slate.  That meant I didn't get in on the Thur to Mon slate this week because the contests were mostly filled.  I generally prep lineups for most slates and dump them into penny (where did these go?) or quarter contests so I can pull the trigger at the last minute.  More often than not, I just walk away from a slate.  I figure my skill at this is a tick below average so I'm not going to win in contests that fill out.  Yesterday I caught some ticket contest that were only 50% and one NBA contest that was paying 4 tickets that only 5 people entered and a 5 man winner takes all that only 3 people entered.

4. Playing a good bit of single game tournies and mostly sticking with using FBGs highest predicted point scorer in the MVP position.  Doesn't always work, but does a majority of the time.  You'll see a lot of lineups with a lesser palmer in the MVP spot hoping for a clear path to the top or avoiding a huge chop.  If you have 10-40% of the lineups fall into this category and get into a contest only 70-90% filled,  you will be in the hunt for cash most of the time.  I cashed a lineup last night that didn't have Hunt based solely on Mahommes doing his thing and only being less than 60% owned (unsure of the Mahommes MVP ownership).

I'm not winning based on building great lineups.  Just trying to offset my lack of skill by using a system that shifts the odds in my favor.

Ended up with 15 x $10 Milly tickets, 3 x $9 Thursday tickets, 2 WFFC $9 tickets, and one NBA $9 ticket.  Roughly $204 in tickets.

Not sure how FD handles this, but I had spot 24, 25, and 26 in a ticket contest that paired out 25 spots and no one else was involved with the tied.  I think they gave me two tickets rather than $18.  Does anyone know how they approach it when you are the only person involved in the ties?

I can't get off these lineups for tonight:

Ryan/Barkely/Engram/Ito/Hooper

Ryan/Julio/Manning/Ito/Hooper

Anyone I should be targeting tonight?

Does anyone see any $5000-$6000 guys that might be worth a stab?

Ryan/Julio/Manning/Ito/Hooper

Does anyone see any $5000-$6000 guys that might be worth a stab?
That's what I put in for the Players Club freebie. I was looking for ATL K, but don't see.
ETA- Just realized your other line up is what I had in 1st. 

Users who are viewing this thread