What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 “the ocho” (1 Viewer)

Just noticed that Rotowire has ownership % in their free optimizer.  To be fair, it doesn't say ownership of what - high stakes, low stakes, gpp, cash, etc...

Here were their tops of each position:

Mahomes (17%), Rodgers, Goff, Winston, Keenum, Dalton

Gurley(50%), Mixon(20%), Conner, Lindsay, Hunt, Barkley, A.Jones (wait, what??)

Green(23%), Adams, Brown, Sanders, Hill, Woods, Cooks, Evans, OBJ, D.Thomas

Kelce (13%), Graham, Howard, Burton, Njoku

Just thought it was interesting, mostly - Gurley that high at 11K, Jones being on there,   and no Ben in the top 6.

Just noticed that Rotowire has ownership % in their free optimizer.  To be fair, it doesn't say ownership of what - high stakes, low stakes, gpp, cash, etc...

Here were their tops of each position:

Mahomes (17%), Rodgers, Goff, Winston, Keenum, Dalton

Gurley(50%), Mixon(20%), Conner, Lindsay, Hunt, Barkley, A.Jones (wait, what??)

Green(23%), Adams, Brown, Sanders, Hill, Woods, Cooks, Evans, OBJ, D.Thomas

Kelce (13%), Graham, Howard, Burton, Njoku

Just thought it was interesting, mostly - Gurley that high at 11K, Jones being on there,   and no Ben in the top 6.
People forgot about Tyler Boyd already? I am liking him this week. What do you think?

People forgot about Tyler Boyd already? I am liking him this week. What do you think?
He is one that I am looking at for sure.  I think his string of great games also came when Ross was out, and Ross is out for this game.   I don't seem to love Mixon as much as everybody this week, so after my last couple of posts I wrote down to see what I could do with a LU starting off with Dalton/Green/Boyd and running it back with a TB guy.  

He is one that I am looking at for sure.  I think his string of great games also came when Ross was out, and Ross is out for this game.   I don't seem to love Mixon as much as everybody this week, so after my last couple of posts I wrote down to see what I could do with a LU starting off with Dalton/Green/Boyd and running it back with a TB guy.  
Is Barber healthy or what? If a TB RB hits, it could be sweet. 

My Gpp lineup. I know it seems a bit chalky but I think there is enough differentiation in there. As good as the Rams defense is they are 9th worst at defending the TE.

QB-Rodgers

RB- Hunt, Connor

WR- Godwin, Boyd, Nelson

TE- Graham

Flex- Lindsay

Def- Pittsburgh

My Gpp lineup. I know it seems a bit chalky but I think there is enough differentiation in there. As good as the Rams defense is they are 9th worst at defending the TE.

QB-Rodgers

RB- Hunt, Connor

WR- Godwin, Boyd, Nelson

TE- Graham

Flex- Lindsay

Def- Pittsburgh
That WR group doesn't seem so chalky

My current line up for cash...

Trubisky

D. Johnson Barkley/Hunt/Mostert

A. Brown/TY HIlton Baldwin/Sutton

Cook Uzomah

Pittsburgh
Tweaked it.  I let some jack off on the radio sell me on Baldwin which allows me to upgrade Johnson to Barkley.

That WR group doesn't seem so chalky
Exactly.  I also think Rodgers-Graham will be less popular than Rodgers-Adams, and if those #s above are accurate, fading Gurley is going against the grain too.  I would think this is fine for gpps.  Plus we have seen cash LUs hit big for gpps anyway..

Ooof.  My lineup doesn't look all that impressive in the Optimizer tool.  I hope it is closer to Bloom's numbers than Tremblay's...fairly significant difference between the 2.  

QB-Rodgers

RB- Hunt, Connor

WR- Godwin, Boyd, Nelson

TE- Graham

Flex- Lindsay

Def- Pittsburgh
I swapped Nelson for Brandon Cooks and switched Connor to Howard. I want another piece of that packers/rams game but I'm not sure if it's worth the downgrade to Howard.

Man, stacking up the Lar/GB passing attack leaves you super thin at RB.  I know those will be popular QBs and stacks, but maybe others are coming up with better ideas.  Right now I have:

Goff - Lindsay/Howard/K.Johnson - Adams/Cooks/Woods - Doyle - Az 

Probably could go off of one of Cooks/Woods, but I figure if I am saying Goff is having a monster day and I am not having Gurley in there, then the 2 WRs are right there with him.  I also have one with Rodgers Adams Graham and running it back with one of the LaR guys, but that is also thin.  I can do David Johnson + 2 cheap RBs in that one at least.  

Here is something else I put together:

Ben - Conner/Hunt/D.Johnson - J.Brown/Boyd/Nelson - Njoku - Az

I was surprised that Ben was so low on the projected ownership, and it's not as popular to throw the QB/RB together even though they have just as high of a correlation as something like QB-TE.   Another tweak to this exact LU is going up to Mahomes to pair with Hunt, and could bring it back with a Denv guy if I wanted.    :shrug:

Greetings gang - my stab at a cash LU for the week. Shows up at 127.9, the highest total of all the ones I played around with. I think I am comfortable with this, even though it does not include Gurley:

QB/ Winston, RB/ Barkley - Conner, WR/ Hilton - Boyd - Gabriel, TE/ Njoku, Flex/ Lindsay, DEF/ ARI.

Gurley's just to much for me to try and squeeze in other good hi-floor guys. Gonna have to be a GPP-only play, and even then, with some stacks that kinda make me cringe. Think Manning/Shepard or Flacco/J. Brown. 

@David Dodds  FYI - your link to the FanDuel Cost/Value chart is coming up empty... 

Not Found

The requested URL /2018/18fanduel_week8.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Greetings gang - my stab at a cash LU for the week. Shows up at 127.9, the highest total of all the ones I played around with. I think I am comfortable with this, even though it does not include Gurley:

QB/ Winston, RB/ Barkley - Conner, WR/ Hilton - Boyd - Gabriel, TE/ Njoku, Flex/ Lindsay, DEF/ ARI.

Gurley's just to much for me to try and squeeze in other good hi-floor guys. Gonna have to be a GPP-only play, and even then, with some stacks that kinda make me cringe. Think Manning/Shepard or Flacco/J. Brown. 
It would be hard to fade him in cash - who else produces like him?  But like you said, it's a 3K jump from the next guy.  Not sure what LUs with Gurley will look like, but I was really surprised that they still predicted him as being the highest owned RB.   

I could see something like:  Winston - Gurley/Hunt or Conner/Lindsay - Landry/Nelson/6.4K WR (Crabtree?) - Doyle - AZ

@David Dodds  FYI - your link to the FanDuel Cost/Value chart is coming up empty... 

Not Found

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Glad I'm not the only one noticing this. Hope it's fixed by the morning. 

Not Found

fix this please

F-it.  Here is where I am for FD gpps.  8 LUs for the Main slate:

3 Det/Seattle stacks

2 LaR/GB stacks

2 Like I posted above with Conner and Hunt in the LU - 1 with Ben, 1 with Mahomes

1 Ds don't matter longer shot stack with Cam/McCaffrey/Funchess/J.Brown that also has Gurley.  

Damn...I change my mind way too much in this game.  I currently have 2 LUs for cash.  Keep 'em both or settle on one...

Luck/Conner/Hunt/Mostert/A. Brown/Nelson/Kearse/Kelce/Pit

Trubisky/Conner/Hunt/Lindsey/Adams/Baldwin/Gabriel/Uzomah/Pit

Not sure I am in love with my WRs with either lineup.

Damn...I change my mind way too much in this game.  I currently have 2 LUs for cash.  Keep 'em both or settle on one...

Luck/Conner/Hunt/Mostert/A. Brown/Nelson/Kearse/Kelce/Pit

Not sure I am in love with my WRs with either lineup.
Those look like GPP LU’s to me. 

Here we go.

Cash 1:

Winston

Conner, Howard, James White

J Brown, Reek, Sanders

MacDonald

Cardinals

Cash 2:

Cousins 

Kamara, Conner, Lindsay

Boyd, Sanders, Shephard 

Macdonald

Cardinals  

Not stacking either. And not sure I love either. FWIW I like 1 better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go.

Cash 1:

Winston

Conner, Howard, James White

J Brown, Reek, Sanders

MacDonald

Cardinals

Cash 2:

Cousins 

Kamara, Conner, Lindsay

Boyd, Sanders, Shephard 

Macdonald

Cardinals  

Not stacking either. And not sure I love either. FWIW I like 1 better.
I like 1 better as well, but after looking at his weird home/road stats, I wouldn't want Hill in cash.  (Watch him go off today- I have 0% on 3 different sites).  I would prefer boyd or Woods in cash myself, but again- i have been whiffing on cash and didn't do a cash LU today.  

I like 1 better as well, but after looking at his weird home/road stats, I wouldn't want Hill in cash.  (Watch him go off today- I have 0% on 3 different sites).  I would prefer boyd or Woods in cash myself, but again- i have been whiffing on cash and didn't do a cash LU today.  
Hill was actually my last add. Call it a feeling today. 

I like this one a lot with the exception of Lindsey.  All over the Trubisky/Gabriel stack though, looks like Robinson will sit and Gabriel is due for a big game.  I gotta go see where I can squeeze in some more Burton as well.

The fact that I like it means you should revise it immediately, the lineup is surely doomed :)

Those look like GPP LU’s to me. 
Really?  Conner, Hunt, Brown, and Kelce are all pretty chalky.  Can't go all chalk...too damn pricey.  I guess doubling up on the KC guys isn't standard cash play, but at the rate KC throws up points, seems alright to me.

Really?  Conner, Hunt, Brown, and Kelce are all pretty chalky.  Can't go all chalk...too damn pricey.  I guess doubling up on the KC guys isn't standard cash play, but at the rate KC throws up points, seems alright to me.
Haha this is true. But the rest are all low % plays. Not a fan of Mostert, Nelson or Kearse for cash, specifically. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha this is true. But the rest are all low % plays. Not a fan of Mostert, Nelson or Kearse for cash, specifically. 
I felt comfortable with these guys as high chance to hit 2x value with such low costs.  Time will tell.  Right now the line up is in the money, but it is way too early to count anything.  It seems to be Hunt and Conner holding it back so far...

Elevencents said:
You were right on all three...duds thus far.  But fortunately, I am still holding on in all my contests as we head tot he 4th quarters of the late games.

Users who are viewing this thread